• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT is trying to have a Smash Regionals Tournament (1000$ First Place) Your thoughts?

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Hey,

The people at PnT where sharing an idea with me. It is in the planning stages.

They want to run a regionals tournament against all other PnT's in Florida.

The format would be like this:

All PnT's will throw a Tournament. (Like the one's we always throw. We will have a 70/20/10 split like normally)

The difference would be the registration. They are telling me it would be 20$ + 10$ to pot.

The 20$ go to the head quarters since they will supply the prizes for the regional champions. aswell as second and third.

The winner from each PnT will meet in Naples (Possibly) to play for the Grand prize (1000$ possibly) Without paying any entrance fee's for the regional finals.

We want to know who may be interested before we start the actual planning for this.

(Can someone help be with instructions on how to put a poll?)

Pritch

Smash Lord
Don't think so. I never knew of one there when I lived there, anyways.

You could probably check their site though.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the PnT website has a locater. Also, this is something the Miami store is trying to see if people are interested in before they bring it up to other stores. So if you ask somewhere else they will look at you like "Huh???" lmao, Ill keep you guys updated if they go through with it or not.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You can't just take the winner from each one.

You'd want to be taking top 2-3.

Just taking the winner would frustrate a lot of people.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah,

That will be best, in order to insure that the Final brackets will have at least 24 people. Not sure how many PnT's around just giving a guessing number.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres a play n trade in ocala gmoney...i just know that cause i went to it. theres probably more north of that

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Ill do this,

when they speak to HC's ill tell them to give me a list of all participating PnT's and ill post them so you guys can plan on which PnT you'll be heading too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If they do it tell them my marvelous afro will be attending.

ALSO i'll be cutting my afro soon

while this is a very sad day, its quite understandable. I used to have an afro maybe 1/4 the size of yours, and when it was hot outside it was just miserable

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im down if there's one of these around orlando...

I agree with Rx's idea of top 3 going to the next round

you should also make this possible for teams

would the top 3 of each local store make money on round 1?

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
im down if there's one of these around orlando...

I agree with Rx's idea of top 3 going to the next round

you should also make this possible for teams

would the top 3 of each local store make money on round 1?

Yes the top three will get money from each location (If all other PnT's use our standard.

If we do 2v2 aswell it may be pricy becasue head quarters would demand more money for the rewards and set-up for the regional champion ship. I can arrange a 2v2 to be thrown in our store without bumping up the price) just everyone will put in pot fee.

So we would have the regional qualifier. (1v1) and a (2v2) just for prize money in the store. but again all this is a guess. Ill have to talk to the PnT ppl.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm up for it if my parents will agree on it (lolz no driver's license for me yet). Naples is like right next to Miami though so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Top Bottom