• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but yesterday's information in regards to Lugarugan also revealed Vikavolt's HP at level 50. With its max HP set at 137 on the image, it appears that Vikavolt's base HP is exactly 77 (assuming 0 EVs and a 0 HP IV), which is higher than I had speculated.
That's pretty nice to work with at bare minimum. Hopefully it has decent defense/special defense to work with as well. I doubt we'll see anything like, say, Escavalier but not keeling over and dying to any neutral attack would be a very nice start.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really want to know what is up with Ultra Beasts.
My best guess is that the Ultra Beasts will have an unknown typing that none of the other Pokemon use. They could be like the Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon XD, where instead of Shadow moves, they'll utilize Ultra Beast moves.

Ultra Beast attacks would deal 2x their normal damage against any Pokemon who is not an Ultra Beast. As for the status moves, Ultra Beast status moves can end up being rather nasty.

Lastly, Ultra Beasts can't be caught with any kind of Poke Ball; even the Master Ball is rendered useless against them. Instead, as the game progresses, the player will eventually receive a very special kind of Poke Ball that is powerful enough to capture an Ultra Beast, but its success rate will only be 100% if the Ultra Beast's current HP is "exactly" 1 (this would require False Swipe usage).

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My guess is ultra beasts are developed by the Aether Foundation using pokemon DNA and molding it to resemble people.

I think it would be cool and wouldn't be as dark as full metal alchemist.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
My guess is ultra beasts are developed by the Aether Foundation using pokemon DNA and molding it to resemble people.

I think I like this idea too. I want them to be catchable (even if the one straight from Ben 10 is the only one I'd use) and this doesn't feel like too much of a departure from existing stuff, like Porygon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd use Expansion if he's catchable

Or people figure out how to get him through hacking

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I don't know. Part of me feels like the Ultra Beasts are extraterrestrials that are highly malevolent; most other Extraterrestrial Pokémon are sentiment, and can be reasoned with. If you think that Mewtwo's nature is savage, the Ultra Beasts are a lot worse.

It should also be noted that UB-02 Beauty has the power to infatuate anyone, regardless of gender, which could mean that even genderless Pokémon are not safe against it (a first, considering that genderless Pokémon are supposed to be immune to all gender related moves and abilities).

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't know. Part of me feels like the Ultra Beasts are extraterrestrials that are highly malevolent; most other Extraterrestrial Pokémon are sentiment, and can be reasoned with. If you think that Mewtwo's nature is savage, the Ultra Beasts are a lot worse.

It should also be noted that UB-02 Beauty has the power to infatuate anyone, regardless of gender, which could mean that even genderless Pokémon are not safe against it (a first, considering that genderless Pokémon are supposed to be immune to all gender related moves and abilities).
Thats just a theory as of now. Until its stated directly that these Ultra Beasts aren't catchable I will assume otherwise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thats just a theory as of now. Until its stated directly that these Ultra Beasts aren't catchable I will assume otherwise.
Yeah I did kind of mention about a special Poke Ball that can catch Ultra Beasts. However, even I'm kind of doubting that they'll be catchable, considering how dangerous they are.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah I did kind of mention about a special Poke Ball that can catch Ultra Beasts. However, even I'm kind of doubting that they'll be catchable, considering how dangerous they are.
We can catch god. :laugh:

EDIT: The life pokemon, the death pokemon, satan, the deities of time and space, the list goes on. The ultra beasts are hardly that intimidating when you consider the absurd stuff we've caught before.

(I'm kidding/not kidding/i don't even know I'm tired)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they are trying to say that Ultra Beasts aren't pokemon, which is why they aren't catchable. I mean, you can't catch people in pokeballs...Ultra Beasts are some kind of other thing that aren't humans and aren't pokemon

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
At this point, I'm leaning toward the UBs not being obtainable. They're here more to be bosses, I think. I kinda hope we get to send out up to three mons at a time against them, to really nail down the feel of a JRPG boss fight.

Stealth Rock will also be pretty useful. Hope Lugarugan can learn it, as well as ancient power. It could certainly become a useful rock type pokemon.
They showed a battle royale at Gamescom where a Rockruff got used at one point, and it had Stealth Rock in its moveset. That's a guarantee that at least the day form can chip off some of an opponent's health when they switch in, then maul them with priority STAB. If this line can learn Swords Dance, look out.

In related news, the trailer on the 20th is probably where we'll get the localized names, typings, and the lore on the site. Sandyghast and Palossand started out as "Corocoro exclusives" in the middle of the month, but then their official reveals came at the PWT, only a few days after the magazine officially released. This'll likely be something similar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

UBO2 Absorption and UB02 Beauty and Lugaragan Midday and Midnight formes all cool really like them. I look forward to news on the 20th.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So since we are two days away from the new reveals what does everyone want to see or expect to see? At this point I don't really care about the Ultimate beats because we don't even know if they are catchable and they could just be for in-game story purposes and don't really impact anything outside of that.. we just need more information on them..
Outside of that I'd like to see more Alolan form Pokemon and still the starter evolutions, and more new Pokemon to see if the credibility of the leaks are still good..

D

Deleted member

A good question Fluttershy personally I'd like to see the starters middle evolutions, some new Pokemon, and maybe some other new Alolan Pokemon
Hard to say if the news will be big as this week's wasn't but they've given us so much news it dosen't always have to be huge. But that's what I'd like hopefully we'll see more info suggesting the Chinese rumors to be true or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this point I just want the middle stages for the starters...they're a bit overdue by this point...

I wouldn't mind more Alola forms, specifically for some Pokemon outside of Gen I as I feel like quite a few of them could benefit from a change...

Of course more info and typings for Lugarugan and it's forms...I want to see if we'll got a Rock/Ghost werewolf

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So since we are two days away from the new reveals what does everyone want to see or expect to see? At this point I don't really care about the Ultimate beats because we don't even know if they are catchable and they could just be for in-game story purposes and don't really impact anything outside of that.. we just need more information on them..
Outside of that I'd like to see more Alolan form Pokemon and still the starter evolutions, and more new Pokemon to see if the credibility of the leaks are still good..
Expect: Rockruff evo.

Want: New Pokemon, starter evolutions, non gen I alolan forms.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want to see the starter evos, more alolan forms, the rumored snowman and another new mon or two.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Unpopular opinion, but I want to see how transfering from VC Gen 1 to Sun/Moon works in detail. How do outdated units are going to be fit. But I find it unlikely, so I expect Rockruff's evos information.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unpopular opinion, but I want to see how transfering from VC Gen 1 to Sun/Moon works in detail. How do outdated units are going to be fit. But I find it unlikely, so I expect Rockruff's evos information.
I want to see this to actually, and see any incentive to other then nostalgic purposes. I don't see us getting deatails till next month though or early November.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something tells me that the transfer process might not work as well as planned. First of all, natures never existed in the 1st generation, so all Pokemon were treated as if they have neutral natures. As such, I'm thinking that any Pokemon who gets transferred from the 1st generation titles will have their nature restricted to either Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, or Serious.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That reminds me that i need to continue to work on my Blue Version to get it ready for G7 and iirc i haven't done a whole lot lol
Something tells me that the transfer process might not work as well as planned. First of all, natures never existed in the 1st generation, so all Pokemon were treated as if they have neutral natures. As such, I'm thinking that any Pokemon who gets transferred from the 1st generation titles will have their nature restricted to either Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, or Serious.
Hidden Abilities weren't introduced either so they'll probably not be included unless they give it a chance of happening. but imo they still have a chance but it's not very likely if they do it this way or not..

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Which Pokemon would you like to get Mega forms?
Alot.

Flygon, every starter, Raichu, Milotic, Slowking, Cacturne, Girafarig, Eevee, etc.

I want the concept to continue in general really. It doesn't have to be 20 new ones every time a new game comes out but 5 plus a gen of starters? I'd love that.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Alot.

Flygon, every starter, Raichu, Milotic, Slowking, Cacturne, Girafarig, Eevee, etc.

I want the concept to continue in general really. It doesn't have to be 20 new ones every time a new game comes out but 5 plus a gen of starters? I'd love that.
Milotic is one ive wanted for a while actually. Most of those I can get behind though Girafarig is an odd choice. I feel it could use a Gen IV-esque actual evolution more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hidden Abilities weren't introduced either so they'll probably not be included unless they give it a chance of happening. but imo they still have a chance but it's not very likely if they do it this way or not..
Abilities and genders never existed at all in the 1st generation either. It'll be an odd dilemma, especially if your 1st generation Pokemon have nicknames that use gender symbols; the irony would be if the nickname uses the male symbol, and yet the Pokemon's gender is actually female.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm going into Tuesday's news with low expectations. After what happened last week when we were promised new information at 8:00 CST but we didn't get a trailer until several hours later and said trailer being small with information we just learned, I won't be surprised if Tuesday will be a repeat of that similar scenario.

I guess my biggest hope for Tuesday is the reveal of the middle starter evolutions since it's about the right time for that. It would also be cool to hear a little bit more to the story outside of the Ultra Beasts. Perhaps provide a few more hints regarding what Lillie's secret could be?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going into Tuesday's news with low expectations. After what happened last week when we were promised new information at 8:00 CST but we didn't get a trailer until several hours later and said trailer being small with information we just learned, I won't be surprised if Tuesday will be a repeat of that similar scenario.

I guess my biggest hope for Tuesday is the reveal of the middle starter evolutions since it's about the right time for that. It would also be cool to hear a little bit more to the story outside of the Ultra Beasts. Perhaps provide a few more hints regarding what Lillie's secret could be?
I really hope it isn't like last week. Does't seem likely to be either, because they announced it on the american twitter. So we'll see and hopefully be pleased.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's probably the reveal of weregarurumons. officially and what they do

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd love to see the Rockruff evos in action, as well as maybe one or two more newies. The starter middle evos would be cool, but I kinda wanna see a couple of different Pokemon... maybe a new Water or a new Ground type.

Also, gimmie another Alolan form.

:047::024::057::083::085::124::089::110:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Part of me thinks the reason they didn't reveal anything notable last week is because they wanted to be able to show off Rockruff's evo soon after Corocoro's street date. By saving the juicier stuff for the 20th, it gave them the opportunity to.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How would people feel about these Alola forms?
:134:-Dragon
:135:-Steel or Poison
:136:-Ghost

Also another thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet...I think Cutiefly's evolution will be revealed tomorrow as well...I think it looks rather interesting as it appears to be based on the Hummingbirb Moth...I'm glad as that is what I was hoping for Cutiefly's evolution...

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Also another thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet...I think Cutiefly's evolution will be revealed tomorrow as well...I think it looks rather interesting as it appears to be based on the Hummingbirb Moth...I'm glad as that is what I was hoping for Cutiefly's evolution...
I think we can exclude the Eeveelutions from getting an Alolan form imo though if they do get one I'd say Vaporeon would get Poison instead of Dragon. Jolteon would be questionable but Flareon would probably make the most sense as a Ghost type

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I would love alolan forms for the eeveelutions. All of these would be pretty interesting designs to see as well based on those types.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Doesn't that kill the potential of those types ever getting real eeveelutions?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Doesn't that kill the potential of those types ever getting real eeveelutions?
Probably.

I hate the idea and I don't even like Eeveelutions. If they're doing them, do it properly, make entirely new eeveelutions and make Eevee evolve differently in Alola to how it otherwise would. Presuming these alolan forms aren't flash in the pan ideas gone next game, there'll probably be some kind of item related to Alola that makes the Pokemon Alolan that could also be used to recover alolan eeveelutions in later games.

My personal bet is some kind of Alolan charm that if held by a Pokemon whilst breeding produces an Alolan child.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not a bad trailer, like the new mons and the evolutions are version exclusive, surprising...

Top Bottom