• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
master sheik you have a creepy sig. it looks like sum character out of that stupid inuyasha show.
LMAO! Dude, are you serious. That my friend is my alter ego, Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. Secondly, Inuyasha isn't stupid, it's just complicated. If anyone can sit through 6 episodes of DBZ to watch one freaking fight scene, I think we can handlle 2 for a decent story line. Lastly, ....yeah, she is pretty creepy, that's why I love her, lol.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Any show that requires too much thinking isn't worth the effort in my mind
No...we wouldn't want anime fans to be...dare I say, intellectual, that would be absurd! Mindless violence with no plot is always the way 2 go! :laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriusly guys, I know there aint much to talk about, but please do stay on topic, last thing we need is an inuyasha debate...

Deoxys ftw!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Seriusly guys, I know there aint much to talk about, but please do stay on topic, last thing we need is an inuyasha debate...

Deoxys ftw!
Simply correcting him on my signature. At any rate, I concur...Deoxys ftw! (And don't forget about Jigglypuff too!):)

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Deoxys, but I think his speed form look kinda ********

PS: Woot 600th post
Congrats on the 600!!

I was just thinking about the different forms of Deoxys! I was checking out some of the ideas on the official thread and I'm kind of confused as how each form would work. It's as if each form plays like an entirely different character...if people were pissed about Zelda/Sheik, how in the world are they going to handly 4 transformations?!?!?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Deoxys ftw!
Wow, Deoxys was who I voted for, as well!

But I only voted him since Munchlax wasn't on the poll. Munchlax rocks.

I heard many people would think Deoxys would make a good replacement for Mewtwo; what do you guys think?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say both mew2 and deoxys should stay...
Mewtwo just needs more speed, power, weight and less lag...

Deoxys is unique, being the only pkmn with multiple forms, these forms can be part of the animation of deoxys, not to mention deoxys can use his tentacles and transform them into arms... the possibilities are endless...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Deoxys is not the only Pokemon to change to multiple forms. Castform changes forms in weather :p. There's also another 4th generation one that changes forms during sunny day.

IMO, Deoxys seems more like a Pokeball Pokemon than a playable Pokemon. It would be unbalanced if he could change to four different forms, and only changing forms for an attack animation seems boring since it will only appear for a few seconds before disappearing. As a Pokeball character, he could stay in his original form or transform into another one. He would stay in that form for the duration of the time he is out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yae my 100th post! Woot!

All 4 Pokemon should stay (though Pichu ha 1 foot out the door), and Deoxys needs to be added. Charizard would be a greaat pokeball pokemon to be interactive (ex: chasing enemies while flying with flamethrower much like scizor's metal claw attack). Gengar would be a neat addition, but I'd have to know how Gengar would work and play.

Same, but to a lesser extent with Deoxys, though if he is in SSBB, I'd have to know if it had the transformation or not. If it didn't, o well. If it does, it can't be overpowered, speedy, or defence. It should have the near perfect balance of Zelda/Shiek where one is needed in one situation, with another needed in another situation. Although it only has 4 forms (including normal), I'd say any more (5+) transformations/forms would be flat out confusing!

Blazekein I don't see, but maybe another fighting Pokemon, though I am curious how he would work (control scheme, anyone?). Lucario I don't see even less, though it's basically the same as how I feel about Blazekein, though I am much more familiar with Blazekein! I am heavily curious how all of these Pokemon would play, and be handled!

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Yae my 100th post! Woot!

All 4 Pokemon should stay (though Pichu ha 1 foot out the door), and Deoxys needs to be added. Charizard would be a greaat pokeball pokemon to be interactive (ex: chasing enemies while flying with flamethrower much like scizor's metal claw attack). Gengar would be a neat addition, but I'd have to know how Gengar would work and play.

Same, but to a lesser extent with Deoxys, though if he is in SSBB, I'd have to know if it had the transformation or not. If it didn't, o well. If it does, it can't be overpowered, speedy, or defence. It should have the near perfect balance of Zelda/Shiek where one is needed in one situation, with another needed in another situation. Although it only has 4 forms (including normal), I'd say any more (5+) transformations/forms would be flat out confusing!

Blazekein I don't see, but maybe another fighting Pokemon, though I am curious how he would work (control scheme, anyone?). Lucario I don't see even less, though it's basically the same as how I feel about Blazekein, though I am much more familiar with Blazekein! I am heavily curious how all of these Pokemon would play, and be handled!
Gengar would have a combination of physical punches and kicks, ghost and phychic techniques (Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, etc and maybe some poison attacks like sludge bomb), and many tounge related attacks, seeing as how he has that big long tounge and all.

Deoxys is not the only Pokemon to change to multiple forms. Castform changes forms in weather :p. There's also another 4th generation one that changes forms during sunny day.

IMO, Deoxys seems more like a Pokeball Pokemon than a playable Pokemon. It would be unbalanced if he could change to four different forms, and only changing forms for an attack animation seems boring since it will only appear for a few seconds before disappearing. As a Pokeball character, he could stay in his original form or transform into another one. He would stay in that form for the duration of the time he is out.
^^^Don't forget Burmy, who changes form depending on where he battles, or Ditto and Mew who both know transform.

Batiodon

Smash Rookie
I want Meowth, Deoxys, Regigigas and Lucario. Leave it at that. Maybe boot Pichu out.

Meowth would be funny ot watch. Slashing and Blade Testing your opponent would be fun.

Deoxys has Psycho boost which would stay the same throughout the four forms.

Regigigas has a variety of Punching/Stomping/Headbutting attacks. he'd be a formidable melee-fighter

Lucario could mix long-range fighting with close-range. Pulse Bomb, Bone Rush and Extremespeed springe to mind as goo attacks. And maybe Force Exert

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i just wanna see pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, lucario and blaziken . that way u have a representative of evry generation except the second. but they could find sumbody better than pichu.

zuki

Smash Cadet
i would like 2 see espeon or vaporeon but i think cubone/ marawok would be the easyest to make work on the stage being bipedals and all i dont think my dream of the eevees would work.:(

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Lucario for me, by a mile. He has the potential to wield both fireball/charging fireball moves and potent kung-fu AKSHUN to make for a truly devastating opponent. Seriously, for anyone who didn't know, his Japanese pokemon title is Hadou Master. That essentially means the little guy freaking throws HADOKENS. Not to mention in his movie (love it or hate it,) he pulls off some incredibly sweet ninja moves. It doesn't get much better than that. Thanks to his recent popularity, his self-explanatory moveset, and I'd bet a push from the Nintendo higher-ups to help market their newest wave of Pokeymans, he seems more likely than anything.

I also understand Blaziken could be a proficient fighter, and it would be very interesting to see a more kick-based combatant, and I agree that it would be nice to have some heavyweight Pokemon contenders in the ring this time! Aggron, anyone?

Why if everyone voting for Lucario? Little is known about him but people rather pick him.

Very much is known about dragonite! pick him!!!
Lucario's actually already got a movie out, and he's been an acquirable character in Diamond and Pearl in Japan for months, so information on him is pretty abundant. The low-down is that he's a master of wave-form (AKA hadou AKA energy AKA chi WTFever you think people use to throw energy balls,) and martial arts.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lucario is the coolest shinobi ever! Believe it!

P.S: I love the ninja run. It's madd chill!

@ Buddy, I think it's called "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew."

agent_918

Smash Cadet
I want Blaziken, but it won't happen. If any were added as playable characters, it would be one of the new ones from diamond or pearl.

Top Bottom