• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon: Apocalypse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You find yourself transported to the Pokémon world, after a disaster has wiped out most of humanity.

Arceus descends from the heavens, and will grant you a team of six non-legendary Pokémon to help you survive.

Which six Pokémon do you choose?

Things to keep in mind:
  • You have to eat and drink to survive
  • Your Pokémon have to eat and drink to survive. Big Pokémon eat a whole lot more than smaller ones.
  • There are probably people out there trying to kill you and steal all your stuff
  • Ditto can only Transform into something it can see, and it cannot transform into any legendaries, period.
  • Infrastructure and buildings are probably destroyed and in ruins
  • Tropius's fruits grow twice a year, you don't get an many as you can pluck off.
  • Water Pokémon can run out of water. See the Pokémon Special manga; Blue's Blastoise runs out of water at one point. Similarly, Miltank doesn't give an infinite amount of milk.
  • You can't drink rain; rainwater contains "pollutants, soil, plant parts, insect parts, bacteria, algae, and sometimes radioactive
    materials that the rain/snow has washed out of the air."
  • The point of this game is obvious. Any loophole which clearly circumvents this purpose isn't allowed, period, whether it's mentioned in the rules or not.
  • DON'T BE A DOUCHEBAG.
This topic comes up every single day on 4chan, wondering what you guys think.

UberMario

Smash Master
Meh, too dark for Pokemon, though it would make a cool series on it's own with totally different characters and partners.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I don't exactly have 6 right now, but I'm still thinking of it. So far, I got:

- Tropius: It's fruits can be eaten by both Pokemon and humans.
- Any Pokemon knowing Pickup: It can search and give me the stuff it can find. If it's useful, better for my group. If I had to choose one, probably Phanpy. It's the cutest & coolerst out of all Pickup learners.
- Any Pokemon that knows Rain Dance: Gives us water. The Pokemon will probably be Gyarados since it's my favorite water type.

And that's all I got. 3 out of 6 is good for now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Miltank (milk, a lot of beef if absolutely necessary)
Tropius (bananas, flight)
Steelix (for digging and hiding underground as well as ****ing you up)

Can't think of the other three right now.

EDIT: Awesome, XACE-K and I are on the right page when it comes to Tropius.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'd probably have a Typhlosion along with me. It could also be used a a campfire to stay warm or to cook stuff over.

EDIT: And of course, like people have said, Tropius would be probably one of the best choices.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Regarding Tropius: "These fruits can be picked and consumed by other Pokémon and by humans, and grow twice a year because of the rapid reproduction of sugar in their leaves, making the rapid production of the fruits in its neck."

Have fun eating ten bananas a year.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hey, it's food. I don't wanna be dying of Scurvy or somethin'

It and Miltank are up there in some of the best choices.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
-Tropius (fruit)
-Miltank (Milk)
-Quagsire (Rain)
-Camerupt (Heat, rock shooting for building materials)
-Piloswine (Pokedex cites an extremely sensitive nose and hair, being able to detect smells and sounds)
-Salamence (Flight for traveling and just plain protection)

I think I've got this pretty well covered

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ambipom - Partner who can climb higher trees for fruit and scout surroundings if necessary. Can also Fake Out the hell outta people before I attack them or run away.

Tropius - Provides fruit, a sense of shelther, as well as flight.

Typhlosion - Flames can provide warmth and can blast away opponents with Eruption after being Faked Out.

Feraligatr - Transport over water, as well as providing water.

Not so sure about other choices.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What, no Blissey for her delicious eggs and helpful healing abilities? I'd pick her straight away.

Also, Slowpoke would be good for fishing for Magikarp to eat. I love seafood.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Water Pokémon can run out of water. See the Pokémon Special manga; Blue's Blastoise runs out of water at one point. Similarly, Miltank doesn't give an infinite amount of milk.

2. Big Pokémon eat a whole lot.

EDIT: Also rainwater isn't clean.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It needs an appliance to possess if he wants to be in a forme, though.

Most of those would be destroyed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I guess it depends on what happened to the world. I think it's safe to safe that most electronics don't work anymore.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Seems pretty hard right now to make team that's fully or near-fully self-sufficient, if not impossible.

Now what Pokemon are really good at scavenging...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
EDIT: Also rainwater isn't clean.
Unless literally everything in the world was on fire and permanently burning forever, this is implausible. The whole cycle of rain itself purifies the water. On this note, it would cause acid rain, and with all your shelter ablaze, you'd die very quickly with no hope to live in this world.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Now that I think about it, in a more realistic scenario, 5 Tropius and a Ludicolo would be the best way to make it.

They're mainly plants. They need extremely little food, if any at all, all they need is sunlight and rain, which Tropius and Ludicolo would be able to accomplish. Including all of them if they DO need some nutrition, that's still going to be at least a solid 40 bananas a year just for year with extremely high nutritional value, as well as the food you scavenge.

So simple, but so solid.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dialga - He controls time. I use him to go back in time to before the apocalypse and lead a happy life.
Palkia and Giratina - In case someone pulls some bull**** about how I can't do that because of how canonically you need all 3 to do the time warp or whatever.

This topic comes up every single day on 4chan, wondering what you guys think.
Really? I haven't seen it. Maybe I need to lurk on more than just /s/ and /gif/.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol. I used to frequent /gif/.

That could work, UltiMario, if no one else in the world has Pokémon to **** your ****.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ditto, since as arceus gives me the pokes, Ditto'd see arceus...turn into him, Summon Dialga, reverse time before the apocalypes and/or stop it altogther

amidooinitrite?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Absol, so he could lead me to where the next natrual disaster around human civilization is so I can pick from the wreckage.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
The thing is, Wave, Water Pokemon, or at least Blastoise, CAN produce infinite amounts of water....they just have to "refill" a bit if they use too much(presumably this is done inside the Pokemon itself, and not through outside means). Blue's Blastoise was not arid forever. So, I'll go with this:

Blastoise, for water, water transportation, and general protection

Flygon, for aerial scouting and transportation, as well as hunting

Blaziken, for boiling unclean water and cooking, as well as warmth, hunting, and general protection. Jack-of-all-trades, really.

Blissey, for nutritional eggs and healing abilities

Gardevoir, for its Psychic abilities and its ability to sense its trainer's emotions, thus enabling it to sense if I am in danger and Teleport to my side, whether to Teleport back or fight

Golduck, for water, hunting (especially in the water), and general protection. It is the fastest swimmer of all Pokemon, so there is no doubt that it will be able to catch its prey or retrieve a drowning companion.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The thing is, Wave, Water Pokemon, or at least Blastoise, CAN produce infinite amounts of water....they just have to "refill" a bit if they use too much(presumably this is done inside the Pokemon itself, and not through outside means). Blue's Blastoise was not arid forever.
Right, I'm saying that if you plan to cross a desert on foot, don't plan on that Wooper giving you enough water.

Blastoise, for water, water transportation, and general protection

Flygon, for aerial scouting and transportation, as well as hunting

Blaziken, for boiling unclean water and cooking, as well as warmth, hunting, and general protection. Jack-of-all-trades, really.

Blissey, for nutritional eggs and healing abilities

Gardevoir, for its Psychic abilities and its ability to sense its trainer's emotions, thus enabling it to sense if I am in danger and Teleport to my side, whether to Teleport back or fight

Golduck, for water, hunting (especially in the water), and general protection. It is the fastest swimmer of all Pokemon, so there is no doubt that it will be able to catch its prey or retrieve a drowning companion.
This guy wins. The fact that no one mentioned Blissey for healing reasons yet surprised me.

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
Slowpoke, for mainly eating it's tail. If the regrowing rate is the same as Tropius, then I pick Tropius instead.
Blissey for eggs and healing ability
Gardevoir for urgent protection and travel
Blastoise for water and protection, and fighting
Ninetails for being a fire type; heat, flames, and is known to have psychic abilites; confuse people, curse them, attack and defend.
Absol for being versatile and warn disasters/bad events

Mewter

Smash Master
This looks fun!

Espeon- Forsees future problems, along with strong psychic powers.

Poliwrath- Swimming and Muscle Power

Abra- Telekinetic Powers (catch fish, move stuff) and instant Teleportation (All transportation), Can confuse enemies, Doesn't use too much energy because it's small.

Shaymin- Free Plants

Leafeon- Feeds itself using sunlight and gives everyone unlimited clean air.

Palkia- Complete and utter warping of the space around it. Basically, you're set with it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmm... I'd have to say that Thrice pretty much put together the best team. I'd have to think about it for a bit before I threw something together.

JOE!

Smash Hero
cant "use" legends

but seeing as arcues gives you any 6 non-legend pokes, and if you get a ditto it'd see arceus...

ditto can just transform to arceus and summon dialga to reverse the apocalypse, or just use hax to stop it from ever happening >.>

finalark

SNORLAX
ditto can just transform to arceus and summon dialga to reverse the apocalypse, or just use hax to stop it from ever happening >.>
I'm pretty sure that a ditto's power is restricted to only basic attacks and such. There's no way that a pink blob would receive the power to shape reality to it's will just because it saw a god.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
wailord
wailord
wailord
typlosion
glaceon
raichu

have raichu kill all wailords, have glaceon preserve the wailord meat, have typhlosion defrost and cook wailord meat

this should last us a lifetime i reckon

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The best team would be

Meditite: Complete and utter protection what with its absurd strength and it eats only a single berry.

Gengar: Dream Eater. No need to feed it either. Ability to pass through walls and turn invisible a godsend.

Ludicolo: Weather control. Rain Dance and Sunny Day and with Synthesis giving it energy once again you have less need to worry about it. Also possesses surf for over water travel.

Any Fire Type: You need something with Fire, Charmeleon and Quilava would work best as they're small and produce Fire naturally. This gives you something with which to boil water. Ponyta/Rapidash are also good choices as they provide over land transportation.

Miltank: Obvious necessity. Milk is needed for protein.

Honchkrow: Does not sleep. This will be your night guard. During the day makes an excellent forager, will find you food.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Blissey- Eggs, healing
, meatshield

Charizard- Flight, fire for cooking, boiling water, and any other necessary reasons, protection

Swampert- Water, also the ability to sense impending storms could come in handy

Miltank- Milk. Calcium deficiency would not be a good idea.

Linoone- Pickup could come in handy. It's also supposed to be good at catching fish and other water prey.

Medicham- As pointed out, it only eats a single berry a day, so it wouldn't require much of the food we found. It would also be great for protection.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I would go with

Blissey - Infinite eggs yay :D

Diglett - If rainwater ain't clean, and the region was Hoenn where it's rich in water, then I could simply make him go underground and get me some water. I couldn't care less if it's muddy. At least it's not radioactive

Linoone - I have no idea what it could possibly pick up with Pickup, but I guess it could come in use

Quilava (or any fire poke for that matter, Quilava is just my favorite) - I could get a glass and through a filter (provided by Chansey and the ability to include items in its eggs or get Linoone to pick one up), I can evaporate the water and thus I can separate the water from the mud that my Diglett would be giving me

Garchomp - Hell, I need protection and this guy would give it to me.

Machamp - Machamp can also give me protection with it's uberful it's DynamicPunch and with it's awesome build, I can get it to build me some shelter.

As you guys can see, I'm pretty much set with these guys.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Infernape:Fire+Strength if there is a downed path, ect. Also cooking, boiling water to purify it.

For flying I would want a Salamance, also Infernape+Salamance is a pretty deadly force

I'd say where did the pokemon world get Nuclear power to cause Nuclear contamination? If there was no nuclear contamination, it would be a lot easier as you just need to filter and distill water to drink it.

I think having 6 pokemon is too much, 2-3 to me seems most logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom