• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Ok. I'll consider Slowbro over Lanturn and switching Serperior around with Victreebel. :)

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could Pokegen me a Timid Snivy with the following IV spread:

HP - ATK - DEF - SPA - SPD - SPE

FIRE: 31 - 30 - 31 - 30 - 30 - 31

I'd do it myself but my DS won't connect to wifi when I input the DNS that's asked for. Thanks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I did a couple more World Leaders Tourneys, but I learned the hard way that Safeguard does NOT stop Outrage's confusion side effect, so that pretty much messed up my Choice Scarf Dragonite strategy.

Anyway, for some odd reason, it always seems like I have an easier time with the World Leaders Tournament if I'm using a Trick Room team, especially if the tournament is under the rotation battle rules.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for the double post, but I've managed to win the Champions Tournament under the triple battle rules, utilizing a Sandstorm team. Basically, the team was composed of...

Excadrill; Sand Rush ability
Hippowdon; Sand Stream ability
Stoutland; Sand Rush ability; Muscle Band item
Aerodactyl; Choice Band item
Terrakion; Focus Sash item
Magneton; Sturdy ability; Eviolite item

My opponents were Lance, Wallace, and Red, in that very order. Magneton didn't get much use though, but it was there for special attack purposes, especially in the case of Wallace, but of course, my Stoutland did have Wild Charge in its arsenal. And of course, the sandstorm does help Aerodactyl and Terrakion withstand more special attacks, thanks to the special defense boost that's given to the Rock-types.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I've been winning Champions under double battle rules as well.

Serperior (Grass Gem)
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Taunt
-Leaf Storm

Honchkrow (Focus Sash)
-Protect
-Sucker Punch
-Astonish (need more shards for Heat Wave)
-Fly (never used it)

Milotic (Nevermeltice)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover

Flygon (Choice Scarf)
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Fire Blast (never used it)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honchkrow can get Brave Bird as an egg move, but that does require you to get a male Starly, or its evolutions. Then again, that would render Focus Sash useless, which would leave you with getting Drill Peck as an alternative attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really keep track of the competitive environment very much.

Anyway, I did do some Type Expert Tourneys the other day, with one of them specializing with Steel-types. During that tourney, my Durant got a rude awakening against an Aggron who had Fire Blast. Even with the Occa Berry, that Aggron wiped out my Durant with one hit, and it wasn't even a critical hit, which obviously meant that it specialized in special attacks. At least when my Durant went up against Byron's Bastiodon, it was able to survive Bastiodon's Fire Blast with the Occa Berry.

Apparently, the PWT has its set of unorthodox Pokemon movesets, as you'd never really expect an Aggron to use special attacks.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've also been doing type experts. so far I've done psychic and I'm working on grass now with EVs (rotation battles)
Psychic (finished first try with this team at least)
Bronzong
Alakazam
Xatu
Starmie

Grass
Exeggutor
Venasaur
Parasect
Ludicolo

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've also done the Normal-type tournament, under the double battle rules, utilizing the following Pokemon...

Zangoose; Choice Scarf; Close Combat
Ambipom; Normal Gem; Fake Out + Low Sweep
Staraptor; Fighting Gem; Close Combat
Swellow; Toxic Orb; Protect + Facade + Brave Bird

I must say, if you can put any Normal-types who have Fighting-type attacks into your team, the Normal-type tournament becomes less troublesome, especially when you take into account that Norman's Slaking is holding the Eject Button.

Anyway, I am pretty surprised that you don't see any Zangoose users at all at the Battle Subway, nor is it a rental choice at the PWT, as it is quite dangerous if you're not careful.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If it's in-game, in here should be fine. If it's for competitive, make an RMT in the Battle Tower.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't really keep track of the competitive environment very much.

Anyway, I did do some Type Expert Tourneys the other day, with one of them specializing with Steel-types. During that tourney, my Durant got a rude awakening against an Aggron who had Fire Blast. Even with the Occa Berry, that Aggron wiped out my Durant with one hit, and it wasn't even a critical hit, which obviously meant that it specialized in special attacks. At least when my Durant went up against Byron's Bastiodon, it was able to survive Bastiodon's Fire Blast with the Occa Berry.

Apparently, the PWT has its set of unorthodox Pokemon movesets, as you'd never really expect an Aggron to use special attacks.
Didn't Riddle once make an Ubers team with Aggron back in Gen IV? I think he did pretty decently with it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
IIRC there is a Deoxys event out.

Also, I finished the Tourneys, they were quite annoying because I ended up breeding Pokemon for it. Also beat most of Post Game with a Dark team.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've managed to win more than half of the Type Expert tourneys now, with my latest victory being the Rock-type tourney.

Amusingly, my Rock-type team included a Solrock, which had Trick Room in hand to assist my slower Rock-types, such as Rhyperior, Aggron, and Gigalith. I also had a Tyranitar and an Aerodactyl, but their reliance on Trick Room was quite minimal, especially in Aerodactyl's case.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Japanese copies only, folks.

Yeesh, I really need to get back to this game. I haven't played this since launch day.
What's the procedure for getting Deoxys?

Edit: Dang it. I read up on it. It's not just Japanese copies...you also need to go to the AEON malls in Japan. -_-

Double Edit:
Japan gets all the best stuff, and that includes the legendaries for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions. Now that Japanese players have their hands on Kyogre and Groudon, Deoxys is next up, in the form of a Wi-Fi event.

November 21st to January 10th, players in Japan have the chance to pick up Kyogre and Groudon, the mascot Pokemon of Ruby and Sapphire. In the guts of that, however, is the reveal of yet another Wi-Fi event, Deoxys. Like those other two dudes, Deoxys is at level 100, but unlike them, it has a more Deoxys-like move set, including Psycho Boost, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, and Recover.

So, it'll probably be best for being a Speed Forme sweeper, recovering the Special Attack loss of Psycho Boost with Nasty Plots. Its ability, Pressure, doesn't really help in that, since it is best for stalling out the PP usage of other Pokemon, but hey, you take what you can get.

Deoxys will also be holding a Life Orb, which boosts damage by about 30%, but also costs 10% max HP per attack.

It also appears to be held in a Dusk Ball, but it may be a Cherish Ball, since that's what event Pokemon tend to be held in.

There's no word as to whether this Deoxys will be headed Stateside, but it's not impossible. Last event in the US was Genesect from October 7th to November 12th, so... keep an eye out!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've managed to win more than half of the Type Expert tourneys now, with my latest victory being the Rock-type tourney.

Amusingly, my Rock-type team included a Solrock, which had Trick Room in hand to assist my slower Rock-types, such as Rhyperior, Aggron, and Gigalith. I also had a Tyranitar and an Aerodactyl, but their reliance on Trick Room was quite minimal, especially in Aerodactyl's case.
what types have you beaten
I'm reworking on my pearl to get some more Pokemon...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
what types have you beaten
I'm reworking on my pearl to get some more Pokemon...
I have the following done...

Normal: Double battle
Grass: Triple battle
Fighting: Triple battle
Poison: Triple battle
Ground: Triple battle
Flying: Triple battle
Psychic: Triple battle
Bug: Triple battle
Rock: Triple battle
Ghost: Rotation battle
Dragon: Triple battle
Steel: Double battle

As you can probably tell, I'm not a big fan of single battles, as they don't offer you the type of strategies that you can utilize in the other battle formats.

Edit: I've managed to win the Dark-type triple battle tourney, utilizing the following Pokemon...

Scrafty
Shiftry
Murkrow
Weavile
Drapion
Hydreigon

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm the opposite, haha. I cleared all the single battles :p

PWT did a decent job bringing back some old tunes. Gen 3 music doesn't get nearly as much credit as it deserves. Would love to see a remake of Gen 3 as it was my favourite!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The rental tourneys are quite hard though, since you need to get very lucky with what Pokemon you're using, along with what your opponents will use.

However, the reward for winning the rental tourneys is quite lackluster, despite of its hard difficulty; 1-2 BP for the Rental tourney; 2-3 BP for the Rental Masters tourney.

By the way, I've noticed that practically every rental Pokemon has an IV value of 20 for all of their stats, with a lot of them having 255 EVs for two different stats.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Black 2 or White 2 yet, but I am curious, what is N's role in this game? How long after the original games do these take place?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
They're set 2 years after the originals. As for N, he doesn't have much of a role other than being your source for the legendary dragon that combines with Kyurem to create the form on the cover (Reshiram in White 2, Zekrom in Black 2)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've conquered all the Type Expert tourneys, and my BP supply has been booming, with over 300 BP in storage now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just use pokesav or whatever the equivalent of that is for BW2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally got the Dream Radar app, took me about a half a day to get Tornadus. I'm kinda bummed that it's a Jolly nature, but it could be a lot worse. After playing this game I'm really glad it's only $3, though it really does last you a while with it taking 5min per dream cloud. Definitely hope they pull something similar however with Gen 6 with a Pokewalker-like app.

Man I really need to get back into BW2, I haven't played it since I beat the game a month ago, I haven't even gotten all the legendary Pokemon.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I got that a few days ago. Currently have Tornadus (Sassy...) and Thundurus (Rash, meh), and am about 300 orbs away from unlocking the Landorus extension. Once that's done, I have the 5 Gen IV games to sync up and get the respective mascot legends from there.

Dunno what I'll do with the thing beyond that. Maybe catch a Smoochum from there and experiment with a Dry Skin Jynx.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Chances are, you won't ever get a good Tornadus and Thundurus without using PokeGen, especially if they came from the Dream Radar. Before PokeGen, I was stuck with a Relaxed Tornadus, a Careful Thundurus, and a Naive Landorus. Needless to say, those natures are no good for those Pokemon.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Chances are, you won't ever get a good Tornadus and Thundurus without using PokeGen, especially if they came from the Dream Radar. Before PokeGen, I was stuck with a Relaxed Tornadus, a Careful Thundurus, and a Naive Landorus. Needless to say, those natures are no good for those Pokemon.
Naive is actually pretty good for Landorus.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
World tournament is really good for battle points, 6-8 points for 3-4 battles. Also in BW2 the stuff youi buy for bps are much cheaper so you´ll get a good item in possible less then a hour.

Got some medals like the one and only medal today^^

Regarding good natures on the genie trio it´s easy too get good ones. The first part is kinda hard to understand in in the beggining but gets logical after some practise: RNG
That is kinda easier manipulated in BW 1though since dream rng requires learning new stuff.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Naive is actually pretty good for Landorus.
Not so much for Therian Forme Landorus though, who only gets the Intimidate ability. Besides, Incarnate Forme Landorus is typically better off having Sand Force, instead of Sheer Force; in a Sandstorm team, Sand Force gives Earthquake and Stone Edge the extra power boost that Sheer Force is not able to offer them.

On the flipside, however, a special sweeping Incarnate Forme Landorus can get some use out of Sheer Force for moves like Psychic, Earth Power, and Focus Blast.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I got Therian Landorus. Brave nature. Yuck.

I also got Dialga and Lugia by syncing up with Diamond and Soulsilver. They were both Hasty. Double yuck.

I've also been collecting Rotoms from the orange orb levels. Calm, Adamant, and Careful so far. Triple yuck.

The Dream Radar REALLY does not like me, lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just finished up Dream Radar myself. Got a Serious Landorus, Calm Palkia, Adamant Giratina, and Quiet Ho-Oh. Except for maybe Giratina, all of these natures aren't all that great, and in Ho-Oh's case, poor.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To add insult to injury, you can't soft-reset to alter the Dream Radar Pokemon's natures.

Simply put, without PokeGen, the Pokemon that you get at the Dream Radar will likely be lackluster.

Top Bottom