• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want my giant mish mash of every gen slammed into one.

I wanna go to every region in one game.

I want to be able to complete the whole **** pokedex in one game without having to trade version exclusives.

Where is my perfect pokemon game?
You're going to have to wait until Gamefreak is satisfied with a set amount of Pokemon before this will happen.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Meh, I'm also kinda against the whole color thing. I know if they went on it'd sound crazy, but color's just too simplistic for me.
inb4lynch /mafia

Also, I'd imagine R/S remakes come out 2013-ish? FR/LG came out nearly 10 years after R/G did, and so did HG/SS.

But y'know, I want Colosseum 3 already. >:/

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want Pokemon Stadium 3, Pokemon Snap 2, and Hey You, Pachirisu! but that's not going to happen.

That last one was a total joke, but it rhymed so I had to do it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i want a waterproof pokewalker bundled with this game

if its out this fall though and a normal rpg, its seriously too soon. unless its not a standard entry to the series

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Yeahh but Colosseum 3 isn't a total impossibility. I loved the story it had going on with Shadow Pokemon and stuff. It was the darkest it ever got to Pokemon; I'd want to totally relive that with Gen 4-5 now.

As for the others, Stadium 3 would be amazing, but I think people would bs you on Battle Revolution, which sucked. Pokemon Snap, no matter how much I LOVED that game, is generally opposed to having a remake. Which I kinda find absurd since I'm sure most, if not everyone would love a sequel.

Lol @ Hey You, Pachirisu. Maybe on the 3DS, who knows. :p

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I wonder how people are to react to more sales of pokemon White then Black :laugh:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm really please with the titles. Like, really. Instead of going further into something more fancy than a diamond or pearl, they went to something simple, two colors that are in clear contrast of one another. Love it.

This is gonna be awesome.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I wonder how people are to react to more sales of pokemon White then Black :laugh:
If the Pokemon on the box looks cooler, I'm in for some Pokemon White. Because that's seriously how I chose all my first games so far. Either that or I liked the color itself more (like in the case of Sapphire (my birthstone) and Silver, although I've done a 180 for Silver and now prefer Gold).

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Ah wow, I'm so stoked about this. I'm definitely loving the new title colors.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't ruin Pokémon, like a Pokémon named Applishious that's an apple.

But I don't care. i'M PSYCHED!

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder if they'll have a GB graphics mode so it's really Black and White.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That would be amazing.

So my current theory: Black and White, as opposites in themselves, will have the most differences of any Pokemon games released together thus far. Black have a darker feel and storyline, and have like more Dark-type exclusive Pokemon, and White will have a more "friendly" storyline to it, with thigns like more Psychic exclusives. Whilst the games and storylines would be similiar, each would have its own unique twist.

I would love to see this.

Tacel

Smash Lord
That would be amazing.

So my current theory: Black and White, as opposites in themselves, will have the most differences of any Pokemon games released together thus far. Black have a darker feel and storyline, and have like more Dark-type exclusive Pokemon, and White will have a more "friendly" storyline to it, with thigns like more Psychic exclusives. Whilst the games and storylines would be similiar, each would have its own unique twist.

I would love to see this.
That's a great idea and I would love to see that.

Or, in White your rival is Black, and in Black, your rival is white, and depending on which game you get, the point of view is different.

Both options would be awesome, in my opinion, but I think I like UltiMario's better.

Wrath`

Smash Master
White too me sounds like we will get that light type, the titles are just begging for the clash of dark vs light.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I guess electricity could fall under the light category.
Sort of.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I think a Light-type doesn't exist because the Dark-type created its own set of Light-types. Most of us just don't consider them the Light-types because they prefer their already given names in "Fighting" and "Psychic".

I'm pretty sure we covered this concept multiple times in the type weakness/resistance thread.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If anything, I think some normals like Clefairy and Clefable ect would be Light-type pokemon...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I can see the whole Dark and Ghost hitting super effective on it, and then Light hitting Super effective back, sorta like Ghost or dragon.

Too bad Gamefreak has confirmed dozens of times since GSC that there will be no new type additions after Dark and Steel, and they find the type chart balanced enough as is.

Wrath`

Smash Master
But if there's Light Type Pokemon then what would be their weakness?
light should be SE against: Ice(Leave and ice cube in the sun and melts), Dark( that whole good over evil thang), Ghost (Obvious right?) Poison( removing poisons from the body can include lasers or other wavelengths of light)

Light should do NVE damages vs Water(refracts light, also deeper you get int he ocean, the less light you see). Grass( hey, Photosynthesis), Ground(If I hide in a hole no light gets through, or a cave too), Steel(reflect that shizz back at em)

Light should be weak to Dark( the whole cliche concept would work well, plus it might spice up the meta game with two type both effective against each other), Grass (As mentioned above, SOAK UP THE SUN!!!!)

I can't logically think of anything else it could be weak to.

UberMario

Smash Master
I can see the whole Dark and Ghost hitting super effective on it, and then Light hitting Super effective back, sorta like Ghost or dragon.

Too bad Gamefreak has confirmed dozens of times since GSC that there will be no new type additions after Dark and Steel, and they find the type chart balanced enough as is.
That isn't a half bad idea having it work like Dragon types, but for some reason I think it'll be one way in Light's favor rather than a dual super effective combination.

Also it'd be nice if made the storyline similar to what you said where both games behave differently.

BTW, anyone think we might get colored cartridges again? I was kind of disappointed that the 4th gen games didn't.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Clefairy does seem like it would fit naturally in the "light" category. But on the flip side, aren't they more active at night. Ya know, with their moon worshiping nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom