• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Platinum released!

UncleSam

Smash Master
I tried some of the new transformations, (Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin), on Pokémon Battle Revolution, they just reformed them back to there orignal form and if the item is only found in Platinum, they won't show it. D=

I guess they have to make a new Pokémon 3D game if they want to show the new transformations.

yeah I heard they change back, also if you have origin form and you trade it over to D/P the Griseous orb pops up in your bag and the person who got Giratina gets the Altered form...
and where do you change Rotom?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You need the Secret Key.

Then it's in the Eterna Galactic Building.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Speaking of the Old Chateau, can you get Rotom before the National Dex/beating the E4? If so, I should probably pick it up while I'm around there.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Speaking of the Old Chateau, can you get Rotom before the National Dex/beating the E4? If so, I should probably pick it up while I'm around there.
yes, you can get it at any time now(between 8pm and 4am of course) do you seriously need the movie regigigas to get the 3 regis?

rhan

Smash Hero
It is a Daytime Happiness evolution, but the problem was that the Budew took forEVER to actually like me, not that it was in the daytime.
I think I can change the time anyways so it's not a big deal. =P But I've spent a LOT of time just walking around, giving it poffins, doing a contest, all while it holds a Soothe Bell and earlier today when I had a short amount of free time I finally got it up to 2 large hearts...shortly after which my battery died. Fortunately I hadn't played for that long, but it's still annoying.
I know how that feels. It took my Bunery until level 45 until it finally evolved. I hate happiness evolutions. <.<

And poffins I think help happiness. But contests? I don't remember reading about that.

Agh I need Platnium. Even my bro has it before me. D:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, you do need that dumb Regigigas to get the other Regis. That's so dumb. Any word on when the Secret Key will be distributed? Or has it been already?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah, you do need that dumb Regigigas to get the other Regis. That's so dumb. Any word on when the Secret Key will be distributed? Or has it been already?
haven't heard anything yet, and my AR is broken(hardly use it anyway), and yes platinum codes have already been released
I can always trade them over from my Diamond...

urdailywater

Smash Hero
You need the Secret Key.

Then it's in the Eterna Galactic Building.
How do you get the secret key? I've already actually tried to get the key after having the mystery event thing but I can't download the key for some reason.

I already told the guy in jubilife something about happiness or w/e wifi connection. Still no gift whenever I try to connect.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's not up right now. You have to wait until they announce a Wi-Fi event for the US version.

UncleSam

Smash Master
22 more to see until I have the national dex... then I can get heatran, has anybody beaten any Frontier Brains? I sure haven't, something always happens to ruin my streak after 20-30 wins...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Riley on Iron Island gives it to you. [Strength]
I just found out that the Shaymin event over Wifi is on the 18th of April for Japan. Mwahahaha...looks like I'm getting Shaymin.

And, I haven't got to the Frontier Brains...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I just found out that the Shaymin event over Wifi is on the 18th of April for Japan. Mwahahaha...looks like I'm getting Shaymin.
Don't forget to talk to that lady next to the bill board in Floroma Town after you get Shaymin so you can be able to get Sky Shaymin. =D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Has anyone experimented with the Acid Rain glitch???

This shiz is ridiculous lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Acid Rain?

...anyway, is there a Luck Insence in Platinum because I want to breed my Electibuzz, and I want them to start as an Elekid.

I also want a Pikachu that knows Volt Tackle...I already have a Light Orb

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Electivire doesn't need a hold item to produce a Elekid as Elekid was introduced in GSC before the ******** conception(oh look a pun) of hold item pre-evolutions.

Anyhoo, I've been playing this for a bit now and I've just reached Giratina. The altered world was a little dissapointing but I liked the cinematic that preceded it. I want to transfer my pokemon from D/P over but it's quite a collection and I don't really have the means to do it without another D/S. Nintendo should have made it possible to use ranch or PBR for this sort of thing. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone else think Machop should be a male only species? (And his evolutions)

Or at least give the female mammaries...

...The female one disturbs me for some reason using the same sprite.

c3gill

Smash Ace
im really pissed about a lack of a decent way to send over D/P pokemon. I have been catching literally EVERY pokemon I come across, just to trade with my other game.

I heard DSi has a way to trade between D/P To Platinum with only 1 system..... that sounds tight.

UncleSam

Smash Master
im really pissed about a lack of a decent way to send over D/P pokemon. I have been catching literally EVERY pokemon I come across, just to trade with my other game.

I heard DSi has a way to trade between D/P To Platinum with only 1 system..... that sounds tight.
If so, good. I completed my pokedex on Diamond, and I want to transfer over, but trading takes too long, I've only transferred 30 pokemon, and that took 2 hours,
I can't get in that one building in the Survival area...

Mewter

Smash Master
Acid Rain is a Platinum glitch which appears whenever any weather besides Rain is active and you kill someone with Pursuit (opponent must switch). It has some freaky effects.
Lol. A tech! We must learn how to badly exploit it!/wavedashing

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You know, Acid rain could do some very interesting things to competitive pokemon hypothetically.

It seems somewhat hard to ban, because Pokemon like Scizor would not be able to fully function without the ability to use pursuit.

I question why it exists only in Platinum, and why several months after a japanese release I am only now hearing of it.

EDIT: Too bad NPC's never switch. I would love to cheat my way through battle tower. Do they still use the stupid winning streak system in Platinum?

Puddin

Smash Lord
DSi comes out this Sunday, posting from the line outside my local Gamestop.

Doesn't the DSi have two DS Cartridge holders? I heard something like that, maybe that's how it would work? Have your D/P in one slot, Platinum in the other and go to the Pal Park to transfer without trading?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently this is old news I never caught on to, so how then will we trade Diamond to Platinum with ease? My suggestion? Reduce the time for the trading cut-scene. Dun duh duh duh duh duh duh DUN duh duh duh duh duh duh duh DUUUN duh duh duh duh duh duh duh DUN duh duh duh.......

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Er, has this Dsi function been confirmed? This is the first I've ever heard of it.

Also, if anyone with wifi acess happens to be on at the moment, send me a message.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know any special function between Diamond/ Pearl and Platinum on the DSI

...But since it doesn't have a Gameboy Advance thing, wouldn't it be worse for pokemon? ...Since there are some you can't get unless you have an extra cartridge of Ruby/ Sapphire or FireRed/ LeafGreen in?

Also you can't import into that park place thing...

c3gill

Smash Ace
Er, has this Dsi function been confirmed? This is the first I've ever heard of it.
apparently you can switch DS cards without turning the system off.

so if i put diamond in one slot, platinum in another..... i could just trade with myself. it would take awhile, with all the switching games and whatnot. still nice though.

UncleSam

Smash Master
apparently you can switch DS cards without turning the system off.

so if i put diamond in one slot, platinum in another..... i could just trade with myself. it would take awhile, with all the switching games and whatnot. still nice though.
there aren't 2 DS slots, they'll probably do the same thing as My Pokemon Ranch except for trading, since there is DSi ware...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yesterday I entered an online tourney with Pokemon Platinum. I got 5th out of 32 people becasue everyone except me played with D/P and I only played with my new team "Premier Ball team, (everyone of my Pokemon has a Premier Ball caught with them)".

UncleSam

Smash Master
this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!one!! I'm getting a new one 4 $75
(DSi170)-(reservation25)-(DS lite70)=$75

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
In Diamond and Pearl I have a bunch of Eevee.
In Platinum, the Eevee I was given was male, so I can't breed it, but I want more than one Eevee evolution for my team.
I only have one DS at the moment, and I don't have enough points for Pokemon Ranch. How should I go about giving myself one of my D/P Eevee? Is there a safe way to trade with myself?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokemon Ranch wouldn't solve the problem anyways, you can only use it with one game. (They really need to make a 4th generation Pokemon Box...)

Without owning another DS yourself, the only way to trade to your other game is through another person, either by wireless connection or Wi-Fi.
If you want to, I'd be happy to help you trade over Wi-Fi if you give me both of your games' friend codes and trust me. If you want to, either PM me or just post in the GTS thread.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
For a Female Eevee I just kept soft restarting on Diamond so I could get all eevees.

I might do that this time around to so I can get Umbreon + Glaceon. It's a good pokemon game so far, I restarted since I knew my crappy team couldn't take it. I plan on evolving
even though I won't like it =(

The Pokemon selection is a LOT better than in Diamond/Pearl though. Definetly.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Pokemon Ranch wouldn't solve the problem anyways, you can only use it with one game. (They really need to make a 4th generation Pokemon Box...)

Without owning another DS yourself, the only way to trade to your other game is through another person, either by wireless connection or Wi-Fi.
If you want to, I'd be happy to help you trade over Wi-Fi if you give me both of your games' friend codes and trust me. If you want to, either PM me or just post in the GTS thread.
Thanks for the offer, and I might just do that, but for now I'm not going to worry too much about it. It's too bad that there's no simpler way.

For a Female Eevee I just kept soft restarting on Diamond so I could get all eevees.

I might do that this time around to so I can get Umbreon + Glaceon. It's a good pokemon game so far, I restarted since I knew my crappy team couldn't take it. I plan on evolving
even though I won't like it =(

The Pokemon selection is a LOT better than in Diamond/Pearl though. Definetly.

It's too bad that the game feels so much easier (at least pre-forth gym). I've picked up five pokemon (including eevee) and through thorough exporation alone I've found my entire team above the level of every gym leader I've met.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If anyone wants to trade a few pokemon just let me know. I need to complete a trade evolution myself.

Uh, the whole trade with yourself thing sounds false. Even if you can change carts without turning off the game that wouldn't let you trade with yourself. To bad, that would have been a great idea if it was possible to make it work.

Speaking of eevees the one I picked up from bebe just happened to be a bold female. Too bad I already have a competitive version but it was still cool for a random 'event'.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
is this game worht picking up?

i havent decided if i want to or not

Top Bottom