• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well since the 3DS is going to be 100% backwards compatible with the DS games (excluding ones that used the rumble feature or had an external peripheral) and at the very least the non-camera using DSiWare, I see no reason for it not to be something akin to the Game Boy Color where it works with both, but with added features (the 3D effects) for the more recent system. Game Freak did say they got developers kits for the 3DS so that seems to be pretty probable, either that or the 5th Gen is going to be less than two years long (unlikely) or Pokemon Gray will have 3D Effects while it's two companion games do not.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's speculated, but there's not even proof they'll make a third game for the generation, although I doubt they wouldn't based on past experience.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can feel the hype coming back...

Dammit I thought I had gotten rid of you after HGSS came out :mad:

Here comes several months of ripping my hair out for this to come out :(

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
What I'd really like to see in these new games are more character options.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I wish you could choose to change clothes this time. Most of the time, I really hate the wardrobe of these guys...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
[4:20:05 PM] Pearl: its for the DS too, odd, will probably work like G/S and have added features for the 3DS
[4:21:29 PM] toasty_toaster_man: It's probably been in development since before D/P came out. Since D/P uses an upgraded GBA engine. They're probably making a new one from the ground up this time

Holy ****, I didn't know that. Can't wait to see what it looks like/plays like/the new engine allows.

EDIT

Nintendo encourages refining old engines rather than building brand new ones for every game
[4:23:38 PM] toasty_toaster_man: They even got Sega to use the Super Monkey Ball engine for F-Zero A/GX
[4:23:53 PM] Pearl: xDDD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, D/P came into production when FR/LG were released.

So I'm going to say that Bk/W have been in production since Platinum's release, work out about the same, right?

M.K

Level 55
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These names are classy and sleek. I love.
Everyone on Serebii is talking about how it's going to need to change because of racist....idealisms that are probably far more likely to occur here than in the, ahem, more culturally homogeneous Japan.

*Cough*
But OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG YESSS!

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing racist about it. Some people just need to get over themselves lol. We have white and black colored Nintendo DS's, why not the same for a game.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I'm gonna end up getting whichever one my friends don't get (or better version exclusives).

M.K

Level 55
Oh, and most definitely (unless the version exclusives are some weird balance of good and sucky) getting White Version.

IF IF IF they do end up changing the names for America (there will always be some type of racist remarks, but there is a chance) then I hope it goes to Ebony and Ivory. :3

But White is great too.
White.
Leader White wants to battle!
Leader White sends out ZOROARK!
:D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I see several Ninja edits in the last few posts

lol

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The third game is going to be Pokemon Starmie. With 23 legendaries as Starmie. The Pokemon not included are everything that isn't Starmie.

It's just a game with Starmie basically.

---

Choosing between versions is going to be super tough for me. D: I at least had previous experiences to go on when choosing HG, but this is all new... I guess I'll have to see the version exclusives and make my decision off of that.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Ebony and Ivory can be Black and White version's remakes fifteen years from now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm still not falling to the Starmie Revolution. I be the Starmie Resistance (emphasis on the french accent)

EbonyBlack and IvoryWhite?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm still not falling to the Starmie Revolution. I be the Starmie Resistance (emphasis on the french accent)
Follow the Lanturn Revolution then! It's essentially the Starmie Resistance!

:D

As for this topic, I actually love the names Ebony and Ivory. I think those would be incredible. Much better than black and white imo.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

EbonyBlack and IvoryWhite?
Join the :mad:s roach
:mad:>starmie
Also, We , The :mads: are the starmie resistance
Ill make you a :mad: lanturn if you wanna join, kupo :mad: :)

Tacel

Smash Lord
Aerodactyl Revolution!

And yes. Ebony and Ivory sounds better than black and white.

EDIT: Yes! :mad: Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom