• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Darkslash

Smash Master
We need another final boss, not the Elite Four and the Champion. That's gotten really old now, and frankly, I don't want to fight the Elite Four anymore. We need a solid story that continues on and on. The story of D/P just ended before you even got the last badge pretty much, when you confront Palkia or Dialga. It just ended. What the hell? I want an epic story, and yes, with TEAM ROCKET and perhaps the return of Giovanni, or even the induction of Blue (Gary) into Team Rocket in which he runs the organization.
what if you could start as part of the evil organization instead of a 10 year old kid
Or how bout you start out as a 14-16 year old that starts out like any other Pokemon game....but then have a choice to join the evil organization for you and your pokemon to be stronger, or continue to follow the old path to be the good kid.

But there will be a twist. Your Rival and Gender counter part would do your opposite. Im going to use the Generation IV characters and team Rocket as a example

Example 1)
Lucas is given a choice to join a more bad *** team rocket. Lucas accepts and your Pokemon then increase 2-3 Lvls with EV's not being effected. Dawn and Pearl(Rival) then meet you Shortly after this and comment on how much you and your Pokemon changed. While doing some "dirty" work of Giovanni, you meet Dawn and Pearl. You then manage to beat them easily. Giovanni then appears and tells them you are looking at his "star". You then proceed to defeat the elite 4 and Cynthia and become Champion and Giovanni then congratulates you for helping him take over the Pokemon league. You are then challenge by Pearl. You both are evenly matched and its impossible to out lvl him because they have he has the same lvl as your Pokemon. If your team is consisted of lvl 100's your rival trainer will have lvl 100's. If you beat him you will fight Dawn. If you lose you will then lose the game.

any ways you will then fight the Dawn. Same fight as Pearls. Beat her you win the game. You lose then well you lose :laugh: this opens up at least 4 endings

Example 2)
Lucas is given the choice to join team rocket and refuses. Team rocket will then for some strange reason Not do any thing to you.....which you will find weird. You then will find out that Team Rocket has gained 2 new powerful admins. You then meet Dawn and Pearl walking together in Sandgem town as Prof. Rowan has called you to his lab. They ignore you when you go up to talk to them. But when you finish your talk with Professor Rowan and leave, you will overhear them talking about plans..and they both walk away. Later midway in-game you then meet them again and are challenge to a 2 on 1 battle. The only problem is that Both Trainers have 6 Pokemon EACH. If you also manage to start to beat them, the game will Turn against you. Granting them Critical hits say ever 2 turns. If someone tries to use a Action Replay invincibility hack, the game will automatically faint the players Pokemon Of course this difficulty is so that the player will lose. Giovanni will come out of the Shadows and say that these two are his newest stars and Pearl,Dawn and Lucas have a conversation of friendship betrayal and other stuff at you and laugh at your face and all 3 vanish. You then are being consulted with Professor Rowan and your mom and the Parents of your rivals. You then promise to bring them back if possible. Then you do the normal stuff with gym leaders saying they feel sorry but will not hold back "yaddy yaddy ya" stuff. You then beat them. You then get the final badge but the original Team Rocket Admins then fight you before you get to the Pokemon League. After you become champion, a surprise twist happens. Dawn then challenges you to a fight. As before the lvl of your Pokemon are the same as her Pokemon. You beat her you advance to the final Trainer of the regular game. You lose then..you lose.

Fight with Pearl. He reveals that him and Dawn "disposed" Giovanni and both became the new leaders. Being friends before becoming trainers has him taunting you through out the whole game. Beat him you beat the game. Lose then you lose. Opens up alot of Endings lol

With this choice the game can have Multiple endings kinda like Chrono Trigger.

Team rocket Victory endings:

1)Lucas has taken over the Pokemon League. Giovanni has retired and passed Leadership of Team Rocket to Lucas and Lucas now does a world wide Conquest. Lucas has 2 powerful co-leaders...ex-Admins with him who were his childhood friends, Dawn and Pearl. All 3 control the 4 regions with a Iorn fist. Crushing any one who oppose them.*

2) Giovanni laughs at the worlds current state. He is the ruler of the World. And with the help of his 3 admins he is unstoppable. Especially because all 3 admins share a special bond.

Team rocket defeat endings

3)Lucas defeated at the hands of Dawn has quit his position of being a Rocket Admin. Giovanni sliped away into the shadows never to be seen again.

4) Lucas being defeated at the hands of Pearl has vanished along with Giovanni. Dawn and Pearl still remember Lucas as the innocent boy before being turned into the power Hungry villain.

Pokemon League good endings(the regular game endings)

1) Lucas has defeated the leaders of Team rocket. Dawn and Pearl have seen the error of their ways and now all 3 are once again friends for ever.

this ending is considered good but sad :(
2) Lucas defeated his longtime friends and rivals. He stands like a demon wanting more. Pearl and Dawn then retreat to the Shadows. Lucas to this very day still looks for them. Looking for his old friends before they turned into Power monsters.

Pokemon League bad endings(Team rocket victories)

1) Lucas being Defeated by Dawn keeps his Promise. A promise that he would join team rocket to become stronger. He becomes one of the strongest Admins team rocket has known. He is found worthy of Leader ship status and Dawn,Pearl AND Lucas rule the pokemon world with a iorn fist.

2) Lucas being defeated by Pearl has promised to keep his end of the deal. The deal to join team rocket if he was beaten. Lucas rises quickly to the rank of leader and all 3 leaders start attack all other teams. The world is in chaos because of team rocket.

If alot of them sound corny and stuff feel free to change them if you want. :p

So thats my idea if you could become part of team rocket.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Hahaha at that last sentence. You have me laughing. The plot that I mocked up on yesterpage or so is very political, but on a much larger scale. It would of course involve the inner workings of Team Rocket, but also involves a non-catchable Legendary Pokemon - the first new Pokemon that is a NPC. However, this whole starting out in Team Rocket idea is great. Let's work on it.
I would be really disappointed if there was an uncatchable Pokemon. I'm sure me and everyone else would just sit there, staring at the DS screen for like 5 minutes thinking 'Is that really it? You can't...catch the legendary? What?'

*cough* updatenewssb4characterchoicesthreadplox *cough*

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well that would be kind of pointless right? How you gonna get the data for the pokedex. Unless the legendary escapes right after the pokedex gets the data that is.

EDIt: know what would be awesome?

If somebody can make Lucas, Dawn and Pearl(Barry,daimon Rival w/e) Team Rocket sprites that would be

AWESUM!!!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would be really disappointed if there was an uncatchable Pokemon. I'm sure me and everyone else would just sit there, staring at the DS screen for like 5 minutes thinking 'Is that really it? You can't...catch the legendary? What?'

*cough* updatenewssb4characterchoicesthreadplox *cough*
That's why there would be other legendaries to compensate for it not being able to be caught. Can you not handle a Pokemon being unobtainable? I surely can. There's no way for me to obtain Deoxys, Jirachi, Arceus, Darkrai, or Shaymin, but I don't care.
Well that would be kind of pointless right? How you gonna get the data for the pokedex. Unless the legendary escapes right after the pokedex gets the data that is.
If you read my story, you have to battle it aboard Team Rocket's ship (but cannot catch it) so you get the Pokedex entry for that, just as you did for Dialga and Palkia from the old woman or whatever (can't remember exactly what it was, but something that did not require an actual sighting of them entered the Pokedex entry for you).

Puddin

Smash Lord
It was all great, but my only complaint is the temperature system, if every pokemon had an evolution chain so complex the game would be well... overly complex, not to mention the games are generally aimed towards children, who by no means would understand a temperature based evolutionary chain.

Yaya

Smash Champion
This is copied from another thread.

My idea for the opening.

(I'll just use my name)

Yaya walked the streets of Flybird City, nearly bawling his eyes out. When the morning arrived, he was fired up, ready to begin his Pokemon Journey, just to find out that he was too late. His rival for pretty much everything, Gimpyfish (I just had to, Okay?), obtained the last Pokemon, a Punchat (Punching Rat).

When walking through an alley, a shortcut back to his house, he heard the cries of a Pokemon, followed by laughing of multiple boys. Yaya followed the cries, it wasn't a short run, he then found 4 boys, pelting an Eevee with slingshots.

Yaya gasped at what he saw, then, disaster.

One of the boys turned around, "Hey! You!" he yelled.

Yaya growled at himself, what was he thinking!? Panic ran through his mind, his hands were shaking, sweat drenched his face. Yaya knew there was only one thing to do.

Yaya bolted out of there. Unfortunately for him, the panic he had made him completely forget where he was going.

The boys were chasing hard after him, Yaya was constently looking back to see them glaring him down. Yaya turned a left, to have his face crushed against a wall, he had hit a dead end.

The boys closed in, Yaya had nowhere to run now, and was now receiving punches to his face.

Yaya had 3 teeth punched out, and the boys were nowhere near to stopping, his nose was bleeding, he was drifting in and out of reality. One of the boys winded up one last punch, Yaya knew this would ne the one that finished him, he closed his eyes and braced himself.

"Eeeeeevvveeee!!!"

"What the- Ahhh!!!'

The Eevee tackled the boy, Yaya opened his eyes, the Eevee just looked back and smiled at Yaya, one boy, which Yaya assumed was the leader, approached him and sent out a Kitire (Fire Kitten) Yaya knew what to do at this moment.

"Go! Eevee!"

I hope you like it, it took a while to write.

Yaya

Smash Champion
We need to stray away from the extremely happy go-lucky world, we need to make this series have a backbone, then again, I originally pu that in Meta-Kirby's How Explicit Can Pokemon Get Thread.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Lmao. A bit more explicit.

Tv: "Welcme back to the show, mates! Today, we're gonna try to film and observe the rare occasion of two Poliwhirl's mating! ...Would ya look at THAT! She's a beauty!"

I think it can get explicit....

Sorry for any younger audiences! :/

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yaya that would make your starter Eevee would it?

Being Mature does not mean you have to Be all violent. Okay maybe.

Maybe you can betray your friends in the game and become part of the evil organization.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yep, your starter would be Eevee, as possibilites are endless when you have one.

Or is that Ditto?

I don't really care, I just want Eevee to be the starter.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually, with the Legendary I had in mind, you do not capture it. You help to restore its power so you can return it to the people that worship it, but you do not get to capture it ever. There are other Legendaries that would not tie in with the plot that you can capture - mysterious Legendaries, and the only way to catch them is to: 1) catch wind of this "legend", 2) seek out clues regarding where it could be located, 3) travel to the destination, enter its "lair", so to speak, traverse through the lair, whether it be caves, a building, a forest, etc, etc, then FINALLY you can battle and capture it, or trigger it to do something else like escape to another location or something. However, to go back to our "Legendaries should just be extremely rare Pokemon rather than one-of-a-kinds," idea, that would probably come into play regarding the Legendary Pokemon in the game - which means that perhaps a few other trainers in the world ALSO have a Legendary.
I'm all for the other legendaries, and while legendaries being catchable is a little fishy to some extent...having it non-catchable to be worshipped and such would be like some sort of a god, which would be bad. Now, what I would like is if you save it and then it returns to its lair, hidden far away, with a similar "hard to find" system. But perhaps it shouldn't be so important and worshippable, since that'd go into unrealistic, how-the-heck-can-a-kid-catch-this territory.

Now, I was not saying that the organization that I was referring to was not Team Rocket, rather just pointing out the actions that they would partake, whether they be Team Rocket or not. I was just trying to point out that they are indeed worse than Team Rocket was in 1st Gen, so if they are TR, then they have certainly grown worse.
Well, that's a good point, and I'd like that. But I'd want it to be Team Rocket for sure. Because they're bound to have some hokey costume (Magma/Aqua/Cipher) or a weird hairstyle AND some hokey costume (Galactic). Team Rocket's outfit is a bit weird, but, um...if I had to pick the most normal looking one, it'd definitely be them.
I'm not saying that you're saying that Team Rocket wouldnt' be it (now, I was confused before), I'm merely expressing that I want Team Rocket.

EDIT: Oh, and for the city idea. I'm actually designing this world right now, drawing out a custom map like Ilex did (which I have to say, I was entirely inspired by your work, Ilex). The city will be a metropolis, but will only take up a small portion of the map, with most of it still remaining as wilderness. However, the cities will for the most part be more industrious with factories and tall buildings/skyscrapers. Only Pokemon can be found in the Metropolis, not in the other normal-sized cities, and even so, they will be sparse. For instance, you may find some Grimer, Muk, members of the Magnemite family, Slakoth, Munchlax, etc in the alleyways. The sewers would be home to Grimer, Muk, and perhaps some other dirty Pokemon... like Feebas.
A portion of the map, that'd be great. That'd actually be very interesting. I just wouldn't want it to be the whole world, which is what it sounded like to me initially.

And yeah, Feebas for sure. Although, is it just me, or is Milotic really not that fascinatingly beautiful that it should evolve by beauty up? And a random statement, that is officially the MOST ANNOYING set of Pokemon. Feebas is impossible to find and then once you find it, you've got to do things JUST RIGHT or it doesn't evolve. It's stupid. I don't particularly like either. Feebas feels like too much of a replacement for Magikarp (despite that it can learn some moves besides Tackle and Splash) and Milotic is just...okay, but not worth the hassle.

Do you think that Pokemon games have to be more sinister? I mean experimenting on Pokemon is enough and inhumane as it is, but what about HUMANS them selves? What if they make like a super soldier/trainer kind of enemy trainer? One that almost acts like a real Person in real life?

I think i toook it a little too far on that one but its possible right?
I think they should be more sinister. Testing on humans, eh...that could be a little weird. But Pokemon definitely needs to drift away from its extremely kid-friendlyness. I was reminded of this today especially when I saw a "Be sure to ask your parents' permission to go to pokemon.com" notice.

what if you could start as part of the evil organization instead of a 10 year old kid
I've actually thought of this before. After I played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it gave you the option to "Save the world--or destroy it", I thought of how that'd work well in many situations. Perhaps they could still have dual versions, but it's a "Save the world--or destroy it" situation. One could be you playing as the normal, good trainers, and the other could have you as part of Team Rocket. (And please, only Team Rocket. I hate Galactic but at least I can fight them in Diamond/Pearl. I refuse to have that trippy costume for my character.) And this could fix that legendary issue. Instead of having a legendary or starter on the game, it could have the good boy and girl on one, and the bad ones on the other. Just an interesting concept I just thought of.

We need another final boss, not the Elite Four and the Champion. That's gotten really old now, and frankly, I don't want to fight the Elite Four anymore. We need a solid story that continues on and on. The story of D/P just ended before you even got the last badge pretty much, when you confront Palkia or Dialga. It just ended. What the hell? I want an epic story, and yes, with TEAM ROCKET and perhaps the return of Giovanni, or even the induction of Blue (Gary) into Team Rocket in which he runs the organization.
Mm...another one after the Elite Four and Champion, sure. It was nice how Red was there as this epic, legendarily powerful trainer at the end of your treks across two different regions. But the Elite Four and Champion are like...the given final boss of the games. I know you take issue with the starters, but I find them to be as much tradition as the starters. To remove them would remove the Pokemon feel. Now, would it be nice if they would go back to the original Elite Four and stop adding one new one after another, but I still think that anything but the Elite Four and Champion would be...not Pokemon.

The story shouldn't end like it does. It'd be nice if they had done something similar to Gold/Silver, but with a little more Team Rocket in Kanto. You do meet the one trainer in Cerulean, whom you have to get that, uh...what was it again? Oh yeah, the part for the Power Plant. In any case, if they could do something where that Team in the version doesn't go away after that encounter, which is why it would be nice if they wouldn't be all "Oh noez, I made a mistake!" at the legendary encounter, that would make me happier. Perhaps it could be something like Gold/Silver (I know I keep going back to it) where Team Rocket runs into you a few times, and then they say they will disband or they're done for now or whatever. But, once you beat the Elite Four, you hear news of an attack by Team Rocket, or something similar. It shouldn't stop there, but it certainly shouldn't change there.

Although I'm a little irked by the Champion. It was awesome in Red/Blue, where you fight the Elite Four and you're like, "Yeah, I did it!" and then all of a sudden, "...but you're not done." and you have to face your Rival one final time, with epic music playing in the background. No more of this "ZOMG, the person I saw earlier in the game that was stalking me is the Champion! I would never have guessed!" Who the hell cares about Cynthia or Steven? Or Wallace, that was so stupid. I really hope that doesn't happen with Volkner. It would make sense, unfortunately, with his comments about getting boring challengers and, if you hadn't beaten him, he was going to challenge the Elite Four. But I really hope they'd just make your rival the Champion again instead of this set Champion who is a PART of the Elite Four. It's expected now.

I like the idea of the protagonist starting out in Team Rocket. Maybe he steals a rare Pokemon (You have a choice of 3), escapes and Team Rcoket is trying to catch him throughout the story. The legendaries shouldn't even be a part of the story, just kinda in a side-quest or whatever. I would like it to involve more politics regarding the inner works of Team Rocket with different admins having their own agendas and ambitions in the group. This is a really cliche storyline...but maybe the protangonist is expecting to succeed his father as Rocket Boss but he doesn't want to. Then of course, some of the admins of Rocket want to claim the title so they're trying to hunt him down (Kill him, but it won't state that) while his father is trying to get him back into the organization.
That has Colosseum written all over it, though. It starts with an explosion made by you, who was part of Team Snagem. You blow up the giant Snag Machine and steal the portable one.

An awesome idea
Wow, this is actually really nice. The plot is really interesting, and multiple endings adds for replay...like, throughout the whole game, value. That's a new concept to Pokemon. Now, what'd be awesome if this were implemented as I thought of earlier--in one game you're Team Rocket, in the other you're good. That seriously is a great idea, and a well-thought out plot.

That's why there would be other legendaries to compensate for it not being able to be caught. Can you not handle a Pokemon being unobtainable? I surely can. There's no way for me to obtain Deoxys, Jirachi, Arceus, Darkrai, or Shaymin, but I don't care.
Well, the only one of those you care about is Deoxys, so it's not necessarily a good comparison.

And it's not that he can't handle it--it's that, it's Pokemon. "Gotta catch 'em all". If you can't catch one, doesn't that defy the rules of Pokemon? Change is needed in Pokemon, but I think there's a difference between change and altering the whole idea.

If you read my story, you have to battle it aboard Team Rocket's ship (but cannot catch it) so you get the Pokedex entry for that, just as you did for Dialga and Palkia from the old woman or whatever (can't remember exactly what it was, but something that did not require an actual sighting of them entered the Pokedex entry for you).
He means a "catch" data. Although I suppose you could simply get the data when you save it, there could be an exception.

This is copied from another thread.

My idea for the opening.

(I'll just use my name)

Yaya walked the streets of Flybird City, nearly bawling his eyes out. When the morning arrived, he was fired up, ready to begin his Pokemon Journey, just to find out that he was too late. His rival for pretty much everything, Gimpyfish (I just had to, Okay?), obtained the last Pokemon, a Punchat (Punching Rat).

When walking through an alley, a shortcut back to his house, he heard the cries of a Pokemon, followed by laughing of multiple boys. Yaya followed the cries, it wasn't a short run, he then found 4 boys, pelting an Eevee with slingshots.

Yaya gasped at what he saw, then, disaster.

One of the boys turned around, "Hey! You!" he yelled.

Yaya growled at himself, what was he thinking!? Panic ran through his mind, his hands were shaking, sweat drenched his face. Yaya knew there was only one thing to do.

Yaya bolted out of there. Unfortunately for him, the panic he had made him completely forget where he was going.

The boys were chasing hard after him, Yaya was constently looking back to see them glaring him down. Yaya turned a left, to have his face crushed against a wall, he had hit a dead end.

The boys closed in, Yaya had nowhere to run now, and was now receiving punches to his face.

Yaya had 3 teeth punched out, and the boys were nowhere near to stopping, his nose was bleeding, he was drifting in and out of reality. One of the boys winded up one last punch, Yaya knew this would ne the one that finished him, he closed his eyes and braced himself.

"Eeeeeevvveeee!!!"

"What the- Ahhh!!!'

The Eevee tackled the boy, Yaya opened his eyes, the Eevee just looked back and smiled at Yaya, one boy, which Yaya assumed was the leader, approached him and sent out a Kitire (Fire Kitten) Yaya knew what to do at this moment.

"Go! Eevee!"

I hope you like it, it took a while to write.
We need to stray away from the extremely happy go-lucky world, we need to make this series have a backbone, then again, I originally pu that in Meta-Kirby's How Explicit Can Pokemon Get Thread.
Ah yeah, I knew it sounded familiar. I don't remember if I commented on it then, but I'll do it here just in case.

I like it. I really like Eevee being the starter--see, Eevee is practically the perfect starter. It has so many possibilities in just one. Eevee is awesome, and I love its evolutions, save for the newest ones. I wanted a Grass Eeveelution, but they did it along with the worst set of Pokemon yet, and just like every other normal Pokemon and evolution to old Pokemon in that generation, it was generic and stupid looking. Heck, Leafeon and Glaceon look like almost exactly the same...

WOAH. I just looked at all of the Eeveelutions, and...wow. Jolteon and Vaporeon look like they were made off of the exact same basic sprite (their position is almost exactly the same), and the same goes for Umbreon and Flareon and Glaceon and Leafeon. What the heck is with Nintendo's lazy spriting? I never did like those positions for the original Eeveelutions anyways, but...argh. That's so annoying.

In any case, as I was saying, they look almost exactly the same with different features based on their type. And they don't even come off as Eeveelutions. When I first got a hold of the Diamond/Pearl sprites off of The Spriter's Resource, I went through looking at the Pokemon and took note of Pokemon that looked like evolutions of previous ones. I got pretty much all of them, but not the Eeveelutions. They just...don't look right.
But back to the actual topic...yeah, I like that story. It kind of reminds me of the beginning of the Anime, minus the long period of hatred between Pikachu and Ash.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm, how about good guys=one viersion, bad guys=another version? that'd give slightly mroe room (memory wise) to improve on each story, and lengthen them, instead of just splitting it in one game..

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hmmm, how about good guys=one viersion, bad guys=another version? that'd give slightly mroe room (memory wise) to improve on each story, and lengthen them, instead of just splitting it in one game..
I've actually thought of this before. After I played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it gave you the option to "Save the world--or destroy it", I thought of how that'd work well in many situations. Perhaps they could still have dual versions, but it's a "Save the world--or destroy it" situation. One could be you playing as the normal, good trainers, and the other could have you as part of Team Rocket. (And please, only Team Rocket. I hate Galactic but at least I can fight them in Diamond/Pearl. I refuse to have that trippy costume for my character.) And this could fix that legendary issue. Instead of having a legendary or starter on the game, it could have the good boy and girl on one, and the bad ones on the other. Just an interesting concept I just thought of.
I just said this.

Darkslash

Smash Master
that idea was from this fanfic i was thinking about. Like "how can you make the protagonist more interesting than them stalking you" Thought it over and i thought

"Hey why doesn't Dawn join Team Rocket" and Lucas would get heartbroken and ****....because its kinda obvious that his Special Manga counter part has a crush on Dawn's Special Manga counterpart.

Now i have a urge to actually do that fanfic. ****.

I dunno if a good guy version and Bad guy version would be okay. It was annoying in Transformers that i had to keep switching on and off the DS, swapping ROMs and then playing it, on my R4( I still buy Nintendo games though). And forcing you to buy 2 games if you want the whole story might not be a good move.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
that idea was from this fanfic i was thinking about. Like "how can you make the protagonist more interesting than them stalking you" Thought it over and i thought

"Hey why doesn't Dawn join Team Rocket" and Lucas would get heartbroken and ****....because its kinda obvious that his Special Manga counter part has a crush on Dawn's Special Manga counterpart.

Now i have a urge to actually do that fanfic. ****.

I dunno if a good guy version and Bad guy version would be okay. It was annoying in Transformers that i had to keep switching on and off the DS, swapping ROMs and then playing it, on my R4( I still buy Nintendo games though). And forcing you to buy 2 games if you want the whole story might not be a good move.
For us, maybe not. For them, that just adds more incentive, which equals more money for them, which, as we know, they definitely want if they can get it.

Although I can see where you're coming from. Or maybe it's not where you're coming from, but I can see an argument against it. It'd be an interesting spinoff to see--they could even base it off a previous generation so it takes even less work. Probably not as a continuing idea, but as a spinoff it'd be nice to see.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
speaking of the good guy/bad guy thing. I was thinking. since they usually make two separate versions each generation, why don't they make one so you start as the 10 year old brat, and on the other version you could start on the bad guy side. Really I think that would add more to the version difference, ad Nintendo could get allot of money out of it.

oops, sorry, just realized Firus put this

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
speaking of the good guy/bad guy thing. I was thinking. since they usually make two separate versions each generation, why don't they make one so you start as the 10 year old brat, and on the other version you could start on the bad guy side. Really I think that would add more to the version difference, ad Nintendo could get allot of money out of it.
I just said this.
*Epic facepalm*

Darkslash

Smash Master
I dunno if that if thats a good idea. I found the Transformers DS games, while enjoyable, I don't think it would add to the experience. choosing which side you want in game would add more replay value. Also you wouldn't waste around 150+ hours on each game you bought too.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I dunno if that if thats a good idea. I found the Transformers DS games, while enjoyable, I don't think it would add to the experience. choosing which side you want in game would add more replay value. Also you wouldn't waste around 150+ hours on each game you bought too.
Point very well taken:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The reason I offered a dual-game way of doing that is to fix up the games so there's more incentive to buy the game than just "Wow, 5 Pokemon I couldn't get before." and also to solve the cover crisis. Not necessarily a good solution, but just something I thought of quickly (and apparently two others did as well :laugh:)

Yaya

Smash Champion
I like the evil idea. I really want to be on the bad side for once, annoying as hell running through the exact scenario.

You can just button mash through the dialog and then you reach the next gym in no time.

P.S: Firus, could you check out the Rpg thread, we kind of been waiting for a while, You've been on, Spire's been on and you guys might of forgot to check it I think.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
P.S: Firus, could you check out the Rpg thread, we kind of been waiting for a while, You've been on, Spire's been on and you guys might of forgot to check it I think.
Oh, sure. Sorry.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Oh yeah. For fifth gen:

NO MORE CONFUSION. It's one of THE stupidest things in the Pokemon games. They give stupid reasons for it like 'Gyarados has fatigue, so he's confused'! Unless they can actually make it amount to something than three out of four attacks causing damage to yourself, I want it out.

Also, something I want to ask you guys about. I've heard some people saying they want a more gym oriented game and some people saying they want a more saving the world oriented game. What is everybody's opinion on this?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmm if the kid is older, saving the world is ok--but let's not forget what pokemon is all about--catchin' them all and becomin' the best!!! Gyms and pokedex should be higher priority. That's my opinion. But please still include villains (team rocket fo' sho'!)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yeah. For fifth gen:

NO MORE CONFUSION. It's one of THE stupidest things in the Pokemon games. They give stupid reasons for it like 'Gyarados has fatigue, so he's confused'! Unless they can actually make it amount to something than three out of four attacks causing damage to yourself, I want it out.
I agree. I HATE confusion. It is just stupid and frustrating... and I believe that the computer makes sure you damage yourself more when confused than it does. -_-

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It feels a lot like that, doesn't it...

Maybe a new status effect like... fatigue? Maybe it makes you always go second?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Or your pokemon sometimes is to tired (like when the level is to high and they don't obey) so it doesn't attack, or it usses struggle.

I would have to go with more Gym orientation, but a little bit of save the world (or at least your country) kind of like in Kanto. You didn't save the world, but you did save something. And pleas no more ersion exclusives, legendary exclusives are OK if they have opposites, but not regular pokemon. That is all

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I want a mix of both, like in G/S/C. Not extensive "save the world" type of thing like in R/S/E and D/P/P, but stopping evil organizations, I like. I'm not even going to go into hypothetical "If you have an older character..." because they'll never change it, with their new friends the casual gamers. May they both rot in hell. (I'm fed up with Nintendo after E3, if you can't tell.)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ahh, firus but we all are.... did you by chance read spire's post, it's atleast calming..
I did read his post, but it made me feel worse. I just can't share the same optimism. And the "options" are still going to mess with the game. I will hit every person I see that has a Mii head with my Bug-Catching Net, and that is a promise. If it's allowed (since this is for casuals) and if I can do it right, I will hit them with my axe. And not going to the city will probably take away from your experience. Do you really think that the city will have the same stuff you can do in the town? You'll have to go there if you want to do everything.

...But I'm going off-topic. I'm just fed up. Especially on Pokemon news. I think it's safe to say that we'll most likely get another spinoff series, with their revelation of how great Mystery Dungeon was (what are they on? And by they, I mean the people buying that game. It was AWFUL.) and we've gotten an announcement of the other spinoff's sequel. This looks bad for fifth gen. The last two handhelds got two sets of games (R/B/Y / G/S/C for Gameboy, R/S/E / FR/LG for GBA), but now they're focusing on the spinoffs so I'd be surprised if they could get another set in on the DS. I'd expect another spinoff before the end of the DS's life, and I mean a new one.
(Luckily, that rant was at least on-topic since it was about 5th gen.)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh yeah. For fifth gen:

Also, something I want to ask you guys about. I've heard some people saying they want a more gym oriented game and some people saying they want a more saving the world oriented game. What is everybody's opinion on this?
Confusion needs to be cut immediately. It's my Pokemon playing bane. Crap like that is the reason why I don't play the games (it's small scale compared to other things like terrible storylines and awful repetition).

Now, I actually want something entirely different from both things that you mentioned. I would like a game with a main storyline (does not have to be about saving the world) with multiple paths as to how you tackle it, many side-quests (not just, "hey, I'll trade this for that" crap), and ultimately, the freedom to do anything you want, anywhere (doing quests will benefit you tremendously though). I want more freedom in the games.

I hate having to go from point A to B to C, and all the way to Z in such a linear fashion. I'd like to go from A to M to G to W, or take any path that I so choose. I'm also quite tired of the routes being so "directional", forcing you to move in one direction. I vote for many side-paths, branching out of the routes, cutting through forests, mountains, tunnels, fields, etc, etc. I want large, open areas like the Safari Zone, but out in the wilderness. The Pokemon world is far too small in all actuality. Seriously, you could walk around for hours and hours in one small patch of grass, defeating hundreds of Pokemon, but they never stop coming! There can be an infinite amount of Pokemon in one small space. I say that areas should generate a certain number of Pokemon and once that number has been depleted, no more will respawn for perhaps a day or two, and that number will not automatically fill up - it builds over time.

That being said, the world is too confined. Look at a map, either in-game or drawn. Seriously, judging by how often a big animal is encountered in the wild in our world (the wild being man-paved routes), if our world was like the Pokemon world, you would have no room to walk, drive, nothing. They would flood the planet, filling the atmosphere with carbon dioxide and killing us all.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Amazingly right stuff
Wow, you're right. Routes are all linear. There's nothing open. It's really rather sad. The world map is even a bunch of lines. It needs to be remade into the kind of maps that Ilex has, where it's one large map and the cities and such are points on the map, like in real life.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I recall reading a interview with the creators of D/P (gamefreak) and they said the would want the game to go outward not inward and some other stuff. I think what they were trying to say was that they want the games to have more connection around the world (as there showing in platinum). I also think they were trying to say they want the game to be less linear are more expanded.

If what thy said was true and they were really going to do it, then that makes the less linear option possible for 5th Gen.

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what they need?
Better Music.
Like in G/S/C
Second Generation had the best Music.
And Plus, Second Generation seemed more interesting when I got it for some reason, and when I got Diamond I was like,"Oh, yay. I beat the elite four. Boring."
They need to fix that.
And yes, they need to add more complicated roads, not linear ones, that would be cool.
Does Nintendo listen to our suggestions, by the way?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
G/S/C DID seem more interesting. I think thta's because the concept itself of new and fascinating pokemon was new and fascinating.

Think of it--it's a whole new world, and new pokemon, so of course we're excited! But by third Gen. we'd already been prepared for the shock.. and by 4th Gen., it was all old, even though the map and creatures weren't.

Spire

III
BRoomer
G/S/C DID seem more interesting. I think thta's because the concept itself of new and fascinating pokemon was new and fascinating.

Think of it--it's a whole new world, and new pokemon, so of course we're excited! But by third Gen. we'd already been prepared for the shock.. and by 4th Gen., it was all old, even though the map and creatures weren't.
EXACTLY! That's precisely how I feel about it. The 2nd Gen was awesome in every which way because it was the first time that we got a new world, and new Pokemon. Everything about it was really cool, and the Pokemon still fit in well with the 1st Gen Pokemon.

Then 3rd Gen came along. While it was still fun, as it was in a way a "new 1st Gen" by introducing an independent world with the vast majority of Pokemon being new, it felt like Pokemon was no longer going uphill and was beginning to decline.

Then 4th Gen came along. And it's ****.

Top Bottom