• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

tko112

Smash Lord
Caught Lugia in a Master Ball.
Didn't close the DS before passing out in a nap.
Woke up two hours later.
DS is still on, and somehow I'm in Azalea Town.
dats kool, but its easier 2 catch Lugia in a quick ball, as well as Mewtwo, i cried in joy when i caught those 2 in mah quick ball

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You ever think of the concept of hiding switches in trash cans? Kind of creepy and disgusting lol.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow the second round of Elite Four was rather pathetic. I had a 69 Feraligatr, 63 Ampharos, and 63 Arcanine and managed to beat them with ease. I only had trouble with Karen's Umbreon because it walled me so hard with Curse and Double Team.

Mewter

Smash Master
I generally find this to be the case for most DS games

The shiny gyarados I got in lake of rage was adamant with 30 IVs in attack :D
Nice!

Good luck with that SR'ing, Writer. :laugh:

How'd you get such high-level Pokemon, Straked?

M.K

Level 55
Got a burgundy DSiXL Today.
Playing Pokemon SoulSilver on my new DSiXL is.....oh my god WIN!
It's like hooking your DS up to a movie theater screen. X_X Amazing.

Also, I'm in Cerulean City. When the Team Rocket grunt
hid between the boyfriend and girlfriend on Nugget Bridge
I lol'd hard.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can anyone explain to me what the legend ribbon is? For some reason my Blastoise has it and I can't remember where or why I got it XD

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Ffffff.
Mukking Red's p****** me off right now. I almost beat him, but the hail killed me.
Why, GF, why add in the hail. ;-;

Edit: Finally beat him. Healspam aplenty. And thank Arceus (-ducks-) that most of Red's mons are male. Attract ftw.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
How can you calculate the ivs without EV training it first?
It's level 45 when you catch it, meaning you can at least be somewhat accurate with it. And as long as you know what the max stat for each IV are at that specific level, you can just keep soft resetting until you get them. And then I figure it's good enough to basically be perfect.

164/148/99/102/157/99 is what a perfect level 45 Adamant Ho-Oh would be without EV investment (factoring in that the highest Special Attack IV you can have is 24). And I believe the worst that any of those IVs could possibly be from that point is 29, and that's good enough for me (although the Speed IV would hopefully be 31, as that's the most important).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nice!

Good luck with that SR'ing, Writer. :laugh:

How'd you get such high-level Pokemon, Straked?
I'm actually underleveled, I already beat the Kanto gyms and lost to Red. He would've been easy if Lapras didn't exist. Both Snorlax AND Lapras combined wall me.

Now I'm grinding, getting everyone to 75. I get outsped by Pikachu and lose Reginald the Feraligatr right off the bat every time, I'm trying the Quick Claw.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yup. You just need to rebattle the Elite Four.
Oh alright then. I want to get my Rampardos from Diamond a million ribbons.

Can you get those "Emotion" ribbons from that lady in Sunyshore in HG/SS?
Please say yes, since I didn't get them all before trading Rampardos over.

-Terywj

Majority

Smash Journeyman
HeartGold, actually.

BTW, I kinda joined the PokeCenter a while earlier in the thread. I changed avatars so you probably don't remember me. Either way, thanks for the welcome.

Mewter

Smash Master
What perfect timing for my brother to drop my DS in the toilet.
Really? That's awful!

Anyways, that was when HGSS was about to come out (page 72). It's amazing how many pages have passed since then in this thread!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's level 45 when you catch it, meaning you can at least be somewhat accurate with it. And as long as you know what the max stat for each IV are at that specific level, you can just keep soft resetting until you get them. And then I figure it's good enough to basically be perfect.

164/148/99/102/157/99 is what a perfect level 45 Adamant Ho-Oh would be without EV investment (factoring in that the highest Special Attack IV you can have is 24). And I believe the worst that any of those IVs could possibly be from that point is 29, and that's good enough for me (although the Speed IV would hopefully be 31, as that's the most important).
Sorry for a post a little late back, but I can relate. I can't even synchronize this Latios, and I'm being semi leniant. So I get 25/24/25/28/24/31 and guess what, it's serious nature. /Dies...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It was the first thing I did. Shame if you ever want Giratina-O you have to pick Giratina, so I did. The cutscene is beautiful. Only regret not Sring that Giratina, but doing it on diamond would be easier I guess...

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Quick question on EV training, how am I supposed to get my pokemon to a high enough level to fight the ones i need to for the EVs I want?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Has anyone here done the Arceus event yet? It's quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've seen on a Nintendo DS thus far. I'm still in shock at the amount of time Game Freak must've put into it. o_o;
I will once I figure out how to add new codes to my AR again. (Sorry, I wasn't going to drive 1 hour - 1 hour and 15 minutes round trip to Toys 'R' Us for a Pokémon.)

Or maybe I'll just borrow my friend's Arceus.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Do it the legit way man. Makes the experience much more rewarding
I'm a big fan of being legit in video games, even to the extent that I won't even play non-original copies of games (be it ROMs or VC games and the like), and event Pokémon is one situation in which I have no qualms about being non-legit. If I had gone to the event, Nintendo would've zapped an Arceus into my game. If I borrow my friend's Arceus, I get an Arceus temporarily zapped into my DS. If I use my AR, I get an Arceus zapped into my game.

I don't see much difference.

Meanwhile, I hacked an Arceus in Diamond and I zapped an Azure Flute into my game and was able to go up to the Hall of Origin and catch my own. That's much more rewarding to me. They never even used that event in D/P/Pt.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Sadly the only Arceus I have is from AR'ing an Azure Flute, so no event for me. D:
I did watch the event on YouTube, though. Holy ****e. That's... possibly the most epic thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon game.
HGSS's cutscenes are simplistic in some (though not this) cases, but awesome. Lugia's was cool too somehow. xD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Really? I'd be glad to take you up on that offer.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I wish I hadn't dumped item-evs into my collcetor Arceus. I need to grow berries, -sigh-...

Top Bottom