• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

I've been practicing this for some time and I think this came out pretty good (atleast much, much better than my first one). And I think I now have GIMP completely mastered as I found out how to make it transparent now ^^

Its a revamp from Pokemon Yellow Kabuto (I tried something simple as this was my first revamp)

Mewter

Smash Master
That looks good, roacherman!
Just a question. Did you actually change the size of the sprite to fit the newer gens, or did you just recolor it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
That looks really good. I don't know, but there's just something about it that gets me. Maybe it's my softspot for the Kabutops family? Maybe it's the coloring. Not sure, but you did a fine job.

Mewter

Smash Master
Download GIMP2.6.
It's basically a cheap, toned-down photoshop, and just figured out that it does the same job, but better (and when you press shift, you can use straight lines again!) :bee:

But if you already have GIMP, then you know that. :)
Just use SHIFT.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Roacherman, thats just awesome, I remember when I could do that, then ms paint updated and now I fail at it. Kudos to you roacherman 8D
You can find downloads for old versions of Paint if you want to use it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Another pixel-over of scyther...... chose it out of randomness, coolness, and the love of that evolutionary family. Plus, I needed a challenge and it looked pretty complex....

And don't tell me "Save as a png" I know that. This was made BEFORE I knew how to save as a png

Grrrr.... it came out dark AGAIN. Ive been having problems with the transperency. Apparently, when I make it transparent, THAT happens.

Here is teh original link

http://i47.tinypic.com/2gse5qu.jpg

Anybody offer help on how to make it transparent and not make it get darker?

Also squirtle revamp I had laying around:

EDIT: it came out dark as well so I am just going to put up the link too....

http://i48.tinypic.com/jf8bon.jpg

And again I know its a jpg.....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
One way to fix that transparency problem is to make the whites that darken out a LITTLE bit darker, that way, they won't be cut out.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, nice splices. I suppose nobody can personally teach e the basics of splicing? I tried various tutorials, but I am just fail when it comes to splicing

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
meh, my sprites werent exactly pro....
thanks for the compliment roacher 8D
for splicing, just move parts of pokemon onto another pokemon and edit colors n stuff
Should i try spriting again?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
meh, my sprites werent exactly pro....
thanks for the compliment roacher 8D
for splicing, just move parts of pokemon onto another pokemon and edit colors n stuff
Should i try spriting again?
Sure why not?

But seriously, you have no idea how FAIL my splices are. I try, but I have to choose 2 pokemon that have about the same stance so I can more or less fuse them together. You know how little pokemon have that?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Splicing is about instinct, IMO. You can't teach it without covering every possible scenario.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
hmm sounds cool, try a charmander recolor, i tried it (see the wall of sprites above XD)
obviously it failed, but my decolor looked okay
so yeah try a recolored charmander, from this
to gen 4 standards
EDIT: if you want you could try scratch sprites, both of existing sprites and/or your own ideas

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think you mean revamp not recolored. Recoloring is just changing the color of the pokemon. Revamp is getting a pokemon from generation 1 or 2 games and upgrading them to gen 3 or 4 standards.

Ima try a charmander revamp. I need to solve my transparency problem though :mad: darkening the colors a bit DID NOT HELP :mad:

EDIT: I suck at scratch sprites. As I said, I am lacking in imagination to actually make the sprite. I could describe it, but I can't actually make it. **** me and my artistic retardedness!!! :mad:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Scratching is hard as hell imo. :/
I've only done pseudo scratches and just scratched certain parts on though.

But splicing isn't that difficult, roacher. You just take two Pokemon that you think would fit and bam. Using a generator helps sometimes too, if you don't have any ideas.

Two of my favorite sprites I've done right here. This was forever ago though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Grrrr. I am not doing charmander!!! The **** tail and fire just came out so contarded. Seriously It doesnt even look like a fire... it looks like something... weird Ill be doing something else

Mewter

Smash Master
Technically, it has to be a smaller sprite for it to be a devamp. :p
So you wouldn't be seeing that in Silver version.

It would have been pretty fun to see it in GS though. :bee:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Imagine fighting it?

Giratina used Shadow Force!
Giratina disappeared!
Player "Oh snap. Gotta use Protect to see what it does!"
Alakazam used Protect.
Giratina used Shadow Force.
Alakazam fainted.
Player "Crap."

-Terywj