• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Anime & Manga Discussion

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
dude you havent seen epic till youve seen ash vs gary

i watched the paul vs ash battle and well... it made me happy to see ash accually doing something cool for once but he's stupid... all the moves were repeditive pauls ugly face makes me feel ******** electabuzz was squished looking and yeah...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, I don't really watch the anime but I sort of follow it, and from all that I've seen, Paul is largely an *** and we see a whole lot more cruelty and apathy towards his Pokemon than we ever do from Silver.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I liked Paul simply because he's one of the first "serious" characters the show has had in a long time. I like how he simply abandoned pokemon if he didn't think they were strong enough and I like how they tied this to the more serious subject of abandonment issues with the whole story behind Chimchar.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, he's a nice contrast to...every other character. Same with Hunter J, but I guess she's gone now. And at least Chimchar/Infernape got to steal the show at the end. :bee:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fatmanonice

Read username as "FatMence"

I need to go to like a discipline center to stop seeing everything as Pokemon names/set names.

UberMario

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-pmMU7_ug&feature=player_embedded

Wow. They've even changed Ash's artstyle in this generation, now he has "regular" eyes with visibly brown irises . . . . I actually like this design of him better than the way they designed him in Gen I (which was my previous favorite).

It looks like a lot of the attacks, such as Pikachu's Volt Tackle and Iron Tail, will also be getting new effects in the next season aswell.

[collapse=Comparison of each generation]
[/collapse]

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I like that new animation for Pikachu's Iron Tail. Looks neat.

Also, Dento has that tree monkey. So he's pretty much confirmed as a Grass-type leader if he is?

Also, Tsutaja looks so boss in the anime.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Also, Dento has that tree monkey. So he's pretty much confirmed as a Grass-type leader if he is?
I seem to recall them saying that the new gym leaders aren't all going to be mono-type. So...maybe not. <.<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I seem to recall them saying that the new gym leaders aren't all going to be mono-type. So...maybe not. <.<
There's you're problem.

Some will, some won't from what I recall. Dento is just one of those "wills"

'

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Ash looks...weird.

Animations look <3

Recent battle with the legendary f*ggot trainer = FAIL.

Seriously, that entire battle must be a troll battle. IT MUST. Darkrai AND Latios? Jesus, what the HELL.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Recent battle with the legendary f*ggot trainer = FAIL.

Seriously, that entire battle must be a troll battle. IT MUST. Darkrai AND Latios? Jesus, what the HELL.
Yeah, they pretty much just wanted Ash to lose quickly. Freakin' Darkrai took Heracross's Megahorn and didn't look phased. But it was a good effort by Ash.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I wonder what his other 4 pokemon were. I guess they would also be other legendaries. They can't be pokemon that which are unique and only have 1 in the wild(so that rules out pokemon like Arceus (lol) and Mewtwo).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The anime confuses me so badly.

They try to make it look like there's only one of a lot of legends, but then there's multiple a graaaaaaarg my head hurts.

I know that the Latis and Lugia have been shown to have multiples, but how, why, and any logic of it is not answered.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's Pokemon, they ain't gotta explain ****.

3rd Pokemon was probably Latias. I really wish they stop portraying some of the legends as ****ing unstoppable.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Haha, I came in here to complain about the anime so I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who thought the most recent episode was utter bull****.

All that time spent training and the "finale" essentially amounts to watching Ash get his *** kicked by two legendary pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
Welp, not like this is a surprise to anyone, but it's pretty clear that
Ash catches a Mamepato.

SPOILERS:

In another video,
a Pokeball thrown by Ash is seen hitting a fainted Mamepato
beneath a tree.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Whenever Ash sees a legendary in the anime, I always think hes going to have some sort of flashback to when he originally saw them. Usually though, they'll just act as if they've never seen one before (eg. Darkrai).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Just like how, in each new region, Ash experiences near amnesia about everything he used to do in the region before. You'd think he'd mesh it all into some coagulation, but I guess the writers are brain-dead. Probably some other ulterior thing or whatever.

Is anyone else... perplexed (lawl) at Ash's eyes? It seems so...

alien.

M.K

Level 55
PowerBomb, are you saying that Electric-type moves are ineffective on Ground-type Moves?
Huh, you learn something new every day generation.

But yeah, I actually....really like the look of Isshu. Sinnoh was so...boring looking, at least Isshu seems more mountain-y and plain-y.
Except Iris looks like a dirty rug covered in mud.

Just like how, in each new region, Ash experiences near amnesia about everything he used to do in the region before. You'd think he'd mesh it all into some coagulation, but I guess the writers are brain-dead. Probably some other ulterior thing or whatever.

Is anyone else... perplexed (lawl) at Ash's eyes? It seems so...

alien.

Iunno, they look fine to me :/

§leepy God

Smash Master
I love how Ash got ***** so hard after winning against Paul in the Sinnoh league
, makes me dislike the Pokemon anime even more. I was hoping that Pokemon would make a series based off the Pokemon Specials, but it looks like I was asking for too much. ):

PowerBomb

Smash Master

Iunno, they look fine to me :/
Someone needs to put a DERP on that.

I wonder if Ash has ever herped so much that he derped...

The new attack effects make me wonder what else they changed about the attacks...

There's also a rumor that Best Wishes will be faster-paced than Sinnoh.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
On one hand, Ash lost to two legendary Pokemon.

On the other, Ash took OUT two legendary Pokemon in the same battle.

Considering a brief scene of the final battle in the Suzuran Conference was shown, and it shows Takuto flooring the other guy with just Darkrai, Ash deserves some credit for being the only one in the league to apparently not only take Darkrai down, but to also take out another legendary Pokemon at the last minute. It shows how good he's become.

M.K

Level 55
Jessie and James look ultra cool in their new outfits =)
Giovanni looks like a Full Metal Alchemist general o3o

Top Bottom