• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon: Apocalypse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
but seeing as arcues gives you any 6 non-legend pokes, and if you get a ditto it'd see arceus...
hurrr durrrrrrrrr you now have a legendary. Arceus blows you up.

Play again?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Salamence is banned derp. Just kidding.

Ditto would transform into Arceus, activating the clause where you cannot obtain any legendary Pokemon.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't even know... probably a maximum of four acquired moves that logically shouldn't be learned through level-up (like Tackle and Headbutt, you should be able to do that).

JOE!

Smash Hero
however, I too have an arceus in Ditto.

couldnt he just defend his master?

hell, if Arceus can destroy ....himself, why cnat ditto just be like "lolno" when he's arceus...to Arceus?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
however, I too have an arceus in Ditto.

couldnt he just defend his master?

hell, if Arceus can destroy ....himself, why cnat ditto just be like "lolno" when he's arceus...to Arceus?
lrn2pokemon

Ditto cannot mimic the strength of another Pokémon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Roar of Time/Teleport/Spacial Rend/Healing Wish Smeargle

I win.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How is your Smeargle learning Roar of Time and Spacial Rend?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Hmm...

Solrock and Lunatone don't eat at all as far as I know. They'd be useful for weather control and heating/freezing things respectively.

Metagross can destroy obstacles easily and protect me. It's also really smart.

Ariados can guard me at night and catch prey for me. Plus, it's a spider-it eats bugs (which are plentiful on earth)

Flygon can look for survivors of said apocalypse and transport me anywhere.

Empoleon can surf at very high speed and, should the need arise, would probably be my best bet of traversing frigid climes.

My thoughts on such a ridiculous scenario.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Stuff like Larvitar that eat dirt would be pretty convenient to have around.

XACE-K

Smash Master
My team, part 2.

Miltank: Provides milk and meat if I have to eat it.

Zigzagoon: Pickup so it can find stuff and Gluttony has it receive more health from berries.

Tropius: Bananas and flight.

Blissey: Can cure sick pokemon and provides eggs that both pokemon and humans can eat.

Castform: Mainly for weather purposes.

Medicham: A berry a month. Plus, Pure Power makes it strong.

Seems good for now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ITT: Joe both tries too hard and doesn't try hard enough.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, another thing: are we taking pokemon abilities based on the dex entries for real?

then machamp...he moves MOUNTAINS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Obviously not without reason, or else **** like Magcargo will burn off your eyebrows from a mile away.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The best team would be

Meditite: Complete and utter protection what with its absurd strength and it eats only a single berry.

Gengar: Dream Eater. No need to feed it either. Ability to pass through walls and turn invisible a godsend.

Ludicolo: Weather control. Rain Dance and Sunny Day and with Synthesis giving it energy once again you have less need to worry about it. Also possesses surf for over water travel.

Any Fire Type: You need something with Fire, Charmeleon and Quilava would work best as they're small and produce Fire naturally. This gives you something with which to boil water. Ponyta/Rapidash are also good choices as they provide over land transportation.

Miltank: Obvious necessity. Milk is needed for protein.

Honchkrow: Does not sleep. This will be your night guard. During the day makes an excellent forager, will find you food.
No seriously, this is the best team.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Obviously not without reason, or else **** like Magcargo will burn off your eyebrows from a mile away.
allright then, how real we going here? becaus eas you mentioned earlier a TON of pokemon wouldnt even work within reason...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Just a question: Would the Magnemite/Voltorb line actually... eat anything?

Magnezone floats, you could easily use it to fly around. Torchic gives out an internal flame, so it's heat for when it's cold. Plus, it's small, so you don't have to shove food down it's throat.

Not sure about the others... maybe Dusknoir since it does otherworldly stuff and since it's a ghost... it probably doesn't have to eat.

Not entirely sure. Dusknoir, Torchic, and Magnezone so far...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Just a question: Would the Magnemite/Voltorb line actually... eat anything?
Bulbapedia, ****ing use it

Magnezone feed off electrical charges.
Electrode feeds off electricity in the atmosphere. It explodes when it eats too much electricity.

Electrode seems more practical.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Electrode can eat so much electricity Magnezone can siphon off some for food. Torchic is for warmth and fire. It's also pretty small so I don't have to feed it much. Dusknoir can probably turn invisible and is pretty large = bodyguard.

I'm not sure as to what the remaining two pokes should be. Magnezone and Electrode are basically self-sustaining, Torchic is small enough to require not TOO much food, and Dusknoir shouldn't be able to eat since it's a ghost.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Eeehh, wrong:

"Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly,"
The games are not canon. Or else my level 100 Zapdos can't fly.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
This is stupid then you need boundaries.

Name the disaster, is it nukes or not? How much moves can your Pokemon have? How much people were wiped out by this disaster etc.

You can't just make up new rules every time and expect us to find a way around it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is stupid then you need boundaries.

Name the disaster, is it nukes or not? How much moves can your Pokemon have? How much people were wiped out by this disaster etc.

You can't just make up new rules every time and expect us to find a way around it
I'm not making up new rules. I'm stating things that are either on Bulbapedia or applying common sense.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Why wouldn't the games be canon?

Err, what?

@Aggro Aggron: Would there be scrap iron everywhere? That's something to think about...

I think your chances of survival would significantly be increased if you used Pokemon that did not need to eat much/at all.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Bulbapedia said:
Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri is quoted as stating, "[Pokémon Special] is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey."
Obviously there are some exceptions on both sides, but yes, I don't regard the games as canon for the purposes of this thread.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Arceus blows you up once again.

You have zero life(s) remaining.

Seriously, why do you keep spamming this thread? I already told you no legendaries.

JOE!

Smash Hero
it's not a legendary, its a ditto who is copying arceus, he's stilla ditto, not a legend

he just happens to be a ditto who has the powers of arceus.

and seeing as Arceus can apparently destroy somethign with the powers of...himself, then what is stopping my Dittoceus from just going "lolno"?

Im not spamming, just pointing out a serious loophole you have with ditto

JOE!

Smash Hero
Arceus gives you the pokes, correct?

therefor at that moment he'd see it

another thing: if arceus is willing to help you out, why doesnt he just reverse the disaster?

also, are we allowed to catch Arceus pokemon?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
it's not a legendary, its a ditto who is copying arceus, he's stilla ditto, not a legend
What the **** do you think Arceus would think.

You are spamming my thread for the sake of being annoying.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right, how about this?

Arceus doesn't actually appear, but he gives you the six Pokemon you so desire. You don't see him, but he does some telepathic crap or something.

Ditto BS solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom