• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
WATS UR GL??? just play me i dont see why not its not like it would hurt you.

my GL?...you mean my gamertag...its xdreamerdigital...and im coaching so im usually in meetings or working on strats...and with less than 2 weeks b4 meadows i dont have the time to do random games i gotta get scrims with the lifted and ish

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, really psyched to come to this, however my friend and I might need a place to stay overnight. Would anybody possibly be able to house two poor gamers for the night?

Even if not I still can't wait to see the NYC smash scene again...LI is a dead dog compared to NYC.

mattakataka

Smash Cadet
hey.. gimping is the best part melee and it was possible because there was enough speed to persue someone off the ledge.. not only that, but brawl seems hell bent on letting someone come back to the stage, so it's a lot harder to gimp now, which makes me sad :(

oh, and if I used wes logic, my name would be peachclimbers.. or NinjaPeach

LOL
i love gimping in brawl u get props for doing it here in melee people just gave u a evil look like u did some type of tabuu

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
As some of you may or may not already know, Bum and I have decided to restart the singles brackets. Now although the brackets are perfectly fixable, something very important came up on Monday as bum and I talked to the manager of Web2Zone. Basically the whole deal is, that the boss was really impressed with the amount of people showing up for weeklies, and he wants to take it to the next level. A lot of the big details are on hush hush...But the jist of it is this. Friday people from the television channel, GamplayHD are coming to our little weeklie, and will be filming us play. Not only that, but they will be interviewing people and there is even one guy, known as Nick the Knife, who will be challenging us, and if we beat him, he will give us prizes. Also, if you guys really want to finish last weeks singles, I suppose you can come in early, but we need to get a head count on who wants do to that, because Bum and I are getting to w2z to set up pretty early for the camera crew. So, throw your sunday clothes on, put on those fresh kicks, and smile for the cameras son.
~Cass

BUM163

Smash Lord
stages for neutrals/singles - pokemon stadium 1, lylat cruise, yoshi island, smashville, final destination, battlefield, delfino plaza.

stages for counterpick singles- luigi's mansion, pirate ship, norfair, frigate orpheon, halberd, castle siege, pictochat, jungle japes, corneria, rainbow cruise, brinstar and corneria.

stages for neutrals/doubles- final destination, pokemon stadium 1, lylat cruise, yoshi island, smashvile, battlefield, delfino plaza.

stages for counterpick doubles- luigi's mansion, pirate ship, norfair, orpheon, halberd, castle siege, pictochat, jungles japes, rainbow cruise, brinstar and corneria.

rules

loser gets to pick stage then winner picks character then loser picks character. if loser puts stage on random, winner can't change chaarcter n loser can still pick character.

time for the weeklys have extended till we finish. i talk 2 the boss of web2zone n he said we can finish it, so no more rush.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
I do not mind that luck its just that he is kinda overdoing it a lil.

Seriously I never said I was good in any game lol cept maybe halo but thats up for debate lol

besides we had the ruleset discussion and to be honest I am sticking, personally, with D1/vanz set since to me its the most fair but I might change it a little.

point is = read back instead of reviving dead topics lol
Umm..I know this is pretty far back, but I feel that i should defend myself. Alex..I only brought that up because Bum told me to, and since bum and I are running tournies that's my job, so cool your jets, budz.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
As some of you may or may not already know, Bum and I have decided to restart the singles brackets. Now although the brackets are perfectly fixable, something very important came up on Monday as bum and I talked to the manager of Web2Zone. Basically the whole deal is, that the boss was really impressed with the amount of people showing up for weeklies, and he wants to take it to the next level. A lot of the big details are on hush hush...But the jist of it is this. Friday people from the television channel, GamplayHD are coming to our little weeklie, and will be filming us play. Not only that, but they will be interviewing people and there is even one guy, known as Nick the Knife, who will be challenging us, and if we beat him, he will give us prizes. Also, if you guys really want to finish last weeks singles, I suppose you can come in early, but we need to get a head count on who wants do to that, because Bum and I are getting to w2z to set up pretty early for the camera crew. So, throw your sunday clothes on, put on those fresh kicks, and smile for the cameras son.
~Cass
Wow, Ha ha ha, thats exciting. I gonna work my *** off with Peach till then. I wanna get known as a Beast peach player and show what N.Y can do along with the others. N.Y is too good. Cant wait for this.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Yo cass thats whassup!! Camera crews!!! I just got a tingle down my spine XD.

So the ppl who r still in singles from last weekly gotta be there early? what time?

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
I mean the way I see it Steiner, It's best to take an online vote, because if only a few people come what would be the point, I personally think we should just put the remaining pot to this weeks singles and doubles, it just means more money ^^, but you guys gotta decide, vote vote vote!

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt this is wat the boss told me n cass. lets not overdo it, but regardless lets hope the best n hopefully the boss word actually comes true as to the gameplay hd channel comes n record us. honestly i don't know about continuin that bracket n yes dark peach has a point. just cause we extended the time don't mean ya gonna take advantage. we still wanna finish as soon as possible cause of the trains. i been doin this for all of us n so we can have a great time. me n cass are lookin for 3 more people to help and i think we got one so it will be two more. you have to be dedicated to workin n even if u in a crew u have 2 be strict to everyone period. no matter wat.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm up for helping out with this Bum, as I even said, I would not even care for working at W2Z. I need a job.

So yea just say the word.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I'll volunteer myself to help the tournament move smoothly.

So if you're starting a brand new bracket what happens to the entry fee money? I think you should give the people who were still in the bracket free entry, because I mean its really ridiculous for some people to only have to pay 10 to get at a big pot while others had to have put 20.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
I'll volunteer myself to help the tournament move smoothly.

So if you're starting a brand new bracket what happens to the entry fee money? I think you should give the people who were still in the bracket free entry, because I mean its really ridiculous for some people to only have to pay 10 to get at a big pot while others had to have put 20.
We already talked to the staff at w2z and there is NO free entry, we tried, it isn't happenin' We apologize for the mess but this is the way it is. What we can assure you though is that everyone is more organized and that kind of shiiz will not happen again.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ewwwwwwwwwwww

Edit: btw: I NEEEEED peach ditttos. They're so fun in Brawl. I'm not coming this week, so next week!
The hell you mean "eewwwww" another who hates Peach I see......ah...so common now these days.......

We already talked to the staff at w2z and there is NO free entry, we tried, it isn't happenin' We apologize for the mess but this is the way it is. What we can assure you though is that everyone is more organized and that kind of shiiz will not happen again.

Wait hold on. So you mean to tell me I have to waste...another ten bucks? So what happens with my ten that I used on friday.it gets taken away like that. If I knew something like that was gonna happen I would have never entered. Thats throwing money away. Now I have no money for this friday to enter and finish this shiz, and on top of that I would of had to waste another 4 bucks when I was not planing on it cause this tournament could not be finished.

Seriously now I'm screwed. Something has got to be done about this. this aint cute.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
The hell you mean "eewwwww" another who hates Peach I see......ah...so common now these days.......

Wait hold on. So you mean to tell me I have to waste...another ten bucks? So what happens with my ten that I used on friday.it gets taken away like that. If I knew something like that was gonna happen I would have never entered. Thats throwing money away. Now I have no money for this friday to enter and finish this shiz, and on top of that I would of had to waste another 4 bucks when I was not planing on it cause this tournament could not be finished.

Seriously now I'm screwed. Something has got to be done about this. this aint cute.
The 10 you used on friday goes to this weeks singles pot...I'm truly..truly sorry, but you must understand that our hands our tied Drk.Pch there isn't anything Bum nor I can do about it. So your best bet is to suck it up, and know that this will definitely not happen again ^^.

BUM163

Smash Lord
one last time. no refunds. this weekly is new so u have 2 pay for it. the last weekly if people agree to havin it, ya don't have 2 pay 4 that n that goes towards the people who was in that weekly. friday can do last weekly if people come early. ya people need 2 stop spammin crap cuz when things happen friday, ya start complaining. i'm tellin ya by thursday night if ya don't answer, i'll decide things on my own 4 real.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm sorry but I cant let that just slide. I just threw away ten buck. Now I cant enter this week cause of it. This I am not happy about. Freaking rip off. The bosses judgement on this is stupid. money don't come so easy to just put it into a video game just to lose it for nothing.

Its w/e man, I'm really fed up about this and this guy you said might come and recorded us and all and I have to miss it. I am not doing this weeklie thing for a while now, i'll go to other tournaments. I'm really tick off about the bosses choice.......

BUM163

Smash Lord
dude lol ur not understandin. that weekly is still happenin n u don't have 2 pay for it. just since there is media comin, it doesn't make sense to continue a unfinish weekly in front of cameras. i have an idea. if ya want the singles weekly to continue from last week. come at before 4 o clock.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is that so?

Well then, I know how I am gonna handle this then. I'll see you boys on friday. I know how I am gonna fix this lil money issue of mine.

Continue this unfinished one. I'm unleashing fury now. No more mister nice Peach

BUM163

Smash Lord
but even if last weekly did finish u would still have 2 pay 4 this one lol so no need 4 this. anyway people if ya agree come this friday before 4pm so we can do last weekly. if enough people from that weekly comes then i will do it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm aware of that. I'm gonna take care of that issue. One way is to place well enough for cash. if that fails, I just remembered its april.........pay month for me. if it comes in time.......

We'll see what happens.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Just a suggestion I think if your going to restart and keep the money from the previous tournament for more of a cash pot, Pay down to 6th or 8th place. That way you can start over and people will not mind.

in my opinion at least.

Edit : I also offered to help a while back if you guys want.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
AlejandroP might come if Reno and HBK go with him. If I come, D1 do you wanna team with me? We've never got to team before LEWL and I herd ur purty pro at dis gaem.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just a suggestion I think if your going to restart and keep the money from the previous tournament for more of a cash pot, Pay down to 6th or 8th place. That way you can start over and people will not mind.

in my opinion at least.

Edit : I also offered to help a while back if you guys want.

Hmm. Thats not a bad idea. I agree with that.

Top Bottom