• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I never specifically said they were counters, did I? :p
They can come in after a teammate faints and scare Alakazam or Gengar off, as you said.

Starmie is definitely iffy simply because she lacks the power and defenses so she's "outclassed" in this sense by Weavile and Swellow.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never specifically said they were counters, did I? :p
They can come in after a teammate faints and scare Alakazam or Gengar off, as you said.

Starmie is definitely iffy simply because she lacks the power and defenses so she's "outclassed" in this sense by Weavile and Swellow.
Unfortuanatelly for Starmie she fears Gengar's Shadow Ball.
@Terywj: Touché on the counter bit.

@Terywj & Pluvia: So Starmie has a gender now? XD

I've always called it and "it", but given its appearance and smexy shiny, it may as well be feminine. XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Am I the only one excited for Weavile's new ability? Makes it an even better anti-lead Pokemon, IMO.
Has is been tested at all? Will it work if you're holding an item? I think the problem is that Weavile's too frail anyway to make much use of the item, but then again anything over Pressure, haha.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm reading it off of Bulpapedia, where it is called Bad Habit. It states "Whenever the user of Bad Habit makes contact with an opponent or an opponent makes contact with the user, it steals the opponents held item. It will fail if the user is holding an item or if either Pokémon is behind a Substitute."

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Aw man, that's sad :(

Off topic: I carved this, what do you think?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
A Yoshi? You carved a Yoshi on a jack-o-lanturn? That must take some time and skill. I say you sell it on ebay and see how much you get for it. People will buy most anything on ebay. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, its already starting to shrivel though, especially around the second spike

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Probably... ZURUZUKIN HAS DRAGON DANCE AND SWORDS DANCE PLUS THE ABILITY OVERCONFIDENCE, A GOOD TYPING, AND A GOOD DEFENSE STAT! Do you think he'd be good competitivly?

Wrath`

Smash Master
That pumpkin is quite nice, good job Zig.

I dislike most any new fighting type this gen, the are just all really good, from Roopushin to Zuruzukin, and then the ones that got good boosts like Blaziken.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That pumpkin is quite nice, good job Zig.

I dislike most any new fighting type this gen, the are just all really good, from Roopushin to Zuruzukin, and then the ones that got good boosts like Blaziken.
Add the fact that a good handful of them get a boosted Hi Jump Kick, and my goodness, watch their feet of destruction fly! :O

Maybe it's Nintendo's way of making up for their suckage in Gen 1, because surely their buffs and popularity in Gen 4 somehow didn't suffice! XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When you say zig you make me think of that bowser main :p

And I seriously am beyond in love with the zuru's. Its like they were made to be pure gashi fanservice

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No ROM Discussion. Please deal with it via PM. Basically anyone in this thread can help you.
Not going to lie. I almost said, "Hey this new guy kinda sounds like a Mod!" without thinking. And then I woke up. XD

And I seriously am beyond in love with the zuru's. Its like they were made to be pure gashi fanservice
I agree. I have no idea what Gashi is, but I do agree that Zuruzukin is easily one of my favorie Pokemon from Black and White. It's design, base stats, abilities, and FACE are all awesome. Go Zuruzukin~

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I saw Rogue Pit's original message and was going to say "you can import the game."

But Meta-Kirby had edited it before I was ready to respond. XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Confirmed: Encourage gives a 1.3x boost to moves that have a less than 100% chance of a secondary effect when they hit, but prevents that effect from occurring. Also stops Life Orb recoil from occurring for moves that gain the Encourage boost, but still gives the Life Orb boost. Does not apply to moves that have been given the flinch secondary effect by King's Rock.

Hihidaruma and anything else with Encourage suddenly got scarier! XD

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And that makes me happy, because I <3 Feraligatr. :)

I'm still mad at how Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos doesn't get Tail Glow via Dream World or something (and I know the Japanese name is Firefly Light, but Manaphy gets it too!). I give up after this gen.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Also, a minor bit of info, but Heal Bell now heals Pokémon with Soundproof, making it just as good as Aromatherapy. Miltank may see a rise in usage in teams, but that's merely in theory.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
How many useful Pokemon get Soundproof, again?

Haha, yeah...
I'm aware of that, hence why it's minor news, but news nonetheless. For all we know, this may be great for those who like using Exploud, Soundproof Mr. Mime, etc.. Say what you want, but it can matter to some.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can see Mr. Mime doing something in Baton Pass teams...

Maybe.
Speaking of which, Baton Pass no longer passes Mean Look. Whether or not that cripples Mean Look passers remains to be seen.

While I'm at it, Synchronize now passes toxic poison when poisoned by Toxic/Poison Fang.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So pair that alongside an Aqua Jet off of Life Orb boost (no Encourage boost for Aqua Jet unfortunately) and Feraligatr has asserted his own niche over Gyarados.
hows it handle Ice Punch and SE/Rock Slide?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
hows it handle Ice Punch and SE/Rock Slide?
Well, Stone Edge doesn't get a boost from Encourage as the critical hit ratio doesn't count as a secondary effect. Ice Punch and Rock Slide will get boosted: the former may as well be a physical Ice Beam with Encourage. It would've been even better had Feraligatr gotten STAB for it. Still, 97 base Pwr Ice Punch is quite impressive.

@Filipino: Ahaha. True. I guess what I meant to ask is if their use will dwindle, since some can still pass other things. XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Speaking of which, Baton Pass no longer passes Mean Look. Whether or not that cripples Mean Look passers remains to be seen.

While I'm at it, Synchronize now passes toxic poison when poisoned by Toxic/Poison Fang.
1. Smeargle is the only thing that really mean look passes, and it can use Spider Web instead, which traps like always.
2. I believe Syncronize always worked with these moves.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
1. Smeargle is the only thing that really mean look passes, and it can use Spider Web instead, which traps like always.
2. I believe Syncronize always worked with these moves.
Spider Web cannot be passed. Remember, all it is is a Bug-type Mean Look. Also, if I'm correct, didn't Umbreon have the ability to pass Mean Look?

As for Synchronize, no, it never passed toxic poison. If hit with Toxic, or poisoned with Poison Fang, it would only pass normal poison. That's actually been a problem for a while, though not major. I guess Nintendo/Game Freak decided to finally fix that problem, and appropriately so.

Top Bottom