• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

WaddleDee

Smash Rookie
The middle of nowhere, behind that dust-cloud.
Quit bitching about who will and who won't be in Brawl. None of us actually knows, and none of us even knows the chances, despite what they may seem like.

All we know is that Pikachu is in there, and well, any other Poke'mon that are added could be added, could be added at random. If I recall, none of us are telepathically connected to Sakurai's mind.

Mewtwomaster wins. <3

I

i8waffles612

Yea i choose for Charizard. I dont know why, but when i was little he was like my favorite pokemon. lol. well i wouldnt like to see pichu in it cause he is a clone of picachu. and i think both picachu and jigglypuff should be in SSBB because they were in both other games

Wrath`

Smash Master
Lucario is likely, but Blaze and Deoxys are past their prime. Blaze is just a temporary fad, and to mention he's not an all together godly pokemon. Also, even though you may say that his attacks are original, a lot of them sound they could also be captain falcon clone moves. Sky uppercut = falcon dive, flame kick (or whatever it's called) = falcon kick, and fire punch = falcon punch. it would be harder to create an original moveset when all his isgnature moves have already been taken by a longstanding character in SSB. Deoxys seems more like a pokeball character to me with all of it's forms. I could see them being implemented into his attacks though, just not like Zelda/Sheik transformation. Scyther and Marrowak for the win!!
Can we stop thinking inside the box by saying Blaze=C falcon clone.And even if they are not at there prime,sakuraz will still concder them.Besides we dont know when he started production,so blaze/deoxys could have been pop. at that time.

And lucario is a movie based fad,in a year lucario wont br popular.Kinda like m2

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can you guys stop spamming this topic? The last five posts were pointless. It kind of reminds me of little kids fighting over something small without using reason that supports their arguement.

And lucario is a movie based fad,in a year lucario wont br popular.Kinda like m2
Mewtwo is still quite popular among fans, though not as much as when it first appeared in the movie and games. A lot of people still use him in the competitive uber games (as in Pokemon, not SSBM), and he is still feared when good players use him. True there are more pokemon that challenges his power (especially Arceus who has the highest combined base stats), but he is not the least popular pokemon. Plus if Mewtwo wasn't popular, he wouldn't have been in SSBM since it came out long after the movie was released.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
^ There's a familiar face, good to see you here, J-N.

Anyways, on topic. Mewtwo was in SSBM, and he was not awfully long before then in a movie, so I think the same will happen with Lucario (or at least, I hope), stars in a Pokémon movie, then not a very long time after, Super Smash Bros. Brawl gets released.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I was looking at the posts asking for "xxx" pkmn (such as Gengar, Tiranytar, Dragonite, Blaziken, Scizor, etc.), but, they really have chances?

Wich pkmn is the same in importance as Mewtwo, Pikachu or jigglypuff?

If we think, it is like this:

-Pikachu is in Smash 'cause he's main in the cartoon, and "supposedly", the favorite of all.

-Pichu is the pre-evolved form of pikachu, and he was quite popular then (also he appeared in a short movie).

-Jigglypuff appeared in a lot of episodes, and his singing parts slowly became a trademark of the series.

-Mewtwo, the most powerful pokemon back then, is in the first pkmn movie as main and that movie was one of the most, if not the most, viewed of all.

So, we have to think in more valuable reasons of why a pkmn should be in. Do we?...

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I know this has been brought up before but, who's with me on the fact that most of the later generation pokemon (3rd generation especially) lost most of the whimsical charm of the original series? Blaziken looks too bizarre for me. In fact, what's kept me from buying any of the newer games is because the three main new guys look weird to me, and if I can't get behind my main like I could for all three in RBY and Cyndaquil in GSC, YEOWCH.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Jigglypuff (the one with a microphone) was a recurring character until near the end of Johto. It never appeared after that. That lowers the chances of it returning. It still has a pretty high chance because it had been in the Smash Bros. Series since the first one.

I think Lucario has a higher chance than Blaziken. Still, I can't be too sure. I can't read Sakurai's mind.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry...but WHERE is Raichu?! (well...there's a lot of work to put in for him not to be a pika-clone)

And Charmeleon? Does anyone remember there guys?!

I hate the newer Pokemon of the series, I really do. I believe the line was drawn with "Miltank". What was wrong with that thing?

colejordan123

Smash Rookie
Well, 3rd gen are pretty good, imo. 2nd and 4th gen are less desirable.

If we go by anime appearances, then there will be no further pokemon in SSBB, well, maybe Lucario, but I stand by Dragonite.

Top Bottom