• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i really agree wit u dark peach but if this is the case wat can anybody do about it and wat can trigger this guy to go ballistic as to make a threat like this at all?? i mean ace brought up a point where he said this guy can decide to kill any of us whenever he feels like.... is pushing back anything gonna even work??? if we cant rest and play in peace even if this guy gets behind bars what is an indication that we can go and play smash like all of us normally would?? is there even a solution??
For now to calm things down, he needs to be caught and behind bars. after that, it would be best if the cops can get some info on wether he has other buddies or not. Cause they can even strike and we dont know who they are and all. and cause of that we all have to play in tournies in fear something bad could happen. But he is the ring leader if he has other boys, once he is caught his plan should die, and O doubt the other noobs want top do something to get locked up as well. Just like when the twin towers was hit. well all lived in fear for a while and was afraid it would happen again. Thus security is stronger on airports. and today people fly without a care in the world. Yes they can strike again. but they dont let the fear they have ruin thier lives We New Yorkers live on as normal. so the same can happen to the smash community. Once he is locked up, we can rest in peace. cant let a freaking loser ruin what we love to do. and I refuse to have some coward ruin the chance to play my favorite game alive and live in fear of it..

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
well that does sound reasonable and its true that people would obviously react with fear after a threat... hmm i dunno i guess im just a little shakey about it.. i mean i came from and still live in a relatively nice neighborhood and nothing like this would ever happen..

i dont want an incident stopping me from playing smash i think im just being paranoid and fear for my life and the lives of those currently in NYC

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else thinking that he might have typed that out of pure rage and in reality doesn't have any plans to actually go through with this ?

IDK If I'm giving him too much credit or what but....I doubt he'd actually do that much over a loss. I mean c'mon...

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Is anyone else thinking that he might have typed that out of pure rage and in reality doesn't have any plans to actually go through with this ?

IDK If I'm giving him too much credit or what but....I doubt he'd actually do that much over a loss. I mean c'mon...
well dude if u would have actually seen him like i did, u wouldnt b saying that, after he broke the wall and had like 4 dudes on him trying 2 calm him down, its not 2 b taken lightly.
(im only saying what happened 2 those who dont know what happen)
all im saying is that people need 2 be careful, u never know wat might happen

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Maybe, but something like this can not be taken lighty, and yesterday at the tourny, he broke things and could have hurt someone. Wes and bum had to hold him down for a good 7 mins or so. and from what I heard, this is the worst he has even gotten. and now he makes this? if he did not care about hurting others in his rage yesterday, what makes you think he could not do what he said he would in his post. wether he is bluffing or not, this can not be taken lightly.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

actually that was in my mind for a while but to tell u the truth i really dont know the guy and i mean even if it was out of pure anger punching walls and throwing chairs probably would have at least got rid of some of the frustration u know... whether this guy intends to actually kill people or just to scare all of us it still should be handled as a threat and i dont think we should act carelessly i mean in smash u lose a stock but ure still okay in life there is no such thing

honestly for everyone's safety i think we should assume that this guy is willing to do what he says

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
actually that was in my mind for a while but to tell u the truth i really dont know the guy and i mean even if it was out of pure anger punching walls and throwing chairs probably would have at least got rid of some of the frustration u know... whether this guy intends to actually kill people or just to scare all of us it still should be handled as a threat and i dont think we should act carelessly i mean in smash u lose a stock but ure still okay in life there is no such thing

honestly for everyone's safety i think we should assume that this guy is willing to do what he says
i agree 100% with this guy we dont no wat he will do well i just hope he gets to go to jail fast so we can play the game we love without looking side to side to see if he there

Cia

das kwl
Looking through the past 5 pages, i see a lot of fear.. and panic. Granted this is a serious matter, u guys should chill.

DA should DEFINITELY have that tournament canceled. like soooo many have said before me, it's not effing worth it. To have PBS televise somethin at a time like this is just not good publicity.

Also, absolutely everyone was targeted in his statement, so please be careful if you are attending MLG next week because he DOES have a ticket. I also urge everyone to avoid attending any public smashfests. (such as w2z, nyclan, NG, etc..) Obviously u want to keep also smash fests private and invite only (DO NOT post smash fests in threads)

it's sad to see that it's come to this.. Hopefully things will get better soon. Also, sorry to the many people that JUST started to come to the NYC weeklies only to see this.. It's not a good image for New York, but don't let one person's actions distort your entire perception of the NY smash community.

*** Also.. TSA weeklies.. be safe as well

Now.. umm i guess some shout outs.

D1- Good matches guy.

4EyesLink- Ugh.. sorry u had to see that. good games. next time, ur getting the infinite!! just like MVC2 :D

Izzy- PEACH NIGG@!!

Quil- Good stuff.. puff power!!

JC- i <3 ur controller :D

Hoyo- teamin with u was fun. good matches

Bum- STOP HAUNTING ME AT EVERY TOURNAMENT!! or else i'm going to cry T_T

Wes- U TOO. SAME AS BUM!!

Salad Bowl- u guys were not there... and i'm glad...

--------------------------------

i may have missed some people, sorry. But everyone's getting better so keep it up guys. i'm out

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,
Well I have been reading the posts and hearing a lot of things over the pass few hours and needless to say that the Smash community is dealing with a very serious issue. As a community leader in the New York Smash Community I feel that I should say how I feel about the subject.

Starting from the beginning we all know where it started at KF and I’s Weekly tournaments. Even that incident alone bothered me. In case you’re wondering this is what I saw:
“ During the night of Friday April 28th, an incident occurs during the hours of 9:45pm and 10:00pm. In a tournament match a participant named “Ron” lost and became enraged. After hearing a loud thud I immediately walked to the back to investigate seeing him holding a black chair and throwing it towards the wall thus creating a hole. Seeing this I saw many of the players get up out of their seats and attempt to move away. Two players who knew him began to grab him to avoid anyone being hurt and slowly began to move him out of the digitalounge. While he was being moved out I went upstairs to notify Andrew and the police was then called. From there we waited for the police to arrive and took statements from the players involved.

That alone makes me upset. What boggles my mind is that this guy has been doing this for SOO LONG and NOT ONE PERSON THERE knew even his last name? Look, this isn’t the streets…withholding information from the cops is ILLEGAL…this is something that jeopardizes kids and teenagers lives….the people who knew his information should of stepped up and told me or the police where this kid lives. I know people were scared but him in cuffs will easily solve that issue. What bothers me most is that people like Hax, Jman, and Tag are there…these are kids….not 18-22 year olds but legit teenagers and Hax is what…13…14 years old….I don’t want people like that to see this and become afraid…its horrifying to see them just look scared wondering about a next time…when there shouldn’t be…especially after this.
Once this event occurs I see that he is posting about threatening to kill people in a post. Instead of a simple “we called the cops” we get a vague idea of what might happen such as this:

“I'm not at liberty to say how the issue has been dealt with; however Ron is under proper and constant supervision. That alone tells you he will not be in attendance. I understand everyone’s gripe about wanting details. I cannot give you those details because this is a LEGAL matter and it is in the midst of the legal process.

If I like so many of you was on the outside looking in, I would probably say I wouldn't come either. The fact is Ronald WILL NOT be there, and after a long discussion with DA and The Empire we have decided to have a very minimal police presense at the venue to ENSURE everyone's safety.

FYI everyone...there is a police precinct less than 1 block away, maybe some of this info will put some of your fears to bed.

The only way to really ensure safety is him in handcuffs. This guy not only put a wall in my store ….which I EXPECT to have him pay for…he is putting players endanger every time he plays. As stated before this is not a DA/EA or any groups matter but rather a public issue of clear and present danger. Would anyone on this board want to feel safe after hearing this? In my eyes no. This is something that can ONLY be resolved with him in a precinct or in jail. I not only recommend that but I in fact call for it only because it can then make people comfortable. I seriously hope that this is what is happening and not just some friends watching him. If it is I feel that no one there knows the seriousness of this situation. As I said…this isn’t some little thing that can be settled be individuals but by court of law.

Now here is where I feel the most upset. Triforce…for someone who is for the gaming cause your statement is one of the most FAKEST things I ever heard. In case people don’t know what I mean here:

“I know that I am not a smasher like you guys but I need you to understand something very important. Tomorrow the Gauntlet will have press coverage by PBS which wants to do a study on gamer communities and your community was selected as one of them. DA and I have discuss the current threat level situation that Ronald has made. I don't know what Ronalds problem is but this is crazy so we have decided to make a stand for you guys and the community as a whole.

Threats such as the one that Ronald is making will not be tolerated by DA, the Empire, the Smash Community or the Greater Gamer Community at large. DA does not want to do this but they can not allow one bad apple that can not be controlled to destroy this for everyone. So please...we implore you not to back down from this threat. I understand that your health is very important and we are making plans now to make sure that his threat is neutralized and handled. We are already speaking to local authorities to have Ronald Arrested for threatening the lives of the peaceful gamers of this community.

The GAUNTLET WILL CONTINUE!!!! The community needs this coverage by PBS because they will properly help express what gamers are like. Ronald is a horrible example and we are not scared to deal with him.

PS: Ronald...I'm really sad that it has to come to this but we must protect the many, and you have made your stand as our enemy selfishly because you can't control your temper. It is not too late to solve this problem if you turn yourself in and we can seek help for your anger management issue. If not then you will be arrested and processed by the full extent of the law.

Gamers don't back down from this come out and enjoy the Gauntlet as planned.

Gamers Against Violence.”

This upsets me the most…not only do you keep the event happening... (Which in this case is actually besides the point)...but the FIRST THING you mention is Publicity…It is as if you are more concerned with the possibility of being sponsored or publicity for empire then what has happene…I read the entire post and I could not help but go back to the opening lines…though you tried to explain yourself I feel that what I said before may possibly hold up :

“I know that I am not a smasher like you guys but I need you to understand something very important. Tomorrow the Gauntlet will have press coverage by PBS which wants to do a study on gamer communities and your community was selected as one of them”

That is not important…not at this point…I have dealt with WAY Bigger groups then PBS and I can say first hand that I call into question PBS selecting but more of Empire or an affiliate pushing for them. This is coming from someone who has done events for Blizzard (who made world of warcraft), Samsung, Bose, and real gaming leagues like World Cyber Games and other events. I seen cameras and such…as a personal who deals with such companies and media in general that doing a study on gamer communities’ means nothing…MTV has “done a study” true life I am a gamer…that did not go so well…but that is another aesthetic all together. Point being is that yes this could be a good opportunity but unless I hear the words “WE HAVE HAD RON ARESTTED” you will have a hard time convincing me or KF…heck many people that this is safe…and the ONLY way to get him arrested is to get this kids address to web2zone and actually help us prosecute this kid for destruction of property and threatening of human life.

Personally I look at it this way. He needs to be banned from smash, arresttted and convicted, and given professional help. No maybes….no..”We’ll handle this” because that mentality is what caused this in the first place.

The smash players are like my kids…they make me proud and I love each one of them more then life itself. Tag, Jman, Hax, KF, Team pleazy, Imperial Era, PC, Blast, Zro, and everyone I see at the weeklies I do put a smile on my face even when I am down…hell even Dav3 is cool too and he is a pain in the ***. Point being I will not sit by and see them be in danger. You guys made me who I am from Long Island to the Bronx and I have no problem paying for entries, food, or random things. Adding to that…my girlfriend plays smash…am I to put the person who put my life back on track in danger?...would any of you…I love this girl just as much…hell even MORE then everyone of the smash players…she is the artist to my writing. I can even say I met her at a smash tournament. Just like all my smash players and all my friends in killa fleet…I wouldn’t be still dreaming without you guys.

To everyone that comes to my weeklies…I will post this there as well with messages about the situation of that. I know many are wondering so right now it is up in the air. Updates for me will come shortly. Beyond that everyone pm me and I will see about helping everyone invovled.

Alex Strife

PS if anyone wants to step up and help me do the right thing just contact me or Jay0yeah. We are gonna make sure this never happens again ANYWHERE. This inlcudes mlg, parallax, web2zone and everyone in the nyc area.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Da Apologies

NOW look everyone on behalf of DA we are sorry that an now ex-member has set this moment of inconvience for everyone. Ronald is a good person at heart i can say so myself everyone knows that but i am VERY DISAPPOINt in him and myself for letting this gone on as long as this **** has, he should have been kicked out the crew from jump but we left our freindship and or just human intincts override our morals(the things we suppose to do).
NOW look for those whom arent DA members liek ace marth and other ppl even though this whole thing is all messed up u have no right to announce that gauntlet is being cancelled that is up to the tounrey holders and also ppl. Dont take triforces post the wrong way the reason he is saying PBS IS COMING is to state the fact that we hvea to go thru this becuase they are going to come and eventually know why there is a gauntlet if it is cancelled which will cause our community to be pointed at(that answers ur comment Emerald lord).

SO PPL DONT POINT FINGERS OR NOTHIGN LIKE THAT. I KNOW GAUNTLET PROB WONT BE AS BIG CAUSE OF THIS BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON BECUASE FOR THE SIMPLE FACT WHAT ABOUT THE PPL THAT DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS **** AND ARE COMING. WE HAVE TO KEEP THE **** GOING AND INFORM THEM WHATS GOING ON THIS THAT AND THE THIRD. SO BASICALLY ME AND THE REST OF DA ARE GOIGN TO RUN THIS AND TRY TO BE HEROS IF I DIE THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. BUT LIKE I SAID GOD WILL GIVE RON HIS JUST DESSERTS I KNOW IT I AM ALSO GOING TO SEE IF WE CAN GET AN RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM on NYCLAN. WE ARE GOING TO HANDLE THIS ****. I AM SORRY ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE IN THE SMASH COMMUNITY WITH THIS AND V-TECH IS NOT A GOD COMBINATION. AND ANOTHER REASON Y WE HAVE TO HOLD GAUNTLET IS TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT THE SMASH SCENE WONT DIE AND THE NEW YORK SMASH SCENE WONT DIE. THATS WHY THIS HAS TO GO ON, SORRY SMASHERS THE SHOW MUST GO ON PPL I LOVE YOU ALL PPL I AM TIRED OF RONALD ANTICS DA AND ESPECIALLY ME HAS STUCK OUR NECKS OUT FO HIM SO MANY TIMES ARE FREINDS AND HE STILL DOES THIS ****. AND ALSO BUM THANX MAN FOR HELPING ME RESTAIN THIS GUY US BEING THE ONLY 2 PPL TO DO SO AND ALSO I AM SORRY U MAY NOT AGREE WITH THIS BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

RIGHT NOW AS I AM POSTING I AM TALKING OT HIM HE SEEMS CALMED DOWN BUT I AM NOT BUY THIS **** THIS TIME, THIS IS WHAT HAS TO BE DONE PPL ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN US THEN YAL WELCOME TO DO SO. THIS **** MAKES ME SO MAD THE WHOLE WEEKEND RUINED AND I HAVENT GOTTEN ANY ****ING SLEEP BEING LIKE THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ****. SO PLEASE PPL, JUST SUPPORT SMASH AND PLAY THE GAME.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Aight good **** wes lets just take the losses for the tournaments later....after reading what you wrote and talking on the phone I am on the same page...Lets put this together and do what we can for the next week or so.

Cia

das kwl
Please edit that post dude. at a time like this, comments like that are completely un-necessary and can only add to the problem. As you can see, TriForce and Wes are already trying to take the necessary steps to eradicate this issue.

And thankz for that. I'm sure it put a few more people at ease

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
lol Vanz, that's Vlad he doesn't know how to observe properly, so he posts stupidness...just ignore him.

Vlad, STFU plz.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I just read all of this, and even went into the tournament thread of DA and read what they said as well. It seem like Ron will be taken care of for his actions. Its really ashame to see some one of his talent in smash go crazy after a loss (reminds me of my self depression wise which I took care of). Shoot I played him at a tourny at some college last me. it was some anime thing going on. top 4 was me,Ron, Jash and Hoyo I believe. We all put one a show and showed everyone our talents in smash. Ron the most with a beast Pikachu. Then the finals came. last battle takes the tourny. It was me aginst Ron. winner of the set take all. That was the most scariest match I ever had in my life. His pikachu was crazy and very hard to take out with my Peach. I did not know if I could make it out this fight a winner. but I still went in. In the end, I manage to beat him twice in a row, and won the tourny. I gave Ron respect for that battle. best and scariest one I had in my life. and both matches we had, we both had on stock at high damage. Funny thing is, I never knew he was in DA till after the tourny and some one told me. I was like wow, no wonder that guy was a beast he was a talented smasher, and now those skills can no longer be used But what he did can not be taken lightly. I even went to thier thread and made a big post out of fury about canceling the tourny cause I care too much about my friends and refuse to see them get hurt or lose them. Yesterday I was so mad. I did not want to see my friends get hurt. well now it seems that I dont have to worry about it. I give it about a week to know about Ron's update before I can say, I'll go to tournies. cause what happen yesterday and friday was really scary. But I do anything for my friends to make sure they are save, even risk getting band for the post I made in there.Thats Just the way Dark.Pch is for you. But im glad things have settle down a lil. im just gonna give it a week or two before I go to another tourny just to be safe

D1

Banned via Administration
Well good sh** Wes...I actually spoke to the W2Z guy he actually just wants him to pay for damages and will leave police out of it.

Quil

Smash Apprentice
Even if he was put in jail, it's not like he'd get a life sentence. Once he would get out, the fear would continue. A restraining order should be fine, I've known people with anger management issues and it seems as if Ron has cooled off, although it still can't be taken lightly. Personally, I'll be at the weekly in 2 weeks, and I hope others won't be deterred by this incident and come as well.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Give me til the end of today and I will post what will happen...everyone remember that me and web2zone will do everything in the law possible to prevent anyone from getting hurt or injured. You guys supported my store and me for so long now I am gonna make sure I do what I can to support you...please everyone...any information you have is key to this.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
I would like to say that I am at this point severely, SEVERELY disappointed. It is not directed immediately at Ronald, but at the smash community as a whole. I am in agreement that what Ronald did was clearly uncalled for. It was not needed and to some it may have been unsettling. But you know what, things happen. Plain and simple. This is not me trying to downplay the situation. This is me saying that I am disappointed that so many in the community chose to fan the flames of this incident with NEGATIVE opinions and thoughts, as opposed to purely positive items.

Everyone is really quick to say that the way to help Ronald is to send him jail. So tell me, if a family member was engaged in such an incident, and there were multiple positive ways to help them, would you really pick jail, a quite negative choice, as the place to send them to? How absurd is that? Yes, if it gets to the point where there is no OTHER alternative, then it is what it is. To jump into sending a family member to jail is just ludicrous and deplorable and is in poor taste by many of you. It is also something that I am sure many to all of you would not even consider doing. To tell us to do that is despicable.

To take things even further back, how is it that so many people can post on what you have only seen and not been involved in? Yes, you witnessed a human display intense emotions, and out of those emotions actions/words came out that were not needed. This entire situation is being handled internally, as it should be. For individuals in the community to speculate, pour gas, light fires, destroy any progress that we are making is something within yourselves that you should detest. Within DA/EA, we know this is something that we can and are handling the right way for us. The events that transpired are done and over with. Property was destroyed and yes, you are all correct in saying that he should be held accountable for his actions. However, that is an obvious statement, and does nothing to add to the positive aspects of this situation. In plain English, no one outside of the DA/EA family is knowledgeable of the internal workings of the family, so you cannot and should not post on matters as such.

For individuals saying that we should cancel Gauntlet, saying its a smart move for us to make, telling us that we have no choice but to cancel the event, who are you to say as such? To tell other people not to go to our event and other smash related events for fear of their safety is THE MOST DESPICABLE thing you can. That is in essence telling people that they cannot live their lives as they choose. And it is the most damaging thing that you can do to the situation. And yet so many people do it with reckless abandon. I will guarantee that if this was your family member, you would choose to deal with this with more tact and discreetness. I am thoroughly displeased with the actions of many of you and I will let you know that THAT is serious coming from me as it takes an extraordinary amount of BS to make me this displeased.

I never call people out. I never do. I am breaking this rule because I have zero alternative and because the soon to be mentioned individuals have made it a point to pour excessive amounts of gas on the situation.

Alex Strife & The Members of Killa Fleet who have posted negatively:

- I am 100% disgusted, shocked, and just disheartened that you were all so swift to escalate this situation. What your posts have done is essentially spark and promote paranoia and frustration. To tell people that a tournament that you are not even running is cancelled, did you even think about the repercutions of that? Regardless of where you got that information, and regardless of it validity, did you really think it was YOUR place to make a mention of such things? Did you really think that comments like those would HELP the situation? Did you think that it would make people feel MORE secure? If you did, then I have no idea what was coursing through your heads. Not only were many of your comments that were not FACT actually fabricated and sensationalized, they were just NOT NECESSARY. It is not your place at ALL to comment on anything that happens internally to us. Even commenting on facts/incidents in a manner which is not positive is just wrong. If at any point we felt that attending our tournament was an unsafe move for members of the community, we would have cancelled the tournament. Yes, you are free to conjure up your own thoughts and opinions on the matter, but if they are not positive and constructive and just feed into the paranoia, why would you make them?

Alex, the manner in which you are presenting your arguments/comments is absolutely full of shame. You are fueling fires, and quite frankly, making yourself out to be a person larger than you are. A father protecting his "kids" so to speak would choose to contain the situation and keep the circulation of such comments and information down to a minimum to prevent backlash which may endanger your kids in other ways. I honestly cannot stake any faith in a word you say. It is one thing to speak on the subjects at hand with key people involved, and then work things out with them internally, while letting those less knowledgeable know only what they really NEED to know and keeping your thoughts and opinions neutral. That is one thing. The other is something else altogether which bleeds of many other motives not beneficial to the community.

To all of you claiming that this tournament is only going on for the sake of publicity and because EA/DA are looking for media exposure, I am going to have a hard time looking at any of you the same way again. It's as simple as that. It was unbeknownst to us that media was even going to be covering the event, that was an "after the fact". One of the main reasons we wanted to keep the tournament going was because humans such as yourselves invested extraordinary amounts of their time into this event. The reason there is the phrase "The show must go on" is because people hate seeing their time and dedication go to waste. Many of you are feeding into negative hype and drama, and convinced yourselves that for your safety, it wasn't within your best interests to go. That is not to say that there aren't any people who were at Web2Zone and were genuinely freaked out by the events that went on there and because of those, decided to skip Gauntlet. That is understandable as you are human, and perhaps need more time to think, reflect, and internally comprehend the situation than others. To spread and impose your views on others is where you go from innocent to just as guilty as the bloodthirsty masses. It is THAT quality that you are displaying which is probably the most detrimental to the well being of all in the community. If people were really interested in supporting the community and about playing and having a good time, you would have chosen to go to our tournament, and told others to do so as well, in essence saying that regardless of what happens to us, we do what we do, and thats play Smash. What the reality is, is that many people are saying is "I am choosing to look out for my well being, as opposed to entering a tournament to win money." And that is the plain and honest truth. There are people who were in mid transit from 6 hours upstate who still decided to come and play because they wanted the experience that a Gauntlet provides. They wanted to support the community and have a great time, and that is what they are doing. The media coverage that everyone is blaring on about is 100% secondary, and clearly isn't at all what everyone is thinking it is. They wanted to see people like yourselves having a great time and enjoying what you do, which is take a game called Super Smash Brothers Melee and have the best time in the world playing it. They wanted to see players of all types playing games of all types and just being gamers of all types. It's all about people having fun playing games with other people, which many of your are not doing at this moment because you chose to feed into negativity. And that's that.

Honestly, I have not much else to say. I am sure a huge number will blah blah blah all over this post, claiming to know all sorts of things that they just don't know to be fact. Once you take anything out of context, anything can mean anything, and that's just the way things are. When you don't know the current state of a situation, all you can do is speculate. That just snowballs and leads to the situation we have at hand. A lot of people knowing nothing, spouting out anything and everything, and ruining a great and unique community from the inside out. I usually tell people to get a hold of me if they want to speak on the matter, but really, I have seen what many of you have to say, and I don't want to read anymore of it, much less hear it come from your mouths.

Play the game. Have your fun. Forget the rest.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Please edit that post dude. at a time like this, comments like that are completely un-necessary and can only add to the problem. As you can see, TriForce and Wes are already trying to take the necessary steps to eradicate this issue.

And thankz for that. I'm sure it put a few more people at ease
My bad I didn't read the previous posts before making the statement. But I do agree the situation should be reslove as fast as possible. I hope DA tries to stay positive about their efforts in handling the situation. D1 I tried calling u about what happen but my phone can't reach you.

Nurok

Smash Lord
yo guys, r yallz having a memorial day weekend smash thing? ill be up in NYC during that time, hopefully gonna try and smash with a few persons

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
alot of people saying Rom should go 2 jail and stuff but naaa, im sure he never planned 2 hit a person or w/e, but who knows, anyways i think he should just pay for the damage and maybe just be suspended from a few tournies? oh wells, ANWYAYS... i like his pikachu =) lmfaoooooo

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would like to say that I am at this point severely, SEVERELY disappointed. It is not directed immediately at Ronald, but at the smash community as a whole. I am in agreement that what Ronald did was clearly uncalled for. It was not needed and to some it may have been unsettling. But you know what, things happen. Plain and simple. This is not me trying to downplay the situation. This is me saying that I am disappointed that so many in the community chose to fan the flames of this incident with NEGATIVE opinions and thoughts, as opposed to purely positive items.

Everyone is really quick to say that the way to help Ronald is to send him jail. So tell me, if a family member was engaged in such an incident, and there were multiple positive ways to help them, would you really pick jail, a quite negative choice, as the place to send them to? How absurd is that? Yes, if it gets to the point where there is no OTHER alternative, then it is what it is. To jump into sending a family member to jail is just ludicrous and deplorable and is in poor taste by many of you. It is also something that I am sure many to all of you would not even consider doing. To tell us to do that is despicable.

To take things even further back, how is it that so many people can post on what you have only seen and not been involved in? Yes, you witnessed a human display intense emotions, and out of those emotions actions/words came out that were not needed. This entire situation is being handled internally, as it should be. For individuals in the community to speculate, pour gas, light fires, destroy any progress that we are making is something within yourselves that you should detest. Within DA/EA, we know this is something that we can and are handling the right way for us. The events that transpired are done and over with. Property was destroyed and yes, you are all correct in saying that he should be held accountable for his actions. However, that is an obvious statement, and does nothing to add to the positive aspects of this situation. In plain English, no one outside of the DA/EA family is knowledgeable of the internal workings of the family, so you cannot and should not post on matters as such.

For individuals saying that we should cancel Gauntlet, saying its a smart move for us to make, telling us that we have no choice but to cancel the event, who are you to say as such? To tell other people not to go to our event and other smash related events for fear of their safety is THE MOST DESPICABLE thing you can. That is in essence telling people that they cannot live their lives as they choose. And it is the most damaging thing that you can do to the situation. And yet so many people do it with reckless abandon. I will guarantee that if this was your family member, you would choose to deal with this with more tact and discreetness. I am thoroughly displeased with the actions of many of you and I will let you know that THAT is serious coming from me as it takes an extraordinary amount of BS to make me this displeased.

I never call people out. I never do. I am breaking this rule because I have zero alternative and because the soon to be mentioned individuals have made it a point to pour excessive amounts of gas on the situation.

Alex Strife & The Members of Killa Fleet who have posted negatively:

- I am 100% disgusted, shocked, and just disheartened that you were all so swift to escalate this situation. What your posts have done is essentially spark and promote paranoia and frustration. To tell people that a tournament that you are not even running is cancelled, did you even think about the repercutions of that? Regardless of where you got that information, and regardless of it validity, did you really think it was YOUR place to make a mention of such things? Did you really think that comments like those would HELP the situation? Did you think that it would make people feel MORE secure? If you did, then I have no idea what was coursing through your heads. Not only were many of your comments that were not FACT actually fabricated and sensationalized, they were just NOT NECESSARY. It is not your place at ALL to comment on anything that happens internally to us. Even commenting on facts/incidents in a manner which is not positive is just wrong. If at any point we felt that attending our tournament was an unsafe move for members of the community, we would have cancelled the tournament. Yes, you are free to conjure up your own thoughts and opinions on the matter, but if they are not positive and constructive and just feed into the paranoia, why would you make them?

Alex, the manner in which you are presenting your arguments/comments is absolutely full of shame. You are fueling fires, and quite frankly, making yourself out to be a person larger than you are. A father protecting his "kids" so to speak would choose to contain the situation and keep the circulation of such comments and information down to a minimum to prevent backlash which may endanger your kids in other ways. I honestly cannot stake any faith in a word you say. It is one thing to speak on the subjects at hand with key people involved, and then work things out with them internally, while letting those less knowledgeable know only what they really NEED to know and keeping your thoughts and opinions neutral. That is one thing. The other is something else altogether which bleeds of many other motives not beneficial to the community.

To all of you claiming that this tournament is only going on for the sake of publicity and because EA/DA are looking for media exposure, I am going to have a hard time looking at any of you the same way again. It's as simple as that. It was unbeknownst to us that media was even going to be covering the event, that was an "after the fact". One of the main reasons we wanted to keep the tournament going was because humans such as yourselves invested extraordinary amounts of their time into this event. The reason there is the phrase "The show must go on" is because people hate seeing their time and dedication go to waste. Many of you are feeding into negative hype and drama, and convinced yourselves that for your safety, it wasn't within your best interests to go. That is not to say that there aren't any people who were at Web2Zone and were genuinely freaked out by the events that went on there and because of those, decided to skip Gauntlet. That is understandable as you are human, and perhaps need more time to think, reflect, and internally comprehend the situation than others. To spread and impose your views on others is where you go from innocent to just as guilty as the bloodthirsty masses. It is THAT quality that you are displaying which is probably the most detrimental to the well being of all in the community. If people were really interested in supporting the community and about playing and having a good time, you would have chosen to go to our tournament, and told others to do so as well, in essence saying that regardless of what happens to us, we do what we do, and thats play Smash. What the reality is, is that many people are saying is "I am choosing to look out for my well being, as opposed to entering a tournament to win money." And that is the plain and honest truth. There are people who were in mid transit from 6 hours upstate who still decided to come and play because they wanted the experience that a Gauntlet provides. They wanted to support the community and have a great time, and that is what they are doing. The media coverage that everyone is blaring on about is 100% secondary, and clearly isn't at all what everyone is thinking it is. They wanted to see people like yourselves having a great time and enjoying what you do, which is take a game called Super Smash Brothers Melee and have the best time in the world playing it. They wanted to see players of all types playing games of all types and just being gamers of all types. It's all about people having fun playing games with other people, which many of your are not doing at this moment because you chose to feed into negativity. And that's that.

Honestly, I have not much else to say. I am sure a huge number will blah blah blah all over this post, claiming to know all sorts of things that they just don't know to be fact. Once you take anything out of context, anything can mean anything, and that's just the way things are. When you don't know the current state of a situation, all you can do is speculate. That just snowballs and leads to the situation we have at hand. A lot of people knowing nothing, spouting out anything and everything, and ruining a great and unique community from the inside out. I usually tell people to get a hold of me if they want to speak on the matter, but really, I have seen what many of you have to say, and I don't want to read anymore of it, much less hear it come from your mouths.

Play the game. Have your fun. Forget the rest.

You have got to be kidding with what i read here. How can you say alex was out of line. Its about peoples safety and all. he as a job to do and he has to do it right. for him to cancel his own tourny and tell others not to go till WE KNOW FOR SURE AND PROVE that Ron is dealt with, then we will rest at ease. caue what he did and what he posted scared alot of people, now I was not one of those people that said, he needed to be lock up, but if it came down to it, I would not care and so would others. what he did was uncalled for and had people worried. and I could careless if one of my family members broke the law, you do it, you pay for it. What people wanted was to make usre Ron would not be a threat To N.Y smashers. Once we got that information.then we shall rest at ease which we did. you try being a 13-15 year old boy and witness what we did on friday then read a post that Ron put up. You really belive the first think they would not think about is put him in jail, he is a dangerous man? So of course people are gonna say that, they were scared and all. he could have hurt someone, people were in danger that day. Now this is my point of view, make Ron pay for the damages, and make sure he does not go near tournys or play smash ever again. How dare you come to us with the fact that we thought wrong and such, Your more concern about a video game and an image to keep then the people who play it. How low can you go. after that post people did not want to go to tournies till WE KNEW FOR SURE it was safe. Wether he ment it or it was out of anger. now I dont care if you cant look at us the same ever again. we did what we felt out of fear and concern, and to tell us that we are wrong or low for bein so concerned about our safety? If my mom, father sister brother, who ever, did something like this and all, best to people I take it on with the law, cause I fear for my life and dont know what was going on. if they need to give me a threat and put me in fear, then I want nothin to do with them and let the law take care of them. So dont you dare come here and make alex, KF, and all smasher in N.Y feel like scum. we all did the right then in concern of our safety. You go anywhere in the US and if something like this were to happen, they would have the same opinion as us. Alex knows what he is doing. He runs his tournys very smoothly and they are always filled with smasher haveing a good time and feel safe, cause he is concerned about us, and does what it takes to make sure we are safe even in times like this, your so much into your image in gameing that you cant even stop to think why we felt this way, why some said he should be locked up, why others said cancel the tourny or not go and tell others not to go cause of the action Ron displayed on frieday and his post yesterday. So dont try to make us look bad and you try to sound off on top. when people are scared, they panic, and fear for thier lives. So you gonna blame man kind for they way we are? Wow, what a joke. Others may by this book report you posted but not me. And im saying all of this out of concern and cause of my friends.

its very simple, Ron had us scared On friday, and the post yesterday. So what can you do to make all N.Y smashers feel safe, make sure he is not near a tourny and the game period ever again. after what we saw, of course he will not be trusted by many smashers, from that point on. Once that is taken care of, the life of smash will continue as normal. Ron does not need to go to jail in my opinion. I belive he needs help really bad.and cant be near anything near smash. that is all that I want. I have nothing against him or ever did. and we was already notified that ran is bein taken care of and wen ot need to worry anymore. but some or still on edge. so they will wait like a week or 2 before they will go to a tourny just too feel better about this scare. For once get your head of a video game, out of haveing an image and makeing yourself look good and think about the people who play the game, cause if we feel we are in danger, no one will play at tournys, and I bet that will destroy what you so call have. Game is about fun, not fear for any cause.

Now im finished here. Call me what you like, we got info about Ron, people feel better and within 2 weeks, people will feel just fine and go to tournies again. Just like that. its very simple. Dont blame this post on anyone, this is all comming from me. take it as you wish

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
results:

singles:

1)acemarth + bum (split)
2)acemarth + bum (split)
3) Wes
4) D1 (good ****)
5)Plairnkk
DJ
7)DIK (rog)
Alejandro_P
9)Stiner
Hazz
Mook
Jman
13)Spam
Quill
Vanz
Haxx
17)Nox
Oni
Shin Bowser Meow
Duray

Thanx to all that came and hopefully the incident wont affect future turnouts.

Kubuu dont worry bout it i kno where u comin from but we just had to let everyone kno and sh*t ron is still my ***** wether he's playin or not.

Wes i was told to post that gauntlet was cancelled by bum so dont get at me bout that.

alex will post later about everything in full detail so everyone stay tuned lol and we will post up about wat will happen this fri and such.

Good **** to everyone that came and hope to see ya later. Teams results will be up later also.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
teams results---

1. plank + warriorknight and hazz + alejandro (split because of time)
2. plank + warriorknight and hazz + alejandro (split because of time)
3. D1 + DJ
4. NBW
5. dimelo loco
5. ***** plz
7. vanz + hoyo
7. no parking
9. dan + tag
9. black + leo
9. falco is wack
9. bye
13. the winners
13. bye
13. bye
13. bye

i havent said my peace in referance to the ron matter. but all i gotta say is that whoever is responsible for it should hurry up and address the matter becuase i want these to continue safely. good stuff to everyone, c-ya next time.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
this whole weekend has just been too much. I've lost friends. I've lost respect. I've lost I game that believe it or not I love to play. I've lost my family's trust. I 've lost alot.

but in all of this I think I will gain my life back.

the threats that were made were empty. no one's life was ever in danger. I was very angry...

Every time I have an outburst after losing someone comes online and says "oh that lunatic" or "that ******* black dude" and I wanted to stirke fear in them just so that maybe they'll think about their actions just as much as they want me to think about mine.

that's all it was. as far as all of the other remarks....

I don't agree with all of them, but I can't control what anyone says.

i realize that now.

I'm looking to just pay for the damages and walk away from this game and let everyone "feel at peace"

as much as I would've like to improve I realize now I never would have cuz people constantly sandbag me.

I don't want the community to die. I just wanted to feel like my efforts didn't go unnoticed.

and it seemed like it did.

I feel i'm a reflection of how ugly the community started to become.

I felt it was getting to a point that you weren't really respected unless your name was on the top 10 list. people out of state wont give you a real fight unless that's the case.

It sucks to go out on such a bad note but it can't be helped now...

I guess when brawl comes out, I will have to play it locally or maybe just play it by myself.

it wouldnt be the first time I played a game by myself.

my entire smash career will only be remembered by this which really makes me sad.

none of the jokes cracked over the years will matter. only all of the things thrown or broken will be remembered.

final shoutouts

Wes - for even putting up with me in the crew as long as you did. thanks for showing me a higher level of smash play way back in 02 by coming to my house and 9 stocking me repeatedly. thanks for the oppurtunity to be part of such a cool crew. it's over now and i hae no complaints about it. I deserved it years ago.

D1 - for the encouraging words even at my lowest points in life. you will always hold a special place in my mind and heart.

the rest of DA - not holding my past against me through everything. I just don't want people to think you guys are like me. I am not representative of the strength in so many areas that members in DA posess. In and out of the game.

Alex - for tkaing the time to hear me out without letting what happened ovveride u listening to me.

triforce - trying to coach me in close matches in the past. thanks for all of the great stories. I wish I could still be down but I know what I did will not allow that.

Dave - for showing me how careful I need to be around two-faced people such as yourself. You never had respect for me but continually smiled in my face and portrayed that we were the closest friends ever. not the case... u sir are an a$$hole and deserved the instant karma you've received over the years. I thank you for opening my eyes to the bull$hit present around me.

I cannot shake this heavy weight of shame that's upon me at this moment. somehow my family found out about this situation and the shame runs even deeper than it did b4....

just remember me for the things I brought to this great community.

IC glitch

DA Dash

handicap glitch

exceptional pikachu player

marth up+b cancel

and I wonder why more falco and fox players don't charge down smash near a down smashing peach. if you think i'm crazy try it with a friend first and see what happens...

anyways i'm already done in the community

let the good be remembered seeing that i'm gone anyway...

- ron out -

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
You have got to be kidding with what i read here. How can you say alex was out of line. Its about peoples safety and all. he as a job to do and he has to do it right. for him to cancel his own tourny and tell others not to go till WE KNOW FOR SURE AND PROVE that Ron is dealt with, then we will rest at ease. caue what he did and what he posted scared alot of people, now I was not one of those people that said, he needed to be lock up, but if it came down to it, I would not care and so would others. what he did was uncalled for and had people worried. and I could careless if one of my family members broke the law, you do it, you pay for it. What people wanted was to make usre Ron would not be a threat To N.Y smashers. Once we got that information.then we shall rest at ease which we did. you try being a 13-15 year old boy and witness what we did on friday then read a post that Ron put up. You really belive the first think they would not think about is put him in jail, he is a dangerous man? So of course people are gonna say that, they were scared and all. he could have hurt someone, people were in danger that day. Now this is my point of view, make Ron pay for the damages, and make sure he does not go near tournys or play smash ever again. How dare you come to us with the fact that we thought wrong and such, Your more concern about a video game and an image to keep then the people who play it. How low can you go. after that post people did not want to go to tournies till WE KNEW FOR SURE it was safe. Wether he ment it or it was out of anger. now I dont care if you cant look at us the same ever again. we did what we felt out of fear and concern, and to tell us that we are wrong or low for bein so concerned about our safety? If my mom, father sister brother, who ever, did something like this and all, best to people I take it on with the law, cause I fear for my life and dont know what was going on. if they need to give me a threat and put me in fear, then I want nothin to do with them and let the law take care of them. So dont you dare come here and make alex, KF, and all smasher in N.Y feel like scum. we all did the right then in concern of our safety. You go anywhere in the US and if something like this were to happen, they would have the same opinion as us. Alex knows what he is doing. He runs his tournys very smoothly and they are always filled with smasher haveing a good time and feel safe, cause he is concerned about us, and does what it takes to make sure we are safe even in times like this, your so much into your image in gameing that you cant even stop to think why we felt this way, why some said he should be locked up, why others said cancel the tourny or not go and tell others not to go cause of the action Ron displayed on frieday and his post yesterday. So dont try to make us look bad and you try to sound off on top. when people are scared, they panic, and fear for thier lives. So you gonna blame man kind for they way we are? Wow, what a joke. Others may by this book report you posted but not me. And im saying all of this out of concern and cause of my friends.

its very simple, Ron had us scared On friday, and the post yesterday. So what can you do to make all N.Y smashers feel safe, make sure he is not near a tourny and the game period ever again. after what we saw, of course he will not be trusted by many smashers, from that point on. Once that is taken care of, the life of smash will continue as normal. Ron does not need to go to jail in my opinion. I belive he needs help really bad.and cant be near anything near smash. that is all that I want. I have nothing against him or ever did. and we was already notified that ran is bein taken care of and wen ot need to worry anymore. but some or still on edge. so they will wait like a week or 2 before they will go to a tourny just too feel better about this scare. For once get your head of a video game, out of haveing an image and makeing yourself look good and think about the people who play the game, cause if we feel we are in danger, no one will play at tournys, and I bet that will destroy what you so call have. Game is about fun, not fear for any cause.

Now im finished here. Call me what you like, we got info about Ron, people feel better and within 2 weeks, people will feel just fine and go to tournies again. Just like that. its very simple. Dont blame this post on anyone, this is all comming from me. take it as you wish

This is Kubuu on Wes's name:

Yes, my entire goal in all of this was to make myself look like a high and mighty person. I want to look so good off of unfortunate events. That is my life's goal. If anyone feels bad off of what I said, then clearly those people have issues internally that make them feel bad. If they feel completely justified in what they said, then they should not feel bad at all. What kind of image am I to really be caring about? If I really cared about image, then why would I state comments and opinions contrary to yours? Wouldn't I just jump on the bandwagon and tell you all what you want to hear? If people say that they need personal time to themselves to internalize and comprehend what happened, like I said before, thats all fine and absolutely justified. Bottom line is that you didn't know where Ron was before he went to Web 2 Zone, and you didn't know where he was after Web 2 Zone. So then how on earth did you manage to sleep at night? How on earth are you ever to sleep again if you don't know where Ron is 24 hours a day, seven days a week? It is incomprehensible to expect that kind result. I could tell you right now that Ron is current seeking professional help, how would you even know that I was telling the truth? Clearly what you are saying is that one human is preventing you and perhaps others from enjoying your lives. That's just a tad bit ridiculous if you actually sit and think about it. Regardless of what you hear or what people say, it's ultimately up to you to figure out how to deal with the whole situation. People feel the way that they allow themselves to feel. If you feel scared, then you are allowing yourself to feel scared. It's how everyone is interpreting the days events, on an individual scale. My issue with members of the community is that at this time, some posts are geared towards driving people in the direction of fear, which is MY issue.

It's obvious that you are interpreting my post the way you want to, and you are entitled to. What is interesting though is that you failed to see what my post wanted to get across and you posted more negative comments which continue to not help. Fantastic.

Ronald- Triforce says you're still good money to him, and honestly that goes for me as well. Be well sir.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
heh heh heh. Your a work of art.

Ron does not know where I live (as in my excat location). so I have no need to fear. and if he did. and I not know about it, I'll fear when it happens. and your lil comment about you telling the truth or not....makes the problem even worst. Good job. I dont need to live in fear, cause anything can happen at anytime. and I mean in life Period (god forbid) So I might as well be worried every second of my life if im gonna get his by a car, house set on fire, etc...And to me Ron is not a bad person. I can under stand where he is coming from since I had depression for 7 years and going.

Listen Im not gonna fight with you here anymore. I said MY opinion on this. If you have a problem with what I feel about this then oh well, my opinion, freedom of speech. you have anything further to say to me that you can let drop, PM me and leave it out of this thread. cause this is not the place for it. Im done with this matter. You post here agian if you please I wont respond or have the last word. Now im not even sure who is right anymore.. Maybe I mad that post out of anger cause of this whole mess........I dont care, what I care the most about is smash to be the way it was. if your wrong, fine, if Im wrong fine, it does not matter. we love to play this game and that what we are gonna do. So lets forget all of this. and if you still have a problem, want to get DA to hate me etc. fine. I just wanna play this game and have fun with my friends. that all I have to say about this issue here

To Ron if you read this- Dude, you were a great smasher man, its a shame you had to let it go. You have the craziest Pikachu I ever seen. I think you remember me. All im gonna say is change for the better, get help, take care of yourself. To me your not a bad guy, just misunderstood. Good luck to you out there. and make a better person of yourself. Peace

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well now that things have settle down and all and Ron made his Last post ever. its seem like everything is back tonormal or getting there.

So Alex or KF, when will the next tourny be. I wanna train and be ready for it

Well now that things have settle down and all and Ron made his Last post ever. its seem like everything is back tonormal or getting there.

So Alex or KF, when will the next tourny be. I wanna train and be ready for it
who said he has made his last post ever?

I feel sad to see him go if he is. Hes getting his stuff together. Banned from tournies or not, I hope he keeps posting and keeps playing the game he loves.

Quil

Smash Apprentice
I say he cools off and gets some help for his problem, and then (A good deal later) come back. It'd be a shame to see a smasher go like this.

I dunno, I personally would like to see him back for Brawl, as long as he truly does reform and get help for his anger management.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Alriiiiight I made TOP 10!!! Not too bad for not being in the smash scene for awhile but now time to kick it up a notch.

Top Bottom