• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That event was amazing.

Thank you again for the Arceus.

I chose Giratina like Shimazu, for the same reason.

Mewter

Smash Master
The event was so worth it. :)
I chose Giratina as well and went through the event about 4 times "just for the IV's".

The scenes were nice too. :p

M.K

Level 55
Does anybody have a Deoxys? I've never had one and I really want one. One of, or my favorite, legendary Pokemon.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I started SRing for a shiny Ho-oh around noon on Saturday. 13 hours later (Sunday 1am), I caught one. Even though I had an Adamant Synchronizer, it ended up being Timid. Ah well, I'm pretty pleased with that especially since I took a break to play American Mcgee's Alice, make a papercraft for a friend, going out to eat and just general lounging around with them.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Lucky, Firus. xP

I almost never get event Pokemon unless we happen to be going right by GameStop during an errand and they have something going. Parents can't be bothered to go for 45 minutes to get it.
And my AR broke shortly after hacking my Azure Flute. Like you, Firus, nowadays I try to be legit, but event hacking doesn't bug me.
Catching it was way cooler than having it transferred anyways. Is it just me, or does Nintendo never do the in-game events, and just give you the Pokemon itself? ._.
I'm sure those of us who do competitive would prefer the ability to SR their own instead...

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
The events were always an issue for me. As a kid, I lived in Trinidad so no events were available to me. I now live in Canada for university and still I can't go to a store event because there are none in Canada. The Pichu was the first I got since it was a Wi-fi event.

NoA needs to step it up with the events. The mechanics are already in place in the games, all they need to do is have a Wi-fi event where they give out the flute. It sucks that tons of other countries get shafted.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
So who's SRed to catch a shiny before? I'd like to hear how long it took you and for what pokemon you did it for.
I forgot to reply to this. I already mentioned the Ho-oh. In Pearl, I was resetting for a shiny Heatran. I clocked around 30 hours of resetting while watching TV/surfing the web without finding one.

A friend of mine was resetting for a shiny Rayquaza but didn't get one for the entire month he was trying. I'm not sure how many hours that would be in total since he was playing a couple other games at the same time.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I've tried SRing a few times, but my impatience always got the better of me.
Funny how I'm patient enough to attempt competitve breeding, but not that.
Then again, I'm quite unlucky when it comes to shinys. And random IVs. << My Suicune's IVs (didn't SR for good ones, catching it was too annoying as I'm saving my Master Ball) were Terrible with a capital T. ._.
And I've only found one wild shiny in all of my ten years of playing Pokemon, not counting the Red Gyarados.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Anybody know 3 great pokemon to have in a pokethlon?

I seriously need a pokethlon slave and today is dusk stone and rare candy day ^^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to mention, I got my first shiny yesterday.

The bad thing was that its the Gyarados (apparently he appears again if you defeat him. Who knew?) that everybody has :mad:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:mad:

Is it me or is finding Heracross harder than finding a shiny?

I've been headbutting trees for the last hour and he still hasn't decided to show his smug face around here :mad:

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have gotten a total of 5 shineys over my career, A green marill to orange azumaril, a blue numle, a blue spinarak a green tiped pipeler, and red G-dos

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I found a shiny Sneasel in my Gold before I accidentally erased the file. The ironic thing is that it was 100% legit despite all of the GameShark hacking I did in that game.

I randomly found a shiny Bellsprout in one of the number islands in Leaf Green. Now it's a fully EV-trained Victreebel at level 100.

Excluding Red Gyarados and Pikachu-Colored Pichu, that's the extent of the shinies I've found. I have a ton from trades, but I don't count those. Not sure why I worked so hard to get those.

My friend found a shiny Zubat yesterday, though. I hate him.

I tried SRing for a shiny Beldum in Sapphire which was unsuccessful when I decided I wanted to play through it again and got bored of trying to get shiny Beldum.

I have 40 SRs for a shiny starter in HG currently, though I haven't worked on it in a while.

Progress: Beat Sabrina and Misty, and caught Suicune. That thing was just as annoying as Raikou and Entei have been. I still haven't gotten either of those. ._.

rhan

Smash Hero
Red Gara (Pearl), Green Peliperrrrr (Pearl), Black Manetric (Ruby). And once in LG I ran into a Golden Pidgeotto next to Rocket Warehouse.... Eff whirlwind...

I noticed how hard it was to find Hera too. But I just gave up n traded one off my Plat.

rhan

Smash Hero
Arceus' event was pretty epic.

Only things I have to do is catch Kyo, Latias, Rai, and Entei. Oh and beat
Red

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got to suicune, listened to his music for a while, threw ONE pokeball and.....
GOTCHA! Suicune was caught!
You must've gotten zetta lucky.

Then again, I'm thinking the same must've happened for me with Lugia, since it has the same catch rate as the dogs and it only took a single Dusk Ball for me...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Since someone has already posted up thier pokedex update, I should post mine too:

Seen: 270
Obtained: 125

Yup. I've already seen every single Kanto pokemon except for Omanyte, Mewtwo, Mew, Zapdos, and Moltres

I wish I knew where to get a helix fossil :mad:

UberMario

Smash Master
You must've gotten zetta lucky.

Then again, I'm thinking the same must've happened for me with Lugia, since it has the same catch rate as the dogs and it only took a single Dusk Ball for me...
In the original Gold I caught that Snorlax
that blocks the cave
by throwing a pokeball right off the bat.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lucky you man.

Also, all that Suicune took for me to catch it was 1 poke ball... pretty lucky I guess, but I wish I had a couple of master balls for Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Groudon. I'm too lazy to start spamming balls right now

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pokemon Diamond PokeDex: 480 / 482 (Not exact, but I definitely had caught 480)
Pokemon HeartGold PokeDex: 76 / 175 (Explained below)

I'll actually work on the PokeDex once I beat the Elite Four, but man, my Diamond Dex made me feel pretty accomplished.

Also, where does one get Old Amber resurrected into Aerodactyl?

-Terywj

Top Bottom