• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Tampa Tourney!

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
dont think so, all of you should come down
my gf will be there to record matches, so dont worry about that

OverLade

Smash Hero
dont think so, all of you should come down
my gf will be there to record matches, so dont worry about that
They told me that they're gonna leave a few spots open even for entrance day, but I heard from someone else that registration closes today. Call them up to find out what's really going on. You can register by credit car over the phone.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be there at 12 for friendlies and whatnot, so chyea, red do you want to do that MM? I'm gonna use ROB or IC's? I'm pretty garbage against MK in general considering MK vs IC's is a horrible matchup, but my ROB's pretty solid.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be there at 12 for friendlies and whatnot, so chyea, red do you want to do that MM? I'm gonna use ROB or IC's? I'm pretty garbage against MK in general considering MK vs IC's is a horrible matchup, but my ROB's pretty solid.
I can understand you not wanting to play against MK but I don't spam or anything. But if you really want, I guess we could do Falco vs. ROB. Other than xYz I want to save my Meta for the tourney if I can.

You wanna just use the C3 ruleset except no Character CPs?

And I'll probably show up at 11:00 or so to get in some extra early friendlies and MM's.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
They told me they open at 12, so theres no point to show up at 11 :(, but sure falco vs. rob sounds okay, even though robs an extremely easy CG for falco lol, but yeah it's a somewhat even matchup, so sure.

OverLade

Smash Hero
They told me they open at 12, so theres no point to show up at 11 :(, but sure falco vs. rob sounds okay, even though robs an extremely easy CG for falco lol, but yeah it's a somewhat even matchup, so sure.
****, now I feel stupid XD. In that case, 12 it is. But we could always bring a TV and Wii and set it up outside the store and play until 12 XD. Always an option. :p

OverLade

Smash Hero
RHB I'm not actually coming to this tourney, and I have no camera.

But maybe at the next brawl gigs or something we can play this out.
T_T

Alright we'll save it for later.

So I have MMs with xYz, Abe, and Galuda. I guess I'll see if anyone else is up tomorrow.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just buy the offical one

Tires don exits
Someone please bring a camera. Im leavin 4 friendlies in a bit.

edit: The venue is kinda small and with 60+ people there it'll be hot as hell. You might wanna wear shorts and short sleeves.

My mommy told me that, thought I'd share. :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
**** good tourney. The rules were a lil whacked, but still, really good stuff.

Shoutouts:

Petey: Held down for Tampa where I couldn't. Put the **** on everybody.

Polmex: Homie got me this time. Im lookin forward to the rematch.

Hrnut: Comin all the way from Orlando to take our cash. Awsome job, and great match. Wish it coulda been 2/3 with better rules.

Galluda: That ice climber junk is insane. I wish we coulda played later in the bracket.

Hulk: Sick ness, keep bringin it.

Big ups to DMOK, Pro the marth player, RED, Hulk, and Galuda. Tampas shown its stuff, now we just need people coming out to prove it.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Had a lot of fun guys, awesome games...expecially polmex man...INSANNNNEEE COMEBACK... crazy snake man, i was eager to play your luigi, such an easy 0-death grab rofl, but man that match was incredible. Had a lot of fun. Shoutouts:

HRNUT: Crazy snake man, moving up them power rankings
Polmex: GAWDDD KNOCKIN ME OUT OF LOSERS :[, such a comeback man, that was awesome.
Hulk: Nice meeting you man, keep working on that ness, really good.
REDHALBERD: Haha our MM was cool, but our tournament match not so much...such a bad matchup for me :[ i need to practice vs good metaknights lol.

Everyone i missed sorry, but keep these brawl tournaments going, SFL is getting all the tournaments lately :[

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
YESSS!!!! (captain falcon style)
i got a limited edition pokemon DS lite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomgmggmoggooo
good games everyone HRNUT CHEATS WTF

some results:
1. HRNub [Snake, $250 (xbox)] <----cheater with 88% up tilt kills
2. petey w00t OMG [Meta Knight, $100 (LIMITED EDITION POKEMON DS LITE!!!!)]
3. PolMex23 [Snake, $40 (stolen by petey)]

so many epic matches that could have gone either way and games that could have had different results with best 2 out of 3.....HRNub rocked our **** goin undefeated there were some close matches regardless though....

OverLade

Smash Hero
Had a lot of fun guys, awesome games...expecially polmex man...INSANNNNEEE COMEBACK... crazy snake man, i was eager to play your luigi, such an easy 0-death grab rofl, but man that match was incredible. Had a lot of fun. Shoutouts:

Polmex: GAWDDD KNOCKIN ME OUT OF LOSERS :[, such a comeback man, that was awesome.
REDHALBERD: Haha our MM was cool, but our tournament match not so much...such a bad matchup for me :[ i need to practice vs good metaknights lol.

Everyone i missed sorry, but keep these brawl tournaments going, SFL is getting all the tournaments lately :[
Yeah. How about someone in tampa hosts a tourney that DOESN'T have weird rules ? We have good people and everything, we just need to get things rolling.

Who wants a tampa crew?

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Yeah. How about someone in tampa hosts a tourney that DOESN'T have weird rules ? We have good people and everything, we just need to get things rolling.

Who wants a tampa crew?
ive been workin on tourneys. i got a house venue but it might be a month or so till a tourney starts there. tampa crew ftw. cept we're like the only 2 in tampa right now lol. some people there had potential thats for sure, but we would probably have to make more of a west FL type of crew....

OverLade

Smash Hero
ive been workin on tourneys. i got a house venue but it might be a month or so till a tourney starts there. tampa crew ftw. cept we're like the only 2 in tampa right now lol. some people there had potential thats for sure, but we would probably have to make more of a west FL type of crew....
Well right now I think we got some ground for a crew.

Me
You
Polmex
Pro the marth player
Hulk
Galluda
Meow
That one falco player

I think if we can all get together and practice we can make Tampa nasty. =D

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Polmex is alrdy in a crew with gdx and hrnut. pro the marth player doesnt even have a wii so hes got a LOT of potential. hulk will ****. meow doesnt play outside of PnT. hopefully that falco comes back to the league so we can talk to him about it. but yeah tampas got potential imo...i mean....for how much we practice.....yeah...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Polmex is alrdy in a crew with gdx and hrnut. pro the marth player doesnt even have a wii so hes got a LOT of potential. hulk will ****. meow doesnt play outside of PnT. hopefully that falco comes back to the league so we can talk to him about it. but yeah tampas got potential imo...i mean....for how much we practice.....yeah...
I like how my name isn't even brought up

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think Polmex should DITCH Orlando lol. If he doesn't even have a Wii, then he DEFINETLY has potential. He said he's at PnT almost every day, so he'll be easy to find. If we can just get together and sort things out. I dunno if I can go to the next gigs, but Im gonna work on it. Hopefully we can all get together and go.

But till then, the brawl league should be a good way for us to meet up and practice.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
i had zero idea (yes, zero idea) where we were. i did not know what city i was in the whole weekend. we crossed a bridge over water and thats where i got lost. only hint i got was that polmex goes to st pete community college. laugh at me lol.

daddyshere12

Smash Cadet
Well right now I think we got some ground for a crew.

Me
You
Polmex
Pro the marth player
Hulk
Galluda
Meow
That one falco player

I think if we can all get together and practice we can make Tampa nasty. =D

You forgot daddy the sheik player :mad:

Anyway, good games everyone, really fun, but 60+ in the small store kinda sucked, still awesome

I cried when two sheiks went out in the same round.

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
yo today was so fun. great matches all around we need to get together and practice somewhere...my house is very close to that same PnT and ask petey i have quite a bit of room at my house.

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
oh and in rseponse to someone hosting a tournament without weird rules. idk if you guys know where the SPOT is (skate park of tampa), but there's a place called transitions art gallery there where bands play shows, and me and some friends got the hookups to host a tournament there. we're gonna work on it

OverLade

Smash Hero
oh and in rseponse to someone hosting a tournament without weird rules. idk if you guys know where the SPOT is (skate park of tampa), but there's a place called transitions art gallery there where bands play shows, and me and some friends got the hookups to host a tournament there. we're gonna work on it
Sounds great. PnT is a great place to play...but the rules....not so much. T_T

PolMex23

Smash Champion
YESSS!!!! (captain falcon style)
i got a limited edition pokemon DS lite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomgmggmoggooo
good games everyone HRNUT CHEATS WTF

some results:
1. HRNub [Snake, $250 (xbox)] <----cheater with 88% up tilt kills
2. petey w00t OMG [Meta Knight, $100 (LIMITED EDITION POKEMON DS LITE!!!!)]
3. PolMex23 [Snake, $40 (stolen by petey)]

so many epic matches that could have gone either way and games that could have had different results with best 2 out of 3.....HRNub rocked our **** goin undefeated there were some close matches regardless though....
**** right was stolen by you xD. I pooped around, last time im poopin around lol. BUT, every, I was going to win...untill Peteys inner warrior made him go ape ****, an I was overwhelmed. Close at the end , couldn't get the up tilt xD. Good ****, next time no poopin lol =).

Lol thanks man, was pretty epic. I wasn't supposed to win, but I grew some balls at the end...just enough balls to override the size of popo's balls cuz nana aint got any...well maybe lol xD.
Wow man, I was so nervous, lol
"Attack. Polmex you have to attack!..." - HRNUT xD xD xD
I was just runnin around for half the match, with some nades an c-4 action. Dude, the concept of grab = death is just really nerve shattering. I wish that was recorded, showing how you really, really, really, should have won. Wow..., how'd I kill your again? up-tilt hitting you on the platform at like mid 90s was luck...3rd kill i have no idea. Crazy man crazy, thanks for the props =). Youll face my Luigi in friendlies because ima use snake at Pnt (to much lag for Weegee) Thanks man cant wait to see you at Pnt again an gigs.

**** good tourney. The rules were a lil whacked, but still, really good stuff.

Shoutouts:

Petey: Held down for Tampa where I couldn't. Put the **** on everybody.

Polmex: Homie got me this time. Im lookin forward to the rematch.

Hrnut: Comin all the way from Orlando to take our cash. Awsome job, and great match. Wish it coulda been 2/3 with better rules.

Galluda: That ice climber junk is insane. I wish we coulda played later in the bracket.

Hulk: Sick ness, keep bringin it.

Big ups to DMOK, Pro the marth player, RED, Hulk, and Galuda. Tampas shown its stuff, now we just need people coming out to prove it.
Thanks for being modest dude, you gave me the match xD. Ima say that again,...
Red gave me the match xD xD xD, basically
Only thing I did right was to take advantage an not let you comeback =). Lol I did better against you than I did against petey, cuz...I didn't poop around xD. I actually was spot dodging lol. 2 suicides was gay though, thats why sets is what works. Next time bro, no more suicides, but much more gimps an up-tilts xD. Promise me that or Ill kill you xD.

Good **** against HRnut, was real close. Same with Petey. I was going to be pissed if Petey got 2 stocked again, but he didn't, made me proud. I wanted my rematch with Nick though =-). Cuz i was going to camp the **** out of him lol, just like he did to me.

Shoutouts to everyone....im to lazy, but...
Guy with the Falco...You were up 3stock to 2 with only 4% on you lol. How I won idk.
Untill next time =)

Pablo51

Smash Rookie
Well, I won the loser's brackets, and got eliminated as soon as I reached the top 8. Oh well. The person who put me in the loser's brackets was none other than HRNUT. :laugh:

lol I hope he enjoys that $200 Xbox360. :p (I heard he needed the money just for that)

And I SERIOUSLY need to practice against Snake players! :ohwell:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
1 Hrnut (Snake)
2 Petey (MK)
3 Polmex23 (Snake)
4 Pablo (Falco)
5 GaW guy
5 Diddy guy
7 Redhalberd (MK) I messed up somewhere in here was KING the MK player....so some1 fix this
7 idk
13 Galuda (ICs)
13 idk

OverLade

Smash Hero
All day Polmex. Tourney was good ****, and at least all of us got top 8. And I finally fixed my **** wifi so if anyone can bear online Im all there. Not to mention I can afford a wired connection with the 20$ I won XDXDXD.

We're gonna put Tampa on the map guiz. I need sleep though. Peace all. Lookin forward to the brawl league.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dummy ian i am snake over here cuz the TVs lag fool, Luigi is a no no with Lag xD
Yeah, I noticed a lil delay myself. Not like an HD or Wifi, but still tiny lag.

And I cant sleep after drinkin that monster. >_> It was good though XD.

And I dont blame polmex 4 picking up snake. If you cant switch chars in a tourney, use someone you know you'll win with ie:me using MK instead of Falco.

Im prolly gonna use Falco 4 the first half of brawl league though. Only problems'll be Galludas IC, that GaW, and Hulks Ness XD.

Top Bottom