• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
And that movie already had a spot in SSBM in Event 58 despite Pichu Bros. appearing later in animé and spin-off games. No need for a dual version of the same character; replace Pichu with Plusle & Minun instead.

Or if you want a single character replacement, then introduce Pachirisu.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
@ johans nidorino THERE ARE ONLY 51 EVENTS!!!!!

@ john knight at the most the will probably like 5 pokemon because now they hav 4-pichu= 3 + most likely 2=5. this is just a guess though. they wil either add 2 or 3. nowun wants to much pokiman :p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
And that movie already had a spot in SSBM in Event 58 despite Pichu Bros. appearing later in animé and spin-off games. No need for a dual version of the same character; replace Pichu with Plusle & Minun instead.

Or if you want a single character replacement, then introduce Pachirisu.
It's Event Match 48.

I remember seeing that Featurette! That was a nice one; I liked it.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken, though some others would be nice.
Little 4th gen rep.

hehe, Blaziken would be the new CF clone.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I still say either Farfetch'd or Absol. Farfetch'd because he's the coolest pokemon around and he's got a leek he attacks with, or Absol because he's not a humanoid pokemon.

Farrrrfetch'd, far! :083:

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Ok, well here's my opinion on each of those Pokemon:

Lucario
He shouldn't. Aside from being one of, if not the 1st 4th gen on the show, he has no significance. And the show really doesn't have much pull IMO anyway. The 4th gen should have representation, but there's nothing about Lucario that separates him from the rest. Also, as far as I know anyway, he's not hugely popular in Japan or anything.

Blaziken
Choosing just one starter out of 4 generations seems kinda unfair. Plus he's inferior to Charizard in coolness and stats.

Deoxys
He has 4 total forms, he's legendary, and very unique. I would say that gives him a serious chance. At least I hope it does.

Meowth
Meowth is fairly popular, and came out of a Pokeball in SSB. He's also a kinda a Pokemon icon. I think he's got a decent chance

Dragonite
Well, he's tough, but really has no significance over Tyrannitar, Salamence and Metagross (his statistical equals), and he is big and has wings. That doesn't exactly seem balanced.

Charizard
Same as Blaziken, only he's cooler. I say keep him in a Pokeball.

Scizor
He was one of the 1st new steel types, so maybe. I think he should stay in a Pokeball though

Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
If you have one of them, you need all 3 or them, and that seems unlikely.

Cubone / Marowak
I personally like them both, and they are pretty popular, recognizable Pokemon. Maybe

Sandshrew / Sandslash
Same deal as Cubone, but I give them a lesser chance

Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun
Plusle and Minun maybe, but they are just Pika clones.

Eevee and evolutions
Eevee plus 7 (IIRC) evolutions? I don't see that as being logical within a single character, and haveing all of them puts 8 new Pokemon in. I can't see it

Gengar
Final form of the 1st (and at the time, only) ghost Pokemon. That means something, but not enough for SSBB.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Lucario
He shouldn't. Aside from being one of, if not the 1st 4th gen on the show, he has no significance. And the show really doesn't have much pull IMO anyway. The 4th gen should have representation, but there's nothing about Lucario that separates him from the rest. Also, as far as I know anyway, he's not hugely popular in Japan or anything.
Well, Lucario is a fighting pokemon where he could do mega kicks, punches, etc. and Brawl is fighting, lucario is fighting..... :ohwell:

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
But whether or not a character gets into SSB has more to do than just their role in the game. They need to have some sort of significance that puts them ahead of the rest. Pikachu is the Pokemon icon, Pichu is one of the pre forms introduced in GSC, and he is the pre form to the Pokemon icon. Jiggs is another icon. Mewtwo was the super Pokemon of the 1st gen, and even though it doesn't mean a whole lot, he had like 2 of his own movies. Statwise he has yet to be topped until Aruseus in the 4th gen.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
I accsept him,but i dont like him that much

I like the way you spell 'accept'. It's pretty cool. But yeah, how can you not like a character but still accept them? It must mean you kind of like something atleats a little if you have a banner of them on your sig.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
no lucario hes too new we dont even know if he is going to be a cool pokemon. and another thing why isnt centile a choice
Big chance he's cool, look at his type; Steel Fighting. But you're right we don't know it.

Batiodon

Smash Rookie
Meowth is the funniest member of the cast in the Pokemon TV series and he's just as big as Pikachu and Blaziken. Not as strong it's true but why should we throw the gates open to just the strongest fighters? And don't tell e it's because they "deserve" it.

Also, I like Regigigas and if he ever appeared in BRAWL - I'd pass out. We nee another Legendary to rival mewtwo, if not then Lucario at the least.

As for Deoxys, i see him swithing between forms for his faviour attacks. That's be SO COOL. Attacking with Extremespeed and then switching to Defence mode for a Barrier... it goes on. One form for each B-Move, right?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Charzard is cool,but to me has the same problems as draggy faces.Out of all starters of fire,I like typlosion the best.But the oe i think has the best chance is blaziken.

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
Are you truly for charzarid?You have a chuckle after it in your sig.Meaning you lagh at the idea
I can see you prefer a lucario and blaziken, but thing that...

Lucario ok is posible because no have pokemon equal there... but blaziken is fightnig...
in smash half caracter are fighting.
So i vote for charizard. because hi is diferent caracter. of course he have wing. that is great in brawl. will are only caracter with wing there... jajaja. thing the posibilite.

Other... charizard is a pokemon with very strong in the last generation.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Uhhhh baumat27?You said blaze has little chance because it's half fighting,Did ya' know that louie over there is fighting to?

Batiodon

Smash Rookie
I already mentioned Regigigas!

Anyways, maybe we should try thinking of Pokemon that aren;t Fighting type? As long as they aren't Wobbuffet they're all good. They just need arms, legs and an ability to jump, and a means of attacking

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wartortle...? This is really getting out the hand. -_-

Top Bottom