• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I am disturbed by the fact that you did not comment on how awesome Cave Story is.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I never knew about Cave Story either. Granted, I have a Mac. I can't open them there .EXE files.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Aren't there vatious ways to emulate windows on Macs anyways?

I remember some stuff like something called WINE existing or something that let you use .exe files.

I never really looked into it and I'm not sure because I have a PC.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
There's a program called Bootcamp that lets you do so, and I've done it before because there was a game I wanted to play that was Windows only. I got rid of it a while ago though, because it was slowing down the Mac side a load and I wasn't really using it anymore. And now I don't really want that hassle again, so I avoid it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That sounds like you have some pretty bad malware or something on your computer.

You should fix that lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh. Well I can't.

But! Does your comp shut down every hour or so, and possess a 50% chance of self-deletion of all files?

-Terywj
My old PC would freeze at any random time (could be from 2 minutes to 2 hours) no matter what was going on. Piece of **** PCs. I've just never had good experiences with them, so I'm actually happy with my mac. Sure it can't run games all that well, but it gets done what I need it to do.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I laugh at Spire for using a Mac.

The only bad experience I think I've EVER had with a PC is the abomination known as Windows Vista. Windows 7 baby.
Well, I have Windows 7 installed on it for all my extraterrestrial needs.

Sure Windows is good for working, but Mac really is better. I've used both all my life and through pretty much every verson since 1992, so I know the differences. OSX is a preferable operating system in both interface and functionality. Little things with Windows like moving music files around and the computer forcing you to relocate them because of changed directories kills it for me. Also all the bull**** and money spent on repairing and upgrading my PC over the past seven years has just pissed me off to no end. It was time to finally change.

Mac + Photoshop has worked wonders for me. Windows + Photoshop did not. That is primarily my function on the computer.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Just because I started computer johns doesn't mean I don't freaking love my computer. I do. It's my babeh. ;-; I honestly wouldn't use anything but a Mac ever again if I had the choice. The only thing that I have ANY complaints over, in reality, is the fact that a lot of things are made to only be Windows-friendly. I had to fill out an application online before where I could only use Windows to do so. Why? I don't ****ing know. All I know is it angered me because I had to use an OS that tends to not agree with me. I've really only had bad experiences with Windows, whereas I've really only had good experiences with Mac.

Oh, and thanks for the link Annoying. I started playing it this morning and I already really like it. :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

I got this here sprite that I just made, and I don't know if I should bring it so that someone can tell me how well it is or if it should be in the artwork emporeum. If it IS the right place, then tell me how well it came out, as its my first sprite.... yeah I just mishmoshed

EDIT: Sorry for the ginormous white screen around it...
EDIT#2: Sorry man, but I tried using an editor and everything and I just can't seem to remove the whiteness...
SPIRE EDIT: I fixed the white horror.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ohgod edit that white out man.

Also, its a pretty poorly done sprite. Not insulting or anything, but that white took all the forgiveness out of my heart.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You should try saving as a .png for one. :)

and color the entire thing in either Golbat or Unown's colors.
I'll link you to this.
Should keep you occupied.

Hold on getting the link.
http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx

If the link doesn't work just google "spriting guide cave of dragonflies" and click on the cached version.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Any better now?

Awww dammit, I the ****ing white part below it.... sorry bout that, this time I actually tried to solve the giant box problem, and I guess I kinda messed up a bit.....

Anyways, if you are asking what it is, I got the tail of gorebyss and lovdisk and I just put the tail like a hat or antenna or something... and the blue ball at the end does kinda match lovdisk, if you look into its eyes.........

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not on this current computer, that old sprite is long lost... I thought I had it somewhere, but I don't. I DO have a blue Scyther, though.

But yeah, that sprite wasn't anything huge. It was just a blue Charmander with black eyes and ice on his tail. It was just a color edit for the most part.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thanks. Sorry about the box, but that kind of happens. At least it wasn't JPEG'd.

But yeah, I used to be here and wanted fire-type re-dos of a lot of pokemon from these guys. I think Spire and Firus did all of my requests, from the Fire-Type Swalot to the sprite of my Ruby party with Contest scarves.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's been a very long time. Which is why I don't take it personally, you most likely joined or started posting here while I was in a bit of a...busy phase.

EDIT: My last post in the poke center before today was... January 27th of 09, according to my post record. Over a year ago.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's been a very long time. Which is why I don't take it personally, you most likely joined or started posting here while I was in a bit of a...busy phase.

EDIT: My last post in the poke center before today was... January 27th of 09, according to my post record. Over a year ago.
I remember you :D

You were there when the CPS was just beginning to boom.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was, nice to see you again Bowser King. :D Sorry if I'm spamming the thread or anything with my idle conversation, but at least I kept it somewhat related to the shop with my...sexy blue Scyther. :laugh:

So much better than "Charmandice", but so far from what I remember you guys doing. =P

I like the new name, by the way. It makes this place seem even more official.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ahh. That would make more sense. I was away during the early 2009 period. I was most active in the PokeCenter during the late 07-early / mid 08.

And now, of course. :D

-Terywj

Top Bottom