• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon: Apocalypse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
What the **** do you think Arceus would think.

You are spamming my thread for the sake of being annoying.
I dont care because my Ditto is now a check to whatever Arceus tries to do.

Also, I am not spamming, just pointing out a huge flaw you have.

all you gotta do is just say like, "Arceus gives you the pokes allready in pokeballs", then this wont happen.

but you didnt specify that, thus allowing the ditto Hax

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I dont care because my Ditto is now a check to whatever Arceus tries to do.
Okay, let me clear this up for you then.

1. Arceus is god, he will know what you are trying to do before you even think of doing it
2. Arceus is god, he will know what Ditto is trying to do before it even thinks of doing it
3. It takes a finite amount of time for Ditto to transform (as much time as it would take for Arceus to use Judgment, according to the games)
4. Arceus is god, he will be unhappy that you didn't follow his rules
5. Arceus is god, he can kill you in an isntant
6. This game is not "HURRRRR DURRRR DERP DE HURRR I WIN".
6a. This game is a test, however crude, of how well you would survive in the Pokémon world.
6b. You cannot win this game.
7. Not everything is stated in the rules. "BY THE WAY YOU ONLY HAVE ONE SPLEEN" is a waste of my time and everyone else's.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so essentially you're saying Arceus would do the equivalent to a nerd-rage seeing as i'd outsmart him by making my own version of him to essentially save EVERYONE by reversing the disaster?

Wrath`

Smash Master
so essentially you're saying Arceus would do the equivalent to a nerd-rage seeing as i'd outsmart him by making my own version of him to essentially save EVERYONE by reversing the disaster?
How do you know, Arceus didn't cause the disaster to "Clens" the world

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Guys. The idea is to creatively come up with 6 non-legends that would allow you to survive on your own. Ditto pretty much defeats the entire purpose of this, so by trying to use it you're really only ruining the fun for yourself. (And if you don't think it's fun, you don't have to participate.)

Wave, I'd add a rule saying that Ditto can't transform into legends either.

Stop derailing the thread with debates of whether or not Ditto should be able to transform into Arceus, please, JOE!...

Wrath`

Smash Master
would he not have the powers, as god, to reverse it?

or at least call up dialhga, reverse tiem, then stop the event?

why help out people *this* way when he could save everyone?
Wow, so you would ask the Deity that just destroyed the world to cleans it, to take it back? I think Arceus would just strike you down there on the spot.

Anyways, why gain is there radioactivity in the water? Did the pokemon world have Nuclear power?

JOE!

Smash Hero
did Arceus actually destroy it?

all it says is that there was some "disaster" and that Arceus is helping you out.

All that needs to be fixed in this thread is the ditto loophole and why arceus doesnt just reverse the disaster....

everything Im doing is just fine within the rules on the OP, its just that i have found quite a loop-hole with Ditto being able to see Arceus, thus coy him and "cheat". this would simply be fied by stating that Arceus gives you the pokes in pokeballs, but even after I said that Wave doesnt want to change the rules, which leaves that route possible (for you to have a copied god)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rainwater has all kinds of crap in it, which is why it's generally a pretty bad idea to drink it even in real life. Radioactivity or not, the point is rainwater isn't an option for drinking.

did Arceus actually destroy it?

all it says is that there was some "disaster" and that Arceus is helping you out.

All that needs to be fixed in this thread is the ditto loophole and why arceus doesnt just reverse the disaster....

everything Im doing is just fine within the rules on the OP, its just that i have found quite a loop-hole with Ditto being able to see Arceus, thus coy him and "cheat". this would simply be fied by stating that Arceus gives you the pokes in pokeballs, but even after I said that Wave doesnt want to change the rules, which leaves that route possible (for you to have a copied god)
Ever notice how finding a big exploit in a game that makes you invincible or whatever and allows you to win the game easily makes the game stop being fun?

It's kind of the same thing here. Yes, there can be loopholes in the rules, but I think it's also somewhat assumed that you won't defeat the point of the game and find a way that precludes you from picking 6 Pokémon. Just because there's a loophole doesn't mean you have to exploit it.

Seriously guys, end of discussion. Look between the lines, understand what the idea of the game is, and follow it. No more loopholes.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...then have him change the rules <.<

the point of the game is to survive and spend recources wisley, I found a way to do so without needing 6 pokemon (and does Ditto even eat?), and possibly save EVERYONE including me....

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
To assume that you're outsmarting Arceus is to assume that you, a human, could outsmart god; an omnipresent being who more than likely knows you better than you do. Theoretically speaking, the situation would never pop up as he would either not bother at all to help you or make the situation happen in a way that avoids said "loophole."

would he not have the powers, as god, to reverse it?

or at least call up dialhga, reverse tiem, then stop the event?

why help out people *this* way when he could save everyone?
Because maybe Arceus is really a cynical **** face and wants to watch us suffer just for fun. Or this could just be his way of forcing natural selection. We don't really know. So could you please stop with all the stupid questions and ******** loopholes and try cooperating for once? Please and thank you.

I'll probably put my list up in the near future. Once I think of my last couple, that is. I'm trying to be as thorough as possible.

EDIT: Being on a Wii sucks.

JOE!

Smash Hero
If he's a cynical **** face, why even go through the trouble of saving a few? Why not just blow everyone up who lived through the "event", then remake his own new race that he wants?

And the loophole is there for anybody to use seeing is there is really nothing stopping one from doing it, until Wave just says the pokemon are in pokeballs, etc.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...then have him change the rules <.<

the point of the game is to survive and spend recources wisley, I found a way to do so without needing 6 pokemon (and does Ditto even eat?), and possibly save EVERYONE including me....
The point of the game is to pick 6 non-legendary Pokémon who will let you survive.

I don't care if there's a loophole or not. I suggested he changed the rules, but you don't need the rules to officially say you can't use Ditto like that to not use Ditto like that. I'm telling you not to use Ditto like that.

Just do it the way you were intended to. If you don't find that enjoyable, there are plenty of other threads to visit.

I'm serious. This discussion is absolutely pointless and it's spam.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
If he's a cynical **** face, why even go through the trouble of saving a few? Why not just blow everyone up who lived through the "event", then remake his own new race that he wants?

And the loophole is there for anybody to use seeing is there is really nothing stopping one from doing it, until Wave just says the pokemon are in pokeballs, etc.
Because what's the fun of that?

Besides, again, Arceus > you. Even if it appeared in front of Ditto, and let you think of that plan, it'd just blow the **** out of Ditto before it even transformed and be done with it. Then it'd paralyze you, and defecate in your mouth after quite a few hours of teabagging. It'd grow the balls if it didn't have them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
The point of the game is to pick 6 non-legendary Pokémon who will let you survive.

I don't care if there's a loophole or not. I suggested he changed the rules, but you don't need the rules to officially say you can't use Ditto like that to not use Ditto like that. I'm telling you not to use Ditto like that.

Just do it the way you were intended to. If you don't find that enjoyable, there are plenty of other threads to visit.

I'm serious. This discussion is absolutely pointless and it's spam.
Well this is my way of doing the "challenge". By using 1 pokemon I dont really need to worry about food/etc, and even better this 1 poke can change the apocalypse and save everyone, which is even better than just "surviving". And if anythng, i'd just pick 6 dittos as they could transform into useful things, such as a chancey or miltank/etc, then go back to ditto (who doesnt need the care a chancey or miltank/etc does)

Once there is a rule in place saying I cant do that according to the thread, Ill change my strategy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The intent of the game is clear, Wave made it clear that this isn't what you're supposed to be doing, you don't need an official rule saying it for it to be true.

Either pick 6 Pokémon or don't post in the thread. That goes for everyone. The discussion is over, we've had a good page and a half of pointless debating. If the thread can't stay on track, I'm going to have to lock it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I just said my team would be 6 dittos....

they dont 9supposedly) eat much, even if they do eat (do they?), and by having a tema of 6 dittos, my team can be 6 anythings according to what the situation demands.

Edit:

*sees Firus finally fixed the thread*

There we go, now one cannot do easy-mode

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Yes Joe. Your six Ditto can transform into polluted water, garbage, and MAYBE a small scrap of food if you happen to come across any. But then you'd have to eat that Ditto, killing it and making it worthless. Eventually you'd run out of Ditto. Then you would die.

And you've said yourself that the Ditto cannot transform unless it sees what it would transform into. Therefore it could not transform into another Pokemon or a massive amount of food/water/supplies. You'd essentially just have a little more of what you had anyways.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so theres no other pokes running around?

aka Arceus let all the pokes die....seems kinda, no VERY OOC for him.

smeargle can sketch Transform off ditto, as only ditto apparently cant copy legends

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There are only a handful of USEFUL Pokes. The chance of you running into one is about the same chance Wave will let people win this game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Between say, Tropius' Bananas, Blissey's Eggs, and Miltank's Milk, you have a pretty good diet right there.

The rest would go to, say, 2 more Tropius and a Ludicolo for more food and a water dish.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Magnezone - Feeds off of excess electricity from Electrode, can be used as a flight-mobile, draws all iron to it
Electrode - Feeds off electricity in the atmosphere, can provide light and feed Magnezone
Torchic - small, can breathe fire, and can be used for warmth.
Dusknoir - Doesn't have to eat, can scout, can turn invisible, can be a bodyguard
Aggron - Gigantic thing that blows stuff out of the way. Can be used to transport heavier materials. Fed by Magnezone's iron drawing
??????

I'd like to think that this is a eh team. Should Miltank/Tropius be brought along? Is there grass for grazing?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
JOE!, please stop trolling.

Tropius still only gives you at most 10 bananas a year.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tropius still only gives you at most 10 bananas a year.
This is why you have multiple of them. It's still not many even then, but having at least Tropius as back-up is by no means bad.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't understanding how Joe's loophole is considered bad.

He did work by the rules exactly, in fact it's the smartest idea so far.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If Joe's smart enough to make a loophole, Arceus is smart enough to blow up his face for being a smart-*** trying to cheat the system.

It's as simple as that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
But with the Ditto Arceus copying it's stats and all, they'd technically take each other out wouldn't they?

And if you get 5 other Ditto Arceus's then you'd win for sure against the real Arceus

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It takes the fun out of this, that's why it isn't allowed.

Stop talking about this, Firus said it was spam.

Is there any grass for grazing?

JOE!

Smash Hero
sooo, just because it works, but isnt fun, its not allowed?

thats like saying you can play baseball, but arent allowed to hit a grand slam

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Idea:

Ditto is banned. Nobody can agree with the limitations it has to face, so it'll just be removed altogether to avoid further arguing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I;m hoping Joe keeps posting and gets infracted.

Also, update.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the point is to survive....survival means you do ANYTHING that would be advantageous to you.

you also havent told us what the environment is like, if there are wild pokemon, etc, etc

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, theres a ****-ton of berries, presumably?

also, what was the "event"?

cus if it's just generic survival, it's allways gonna be tropius/chansey/miltank, then 3 filler that will include a source of water/fire and a bodygaurd

and how many moves are the pokes limited to?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It takes the fun out of this, that's why it isn't allowed.

Stop talking about this, Firus said it was spam.
This. Exactly this.

I've said it four times now, none of that junk. I already had to edit the rules to say that loopholes are disallowed, period. This was a neat concept for a thread, there is no winning or losing, you're not going to get a prize for defeating Arceus, the idea is to make you think.

If you guys can't understand that, then I'm going to have to close the thread. As it is I'm debating whether or not this belongs in Forum Games.

You guys are over-analyzing this entire thing. The land is decimated, doesn't matter how or why. Your goal is to pick 6 Pokémon that can help you survive the best you can, without going and killing god. If a rule was put in place to prevent you from picking a legendary in the first place, CLEARLY you aren't meant to get Arceus and destroy god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom