• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE3: WIFE HUSBAND G-REG WOBBLES ZHU ROCKCROCK KELS TINK DREPHEN MACD 2maro! - 6/26

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Prepare to feel the chill.

STL better come to this, considering I just drove all the way over there to play them.

Darkatma too good.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm gonna be ****ing people left and right with my roy

PEEF!

Smash Hero
A couple updates:

June 26 is 100% confirmed.

I visited the venue today it is basically confirmed. The space is really good. The venue will be a big room in a megachurch aka Crossroads Christian. I will have pictures soon once I put down the payment. Comes with padded chairs and lots of tables. I would just need help setting up and tearing down, which you guys could help with for sure.

I am not hearing any ruleset disputes, which I guess is good. I am considering allowing wobbling for pools. I am fundamentally against banning a technique that doesn't make a character the best in the game, (or even close really). However, I don't like watching it, so I may just allow it in pools only.

Other than that...um...everything is going very smoothly, hype is building...cool. Keep it up.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
allow it or dont allow it, dont change it for brackets/pools. no1 is complaining because no1 reads the first post after the first time they come to the thread, unless the TO makes a post saying major updates.

also, thread name gets the Renestamp of Approval. Best You've Ever Had 4 Sure.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
1. just like reneblade said, noone has complained because people just click last page

2. idk how much I care about wobbling being legal/banned, but I will say its gay

3. the best I've ever had like that song?

4. a mad cute pika still needs a teamate, vids of me here www.youtube.com/the2ndsamurai

Dart

Smash Lord
Stages I like. I have a feeling ur character bias is what the wobbling things about. Not that I think it could really save u from any butt rap you'll get In pools.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i dont often defend peef because we make fun of each other too much, but here i go again.

Floats has nothing to do with IC's. Hes been in favor on P4/conservative stage list, atleast, since the MBR "rule" changes, which occurred way before he switched to IC's.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
floats and cruise are equal

im in favor of both on or both off

i also think using 7 stages for stage striking is better than 5, i dont like having to choose between story or battlefield every first match. so long as its completely in the players' control more stages available through stage striking is no problem

go with the jiano/bigd stage list, 6 neutrals+dk64 for stage striking then floats, cruise, brinstar for counterpick

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i agree about the first match. it kinda doesn't matter as long as you strike.

but pick only one between floats and cruise. having one is nice bc you can ban one of them. if floats and cruise are really equal, then it'd be waste of a ban

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i like idea of having every stage that is legal to play on as a part of the stage striking process, but i think im in the very small minority.

4% APR

Smash Champion
floats and cruise are equal

im in favor of both on or both off

i also think using 7 stages for stage striking is better than 5, i dont like having to choose between story or battlefield every first match. so long as its completely in the players' control more stages available through stage striking is no problem

go with the jiano/bigd stage list, 6 neutrals+dk64 for stage striking then floats, cruise, brinstar for counterpick
i dont like having both, if you play a char that is bad on moving stages, you should be able to ban it and not have to play on it. It sucks to ban cruise then have to play on floats

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'd also prefer 7 stages to strike and Poké Floats. Most importantly, you need to change the payout. You are currently paying out 110% (70/30/10). I'm wondering if you'd be willing to change payout to include 4th place? That is, if you reach some entrant threshold, like 32(or 40?) entrants until you reach the number where you planned paying out top 6.

Also, what's up with the $5-8 venue fee? There's no explanation on why it would be $8 (more expensive venue?), unless $5 is what you pay if you bring a setup..?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the last few posts...

I have traditionally always played Falcon Falco and Fox. I have also never supported having both Cruise and Floats, so don't bring in me having a tainted attempt at a good ruleset. Go and look in the Hot Dickings thread and note my argument for Pound 4 ruleset before I even ever once played with the Icees. Plus you idiots should know that I will lose to all of you anway =P

Having both of those stages makes placings like what you saw at SMYM. 5 of the top 6, including Grand Finals was Fox. 4% had the right idea. One moving stage is enough. Nobody should be relying on them, and nobody should be forced to play on them. Floats is completely off the table. The Midwest can grow a fuzzy pair.

Wobbling...I want to allow. I don't think anyone good will be doing it, I mean...there are 2 or 3 ICs players in the midwest. So if it isn't going to be in any finals matches I really think it should be allowed. Remember, resting is really gay, can kill at 10%, and is easily comboed into. Wobbling can't start until about 40%. Not to mention Puff is pretty much the best char in the game at the moment. ICs don't move up a single placement on the tier list regardless of wobbling being on or off. Either way, their bad matches are still terrible, and their good matchups don't change. If the technique doesn't make the character too good, then it shouldn't be banned.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd also prefer 7 stages to strike and Poké Floats. Most importantly, you need to change the payout. You are currently paying out 110% (70/30/10). I'm wondering if you'd be willing to change payout to include 4th place? That is, if you reach some entrant threshold, like 32(or 40?) entrants until you reach the number where you planned paying out top 6.

Also, what's up with the $5-8 venue fee? There's no explanation on why it would be $8 (more expensive venue?), unless $5 is what you pay if you bring a setup..?
Good catch on the payout typo. I think I will include 4th. Come up with a good way of doing that and Ill use it.

The venue fee is almost certainly going to be $5. I was leaving room for a more expensive venue, but $5 will probably work.

Top Bottom