• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
EXACTLY! That's precisely how I feel about it. The 2nd Gen was awesome in every which way because it was the first time that we got a new world, and new Pokemon. Everything about it was really cool, and the Pokemon still fit in well with the 1st Gen Pokemon.

Then 3rd Gen came along. While it was still fun, as it was in a way a "new 1st Gen" by introducing an independent world with the vast majority of Pokemon being new, it felt like Pokemon was no longer going uphill and was beginning to decline.

Then 4th Gen came along. And it's ****.
I agree on third generation. I like fourth generation, mostly because of Wi-Fi and availability of getting all of the Pokemon without buying 4 or so games. -_-

But second generation was also better... You got to go back to Kanto, which was just so perfect. Along with the references to Red/Blue/Yellow. G/S/C were a true continuation of the series, R/S/E felt like they were going back to step one, and they failed at that even.

I found Ruby fun, but I just do not like the direction they went with it. It would have been so much more fun if you could have gone back to Johto, and see how it has changed over the years.

That is one thing I require of the fifth generation... Travelling back to one or more regions... And I'd prefer the first two regions. I did not like the last two regions anywhere near as well.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I find the reason that G/S/C was better was due to the fact that even after you beat the elite four, there was still a whole nother are to explore, and also nostalgic to to players who enjoyed RBY, so I say Yes to TWO areas, or somwhow an area split so that one is only acssesible after beat the elite four, and no half baked Battle center, I want a real place to explore afterward.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That is one thing I require of the fifth generation... Travelling back to one or more regions... And I'd prefer the first two regions. I did not like the last two regions anywhere near as well.
If any region would return, Kanto is a MUST and Hoenn would be my second favorite, because I liked the design of that region the best. I think it was the least linear or all the games, and added interesting new elements.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If any region would return, Kanto is a MUST and Hoenn would be my second favorite, because I liked the design of that region the best. I think it was the least linear or all the games, and added interesting new elements.
Meh, I'd much rather see Johto... It's the region we haven't seen in the longest time.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know what they need?
Better Music.
Like in G/S/C
Second Generation had the best Music.
And Plus, Second Generation seemed more interesting when I got it for some reason, and when I got Diamond I was like,"Oh, yay. I beat the elite four. Boring."
They need to fix that.
And yes, they need to add more complicated roads, not linear ones, that would be cool.
Does Nintendo listen to our suggestions, by the way?
Definitely. I think that fourth gen is an all-time low in music. It's all so...blah. I think First and Second gen had some awesome music, third gen had some pretty good music, fourth gen was a load of regurgitated crap. All of the games repeated stuff, but they repeated almost EVERY SONG once! It was sort of ridiculous.

Does Nintendo listen to our suggestions? Maybe. Try sending a letter into Nintendo Power if you really want to give them a suggestion, they might not hear it otherwise.

Think of it--it's a whole new world, and new pokemon, so of course we're excited! But by third Gen. we'd already been prepared for the shock.. and by 4th Gen., it was all old, even though the map and creatures weren't.
IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD WE LIVE IN--DO-*is shot*

EXACTLY! That's precisely how I feel about it. The 2nd Gen was awesome in every which way because it was the first time that we got a new world, and new Pokemon. Everything about it was really cool, and the Pokemon still fit in well with the 1st Gen Pokemon.

Then 3rd Gen came along. While it was still fun, as it was in a way a "new 1st Gen" by introducing an independent world with the vast majority of Pokemon being new, it felt like Pokemon was no longer going uphill and was beginning to decline.

Then 4th Gen came along. And it's ****.
Agreed.

I agree on third generation. I like fourth generation, mostly because of Wi-Fi and availability of getting all of the Pokemon without buying 4 or so games. -_-

But second generation was also better... You got to go back to Kanto, which was just so perfect. Along with the references to Red/Blue/Yellow. G/S/C were a true continuation of the series, R/S/E felt like they were going back to step one, and they failed at that even.

I found Ruby fun, but I just do not like the direction they went with it. It would have been so much more fun if you could have gone back to Johto, and see how it has changed over the years.

Wi-Fi is okay, getting all of the Pokemon with doing very little outside of one game is kind of nice. I have to say, while completing the National Dex was a task to be sure (yeah, I finally took the initiative to do it--yay!), it really wasn't as difficult as you'd think. The GTS simplified it.

Well, I hear complaints about third gen for going back in that department, but fourth gen did the same thing and uh...Wi-Fi does not make up for it. After the first week, the GTS became a load of Bidoofs and Bibarels with more than enough requests for level 100/9 and under very rare Pokemon. I think third gen, while it took a step back, was at least good still. Fourth gen is...well, refer to Spire's comment.

questioN: has anyone ever tried to surf to kanto before beating the elite four? what stops yoU?
You can't access Kanto other than that one strip next to New Bark (Route 27, I believe) until you beat the Elite Four. The only way to cross over the first time is via the S.S. Aqua (Is that it's name, or is it still the S.S. Anne? Bah, I forget.). Then you activate the Train in Kanto later on, which is the second way. Then finally, once you do everything and can access Mt. Silver, you can fly there from Johto to get to Kanto. Other than that, there's no way to travel to Kanto. So what's stopping you? No means of transportation.

Yes, definitely. Hoenn was such a fun environment, and it deserves to return--but of course, only after Kanto. On one hand, I wouldn't complain if Kanto didn't make it because, while I love Kanto, we've already revisited it. Revisiting a different region if we could in fifth gen would be nice.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Meh, I'd much rather see Johto... It's the region we haven't seen in the longest time.
While I love Kanto because of my 1st Gen fanboyism, Johto would be my pick also.

Secondly, I would like the worlds to be rendered in full 3D, meaning no more tiling. I'm tired of everything being so square, ya know? This means that (like I said before) an inclusion of a z-axis may be needed, with definite analog-directional movement (can be done with d-pad).

For instance, if Kanto is remade again, I would love to see Cinnabar Island completely and totally revamped. IT NEEDS A VOLCANO! And a big one at that! Why in 2nd Gen can you not visit it because a volcano erupted, destroying the island, yet in 1st Gen and the 1st Gen remakes in 3rd Gen, it was completely volcanoless? Poor design right there. The whole world needs to be a lot larger. Towns and Cities need to be two, three, maybe even four times as large. Seriously what kind of town is composed of four buildings? Yeah the **** right.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
While I love Kanto because of my 1st Gen fanboyism, Johto would be my pick also.

Secondly, I would like the worlds to be rendered in full 3D, meaning no more tiling. I'm tired of everything being so square, ya know? This means that (like I said before) an inclusion of a z-axis may be needed, with definite analog-directional movement (can be done with d-pad).

For instance, if Kanto is remade again, I would love to see Cinnabar Island completely and totally revamped. IT NEEDS A VOLCANO! And a big one at that! Why in 2nd Gen can you not visit it because a volcano erupted, destroying the island, yet in 1st Gen and the 1st Gen remakes in 3rd Gen, it was completely volcanoless? Poor design right there. The whole world needs to be a lot larger. Towns and Cities need to be two, three, maybe even four times as large. Seriously what kind of town is composed of four buildings? Yeah the **** right.
i agree, although saffron did give the feeling of a large city, am i right?
p.s. hey spire check out the rpg thread did u forget about us?! :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Seriously what kind of town is composed of four buildings? Yeah the **** right.
http://www.pebbleversion.com/Archives/Strip18.html

That's my response to that. Trust me, it's hilarious.

But yeah, I agree. Where was that Volcano? It was there in the TV Show, but...let's not even go there. That's one gripe I had about revisited Kanto in G/S/C though--okay, so let's pretend there was a volcano on Cinnabar in the first place. What happened to the Seafoam Islands? They definitely need to expand towns and cities, but...it probably won't happen.

Spire

III
BRoomer
i agree, although saffron did give the feeling of a large city, am i right?
p.s. hey spire check out the rpg thread did u forget about us?! :laugh:
Honestly, I only have time to come around and post something here and there. I'm getting cut back a lot. I'll try and update when I can. Just tell me your current status with your Pokemon and your inventory through PM, and tell the others to do so too.

EDIT: I got a good laugh out of that Firus, because that's EXACTLY what I think when I see that guy in the game.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lol I think everyone has thought of that while playing pkmn (the lack of houses). anyways that strip was funny haha!
EDIT: I got a good laugh out of that Firus, because that's EXACTLY what I think when I see that guy in the game.
Yeah, I've thought of the same thing myself. There's another hilarious one related to this...I'll see if I can find it.

But yeah, that whole comic is hilarious. I love Pebble Version. Plus, it's one of the few sprite comics I like that has a regular update schedule...*COUGH*InSonicnia*COUGH*
I actually did a Guest Comic for it once, too.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://www.pebbleversion.com/html/Extras.html

Go down to Guest Comics, Guest Comic Contest 4, and "Brendan in Smash Brothers by Firus the Hedgehod". Yeah, he made a typo.

You might not get the joke unless you've read some of the strips. If you're too lazy to read the strips, let's just put it this way; Brendan has a history of bad aim with Poke Balls.

And the best part is, mine was the first picked in the Guest Comic Contest. ;) I don't know if that means anything, but I was pretty pleased.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Cool.

The website isn't working for me today, and as you know my internet has been pretty crappy lately.

I'm getting off for now. I may be on later on my brothers laptop.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
lol they have halarious comic :p Your's was great firusthehedghod :p

That makes me wonder, if they added jhoto would they add kanto as well. 3 regions FTW!!

Secondly the whole volcano thing makes me wonder. What happened to the lab and mansion? Did the whole island get destroyed? Does that mean in a future game we will never be able to visit it again?

They could so make a plot with you going there only to find the volcano erupting and on top of it......Entei.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

That makes me wonder, if they added jhoto would they add kanto as well. 3 regions FTW!!

Secondly the whole volcano thing makes me wonder. What happened to the lab and mansion? Did the whole island get destroyed? Does that mean in a future game we will never be able to visit it again?

They could so make a plot with you going there only to find the volcano erupting and on top of it......Entei.
that would be cool and a good way to implement entei :) I think all previous regions should be available, and if not, then a totally new land, but have jhoto and kanto accessibe.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wi-Fi is okay, getting all of the Pokemon with doing very little outside of one game is kind of nice. I have to say, while completing the National Dex was a task to be sure (yeah, I finally took the initiative to do it--yay!), it really wasn't as difficult as you'd think. The GTS simplified it.

Well, I hear complaints about third gen for going back in that department, but fourth gen did the same thing and uh...Wi-Fi does not make up for it. After the first week, the GTS became a load of Bidoofs and Bibarels with more than enough requests for level 100/9 and under very rare Pokemon. I think third gen, while it took a step back, was at least good still. Fourth gen is...well, refer to Spire's comment.
I haven't even used the GTS... I'm referring to trading with people you know over the internet.

It's a lot better than Ruby when I'd have to spend $30 to even gain access to my favorite Pokemon, Cubone. -_-

Wrath`

Smash Master

Yeah I remember the volcano, but I liked the Idea of the gym being a cave. Most likley they'll just have th island again and have some NPC say "it took us 3 long years to build it back", knowing nintendo.

BThe enit thing would fit perfectly.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
They could have a way to implement all the dogs like this. Suicune ......when you spot it at a muddy lake that it's purifying or near the northern winds or something.

I thought of entei because when a volcano erupts isnt an entei born/ it's caused by entei.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Raikou tho, just putting him in a thunderstorm seem bland, if somehow the weather people in Hoenn had a connection it would be a good impliment, like raikou is the cause thunderstorms only ocurr in that area, wich would solve the mystery of that bad idea of a standstill T storm

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hmmm....raikou is a hard one. How about this........Raikou has gone on a wild rampage, being controlled by team rocket, he is killing all generic fish in hoeen, kanto and jhoto

A)There have been reports of cities where vast amounts of thunder storms have been taking place. The electricity in the citoes are going out. You go to the power plant (if you visit the cities, no one will be outside, lights will be off and thunder will be going off) you see zapdos flying off and raikou trying to return power by using dis-charge or something. The power returns and you see raikou run off/start a battle with you.

B) Same thing as A but this time zapdos and raikou are fighting (thats why the power is going out and thunder storms are starting) from there im not sure but 1 of these 2 things could work

• You take a double battle against them and at the end the both go there sepetwrate ways from there you can catch them somewhere else.
  • You conclude the fight by stepping in, raikou runs away and zapdos goes back to the power plant.

Just some ideas I had. We could make it so that zapdos dosent appear in the 1st place.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hmmm....raikou is a hard one. How about this........Raikou has gone on a wild rampage, being controlled by team rocket, he is killing all generic fish in hoeen, kanto and jhoto

A)There have been reports of cities where vast amounts of thunder storms have been taking place. The electricity in the citoes are going out. You go to the power plant (if you visit the cities, no one will be outside, lights will be off and thunder will be going off) you see zapdos flying off and raikou trying to return power by using dis-charge or something. The power returns and you see raikou run off/start a battle with you.

B) Same thing as A but this time zapdos and raikou are fighting (thats why the power is going out and thunder storms are starting) from there im not sure but 1 of these 2 things could work

• You take a double battle against them and at the end the both go there sepetwrate ways from there you can catch them somewhere else.
  • You conclude the fight by stepping in, raikou runs away and zapdos goes back to the power plant.

Just some ideas I had. We could make it so that zapdos dosent appear in the 1st place.

My Ideas for The Three Legendary Dogs Appearing:
Suicune:
Suicune has been spotted running around hoenn. He is aleways runningon the water, and that is why it is so clean. But he runs into the Elite Four and Is captured by the first trainer there. You battle him at the elite four, and if you beat him, and still have one sppoton your team, you get him. But if you use him in the following battles, he runs away and the battle ends by saying, "Suicune escaped!" After you beat the elite four with only five Pokemon, You have to search the entire region for him. He is at

Entei:
Entei is in Kanto, and made the Volcano erupt.
If you choose to work for team rocket, You are sent to journey into the heart of the volcano to cattch Entei with a POKEBALL. It seems impossible at first, but you have to do it anyways. You walk through the volcano, and all pokemon but fire pokemon get weaker, like with a burn... with every step you take. When you get there, you find that a goody-goody trainer is trying to protect the Entei, by catching it. You battle the trainer, who has all rock type Pokemon(It is Brock at a very high level). When you finally beat him, you have to battle Entei at level 60, and catch him with a special pokeball.

Raikou:
Raikou is at a Power Plant, battling Zapdos, and the above circumstances that Bowser King stated are described. You face them in a double battle, with both of the Pokemon you are fighting withconfusion and half-way HP. You have to defeat one and catch the other. The other will not be available at another time. Zapdos has a special moveset, and has boosted stats. However, Raikou is at level 70. You only get this quest if you are working for the Police as a regular trainer.

I also have ideas for catching Mewtwo:
You find clues about the mmost Powerful Pokemon in existence in a diary, which you are FORCED to read. If you don't take notes, it will be almost impossible to decipher its meaning.
Once you find the meaning of the diary,you realize that the location of this Pokemon lies with....
And it goes blank.
YOu then go on a bunch of missions with every gym leader with you for assisstance.
Once you are done with the last one with Blue, he tells you a secret.
This secret is the key to unlocking the mystery.....
which you need an event item to get if you want MewTwo.
If you want Mew, you can catch it after even more trials... and chasing it. It is available at level 5.
The MewTwo is special though. It has an ability that lets it learn EVERY MOVE. Like Mew.
It can also learn a signature move: Dark Bubble. It is a ? type move that inflicts 120 base damage with STAB at low health. At high haelth, it deals 20 damage with no STAB, but may induce a Flinch. You have to go through one more mission to get it though. It involves the scenario of the first Movie. This is the REAL Mewtwo. It is available at level 80.
When he enters the field in any battle, his theme music comes on. Epic. It even has its own sprite.
What do you think?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hm...

I like everything in Mewter's list except for Suicune. Why don't we just make it so that you have to find Suicune the old fashioned way?

And please, no event Pokemon. For people who live in areas where those may not happen, it's just not fair.

Mewter

Smash Master
Suicune:
Suicune was spotted and hunted down by some remaining Team rocket members who faithfully kept the group intact. At the lead is a former professor, who has now turnd to Team Rocket. They caught Suicune and did some experimentrs on it, in which it turned to either ice type or Flying Type. You have to decide. If you are on The hero side, it is flying. If you're on Rocket's side, it is ice.(Team rocket split into two groups.)
You break into the hideout and defeat all but three members, who flee and trap you with the maddened Suicune. You catch it at Level 65. It knows Psychoboost as a side effect of the experimentations.

Entei:
If you choose to work for team rocket, You are sent to journey into the heart of the volcano to cattch Entei with a POKEBALL. It seems impossible at first, but you have to do it anyways. You walk through the volcano, and all pokemon but fire pokemon get weaker, like with a burn... with every step you take. When you get there, you find that a goody-goody trainer is trying to protect the Entei, by catching it. You battle the trainer, who has all rock type Pokemon(It is Brock at a very high level). When you finally beat him, you have to battle Entei at level 60, and catch him with a special pokeball.

Raikou:
Raikou is at a Power Plant, battling Zapdos, and the above circumstances that Bowser King stated are described. You face them in a double battle, with both of the Pokemon you are fighting withconfusion and half-way HP. You have to defeat one and catch the other. The other will not be available at another time. Zapdos has a special moveset, and has boosted stats. However, Raikou is at level 70. You only get this quest if you are working for the Police as a regular trainer.

You find clues about the mmost Powerful Pokemon in existence in a diary, which you are FORCED to read. If you don't take notes, it will be almost impossible to decipher its meaning.
Once you find the meaning of the diary,you realize that the location of this Pokemon lies with....
And it goes blank.
YOu then go on a bunch of missions with every gym leader with you for assisstance.
If you want Mew, you can catch it after even more trials... and chasing it. It is available at level 5.
The MewTwo is special though. It has an ability that lets it learn EVERY MOVE. Like Mew.
It can also learn a signature move: Dark Bubble. It is a ? type move that inflicts 120 base damage with STAB at low health. At high health, it deals 20 damage with no STAB, but may induce a Flinch. You have to go through one more mission to get it though. It involves the scenario of the first Movie. And you fight a lot of level 60 clones with your own Pokemon. Finally you face Mewtwo. This is the REAL Mewtwo. It is available at level 80.
When he enters the field in any battle, his theme music comes on. Epic. It even has its own sprite.

Arceus:
When you finally get to Orre,(Yes, Orre) you obtaina a snag machine, which everyone is now carrying, as it is a part of a new law inforced by the Government. You go on in your travels, slowly gaining knowledge of the god pokemon, Arceus. If you go on enough sidequests in a certain amount of time instead of your actual quest, (Which is to get Giratina and Palkia) you get a special snag machine, and the chance to catch Dialga. In the Giratina scenario,Palkia opens a rift for you to enter the torn world, and in the Arceus Scenario,Dialga turns back time so you can revisit the time of D/P. You then have to travel to Sinnoh, find the trainer with Arceus,*You have to help him find Arceus, and deliver the Azure flute to him* and Snag it from him. The Arceus has a new form. It looks like a lion with feathered wings, and twenty tails with blades at the end. It is Normal type/Ghost Type. No weaknesses, knows Judgement and a new move, Oblivion. It is a ? type self destruct which downs Arceus and one other Pokemon, and has a base damage total of 400. The arceus itself can change forms, but cannot be nicknamed. Its trainer is Origin. You are then led on a mini epic storyline.

TO be continued...

What do you think now?
Is it good?

PS:Event Pokemon Tickets are distributed on the Wi/Fi every day, everywhere wher Wi/fi is available for the things described above..

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Suicune:
Suicune has been spotted running around hoenn. He is aleways runningon the water, and that is why it is so clean. But he runs into the Elite Four and Is captured by the first trainer there. You battle him at the elite four, and if you beat him, and still have one sppoton your team, you get him. But if you use him in the following battles, he runs away and the battle ends by saying, "Suicune escaped!" After you beat the elite four with only five Pokemon, You have to search the entire region for him. He is at

Entei:

Raikou:

And it goes blank.
It can also learn a signature move: Dark Bubble. It is a ? type move that inflicts 120 base damage with STAB at low health. At high haelth, it deals 20 damage with no STAB, but may induce a Flinch. You have to go through one more mission to get it though. It involves the scenario of the first Movie. This is the REAL Mewtwo. It is available at level 80.
What do you think?
Cool, you upgraded on what I had and it's really good. The only thing I dislike is how to get suicune (although better then mine) and the idea that you cant get a certain legendary if you take a certain path. It makes it a really hard decission on weither you want to get raikou or entei.

My idea is that you can get the legends in which ever path you take but there both for a diffrent reason (BAD- You want to get entei so you can cause further destruction and cause more eruptions, GOOD- You want to stop entei cause he has gone berserk from team rocket and in the way you face many rocket grunts until you reach the top to face him).

As for suicunes story how about this-
Problems has been happening everywhere from ho-oh. Scientists say only suicune can calm it. You spot suicune at the most top point of the region (if combined regions, snowpoint) there you see the northern winds and suicune on a edge of a cliff. It spots you and runs. You follow it to the burnt tower (thats the place where ho-oh was right?) only to find suicune trying to calm ho-oh. You battle with suicune to calm it down and then...

• Suicune disides to stay with you and joins your team/is sent to storage
  • Suicune runs off and now you are able to catch it in the wild the normal way

EDIT: Not really a fan of arceus's story :/ mainly due to snag machine. That should stay away from the portables.

Mewter

Smash Master
Cool, you upgraded on what I had and it's really good. The only thing I dislike is how to get suicune (although better then mine) and the idea that you cant get a certain legendary if you take a certain path. It makes it a really hard decission on weither you want to get raikou or entei.

My idea is that you can get the legends in which ever path you take but there both for a diffrent reason (BAD- You want to get entei so you can cause further destruction and cause more eruptions, GOOD- You want to stop entei cause he has gone berserk from team rocket and in the way you face many rocket grunts until you reach the top to face him).

As for suicunes story how about this-
Problems has been happening everywhere from ho-oh. Scientists say only suicune can calm it. You spot suicune at the most top point of the region (if combined regions, snowpoint) there you see the northern winds and suicune on a edge of a cliff. It spots you and runs. You follow it to the burnt tower (thats the place where ho-oh was right?) only to find suicune trying to calm ho-oh. You battle with suicune to calm it down and then...

• Suicune disides to stay with you and joins your team/is sent to storage
  • Suicune runs off and now you are able to catch it in the wild the normal way

EDIT: Not really a fan of arceus's story :/ mainly due to snag machine. That should stay away from the portables.
Alright, for the snag machine.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The only pokes I think require a story are birds, dogs, golems, mewtwo, lake trio, dialga, palkia, giratina, ho-oh and lugia. The rest IMO aren't important enough and plus with every legendary in the game we cant give them all a story.

maybe mew and arceus could have one.

Mewter

Smash Master
The only pokes I think require a story are birds, dogs, golems, mewtwo, lake trio, dialga, palkia, giratina, ho-oh and lugia. The rest IMO aren't important enough and plus with every legendary in the game we cant give them all a story.

maybe mew and arceus could have one.
Fine.
I'll take it upon myself to work on it.:laugh:

It will be in my first post for the time being.
If I make a thread out of it.... which I could... I'll move it there.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We really dont need one. If it revolves around 5th Gen, keep it here. We don't want it like the past next gen threads. Though I would atleast ask Spire about it.

Oh and as for stories, I'm there to help to :p

Mewter

Smash Master
We really dont need one. If it revolves around 5th Gen, keep it here. We don't want it like the past next gen threads. Though I would atleast ask Spire about it.

Oh and as for stories, I'm there to help to :p
Cool.
I wonder If I can turn my first post here into a section for this?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I don't thik any of the legendaries should have a story. If they do, then a very minute one, more of a side-adventure than a must-complete, like in 2nd gen.
My ideas.

*Note: All legendaries are available forcapture MORE THAN ONCE. No one-of-a-kinds. EXCEPT Mewtwo. I only say this because Mewtwo is a clone and realistically, there only CAN be one--right?

For one: I think legendaries should be breedable with Ditto--anyone agree/disagree? Idk though-if they aren't one-of-a-kind's, then it doesn't matter.

Entei: Volcanoes should be littered across the map. In Kanto, you can only find Entei on Cinnabar Island, if you haven't yet encountered one. An erupting volcanoe signals you that an Entei is in that vicinity. Entei can be found even in dormant volcanoes, but is rarer, and does not appear as a sprite on the field (or whatever it is called; the area you walk around on haha). Entei can range from levels 3 to 40 (craaazy) when in a dormant volcanoe, but in an erupting one, the Entei causing the eruption is considerably stronger, and can be caught at levels 60-75. In some of the harder volcanic areas of the game, strong trainers may have an Entei in their roster.

Raiku: I like the battle idea between Raiku and Zapdos. Here's my own idea. During storms (another weather concept I thought of), Raiku can be found at the front of the storm, standing right on the edge of the cloud's shadow. Raiku leads the storm from one area to the next. Until you gain certain abilities or something, Raiku will always flee when he sees you approach (from the main map once again). Once you gain a certain ability or something like that, you can then approach Raiku, and challenge it to a battle. A Raiku will be leading every thunder storm in the game.
Fun-idea: If you have a party full of pokemon with the static ability or whatever (the one that paralyzes foes on contact), and you use enough of them in battle, whether they get k.o.'d or not, you may attract a Raiku with all the static. The magnet pokemon also appear frequently for a short time after. Note: Every time Raiku appears in the wild, a thunderstor is literally right behind him, or nearby. I think when battling, Raiku should also cause a thunderstorm to apper. It affects flying and water-types badly, and says something like "Fearow was damaged due to static in the air" or something like hat, and of course it powers up electric-based moves. Raiku in the front of storms is always at level 50, while raiku's around storms or in them are found at levels 5-40.

Suicune: This legendary is found very rarely at lakes/streams/rivers. NOT oceans. when suicune is in the area, local grass types have more health, and water types as well, and water types are a bit stronger. (This would also be a great way to raise/train pokemon, by catching them whilea suicune is around). The slightly altere pokemon stats are due to Suicune's presence "purifying" the water, therefore giving the surround plant and grass pokemon life more nurishment. Suicune is found at levels 5-50, probably depending on the area of the game. Also, in areas where grimer/muk usually appear, if a suicune is around, these pokemon will temporarily be unavailable, as in you won't see them, due to the pure water.
Note: Will NOT be found EVER in marsh areas.

Ho-oh: Ho-oh can only be found by leavig the rainbow wing in the burned tower, and then checking back every once in a while, to see if one has roosted there. I suppose in canyon-like areas, Ho-oh can be found resting in hard-to-reach places. Ho-oh appears at levels 30-60, depending on the area.

Lugia: Lugia is found maily at the whirl islands (or whatever it was called that you find him in in silver). Lugia is found at/near the place he originally was hiding, and also, the water in and around the caves is divable, so you can search for more canyons/Lugia's slumbering in the deep. If you come across a sleeping Lugia, you can still attack it as it slumbers, but it will wake up perhaps before one attack. When Lugia is in an aquatc environment, a whirlpool is formed and damages all pokemon excluding Lugia. However, the whirlpool disapears when Lugia is removed from battle.

Celebi: Available only in the same forest it is found in through Nintendo events, but no events are necessary. Celebi can appear at any given time, but rarely happens. You 'talk' to teh box it appears from, and it'll float down from the screen if it's around. If not... try again later. Celebi is found at level 30, and is recatchable. if you fail to catch it and it retreats (25% chance it will), it can appear in any forest in any region. Once you encounter one Celebi, others will be catchable at teh same spot, and in turn any forest that first Celebi visits. if you catch teh first celebi beforeit retreats, then other celebis won't appear anywehre except that one spot, until one retreats to other locations.

Mew: Found at the bottom of Lake Rage. The lake is now divable (only at the middle). Mew is VERY rare, and will appear as a sprite on the main map. Mew can avoid any ball besides the master ball (This may be farfetched). Mew appears atlevel 5 the first time you encounter it, and others are VERY rare afterwards, but can appear ANYWHERE, and always show as a sprite on the main map. They can appear in completely unaccessible areas (although won't happen much, but when it does, it's just to spite you), such as on top of a house's roof, or can appear in front of your house's door. Mew appears at levels3-15. Mew is the rarest pokemon. When you defeat the elite four for teh first time, Professor Birch explains a strange pokemon is sighted at the lake of rage. the dive spot is where the red garados used to be found.

Mewtwo: the only one-of-a-kind pokemon. this pokemon may have a story (not a huge one though). it's story is after breaking free from it's creators grasp, it was locked by Lance and the elite four in a dungeon until a trainer who was strong enough (proven by defeating it's captors) entered the dungeon, and attempted to catch it. The trainer used a very very strong team of pokemon, and was actually able to defeat Mewtwo. Mewtwo allowed itself to be captured, after seeing it' opponent was worthy. However, mewtwo longed to be free, so the trainer (Red) released it to the wild once more. Mewtwo, after roaming the lands for many years, returns to the Unknown Dungeon, and is trapped inside by Lance (who thinks he escaped). Once you defeat Lance, you are able to once again try to free mewtwo....by capturing it.
Fun-idea: Mewtwo is capturable with the master ball, but if youuse that, it wil take a VERY long time for him to start liking you. If you use a pokeball, he will submit fully to you and warm up to you very quickly. With increased catch-success rate, you lose respect from Mewtwo, and you gain time needed to earn it back.

Articuno: Can be found in harsh, extremely cold conditions, and only when you are about to black out (sorry I stole someone else's idea! If you thought of it, by all means, take credit where credit is due [here]!). FYI: Trainer 'blacks out' when he himself is exposed to conditions for too long. When he loses all party members,he 'whites out'. Articuno, no matter what, will return you to a Pokecenter. If you catch it, it will return you to a pokecenter to heal (the nearest one) and be stord. If you defeat it completely, you'll go to the map, but then text on the screenw will say "Articuno ate a berry" or something like that, and then Articuno will rescue you from a blackout. If it defeats you, then your character will wake up in a pokecenter (nearest one, once again), and you will have no idea how you got there (but that's any time your defeated). Articuno can also be found any where during a blizzard, but once again, only if you are about to 'black-out.'. Actually, Articuno should still be able 2 be found if not about to black out. Howeve, it's a VERY VERY rare find. Articuno can be found of course in the seafoam islands (I think I already mentioned that), and in a added-on room of Ice Path.

Zapdos: Can be found in highly magnetic/static areas and in teh eye of thunderstorms (which are lead by Raiku). You access Zapdos by using fly when you get to the eye of the storm (a slightly less chaotic/still rainy/stormy environment). It will show your character fly offscreen, but will then allow you to fly on another 'map' that is far off the ground, showing the landscape below as a silhoutte. You can travel freely. Then Zapdos flies to you (as an on-map sprite), and the match begins. Now, either A) You must have another flying pokemon/pokemon with levitate ability to fight Zapdos (due to the one your riding can't fight with you riding and non-flying/levitate types can't float/fly themselves), or the fight goes back to the ground. In any case, a thunderstorm invironment would be the battle scene here. Zapdos can be found at levels 5-60, depending on the Raiku leading the storm.

Moltres: Can be found in harsh, extremely hot/volcanic environments, and by using fly in windy areas (see idea I mentioned earlier...or ask me if you'd like me to explain again). Moltres can be found at levels 5-50. and...that's pretty much there is to it for this one...

Regirock: Is found at it's original spot at original level, but also found in Mount Moon in the same area/around the area where clefairies can be found dancing or whatever. Regirock is found at levels 30-50, and is quite rare. (As in rarer than most legendaries.) Regirock could also be the cause of the landslide event that I mentined earlier. also ask me about that ;) .

Regice: Found at original spot at original level, but can also VERY RARELY be found on Ice Path, and at the seafoam islands. At snowpoint, Regice can be found near the dock at Snowpoint during a blizzard (reasoning-blizzard + sea = lots of ice :) ).

Registeel: Found in original spot at original level. Also can be found inside Mount Coronet, Mount Silver, and the Unknown Dungeon (very rar here).

Fun-idea: About the 3rd Gen. Regi's, I think they should all be findable in the unknown ruins in Jhoto.

Latias: Found originally roosting in Bellsprout Tower from Jhoto. After approached, it flees. After you K.O./capture the first Latias, more become available in all regions, Hoenn especially.

Latios: Found originally roosting in Bellsprout Tower from Jhoto. After approached, it flees. After you K.O./capture the first Latios, more become available in all regions, Hoenn especially.

Kyogre: Can be found in original place at original level, and can also very very rarely be found roaming open ocean (as a sprite of course). Found at leves 5-40.

Groudon: Can be found in original place at original level, and can also very very rarely be found roaming the land NEAR volcanoes, as a sprite on the main map. Found at levels 5-40.

Rayquaza: Can NOT be found where it originally was. At levels 15-70, Rayquaza can be found using only the flying method I suggested earlier. Ask about it if you don't recall. :)

Jirachi: After you catch Celebi, go to the Onix Rock (forgot where it is exactly--anyways it's a memorial to an onix that supposedly died there and became a statue). If Celebi is first in your party, then Jirachi will appear, at level 5. After that encounter, as long as you have Celebi first in your party, Jiraci will appear around Onix Rock at levels 5-15. Why Onix rock? I don't know. Make up a story if you like! Or ask me to and I will :)

Deoxys: Found on a strange Meteor that crashlands after completing a certain event. The meteor crash lands on Mt. Moon, where the Clefairies dance.

Rotom: Can be found where originally found at the original level, and can also be found at levels 15-20 in Rock Tunnel, but with a catch. the HM Flash can't be used--you have to search for it in the dark, and after so long in the dark, your character 'black's out'. Rotom is kinda deep in the cave as well, like almost halfway through. Rotom can also be found at the other end of Rock Tunnel, in Lavender town at night, inside the local's TV's.

Uxie: Same as in-game, and same rules apply as Mew, but Uxie is slightly more common.

Mesprit: Same as in-game, and same rules apply as Mew, but Mesprit is slightly more common.

Azelf: Same as in-game, and same rules apply as Mew, but Azelf is slightly more common.

Note: The above three should be available in the unknown ruins of Sinnoh as well.

Dialga: Depending on the day, it will appear at night and early morning at the sky pillar. This is the only place and time it will appear, but you can return every other time the conditions are right, and catch another one, at levels 40-60, depending on your current party.

Palkia: Depending on the day, it will appear late in the evening at the sky pillar. This is the only place and time it will appear, but you can return every other time the conditions are right, and catch another one, at levels 40-60, depending on your current party.

Note: The days for the above.
Dialga: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Palkia: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Creselia: Found at the same place as in-game, but no event necessary. Also, can be found at the Spear Pillar on Sundays ONLY, in the evening, at level 5-50, randomly, and only after you have faced Dialga or Palkia. Here's how the level is determined:
Faced Dialga last: Randomly, level 5-24
Faced Palkia last: Randomly, level 25-50

Heatran: Born when a volcanoe erupts (due to Entei). Is ONLY a sprite on main-screen, and can be obtained shortly before an eruption by finding it's egg in the bottom/center of a volcanoe, or at level 5 when a volcanoe is erupting. Shortly after the end of an eruption, Heatran can be found at levels 10-15, but not for long, and soon becomes impossibe to find until the next eruption.

Regigigas (ALMOST DONE!!!): Can be found at Snowpoint Temple, with Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, acquired at in their respective temples, at level 60 (this is a oncer--at least at this location). Can also be found very rarely near the middle of Mount Silver.

Giratina: Turnback cave (no events necessary). Also, at the cemetary island in Hoenn, at level 80. Yea! Powerfu (Debatable, for sure)! I dont' necessaryily want it to be better than Mewtwo.

Phione: Available in the three great lakes of Sinnoh by diving. VERY rare. Just a smidge more common than mew. Can also be found in the area Mew is encountered in the lake of rage. Can occasionally be found just outside of pallet town--surf to Cinnabar!

Manaphy: Found in divable areas near seafoam islands, Snowpoint, and the whirl islands in Jhoto.

Darkrai: On Tuesdays only, can be found at the sight of the dancing Clefairies on Mt. Moon, and also at the top of Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town, where it will always be accompanied by a level 30 Marowak. Also found (once) on New Moon Island, at level 50.

Shayman: Same as in-game, but no event necessary. Also EXTREMELY rare in flowery fields, a bit more common near Valley Windworks.

Arceus: Found in the Hall of Origin. The Hall of Origin is accessed only after completing the main game and gaining access to Unknown Dungeon, where Mewtwo will be faught once more. You MUST capture Mewtwo in order to access Arceus (doing so with a Pokeball/Great ball is recomended, as Mewtwo will preform better the more it trust/respects/likes you). When you get to "wherever you go 2 find the hall in 4th gen.), Team Rocket accompanied by a team of scientists rush by in a group of helicopters. Mewtwo recognizes Lance, chasing the helicopters on DRAGONITE. Mewtwo gives chase, taking you with it, wishing to extract revenge on the one who imprisoned him. Note: Mewtwo is allowed out of his pokeball (like what I was talking about earlier for smaller pokemon...ask if you don't know about) specifically for this event (so obviously you need Mewtwo with you). When you reach the Hall (which is a encased in a stone prison, barred, gold doors blocking the gates), you find Lance defeated by the Rockets, behind the group, Giovanni emerges. He rambles on about how he's been in hiding, and researching about the one Pokemon capable of surpassing them all. He sets Dialga's and Palkia's orbs in to slots on the golden gates, and places the silver wing and rainbow wing (feather) in two slots as well. He also takes the items you get to summon Kyogre/Groudon and places them in slots along the doors. He then takes a specially made ball (the one required to be crafted in order to obtain Celebi), and places it in a middle slot. He then turns to you and Mewtwo and says how the profecy required one who surpassed the rarest of all (Mew) to pry the doors open. You then battle Giovanni (who has a VERY strong team). After defeat, he and the rockets/scientists SEEM to leave. Mewtwo then, acting of his own accord, pry's the gates open using telekinesis. Lance (who was previously defeated by Giovanni) states that Mewtwo seems to be throwing a gelous anddangerous rage. Basically--Mewtwo vs. Arceus. Creation vs. Creator. Arceus is NOT catchable during this battle. As Mewtwo ALONE, you must defeat Arceus without items. give him a good power-up before the confrontation. the reason it's just mewtwo is because the main cahracter isn't controlling him, he is acting by himself (it's just you get to play it out). After Mewtwo defeats Arceus, Arceus fleas, and Giovanni is convinced the legends about Arceus musn't be true, if Mewtwo was able to defeat it. Arceus then acts like the legendary dogs, fleeing across the countryside. Arceus can be caught more than once. How? the scientists enter the Hall of Origin, and extract Arceus DNA... Same as with Mew... >:] NOT saying an Arceustwo should be created. BUT this plot DOES kinda make it practical, does it not? Anyways, more arceus' become available due to new cloning by the scientists.

and there you go. My legendary-encounters list. Sorr that it was sooo ****ing long!

edit: I realised Arceus contradicts with the fisrt thing I said--legendaries shouldn't have a major story. However, I feel that this is epic in a sense that it would work out. After all,it is NOT the trainer that is fighting said "god". :l No need for god. that's why I have mewtwo prove the legend wrong ;)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I honestly stop reading your post when you said legendaries should be availible for capture for more than once... sorry...

I mean, that would kinda take the LEGENDARY part out, right?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Same here. Realistically there can only be one poke-god, how is it possible for you to get 10.

Oh and if pokes don't get a story we will have 25 other heatreans and cresselia's.

Mewter

Smash Master
*cough*5000 unhacked Dialgas*Cough*
20 thousand celebis.
only three bulbasaurs.:dizzy:
only four pikachus.
only 9 vulpixes.
The common pokemon become legendary!

Top Bottom