• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Platinum released!

POKE40

Smash Lord
Pokemon Plantium: Released!
Here it is folks! Pokemon Plantium is here.
(yeah yeah... I know I posted this Sat. 11:29...)

Giratina loves the attention.

So this new Plantium is the new Pokemon Craze. It packs stuff like what Pokemon Emerald gave us:
  • Such the battle frontier
  • New Pokemon (well sorta)
  • and so forth.
A BUNCH of new things was installed in this series such as:

(I hid it in case you want to be spoil free) I'm also quite sure you know about this too....)X

• [*]New areas to explore
      [*]updates to the trading center thing
      [*]some gym designs completely redone
      [*]A LOT to do after completion of elite four
      [*]battle gym leaders again (at a way higher level!)
      [*]catch the 3 birds, 3 regis, and Palkia and Dialaga
      [*]
    ALSO....
when you go buy the game. Stop by your toys-are-us (might as well buy the game there...) to have your Diamond/ Pearl. You can use mystery gift to receive a level 100 regigias. To know how to get mystery gift you don't have it please check here:
http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/mysterygift.shtml

So what is your thoughts on this new game?
1. Gahh... not another pokemon game...
2. omg omg omg omg omg
3. .... :O

Whats your reason on getting it too?
1. Pokemon Fan
2. SINCE THERE ARE NO GOOD games for nintendo...
3. Experiment

For all the spoils of Platinum. check here:
DON'T CLICk if you don't want to be spoiled

http://serebii.net/platinum/

since I got sniped faster than a n00b spawned on a gerenade in the light house... I wonder if it was okay to post it here...
i'm quite sure you guys are all familar with serebii.net though

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now, come on, Jppuff.

That thread is for Pokemon Platinum. This thread is for Pokemon Planitum.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
There are a lot of Pokémon Platinum threads. This game better be epic, or I'll get angry. D:<
You mean more epic than pokemon diamond/pearl, or more epic than pokemon gold/silver, where you got to fight the pokemon yellow trainer as the final battle?

It will obviously be an improvement of D/P, but I think g/s might be a one-time deal (unfortunately - what happened to all the hard in the games? I miss emerald a little bit, and I kinda hope Platinum is Emerald - difficulty).

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anything can be G/S/C epic.

But the game seems to be above D/P which is pretty cool. I might get this over an SFIV xbox pad xD

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Anyone know iff G/S/C can still save?

I have some really old copies off the games, and truth is, the graphics haven't declined so much with age that they aren't worth a replay (I wish the same were true of red and blue). But some games run on a internal battery save which the charge decays on over time. Is G/S/C still savable?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
If you haven't played it too much, yes. My crystal is still saveable. My gold was stolen, meh.

but yah once the battery runs out which it has with a lot of people, it's unsaveable..

:393:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
In otherwords, my incomplete Crystal version is probably good, but my silver version which I finished twice not so much. It's hardly a permament solution, but dead batteries tend to run when they're heated up. I wonder if placing a gameboy on a radiator will get the save batteries running again.

I could see someone making a mint replacing old gold/silver batteries over the internet though.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
not true :o

I think I played through gold version about 3 times or something like that. but then again I just did the main game, not exactly the catching 'em all and whatever..

:393:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
not true :o

I think I played through gold version about 3 times or something like that. but then again I just did the main game, not exactly the catching 'em all and whatever..
Cool. Then I'm good. Thanks.

You seem to have forgotten Genius Sonority's game Pokemon Trozei!
Pokemon Colleseum was equally epic.

But it was also more boring and arduous.

Too much grind, but epic where it's important.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
2. SINCE THERE ARE NO GOOD games for nintendo...
What about Mario & Luigi RPG 3? That's epic sauce as we speak. Also, still waiting on that Kirby game to get done if they didn't forget about it. D=

Other than that, like I'd said on the other thread, I'm looking forward to play as Dawn because I like her new appeal even though I'm a guy.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
For the GSC thing, they will save still, it just depends on whether the battery runs dry or not; it varies by the actual cartridge. That said, I really hope they make a remake for it since I haven't checked my silver in a while >_o

But mine still saved in like december or so. Or you can just replace the batteries and have fun for the next seven years.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I like Dawn's new look myself.

The boy trainer, though (whatever his name is) looks kinda like Edgeworth in blue.

with a hat.

And while playing as Edgeworth would be the most epic thing ever, I doubt the pokemon characters would ever be sarcastic enough to pull off the stuck-up 17th century lawyer persona. and it just doesn't look quite right. At least, not with the hat.

http://guides.ign.com/guides/14254510/

So, how does one replace the G/S/C batteries?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Cool, thanks. I'll look more deeply into it in the morning though, it's really late to learn how to rip apart gameboy games without destroying them over in my timezone.

Also, I kinda want to play platinum before tomorrow afternoon.

goodnight.

Last edit: ah, it looks easier than I thought it would be. Thanks again!

c3gill

Smash Ace
......... pokemon platinum doesnt come out until tommorow @ midnight, right?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokemon Platinum is already out, c3gill.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I initially wasn't going to get this today, but I think I'm going to after all. Assuming, of course, that it doesn't sell out. I can't imagine it would but you never know.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
you might want to hurry if you're getting it at gamestop at least.

Appearently a LOT of gamestops opened up at 9:00 today for the release of this game. That's pretty stupid for a sunday imo, since most people have church and stuff like that. but w/e.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I wanted that regigigas:(. Do you have to keep it to open up the other 3 or just have it and then you can give it away?
I'll probably go get it after I eat breakfast:)

Wouw, can't you import it (hint: eBay)

Niiro

Smash Ace
omgomg/hypehypehype
This game looks pretty sweet, gtfo haters and wetblankets ^^

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Appearently a LOT of gamestops opened up at 9:00 today for the release of this game. That's pretty stupid for a sunday imo, since most people have church and stuff like that. but w/e.
Sadly, my Gamestop don't open till 12:00pm when I'm in the middle of church serves. =/

c3gill

Smash Ace
sorry man :(

i think ima go pick it up in a few :)

im really excited!!!!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, I went to the mall and picked up the game, with no problems. They said they had plenty of copies, so yeah. Since I didn't care about the figurine, it didn't matter that I didn't reserve it, which is good.

So yeah, I just got back from picking it up, and haven't started it yet. I don't know who I'm going to choose as my starter...

And out of curiosity, did anyone pick up the strategy guide? I don't plan on doing so myself, but I saw it in the store and it was MASSIVE. I guess they probably decided to combine the Ultimate National Dex and Regular Guides together?

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have the import, since I didn't know when Pokemon Platinum US release date would come. Seeing how it didn't take too long, I might buy it just for the easier reading. Hope to see new players and some old faces in Pokemon Platinum ;D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You guys are lucky...I just found out this morning that the last $40 in my account that I was supposed to have went to a subscription to something that I don't even remember ever subscribing to, or something that I subscribed to and then unsubscribed to and had already been charged for. So until I get that all figured out (which I'm hoping will be in the form of a refund, although it's unlikely), I have no chance of getting this game. I want it so bad too... :(

M.K

Level 55
Well, I went to the mall and picked up the game, with no problems. They said they had plenty of copies, so yeah. Since I didn't care about the figurine, it didn't matter that I didn't reserve it, which is good.

So yeah, I just got back from picking it up, and haven't started it yet. I don't know who I'm going to choose as my starter...

And out of curiosity, did anyone pick up the strategy guide? I don't plan on doing so myself, but I saw it in the store and it was MASSIVE. I guess they probably decided to combine the Ultimate National Dex and Regular Guides together?
LOL The strategy guide was ENORMOUS! I saw it when I picked the game up from Gamestop today, too.
I chose Piplup since...I liked his sprite. >_> I have a Level 12 Piplup on my team and that's it. I want a different team, I'm looking for a Ralts!

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I got the game and preororderd it, and didn't expect the figurine. I was going to give it to my small nephew who doesn't know anything about pokemon, but when my mom broke it by touching it I didn't want him to choke on the small pieces, so I just gave it to my next door neighbor.

I started out with piplup.
I just want to catch a ralts though, ><.

I saw the strategy guide to, I asked how much it was but it was so freakin huge I didn't think I'd have room for it.

WHAT IS IN THAT THING THAT REQUIRES 9000 PAGES?! XD

POKE40

Smash Lord
I got the game and preororderd it, and didn't expect the figurine. I was going to give it to my small nephew who doesn't know anything about pokemon, but when my mom broke it by touching it I didn't want him to choke on the small pieces, so I just gave it to my next door neighbor.

I started out with piplup.
I just want to catch a ralts though, ><.

I saw the strategy guide to, I asked how much it was but it was so freakin huge I didn't think I'd have room for it.

WHAT IS IN THAT THING THAT REQUIRES 9000 PAGES?! XD
All the fun stuff that Planitum has in it :)

D

Deleted member

ow man... sorry );
must of skipped it in the search thread...

I wish that thread was stickied... ):
wouldn't it make more sense to PM me and be like "sticky this" rather than to make sad faces to a public room of people that can't do anything about it?

Top Bottom