• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Item trading would be excellent. Nuff said! Haha and it's not like it's hard 2 implement--in the link menu when ur connecting 2 another person and it asks if u wanna trade or battle.. just add trade items, or add a submenu in trade..! (everyone probably already tought of that)

Also thanks for explaining IV's to me I understand it now--are they to create more needs to breed, or for diversity or what though?

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Item trading is a pretty good idea. They should also make it easier to get stones. I'm having trouble completing my pokedex in D/P just because I can't find any moon stones. Or they could do something like they did in G/S/C.

They also need to bring back some old environments like deserts & underwater with some new environments like a sunny field, a giant factory, or a virtual world.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
I think pachisiru and Sudowoodo should have evolved forms if there will be a fifth generation.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They also need to bring back some old environments like deserts & underwater with some new environments like a sunny field, a giant factory, or a virtual world.
DEFINITELY! A sunny field is a dream come true of mine, with rolling hills, Taurus, Miltank, and Kanghaskan running amok. Also, a giant factory has already been attempted before with the Power Plant and such, but I see where you're going with it. Also, a virtual world? Land of the Porygon and other new virtual Pokemon? I'm thinking yes.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
RAnche like the miltank farm in g/s/c was nice. but it needs to be expanded. Like farms just outside of most smaller towns.? Each farm also has a pokemon that is more common there than in the wild or at smaller towns. Farms might work as breeding/day care centers as well?

The ability to Fly to more than just pokecenters and yur house? Yes? no? maybe? Not sure on that--it may be nice, but might also break the tradition and give u one too many ways to avoid traveling...?

What do you think about starters being found in the wild?
ALSO--replayable gym battles. Come on, like you've never wanted to rematch with Brock or Giovanni :)!

TehBo49

Smash Ace
Virtual World=Porygon heaven! :) Haha--what'd tey do with stones in g/s/c?
That's exactly the same thing I was thinking. Maybe a subplot or something?

In G/S/C, you could get a moon stone in Mt. Moon once a week by finding a bunch of Clefairy in there.

DEFINITELY! A sunny field is a dream come true of mine, with rolling hills, Taurus, Miltank, and Kanghaskan running amok. Also, a giant factory has already been attempted before with the Power Plant and such, but I see where you're going with it. Also, a virtual world? Land of the Porygon and other new virtual Pokemon? I'm thinking yes.
For the sunny field, I wanted it to automatically make the battle weather Sunny Day. The power plant was okay, but I'm talking about a giant multi-level factory kinda like the steel type gym in D/P.

I was also thinking they should have an evo for Jynx (don't know why they didn't make one in D/P) & a pre-evo of Tauros & Miltank (that evolves into one of them depending on it's gender). For new pokemon, they need more diverse Dragon type combinations (Dragon/Flying gets kinda old). Maybe a Bug/Dragon legendary or a Poison/Dragon.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Anyone else think baby pokemon should be more common? Like Pichu and Magbie(don't think I got the name right.. magmar's baby) and smoochum...

ALL pokemon should be obtainable in the game... Different versions would maybe have you start the game on opposite ends of the map? that'd be something new...
Also, different versions would have some pokemon rarer than others, certain shinie in one version maybe? Landscape changes (only slight) in versions.

Also if they use all the previous lands, kanto, jhoto, hoenn, and sinnoh, only 1st and 2nd gen should be available in kanto. Well, 3rd Gen. would be very rare, but could happen...

And sinnoh pokemon are rarely available anywher else than sinnoh, since sinnoh is separated from all the others. Hoenn is to I think but still...

And bring back the move dive. Am I the only one who liked that move?

tehboh49: There should be many a subplot :)
And there needs to be an evolution/pre-evolution for Pinsir!!!
I actually kinda-sorta didn't like Electabuzz's evo and magmar's evo and magnton's evo--idk why, it just didn't seem to fit? They seemed out of plac...? But eh, they are ok...!

And yea. Team Rocket NEEDS to come back. They were fun. And I liked their base-theme under Celadon's slots corner. :]

Ilex

Smash Ace
They could just convert all the Normal/Flying Pokemon into pure Flying. They changed Magnemite's type, so I don't see why they can't do it again.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also thanks for explaining IV's to me I understand it now--are they to create more needs to breed, or for diversity or what though?
Probably more diversity, since only the larger fans (meaning most of the fans who aren't little kids) actually know what IVs are. But they cause a need to breed a lot, if you want the perfect Pokemon.

Item trading is a pretty good idea. They should also make it easier to get stones. I'm having trouble completing my pokedex in D/P just because I can't find any moon stones. Or they could do something like they did in G/S/C.

I'm just having the same problem! I've been going through my Pokedex in order, and I ran into Delcatty and...I have a Skitty, but I can't find a Moon Stone. I think I have a Delcatty in Ruby I can migrate, but still...

And I totally agree about expanded environments. If need be, expand the entire world map. Just give us more environments.

I think pachisiru and Sudowoodo should have evolved forms if there will be a fifth generation.
Mm...Sudowoodu, I disagree with. I think Bonsly was a stupid idea. It ruined the tradition of what Sudowoodu was. Instead of being a rare Pokemon, he became a very common and easy to get Pokemon. I'm not sure how the rest of you feel about that, but I'm personally not happy with it. An evolution to Sudowoodo would only increase this. Just like Electabuzz, Magmar, and Rhydon, very awesome Pokemon all, became just the middle evolution, Sudowoodu would, too.
Pachirisu, however, definitely deserves an evolution. It needs a widened movepool and an evolution for it to be viable for...well, just about anything. I love it, because it's a squirrel and I love squirrels (yeah, I'm weird), but despite me wanting to put it in my team in Diamond, I didn't do so because I realize how difficult it would be to use effectively.

The ability to Fly to more than just pokecenters and yur house? Yes? no? maybe? Not sure on that--it may be nice, but might also break the tradition and give u one too many ways to avoid traveling...?

What do you think about starters being found in the wild?
ALSO--replayable gym battles. Come on, like you've never wanted to rematch with Brock or Giovanni :)!
For Flying to more than just Pokemon Centers and your house, possibly. But not ANYWHERE, that would kill it. But they had a good idea in Diamond/Pearl, with Pal Park reachable by Flying. If they were to bring back real Secret Bases, I think you should be able to fly to it. It wouldn't be entirely cheap, because you have to trek there one time anyways, so you couldn't just say "Oh, I feel like flying to this location today", and so you change the Secret Base and fly there. You'd already be at the Secret Base. It could add to convenience, but if they feel that a Secret Base would become too convenient, then don't put a Secret Base slot there.

Starters in the wild, yes. Previous gens only, though. As odd as it is that the Professors have these Pokemon (whom I believe have lower-than-normal stats, compared to regular Pokemon) and they are the only ones who do, why does your starter even matter what you do about your starter if you can catch it and the other two later on in the game? Yes to previous gens, no to the current one.

Rechallenging Gym Leaders...I don't think the option was available in Diamond and Pearl, or Ruby and Sapphire or Fire Red and Leaf Green. But I know for a fact they made the option available in Emerald. Why would you get rid of that? Also, it'd be kind of nice if you could battle the Gym Trainers. Not necessarily re-battle, although that'd be nice too, but if you don't defeat a trainer and you go and beat the Gym Leader, it'd be nice if you could talk to them (they wouldn't automatically confront you) to challenge them so you don't lose experience if you miss a trainer.

I was also thinking they should have an evo for Jynx (don't know why they didn't make one in D/P) & a pre-evo of Tauros & Miltank (that evolves into one of them depending on it's gender). For new pokemon, they need more diverse Dragon type combinations (Dragon/Flying gets kinda old). Maybe a Bug/Dragon legendary or a Poison/Dragon.
I'd prefer for them not to have an evolution for Jynx. I wasn't ever a huge fan of it, and I don't imagine an evolution would make me feel any differently. Tauros and Miltank are, in my opinion, fine as is. At this point, adding on just to add on to the first generation Pokemon will just mess them up. If they have a good idea, that's fine. But they messed up 2 really awesome Pokemon (Electabuzz and Magmar; Rhydon's cool, but Electabuzz and Magmar were always two of my favorites) by, probably, just adding on to add on.

Anyone else want a pure flying type?
I dunno if a pure Flying type would work o_0 would it be the same as flying normal? :ohwell:
It would be the exact same, minus the resistance to Ghost. It's not so much as a difference as the addition of "Normal" to every Flying type in no need of another type is a little odd.

I'm all for a pure flying type.

MysticKenji said:
First of all, Arceus is normal type, he can temporarily change it.

Second of all, see my sig.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Pure flying would also have another strength, fighting would be not very effective, normal+flying makes it normaly efective.

I have had this type in my head scince G/S/C PLASMA type

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea I know dive was solely for an hm, but I enjoyed using the move...! I don't think they should just get rid of moves. Maybe change from hm 2 tm and vice versa. But not dump it completely!

And yea you shouldn't be a ble 2 fly ANYWHERE--that's to convenient.

Also--more bug and fire type pokemon need to be in the game. And that's that. I know there's a few fire types, but come on, not many bugs. And almost all of them resemble each other. :/ Bring some bugs please! I'd love to be a bug trainer :) haha

Also--I've heard people say that not all pokemon are professional team material. That needs to change. All pokemon (at least 2nd evo's and up) deserve the opportunity to make it into a pro's roster. What I'm saying is--make the stats better for some who are deemed 'useless' or 'not good enough' or whatever. I, personally, would just use the pokemon I'd like. But some people only use the ones wth certain stat 'opportunities'?? I think every pokemon should have stat opportunities...?

Also, fix dunsparce. Really, what's the point of his existance? I can't remember, but I don't think he even has an evo, does he?? If anyone knows how he is useful, please tell me!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Does togekiss not ever get used? Because if dunsparce is the one I'm thinking of (yellow i think in color wth blue cirlces around eyes and kinda an arrow tail or something?) then it wouldn't ever get used--But I don't really know much about dunsparce at all cuz I never really took time on him..?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Fighting/flying would be interesting! So would electric/bug. And grass/ghost. And rock/ice. And dark/dragon (garanteed to look cool!)

Good ideas..!

Spire

III
BRoomer
As for Flying, I would like the option to actually fly on your Pokemon (and make sure that every Pokemon able to learn Fly is given a flying sprite; same goes for surf) high above the clouds where you can actually encounter and fight other Flying (or perhaps even Dragon) Pokemon in the skies. As for what Pokemon should fly and surf, I find that flying on a Pidgey is just ludicrous and should be removed (that goes for all small Pokemon). Flying and Surfing should be a treat and should only be possible with a large Pokemon, meaning you either caught one, or spent time raising one. Also, I'd say that all Stage 3, and probably some Stage 2 Pokemon should be able to fly and/or surf (given that they are able to learn the move).

Think about it though - flying over the world. It could be integrated with finding a Legendary Flying Pokemon perhaps, or maybe the new "Team" that's threatening the world builds a big blimp-ship of a sort, and you have to chase it down by flying on a Pokemon, boarding the ship, and battling the goons and what not. I really hope a ten year old does not do this though, as it would ruin the concept completely.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You really have to wonder why they don't make use of those different type combinations.

I mean, Electric/Bug would be far more interesting than the countless electric mouse rip-offs we get every generation.:rolleyes:

Rock/Ice and Fighting/Flying might be kind of weird, though... Especially Rock/Ice. lol

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
As for Flying, I would like the option to actually fly on your Pokemon (and make sure that every Pokemon able to learn Fly is given a flying sprite; same goes for surf) high above the clouds where you can actually encounter and fight other Flying (or perhaps even Dragon) Pokemon in the skies. As for what Pokemon should fly and surf, I find that flying on a Pidgey is just ludicrous and should be removed (that goes for all small Pokemon). Flying and Surfing should be a treat and should only be possible with a large Pokemon, meaning you either caught one, or spent time raising one. Also, I'd say that all Stage 3, and probably some Stage 2 Pokemon should be able to fly and/or surf (given that they are able to learn the move).

Think about it though - flying over the world. It could be integrated with finding a Legendary Flying Pokemon perhaps, or maybe the new "Team" that's threatening the world builds a big blimp-ship of a sort, and you have to chase it down by flying on a Pokemon, boarding the ship, and battling the goons and what not. I really hope a ten year old does not do this though, as it would ruin the concept completely.
That would be awesome. Be able to actually fly and control flight would be so much better. But would it maybe get annoying when you are trying to get to pokemon centers and such?

I was thinking of this the other day--Maybe ifyou are in an area when there is a lot of wind-You are able to fly, because the wind keeps you up in the air...? This would also play into my weather idea--during a storm, a normally peaceful area would be windy, allowing you to get to otherwise unnaccessible areas..

However, one problem. Like we all said earlier about fire-types not being able to fight in aquatic environments--How would non-flying/levitating pkmn fight while airborn? I also don't thnk that the trainer should be atop his pokemon if it is fighting, land, sea, or sky!

Spire

III
BRoomer
You really have to wonder why they don't make use of those different type combinations.

I mean, Electric/Bug would be far more interesting than the countless electric mouse rip-offs we get every generation.:rolleyes:

Rock/Ice and Fighting/Flying might be kind of weird, though... Especially Rock/Ice. lol
Ghost/Rock takes the cake for me. Those are my two favorite types, followed by Electric. I'm not one for statistics and what not, so I don't care how they match up. I just love those types for what they represent.

Electric/Bug would be superb, and I would definitely load up on that. Sounds like it could potentially be a computer virus ;) Perhaps if by some chance, they include a "Virtual World", we could see Porygon and their many virtual counterparts, including this "electric bug virus" Pokemon. I know you were referring to an actual electrical bug, perhaps something along the lines of a firefly (despite having FIRE in its name), but hey, a Fire/Bug would be interesting also.

Pokemon Generations tend to repeat too much. We always get Grass, Fire, Water starters, we always get a new rodent family, a new bird family, a new fish family (or two), a new three-stage plant family (or two), a new electric rodent, etc, etc.

I would love a Pokemon game that's based in a much more industrialized world, with vast cities to catch Pokemon in (yes that's right, alleyways, sewers, and what not will serve as "grass"). This would mean that we would see many more electric, fire, steel, dark, poison, ghost, and fighting types over the overload of grass and water types that we've been accustomed to receiving every generation. Oh, how I love urban sludge.

Wrath`

Smash Master

I want to see the animation they give Dodrio, ecause it can learn fly, in colloseem it just runs in the air.

Large blimp could be a possible coolnees, specialy if after you destroy the head cyndicate/boss it crashes and you walk out of a burning blimp to be confronted by the new (and hopfully good) ledgendary.

And after you beat the elite four you can go back to the wreck to find it overgrown with palnts and have some new rare pokemon in the area.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
If we get get some good Pokemon that AREN'T ruined by a 4X weakness, I'd be happy. I mean look at Golem, Aggron and Scizor. Great pokemon that would all be used so much more often if it wasn't the fact that they die to one super effective attack, in Aggron's case, two different ones.

In fact, especially with this generation, Tanking pokemon are almost non existant because of all the different moves and such. If they were to change how the system was in terms where a Pokemon like Aggron could actually be USED, I'd be happy.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
About the flying--I agree. Flying around on a pidgey is just rediculous. Lol htey should learn the move, but not be able to use it outside of battle...!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know about the virtual world idea, it wouldn't make much sense... XD

But the city idea is cool... It reminds me that I'd love for the Pokemon world to get overhauled and become massive. That would probably require it to be on the Wii, but that would be awesome!

A massive 3D Pokemon world (perhaps encompassing ALL four regions with the possibility of a new one) game would be epic.

They (Game Freak, not anybody else.) really need to at least try to make an Pokemon RPG on the Wii. It'd be different, and hopefully successful.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think for the TV consoles, they should makea 3D live-action pokemon game. But continue focusing on the rpg's. But a live action game would probably attract a few more fans to the pokemon franchise...!
yes?
no?
mebe?
mebe not?

TehBo49

Smash Ace

For the Rock/Ice one, I was thinking of like a mountain goat. The Fighting/Flying would be an ostrich, the Electric/Bug would be a lightning bug, & the Grass/Ghost would be a willow tree.

I also agree with Spire III. They need to quit making Rattata/Pidgey/Pikachu clones. I liked R/S/E because they had Poochyena & Wingull at the beginning & not just the clones.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want to see the animation they give Dodrio, ecause it can learn fly, in colloseem it just runs in the air.

Large blimp could be a possible coolnees, specialy if after you destroy the head cyndicate/boss it crashes and you walk out of a burning blimp to be confronted by the new (and hopfully good) ledgendary.

And after you beat the elite four you can go back to the wreck to find it overgrown with palnts and have some new rare pokemon in the area.
That's an awesome idea! Okay, I just came up with a quick backstory. In this region of the world, there is an Electric/Rock (or Electric/Steel) Legendary which harnesses an incredibly potent energy (some would say pure) and this syndicate wants to capture the Pokemon and drain it of all of its energy to power their economic empire's headquarters at so-and-so city (keep in mind that this takes place in my previously mentioned industrious Pokemon world).

So, you learn that they have traveled to a faraway island or something where the Pokemon has been residing, so you go there and battle some goons and an officer who stop you from boarding their ship. After defeating them, they jump on the ship and flee, leaving you behind. Also, say you go there with a friend of yours who then provides a ride on a Pokemon of his/hers and you both ride on it to chase down the ship. Eventually, you track it down, board it, and team up to take down all of the goons and eventually the leader, who resides in the large room with the chained down Legendary. You must defeat the leader, who once defeated, forced the Legendary to fight for him. After defeating it, the Legendary exerts massive amounts of energy, overriding the ship of all of its power, but then saves both you and your friend, and the leader and his crew are all killed in the crash (or so it seems). However, because of the massive Electrical outburst, the Legendary is drained of its harnessed power and reverts to being only a Rock type (or Steel). At this point, it becomes immobile and stands as a statue in the debris of the ship, but before you can leave, your friend suggests that you inspect it as he/she sees something glowing in its chest. Upon inspection, you obtain a Key Item - some sort of Pure Electrical Energy Orb. Also, your friend gives you HM02, Fly.

So, after realizing that there are no bodies in the debris, you realize that they must have escaped the ship before it crashed (by parachute), so you then set off to further topple their regime. This Orb must be restored to its full power so that you can reactivate the Legendary Pokemon, but in order to do so, you must continue on with your quest. Eventually, the leader of this syndicate finds out about your orb and takes it from you, imprisoning you in a cell in their headquarters, which you must then escape from. Maybe I'll add more later on.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Does togekiss not ever get used? Because if dunsparce is the one I'm thinking of (yellow i think in color wth blue cirlces around eyes and kinda an arrow tail or something?) then it wouldn't ever get used--But I don't really know much about dunsparce at all cuz I never really took time on him..?
Err, no.
I meant that Togekiss is Dunsparce's replacement and is superior in various ways.
I think it's silly, since Dunsparce isn't all that good on it's own, it doesn't really need to be overshadowed >_>

Some other cool pokemon types would be Fighting/Flying, Grass/Ghost, Dark/Dragon, Electric/Bug, & Rock/Ice.
Fight/Flying = What Staraptor should've been >_>
Grass/Ghost = A wilted plant?
Dark/Dragon = Medeus You could go various ways with this one.
Elec/Bug = What Illumise/Volbeat should've been >_>
Rock/Ice = no clue :ohwell:

Flying concept
Sounds cool.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
That's a deep plot.. And I like it.
Maybe the 'evil-doers' hier team rocket? Sorry I'd just really like to see Team Rocket back in action haha, but it's very interesting, and I like the plot! And the concept of the pokemon!

edit: oh I see what your saying about togekiss now... Yea I really don't see how dunsparce could be effective--at first I thought he'd be a magikarp pokemon--as in you have to put up with his uselessness until he evolves into a real kick *** pokemon--but that doesn't happen. :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
That's a deep plot.. And I like it.
Maybe the 'evil-doers' hier team rocket? Sorry I'd just really like to see Team Rocket back in action haha, but it's very interesting, and I like the plot! And the concept of the pokemon!
Even if it's not Team Rocket, this syndicate is just as bad, if not worse. They want to completely drain the life out of a Legendary Pokemon, who I just decided should be a mythical creature in the religion of some foreign people who believe it to be their all-knowing protector and has now been taken from them. Furthermore, they are being oppressed by this syndicate who is trying to force them from their village in order to raze it and build a seaport in its place that runs on (you guessed it) energy stolen from their God. That's evil right there.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Budah! And it's special ability is if you rub it's belly you'll have good luck :) lol..

Wait is Budah hindu? Hahga...
But yea that's pretty dang evil...! Team Rocket could at least help out? Or maybe they can be doing their own thing? I just wan team rocket in somehow haha :)

But that's an interesting/exciting plot, and would serve well.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
For the Rock/Ice one, I was thinking of like a mountain goat.
Now come on, we already have one of those. Not Rock/Ice, but a mountain goat nonetheless.

Also, the talk of flying Pokemon being too small made me remember something...
Recently, I decided to rewatch the first Pokemon movie, just for fun. I noticed multiple errors in Pokemon names. And I'm 90% sure they weren't on purpose.

So you know how everyone has to make it over to that island, but the ferry's canceled, right? Well the guy that flies over on his Pidgeot, tells Ash, when asked that he flew over on his Pidgeotto. What the crap.
Also, while Team Rocket's hiding in the place where all of the clones are coming out and being stored, etc., and the Poke Balls go through the machine, it shows the sillhouette of each Pokemon. The first one is Scyther, and they say Alakazam. But they get no others wrong.

Seriously, you'd think they could get it right.
[/random tangent]

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think when the translation of hte movie was made, 4Kids screwed it up (they are the ones who do that right?)....

But yea I remember that!!! The 1st movie was actually entertaining by the way-the only good one in my opinion.. I never watche dthe others though XD

Top Bottom