• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
UT as in no experience since originally caught. I may be able to get one of those for him actually. I have a good connection with somone on serebii in europe, and I'm pretty good at getting trades done provided it's for something good.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Seriously? Well I also wanted to finish my foreign dex, but it's just too long to look on GTS...I'm never guaranteed to get one if I offer a trade, and if I look, I usually find English or Japanese ones. Then when I do come up with one I would like, they ask for something insane which I don't have. =/

I still need an Italian Ponyta to finish Ponyta's foreign entries. Do you think you can get one for me? I don't really care about stats or anything, and I'm sure I can come up with something reasonable to trade.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Seriously? Well I also wanted to finish my foreign dex, but it's just too long to look on GTS...I'm never guaranteed to get one if I offer a trade, and if I look, I usually find English or Japanese ones. Then when I do come up with one I would like, they ask for something insane which I don't have. =/

I still need an Italian Ponyta to finish Ponyta's foreign entries. Do you think you can get one for me? I don't really care about stats or anything, and I'm sure I can come up with something reasonable to trade.
I'll give it a go man.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
What does UT mean? I'm pretty sure he's looking for a Japanese Jiggs, French Jiggs, and German Jiggs.
UT means "untouched" in the literal sense and yes, I want a Japanese, French, and German Jigglypuff. Too bad Jigglypuff doesn't have entries in the foreign dex. I'm just jiggs obsessed :p :jigglypuff::jigglypuf:039:

EDIT: Also, if anyone's interested, I'm trading Timid(that's a good nature), male Caterpies holding Yellow Scarves on the GTS. Why? Because I'm a fan of WTFP!

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I'll run everything by my contact, and see what I can get done on my end in the meantime. I'm leaving on vacation early tomorrow morning though, and won't be back till Monday the 20th. Hopefully I'll have some good news then though.

Edit: May have a line on the German Jiggly already. Found someone on Serebii helping people with German entries. Sent a PM, and am awaiting a respsonse.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'm SRing for a shiny Regirock. Will I see if it's shiny when it first appears on the screen, or after I here its cry?

Drako Knight

Smash Cadet
I'm looking some starters from gold/silver. I can trade all other starters along with most dragon types.

Edit:
zrky said:
does anyone have a bulbasaur or charmander with good IV's(i don't care what nature)
I can breed both. I don't know about IVs though...

EDIT#2: I'm aslo looking for a shiny Beldam/Dratinti/Mudkip. I dont care if it's ligit or what nature it is or anything. Shiny Beldem over anything else.

EDIT#3: I also need an electilizer (thing that evolves electebuzz).

Overload

Smash Lord
I need a wynaut/wobbofet real fast I will trade nearly anything!
PM ME

EDIT: nvm I got one, and now I don't want to use it anymore LOL

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm SRing for a shiny Regirock. Will I see if it's shiny when it first appears on the screen, or after I here its cry?
Bowser's right, only when you see it in battle. There are no shiny overworld sprites for the Pokemon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My friend was trying to catch Darkrai today (using Walk Through Walls) and I was on the phone guiding him through it (because he didn't know exactly where to go to get to Darkrai). He has a Scizor with False Swipe which he was using for this because...well, False Swipe stops at 1 HP.

However, my friend apparently used False Swipe on Darkrai and it killed him instead of stopping like it's supposed to.

Now, I'm mostly inclined to believe that he thought he used False Swipe and accidentally didn't. But I came here to ask, is there any sort of exception to False Swipe? I didn't think there were exceptions, but according to my friend, there was.

Also, another question; while looking up Magnet Rise on Serebii, I saw that it says that it changes the Pokemon's ability to Levitate. Now, I'm kind of asking the obvious here but would this mean that if, say, a Pokemon had Water Absorb as their ability and then used Magnet Rise, they would lose the ability to absorb water and would instead simply levitate?

Yaya

Smash Champion
What's the best Nature for a Dusknoir? I asked on Yahoo and my answer was Adamant and I find that a load of Bullcrap.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I thin that pokemon can have any nature so as far as I know you have to breed for the nature you want unless your lucky and get it on the first try. but the best nature would be Adamant(-attack, +special attack)

Firus, there are no exceptions for false swipe unless your friend might have either set the OHKO cheat or like you said didn't use false swipe.

Magnet rise only changes the ability for the battle

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
What's the best Nature for a Dusknoir? I asked on Yahoo and my answer was Adamant and I find that a load of Bullcrap.
Impish/Relaxed/Calm/Sassy/Brave. Choose the nature that suits your needs best. One that works well physically defensive, specially defensive, or Trick Room oriented. Also, http://smogon.com/, Yahoo! Answers? Seriously?

@FirustheHedgehog: Magnet rise just has the effects; said pokemon will still absorb water.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Follow-up to Firus's question. How about Worry Seed?

Just a bunch of technical questions:
What does Sketch do in an online battle?

Can you skill swap Wonder Guard?

Can you skill swap a skill throughout the party? For example, you want your Alakazam to have Plus in a double battle to boost its special attack with Minun, but Alakazam doesn't know skill swap. Can you use another pokemon as a medium to get a skill from one pokemon to another, both of which don't know skill swap through a series of using the move and switching out?

Can hidden power be a physical or special move, or is it always special?

Is there any way to get both Dragonbreath and Leech Seed on a Treecko through chain breeding?

Does Serene Grace increase the chance of getting a critical hit on moves like Slash or Spacial Rend?

Edit: Also, does evolving a Pokemon earlier increase its stats in the long run. It's may seem like a stupid question, but I want to make sure.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ilucamy:to your Edit: yes, it usually does except in the maybe three cases where stats are lower in the evoulution, but 99% of the time your better off evolving early

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I thin that pokemon can have any nature so as far as I know you have to breed for the nature you want unless your lucky and get it on the first try. but the best nature would be Adamant(-attack, +special attack)

Firus, there are no exceptions for false swipe unless your friend might have either set the OHKO cheat or like you said didn't use false swipe.

Magnet rise only changes the ability for the battle
@FirustheHedgehog: Magnet rise just has the effects; said pokemon will still absorb water.
I figured as much. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any exceptions.

As for Magnet Rise, I figured it would be only for the battle. What I'm really asking is, can a Pokemon with Water Absorb that has Magnet Rise (I don't think there actually are any, but bear with me) use Magnet Rise right off the bat, do nothing else ability-changing throughout the battle, but still be immune to both Water and Ground attacks? Or will Water Absorb disappear for the duration of the battle?

Is there any way to get both Dragonbreath and Leech Seed on a Treecko through chain breeding?
Hidden Power is always special.

Yes, you should be able to breed both Dragonbreath and Leech Seed on Treecko. Breed one move onto a Treecko and then breed that Treecko with a Pokemon with the other move and it should work.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I think that the ability changes completely for the duration of the battle. Ilucamy, same with worry seed (I think that move is a waste)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think that the ability changes completely for the duration of the battle. Ilucamy, same with worry seed (I think that move is a waste)
Bah, that's annoying.

Worry Seed is the kind of move I don't think I'll ever use, but I can see its use. In double battles, you can use it on your partner if they have something like Truant so they'll be normal, or you can use it on your opponent if they have some great ability like Wonder Guard. It's an ability-neutralizer, basically.

Plus, Insomnia, while not the best ability ever, has its uses. If you're facing a Darkrai a lot of its strategy goes away if you can't be put to sleep. Not that it doesn't have other uses but it has a lot of potential with sleep usage, especially with Dark Void combined with its ability, Dream Eater, and Nightmare. I know from experience--that's a killer.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
@ Firus: But if I want the Treecko to have both moves, the Treecko would need to be the female, making it so that it can't pass on the egg move. And no other pokemon can learn both Dragonbreath and Leech Seed.

I think that Worry Seed was a move made just to screw up people who use Rest...

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Just a bunch of technical questions:
What does Sketch do in an online battle?
Not sure, but I'd assume it works the same. And it would make forming a moveset a lot easier.
Can you skill swap Wonder Guard?
No. I think that's actually the ONE ability you can't use it on according to the move description. =/

Can you skill swap a skill throughout the party? For example, you want your Alakazam to have Plus in a double battle to boost its special attack with Minun, but Alakazam doesn't know skill swap. Can you use another pokemon as a medium to get a skill from one pokemon to another, both of which don't know skill swap through a series of using the move and switching out?
Yeah...but unless you're replacing a really bad nature with a really good one, I don't think all the trouble is worth it. Unless we're talking Flame Orb Slaking + Guts...

Always Special.

No. Only Grass types can learn Leech Seed, and there are no other grass types that can learn Dragonbreath (making a chain impossible). So yeah...that's an illegal moveset even if both moves are in the movepool.

Does Serene Grace increase the chance of getting a critical hit on moves like Slash or Spacial Rend?
I think it does. Not completely sure though. >_>

Edit: Also, does evolving a Pokemon earlier increase its stats in the long run. It's may seem like a stupid question, but I want to make sure.
It doesn't matter when you evolve it. I've tried it out myself. The game simply recalculates stats based on the new base stat and IVs/EVs.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I figured as much. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any exceptions.

As for Magnet Rise, I figured it would be only for the battle. What I'm really asking is, can a Pokemon with Water Absorb that has Magnet Rise (I don't think there actually are any, but bear with me) use Magnet Rise right off the bat, do nothing else ability-changing throughout the battle, but still be immune to both Water and Ground attacks? Or will Water Absorb disappear for the duration of the battle?
During the battle, if a pokemon used magnet rise, said pokemon would still absorb water. A pokemon will be able to levitate and absorb water for 5 turns.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
During the battle, if a pokemon used magnet rise, said pokemon would still absorb water. A pokemon will be able to levitate and absorb water for 5 turns.
Really? Okay, awesome. Thanks.

Wrath`

Smash Master
how do you find out ur friend code?
wow your sig helped me find an old forum friend, I knew firebomb.

Here is my question, can the moves "Grass knot/low kick" wich are dependent on wieght get any more power from a super efective? or is it souly based on wieght?

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
it does as the pokemons weight determines the moves base power. so if you use it on swampert a water/ground pokemon who weighs at 81.9 Kg then the base power will be 80 with the move being 4x effective almost guarantying a OHKO on it not counting if the user has stab on it. so a good sp. atk would help kill most bulky water and other heavy pokemon like tyranitar and hippodawn with one hit.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I desperately need a Chikorita, nothing about it matters. (Can be a Bayleef or Meganium too)

I'll trade anything that I have that's non-legendary (I would give legends, but I gave them away to friends.)

Edit: I also need some of the stat enhancing berries (Mainly Salac) I'm not sure what to offer for this one, but just ask, and if I have it I'll give it to you.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I desperately need a Chikorita, nothing about it matters. (Can be a Bayleef or Meganium too)

I'll trade anything that I have that's non-legendary (I would give legends, but I gave them away to friends.)

Edit: I also need some of the stat enhancing berries (Mainly Salac) I'm not sure what to offer for this one, but just ask, and if I have it I'll give it to you.
I have a chikorita and a salac berry. Got a Jigglypuff?
[please continue through PMs.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom