• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Eh, not really. But that seriously amazes me that I could be just barely missed when I take a YEAR LONG HIATUS. xD

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I dunno who else was around during that time. I don't even know who was the Mod here back then..

-Terywj
Well, it was Umbreon and JesiahTEG from late '08 to April/May-ish, at which point Zook took over until...I don't remember when, and Spire became mod.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
And the me soon afterwards to team up with Spire as the ultimate tag-team of PokeCenter Mods.

I just remember when Chill was here as Mod. And HeroOfTime. Except that guy never showed up. Lolz.

-Terywj

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
And the me soon afterwards to team up with Spire as the ultimate tag-team of PokeCenter Mods.

I just remember when Chill was here as Mod. And HeroOfTime. Except that guy never showed up. Lolz.

-Terywj

I remember long ago there was a mod that modded at the same time as chill. I forget his name however D:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That was HeroOfTime or whatever..

That person never actually posted or did anything in the PokeCenter. I don't even think he/she was active at all.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well the only ones I remember who've Modded here are Chill, HeroOfTime, Umbreon, Jesiah, Zook, and Spire.

Chances are if Coen was ever a Mod here I was away during the time.

-Terywj

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There was also mic in '08.
I know Mic was the only mod that actually visited our "island" for a while, but I don't think he was ever officially assigned to the PC...

Well the only ones I remember who've Modded here are Chill, HeroOfTime, Umbreon, Jesiah, Zook, and Spire.

Chances are if Coen was ever a Mod here I was away during the time.

-Terywj
This. These are the only mods I ever remember seeing here, and I've visited here pretty regularly since May '08.

When I first came here, Chill and HoT were mods. HoT got removed after some time because he hadn't visited in months. Then Chill got removed at some point, and Umbreon and Jesiah got added. Umbreon got removed for some reason, I'm not even sure why because I thought one thing and heard 5 others. Jesiah got removed because of some epic advertising or something. Zook resigned due to inactivity, and now we have Spire.

That's how it happened as I remember it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Haha...Island. I never really paid attention to the mods here. I know virtually no moderators on smash boards in general. I guess it's good in that I have no negative record, but I think it means I'm antisocial or I don't get around the webs. :laugh:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I swear I'll make Mod someday. Then I won't have to ask Spire to close and move everything..

Anyways, to get back on topic: anyone wanna try a Magmortar + Typhlosion mix?

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
I remember the island!
It was pretty funny having a virtually unwatched part of the boards, open to the elements and spammage that plague all forums. Everyone was like a soldier fighting for a fort.

Then came the mods, laying the law down and disrupting our perfect society.
The rest is history. :p

Edit:
But it was a little lonely at times.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That is just amazing. I don't know anyone who could invent their own set of 151 pokemon. =P Wonder if they have the sanity for the 600+ we're about to have? xD

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think when I started posting here, it was just after Chill was removed, I remember when Umbreon got de-modded, I heard it was something to do with leaking back room stuff. I miss this place.

majora_787

Smash Hero
SWF Dex? :laugh: If we didn't just see someone who made 151 pokemon ricemon, I would be surprised if you were serious. Haha, but that would require someone with free time wouldn't it?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Presenting: Voltle!

The first sprite I've done in a while. I decided I hadn't sprited in a while and it was time to sprite again. I tried working with Magmortar/Tyhplosion...but it was decidedly more difficult than I anticipated. I thought of a few ideas but none of them ended up panning out, so I ended up doing the random sprite generator until I got one that I was interested in attempting -- Weedle and Voltorb.

Thus, Voltle.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Weetorb sounds cooler.

Also, lol. Did you make the antenna from scratch?
Weetorb sounds less electrical, though, and I was going for a more electrical name.

And I made everything from scratch except for the Weedle base. Though I stole the electricity pallet from the electrical effects from the Scrap Brain Zone in Sonic 1.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't edit the head at all aside from erasing what was already on there...

Original sprite:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I guess it's that Voltorb's head is much bigger. It would look better if the head "ball" was enlarged a bit.

You don't have to do that of course, haha.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
Though I stole the electricity pallet from the electrical effects from the Scrap Brain Zone in Sonic 1.
All kinds of awesome.

Voltle is harder to say than Weetorb. I like both names equally. Maybe name this Weetorb and make a custom evolution named Voltle? Don't base the evo on Electrode/Kakuna or Beedrill, make it a proper evolution to Weetorb. Or just switch the names. Your call.

Top Bottom