• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Anyway, I don't hold much credence for the opinions of people who want Buneary or Sora in Brawl. But that's an ad hominem attack, so I'll stick to the facts...
Yaayyyz, I have a forum stalker who likes to keep tabs on who I support for a video game:grin:. . . .

Wait! There aren't any real facts, just opinions
Lucario is the most likely 4thgeneration Pokemon to be playable in Brawl.
This part ends right here. Show me some proof please or lets call this opinion. . . Plus, I never said anything about "gens".
I'd appreciate it if you could get your facts straight. While I am pleased that you FINALLY have an answer to this point, (WTH are you talking about?) it's not a very good one. Sure, they were hyping the movie, but it wasn't just the movie. Note how Bonsly, Weavile, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were all promoted heavily, too. Granted, they were all in the movie, but only Munchlax and Weavile had any relevance whatsoever.
I was saying that the movie+merch was made to show off the 4th gen, not that the Merch was made to hype the movie.

The contention is that Lucario has been and continues to be an integral marketing symbol for D/P.
Do you deny it was used for promoting the 4th generation, B/L?
Ummm, IDK about you but when I see Dp on tv now-a-days I see Lucario getting the same treatment as the starters/ Legendaries/ Bysel(sp)/ Chatot/ Mime Jr/ Elect evol/ Rose pokemon evol/ Gallade/ Eevee evols and more. I have yet to see a product in the US where Lucario is the "key pusher" myself. I actually see more Pach stuff now-a-days.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Besides that, he was also the highest rank you could get in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and one of the first 4th gen pokemon revealed. He is also one of the costumes you can unlock in Battle Revolution(of which all the costumes are of popular pokemon). The monster itself is unique despite what others say, not just from his appearance that takes from mythic and Egyptian overtones, but also the fact that it's among the few pokemon that have moves that can almost be considered 'signature moves'. Pikachu has thunder/shock/bolt, Jigglypuff has Sing, Mewtwo has Psychic/Shadow Ball, Squirtle has Withdraw/WaterGun, Ivysaur has Vinewhip, Charizard has Flamethrower, and Lucario has Aura Sphere, a move that feels very 'Lucario-y', there are many pokemon that simply don't have moves that personafy into their character as much. Moves that seemed to be made for that Pokemon. Lucario is the 'Aura Pokemon' after all, a Pokemon that can see the aura of all living things, predict an opponent's thoughts and actions through their aura, and can actually understand human speech and dialogue instead of just commands(these are all Pokedex info, not anime info).
That's good enough of a reason. You are now the Lucario supporter I have the most respect for. I just get tired of seeing things like "Meowth is in a Pokeball so Lucario MUST be playable". I could argue longer, but I'm tired of arguing and will wait to see what ends up happening.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea, I'm tired of people saying Lucario has as much of a chance as the rest of them, that's not true! just like others have mentioned Luari has his unique move (Aura Sphere) which is why i'm hoping to see him playable in brawl

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
sure other pokemon may learn it but I feel "Aura Sphere" has that "Lucario feeling" which makes it like it's his move (i'm not saying it's his) i'm just saying it has a feeling that it's his

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
That's good enough of a reason. You are now the Lucario supporter I have the most respect for.
Thank you. :)

I'd also like to thank pineappleupsetshark for sticking up and taking care of my argument for me. You handled it quite expertly. :) Right now, we've already given so much evidence for our stance, if people aren't satisfied with it, then there's nothing more we can do.

sure other pokemon may learn it but I feel "Aura Sphere" has that "Lucario feeling" which makes it like it's his move (i'm not saying it's his) i'm just saying it has a feeling that it's his
Correct, and that is the difference between a unique move and a signature move. Other monster can learn Aura Sphere, but doesn't feel as special on those other monsters as it does on Lucario, the Aura Pokemon. It's like a Rhydon with Flamethrower. That's not signature at all.

Funkah, even in OTHER Pokemon threads Lucario is still on top.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Ummm, IDK about you but when I see Dp on tv now-a-days I see Lucario getting the same treatment as the starters/ Legendaries/ Bysel(sp)/ Chatot/ Mime Jr/ Elect evol/ Rose pokemon evol/ Gallade/ Eevee evols and more. I have yet to see a product in the US where Lucario is the "key pusher" myself. I actually see more Pach stuff now-a-days.
Now is irrelevant. Six months ago is relevant, because they might still have been finalizing the roster then. Lucario's merchandising importance then is the main influencing factor.
Pachi would be awesome, though, but I still think you're being a tad ridiculous on the Lucario issue.
This part ends right here. Show me some proof please or lets call this opinion. . . Plus, I never said anything about "gens".
Among the most popular new Pokemon, is one of the most suggested for Brawl by all SSB and Pokemon fans (unscientific study I did, using this board, and Serebiiforums), had its own movie despite not being a legendary, is probably the most recognizable 4th gen. (your friends and relatives don't count as a source of information on that front).
Yaayyyz, I have a forum stalker who likes to keep tabs on who I support for a video game. . . .
Uh, no, I was catching up on this thread after my extended absence, and stumbled across your opinion of which Pokemon should be in Brawl. And the Sora thing was to mock
Andrew14j. :grin:
I'd also like to thank pineappleupsetshark for sticking up and taking care of my argument for me. You handled it quite expertly. Right now, we've already given so much evidence for our stance, if people aren't satisfied with it, then there's nothing more we can do.
The depressing bit is that the reason for my support for Lucario rests on the fact that I own a Lucario plushie. :urg:

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I would say Hitmon___ or Cubone/Marowak. Both are my favorite Pokemon, and I could seen in the game. Though I do hope there aren't more than 3 Pokemon (PKMN Trainer not counted) in the game, and they use spots for better suited fighters.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
wut does it matter anyway seeing as how they say that brawl is goin to play a lot slower that melee but i guess it ok if ppl like a new game seing as how Melee is like 6 yrs old now

but like most ppl are sayin lucraio and blaziken should be on there thy are the best suited for the game anyway

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I did have a view on some good Poke Ball Pokemon to use.

Zangoose

Zangoose uses Crush Claw to damage your opponents. The attack also weakens the opponents' shield, making it easier for you to break through it.

Seviper

Seviper uses Poison Fang to damage your opponents. When bitten, players will be poisoned, and will take 1% damage per second from the poison. The poison lasts for 15 seconds.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Now is irrelevant. Six months ago is relevant, because they might still have been finalizing the roster then. Lucario's merchandising importance then is the main influencing factor.
Pachi would be awesome, though, but I still think you're being a tad ridiculous on the Lucario issue.
Well, seeing as DP only came out in the US (you where asking me something about Lucario merch and you stated that he " continues" to be a key promoter of DP which I stated that I have yet to see him as the "key" promoter ever sense it came out here) thats the time span to which I used to see just how key he still is. Sure, he and a select few where used to promote DP 2 years ago (Munch was more like 3 years ago). One could say that because of being one of the promational figures from 2 years ago for DP's early promotions that he could have been selected at that time...but we don't know when they chose to finnalize the roster. They did have that poll one year ago and Sakurai did say he was still taking suggestions at that time so I don't think that we can say just when everything was put in-stone (Plus, theres the fact Sakurai could change his mind or that we have no idea IF Sakurai even wants to have a 4th gen character or that if he wants one that he wouldn't choose the one that stars in the latest movie around brawl's release or that he wouldn't just take Pachi and make him the new Luigia to Pika's Mario like Pichu)

Really, theres alot of "ifs/ors" in that and I hope you understand better about where I stand on this "Lucario=DP promotion=Lucario in brawl" stuff.

Among the most popular new Pokemon, is one of the most suggested for Brawl by all SSB and Pokemon fans (unscientific study I did, using this board, and Serebiiforums),
Well I will stop to say that 2 sites really are not too great of a demography to base such things on (Sure, it's un-scientific. . .but it shouldn't be used as a reason). Serebii.net seems to be known for it's Lucario fans on other poke sites I go to (Bulbagarden being one) that aint hot on him and "officially" only 661 people want Lucario here. . . and the "here and now" probly means nothing seeing as his fate was most likely sealed before the poll came up (bout 9 months ago). He was only 2nd on the last poll which had Blaze in first place.
had its own movie despite not being a legendary, is probably the most recognizable 4th gen. (your friends and relatives don't count as a source of information on that front).
Well, according to the Pokemon Anime folks he "co-starred" in the 8th movie with Mew which aint too outstanding.
Plus, I truely would have to say that mostly all 4th gen pokemon are not very "recognizable" because of the decline in Poke-fever here. If a pokemon of this gen is to be "recognizable" they would have to had either appeared in the TV show many times (be apart of the main character's party) or be very close in appearance to a 1st gen pokemon which is why I would say that Pachi is most likely one of the easies pokemon to recognize in this gen. (Anyone who knows who Pika is is going to assume that Pachi is some kind of Pika. The cheeks are a dead give away;).).

If your not into pokemon or don't follow the series than you probly don't know who Lucario is along with most of the other 4th genners.

Uh, no, I was catching up on this thread after my extended absence, and stumbled across your opinion of which Pokemon should be in Brawl. And the Sora thing was to mock
Andrew14j. :grin:
Oh, sorry, there was some guy who kept asking me about post I posted over a year ago and made some huge arguement over it and I didn't know if that was you or not.
The depressing bit is that the reason for my support for Lucario rests on the fact that I own a Lucario plushie. :urg:
Ha, thats no better than my support of Blaze (she was the star of my RS team. . . thats all).

But this was a interesting debate and I actually enjoyed the fact that your not a rabid Lucario fan-boy (like the ones that use any lil appearance by Lucario to justify the claims that it's the most likey pokemon out of all 500/ important enuff to out rank any pokemon as if it's some "god's gift to Pokemon". One of them used the fact that Lucario, a one-of pokemon in the DP games, was 14th on the pokemon wifi trading net (all the most wanted on there are hard to get/ rare pokemon) as "proof" it's popular in Japan and should be in. . .).

You seem to be one of the better ones like Kaid (most of this Lucario stuff is just a joke to him anyway). Atleast we debated and you didn't just post a reply full of BS and stop after a fan-boy said "win" like someone else:p.

Just wanted to say that the only reason Im debating about this is because of the pure arrogance of Lucario fans now-a-days. There seems to be way too many people using Lucario as the end-all-stomper of any pokemon suggestion which is funny seeing as it stops allot of people from daring to sugguest a pokemon other than he in the first place.

By no means am I saying Lucario aint a "likely pick" nor am I saying it will never be more than a pokeball. Im simply saying that by no stretch of the imagination where the 7-10 pokemon people deemed "likely" HERE the only possible choices for pokemon and that the thing doesn't have anything that makes it a sheo-in like Diddy/ Ike so Lucario fan-boys need to hold off the sparklers for the party (and pitch forks for other pokemon sugguestions) til the thing is confirmed.

I hope for this to be the end of this debate cause E 4 all actually HAS news on the game we are debating about and that calls for more attention than this on my front atleast.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
would say Hitmon___ or Cubone/Marowak. Both are my favorite Pokemon, and I could seen in the game. Though I do hope there aren't more than 3 Pokemon (PKMN Trainer not counted) in the game, and they use spots for better suited fighters.
Cubone appears on the stadium stage doesn't it?

Has anyone seen a Blastoise or other in the game so far? If any of the other starter evolutions appear then it does give Blaziken an extra nudge in his favor, seeing as Torchic has already appeared..

metalx42

Smash Rookie
pichu / plusle minun bros most likely as they are verry similar to pichu although lucario and eevee stand a fair chance

Black/Light

Smash Master
Serebii over at the Serebii.net in one of the chatrooms has confirmed that there is at least 1 more new Pokemon rep and 1 more old 1 to be revealed on the site. I don't know if they are just regulars, or secrets, so yeah. You can trust him though, he has contacts. He was one of the first people to reveal a lot DP details when the game was coming out.
Oh yea, don't trust this guy. Noone over at serebii says serebii knowns anything more than us about brawl. If theres anyplace his leaked info would run rabid it would be his own site so if they don't know it than this guy is lieing..

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Serebii over at the Serebii.net in one of the chatrooms has confirmed that there is at least 1 more new Pokemon rep and 1 more old 1 to be revealed on the site. I don't know if they are just regulars, or secrets, so yeah. You can trust him though, he has contacts. He was one of the first people to reveal a lot DP details when the game was coming out.
not including Jigglypuff and Mewtwo?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Not sure if this is new news or not.. but my friend went to E for All and he texted me saying that Latios is a Pokéball Pokémon.

You can ask him yourself if you don't believe me. He is on this forum as Polaris Junkie.

This probably meas that Latias is in a Pokéball as well..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This Pokemon may do well in a Poke Ball. With a nasty urge to fight, I can see it being of some sort of assistance.

Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt uses Guillotine on your opponents. The attack is quite powerful, and it even breaks through shields.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Not sure if this is new news or not.. but my friend went to E for All and he texted me saying that Latios is a Pokéball Pokémon.

You can ask him yourself if you don't believe me. He is on this forum as Polaris Junkie.

This probably meas that Latias is in a Pokéball as well..
Coolness. Those two are awesome. :)

This Pokemon may do well in a Poke Ball. With a nasty urge to fight, I can see it being of some sort of assistance.

Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt uses Guillotine on your opponents. The attack is quite powerful, and it even breaks through shields.
Guillotine should ALWAYS OHKO unless you shield, and if you do, your shield breaks. So that this isn't too broken, Crawduant won't move, so you have to knock your oppnent into him.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Dialga could appear, and use Roar of Time, a giant and super-powerful shockwave of energy.

Palkia could appear, fly into the background and use Spacial Rend, which is blades of energy in sets of 3, several times.

Giratina does Shadow Force, which is a stronger version of the Porygon line's Extremespeed. Maybe he can appear from the background or something...

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Has Lucario been confirmed as a PokeBall Pokemon?

Not from what I've heard.

---------------------------------------------End response.

Although I'm ok, with Lucario getting in I REALLY don't want him to be a Playable character. Nothing against him, just so many sights act like he is the next shoe in. I'd rather see, Gengar, or a Third Pokemon Gen. Rep myself.

And I hope Mewtwo makes a come back, he needs to be upgraded due to the horridness of him in Melee. I mean seriously Shadow Ball back when Shadow Ball was a physical attack? [G/S/C era/R/S/E era.]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another set of Poke Ball Pokemon possibilities.

Aggron

Aggron uses Double-edge, inflicting damage to opponents.

Shuckle

Shuckle uses Gastro Acid, leaving a slippery spot on the battlefield. It's mainly here for show though.

Carnivine

Carnivine attacks opponents with Power Whip. The move does decent damage.

Abomasnow

Abomasnow creates a Blizzard, which will damage opponents. The move may also freeze the opponents along the way.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
I vote Meowth even though Sakurai made him into a lousy assist.

I wont accept any other Pokemon newcomers but Lucario now.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
As far as I can tell the Pokéball Pokémon are as follows (so Far)
Chikorita
Groudon
Deoxys
Goldeen
Munchlax
Piplup
Kyogre
Latios
Latias
Bonsly
Electrode
Gardevior
Meowth
Torchic
Snorlax
Starmie/Staryu
(did I miss any?)

Most likely Turtwig, Chimchar, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Mudkip, Rayquaza, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and others from Melee are Pokéball Pokémon as well.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
How About there is another Pokemon trainer, like a rival. That way we could include three more pokemon without overwhelming it.
No.

As far as I can tell the Pokéball Pokémon are as follows (so Far)
Chikorita
Groudon
Deoxys
Goldeen
Munchlax
Piplup
Kyogre
Latios
Latias
Bonsly
Electrode
Gardevior
Meowth
Torchic
Snorlax
Starmie/Staryu
(did I miss any?)

Most likely Turtwig, Chimchar, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Mudkip, Rayquaza, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and others from Melee are Pokéball Pokémon as well.
What vid was Bonsly in? (If he was in one...)

Lucario currently has 666 votes... evil :D
Lucario = Anti-Christ???

Top Bottom