• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I think was ace is trying to say is that, after last night, which unless you were there you won't be able to grasp how serious the situation was, It's very hard to just go another tournament in light of this threat. There were many kids yesterday who were put in danger. I personally don't want to go to another tournament and have to worry that I need to watch my back. I know a lot of other smashers feel the same way for we have talked about this after reading the mentioned post.

I sympathize with Ron and I understand, but its a very bad time to be saying some of the things he said. I'm definately not sure how big of a turnout gauntlet will get. I would not say that cancelling it is called for, but maybe DA/EMP should push it back a month untill this whole situation gets sorted out. To have a tournament a day after W2Z is probably not the best thing to do.
pushing it a month would be a great idea or maybe to he is in jail or something cause i think nobody going to go after that threat so yea pushing it back would be a great idea

::~Hax~::

Smash Apprentice
wow ron, you're a great smasher and all (best pikachu i've ever played) but i really dont think it had to be brought to this. losing means a lot more than winning you know, i wouldn't go on a rampage just because you lost in a video game. i used to have a lot of respect for you even though i've known you get mad when you lose sometimes, but after this i don't really want to have anything to do with you tbh.

good knowing you i guess, you've made a big mistake..

man i lose twice in a row usually at every tourny I go to because I get nervous and lose. I dont suck either, you can ask D1, I give him a pretty good challenge and sometimes beat him in friendlies. I have yet to ever play good at a tourny because I get nervous. I still keep my cool though, because its not easy to just go to a tourney and win games. especially in NYC where everyone is good. Hax is right, its dumb to get so crazy over it. but what can you do. I hope everyone in the smash community stays cool through this sad situation and nothing gets ruined.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Oh yah, what exactly happened in the match that got him so mad? I'm curious..... He wouldn't usuallly get this mad at a typical loss, I'm guessing something amazingly gay happened like a phantom occured at high percent , or he SD'd when he could have won..? Anyone know that was there?

Oh yah, what exactly happened in the match that got him so mad? I'm curious..... He wouldn't usuallly get this mad at a typical loss, I'm guessing something amazingly gay happened like a phantom occured at high percent , or he SD'd when he could have won..? Anyone know that was there?
not really sure, d1 said something about him being mad that he loses to new people who come into the game and hes been playing so long. :urg:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
People seriously. Be real here.

Don't get killed over a game. It's a game. You have families and friends to think of. I'm cool with some of you and I like alot of you guys. Don't risk it. I hope DA doesn't risk it either. I have alot of respect for you guys and so does the smash community. Think of what people will think of you guys if you host this event after a such a threatening display of violence and a promise of violence.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Ron knew who they were, DIK and steiner arent new at all. I trained them long ago and they've always been good.
Im mad at the fact that this **** happened a few minutes after i got there. Ron has done this a few times b4 but not like this. I agree with holding back gauntlet for a month or so to get everything sorted out, and also *** PBS, ESPN, and telemundo, havin them doin coverage wont do good for ****** so Pull gauntlet back to avoid any risk of unesessary bloodshed.

other than dat, it was a bit fun i guess after the hype was over. good stuff to me and plank holdin it down. and all ya other ****** we fought.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've gone ahead and banned Ron while I bring up this issue with the staff forum. While we can't do much, we'll probably try to cut off Ron from posting in Smashboards ever again.

I really honestly like Ron, and it's too bad things had to go this way. Try not to let it get to you now as the proper authorities are going to take care of it.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
how he gonna wana kill ****** over a ****in game... dat ***** is ridiculous... dats some kiddie **** and quite frankly he need to grow da **** up and stop b*tchin over a game, and if he wana win dat bad play wit a ****in high tier or somethin.... lol gettin mad cuz u lost wit pika... b serious

how he gonna wana kill ****** over a ****in game... dat ***** is ridiculous... dats some kiddie **** and quite frankly he need to grow da **** up and stop b*tchin over a game, and if he wana win dat bad play wit a ****in high tier or somethin.... lol gettin mad cuz u lost wit pika... b serious
genius. :grin: :grin:

As long as people stay safe everything should be cool.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Jack Thompson is gonna have a field day with this **** if it ever gets out.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This guy has lost his mind. but i am concerned about one thing.......

He said he was gonna kill each and everyone of us right? all of N.Y. Ron can not do all that alone. I would be careful if he has other friends we dont know about as bad as him. to make a statement that big, maybe he is not alone on getting all the smashers. so I watch out for others as well. not that he made this post on the boards, everyone needs to be on edge. and if he wanted to kill us all, why the hell would he post it here so we all can see and now worry about our lives? i belive there is more to it. if he had not made this post, we would have went to the tourny, he try something and smashers will get hurt, even killed. well he wanted to stop tournys, and he did, he must want more than that to post this here and have us all worried and have the cops on his azz. I would really thing hard about this. cause to do something like this, no one can be that stupid. that post can also be a set up. cause of course we are gonna stop tournies and get the police on him. I be really careful, wether he is behind bars or not

Technine

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i dont think im goin to nyc anymore. im not feeling that safe anemore. sumthin has to be done or else he mite just get us wen we least expect it. Wuz he always lik this?

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace

He said he was gonna kill each and everyone of us right? all of N.Y. Ron can not do all that alone. I would be careful if he has other friends we dont know about as bad as him. to make a statement that big, maybe he is not alone on getting all the smashers. so I watch out for others as well. not that he made this post on the boards, everyone needs to be on edge. and if he wanted to kill us all, why the hell would he post it here so we all can see and now worry about our lives? i belive there is more to it. if he had not made this post, we would have went to the tourny, he try something and smashers will get hurt, even killed. well he wanted to stop tournys, and he did, he must want more than that to post this here and have us all worried and have the cops on his azz. I would really thing hard about this. cause to do something like this, no one can be that stupid. that post can also be a set up. cause of course we are gonna stop tournies and get the police on him. I be really careful, wether he is behind bars or not
The point is to push back Gantlet for a month so this can get sorted out without accidents happening. Tournaments aren't going to stop because of him, but he needs to realize what he did was wrong and what he is doing is worse. Destroying property like that is punishable by law, and if you saw the owner of w2z you can see how serious he was.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Yeah, i dont think im goin to nyc anymore. im not feeling that safe anemore. sumthin has to be done or else he mite just get us wen we least expect it. Wuz he always lik this?
Cmon Chris we cant let this slow us down. Well just chill 4 a while and train with the crew. We cant stop goin to NYC. What tourneys will we be going to? TSA? lol. ***** das way too far to be going there all the time. We need to grow as a crew and get experience. to do that.....play great smashers. Didn't we say that wed make it to the top? im a man of my word. hope u are too. I.H.N.C. all day!! lol.

Technine

Smash Cadet
well i didnt mean ill neva go there im jus sayin until were safe from ron. Ill still go to nyc of corse but until i feel safe. i dont wana die bcuz sum guy went crazy.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220228/

Read that people.

See what I mean when I say this is what Jack Thompson would love. This would be the jackpot for him. Here you have a guy with the makings of kller. Mix in his anger over losing in a game and now you have a perfect formula for Jack Thompson, the enemy of gamers every where, to have his way with the smash community. He could just come in a say that the smash community is a breeding ground for violence. It is a fighting game technically where the object of the game is to do violence to your opponent. We may not see it that way, but it is true. Now all Mr. Thompson has to do is spin it so our community looks like a breeding ground for would be psycho killers and the media will eat it up.

And Triforce doesn't want the guantlet cancelled because of PBS? It's because of media coverage that we shouldn't have this guantlet among other reasons. If this leaks out to PBS and the media I fear that thier will be a terrible backlash for the smash community. Would parents want thier kids to be part of a community that they believe perpetuates violence? Would the media want to make smash bigger and more mainstream if they found out that it supposedly caused a young man to go off the deep end?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

i really agree wit u dark peach but if this is the case wat can anybody do about it and wat can trigger this guy to go ballistic as to make a threat like this at all?? i mean ace brought up a point where he said this guy can decide to kill any of us whenever he feels like.... is pushing back anything gonna even work??? if we cant rest and play in peace even if this guy gets behind bars what is an indication that we can go and play smash like all of us normally would?? is there even a solution??

Eggm

Smash Hero
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220228/

Read that people.

See what I mean when I say this is what Jack Thompson would love. This would be the jackpot for him. Here you have a guy with the makings of kller. Mix in his anger over losing in a game and now you have a perfect formula for Jack Thompson, the enemy of gamers every where, to have his way with the smash community. He could just come in a say that the smash community is a breeding ground for violence. It is a fighting game technically where the object of the game is to do violence to your opponent. We may not see it that way, but it is true. Now all Mr. Thompson has to do is spin it so our community looks like a breeding ground for would be psycho killers and the media will eat it up.

And Triforce doesn't want the guantlet cancelled because of PBS? It's because of media coverage that we shouldn't have this guantlet among other reasons. If this leaks out to PBS and the media I fear that thier will be a terrible backlash for the smash community. Would parents want thier kids to be part of a community that they believe perpetuates violence? Would the media want to make smash bigger and more mainstream if they found out that it supposedly caused a young man to go off the deep end?
QFT listen to him hes a smart man cancel gauntlet.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
o well of course im not goin to the gauntlet a video game is never worth your life...

i just want to know if there can ever be a way to restore some type of peace so we can play this game again as a community...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Also, think of the effect this will have on the EA organized gamer rally against the VA Tech massacre. The media might not take it seriously. Ron may have screwed this up for you guys.

On the other hand, the rally could smooth things over and show that Ron is an individual and doesn't personify the feelings of the gaming community as a whole. It could show that gamers are civilized and peacful and that 1 or 2 troubled individuals is no cause for some unjust crusade or witch hunt against games.

It all depends on how you spin it.

Not to mention the effect that this may have on the U.S.A's feelings about the release of Brawl.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm fairly certain they check this thread, but I'll copy and paste what I posted.

Top Bottom