• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh god these people really ARE trolls. Just by seeing the nature of that letter you can clearly see how immature these people are. They literally sound like they're a group of twelve year olds to have written something like that

I can't believe anybody would actually take these people seriously

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Did you get the DLC? I think it's called Severed. You play as Gabe from Extraction, and your objective is to rescue Lexine. No mention of Nathan though .-.
Eh, I might get after I finish Extraction and a few other games that I need to beat.

So, Anonymous is going after Sony after the German hacker thing (for those of you who are unaware, Anonymous is a group of hackers that started as a bunch of trolls abusing their talents and now go after governments and corporations they believe are restricting information or abusing legal power). Apparently, they're pissed at the legal actions Sony took against the PS3 hackers GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo.
Oh god, not another person who thinks that anonymous is some group that actually has some form of organization.

Guys, it's just a ton of people from 4chan who meet on irc every so often to get their weekly "lulz" from DDOS's, and it is actually ridiculously easy to do if you have enough people. Besides, I'm surprised that this anti-copyright law thing has lasted as long as it has.

Oh, and yes, those DDOS's can be fun to be a part of sometimes. :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, the only reason why they can be taken seriously is because they've proven in the past that they know how to hack and they know how to seriously mess **** up.
And they don't get thrown in prison for hacking ****? What? Can't cops track down IP addresses or something?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Why would cops care about hacking video games? If they did care, they would probably care if you started trolling over Xbox Live.
No. Gah, why is everyone thinking that this is hacking? They're simply using several prebuilt programs to DDOS the Sony servers, which is slightly illegal.

IMO, hacking has just become a way too general term.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
The only system that I ever hack is Wii. I respect my PS3. I don't really see a reason to hack it... Wii needs to be hacked because it lacks so many things (Such as no music player and DVD) that other systems have. On top of that, one game I hack a lot, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, is because I thought the creators of the game didn't put enough "effort" into it. Notice how slow it's gameplay is to Melee? Notice the mediocre styled textures (Snake, for example, could of looked the way he did in MGS4.). SSE was ok, but a lot of it didn't make since. Most characters had a small roll except for Mario and a few other famous Nintendo characters. We could of had Snake go on and call a few of his supporters via codec.

Anyways, that's my opinion,

finalark

SNORLAX
(Snake, for example, could of looked the way he did in MGS4.)
How the hell does choosing to make Snake look like himself from MGS1/2 over Old Snake have anything to do with poor textures? Brawl has some awesomely detailed models if you haven't noticed. Take a look at Mario, Link or even Ice Climbers.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Especially when you consider it was A LAUNCH TITLE. I love Brawl, though. (For partying<3)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brawl- is where it's at when it comes to partying.

So I found out that MGS Rising is not coming out this year. I have a 50 dollar Gamestop card I need to use (I've had it for over a year LOL). I'm thinking if Dark Souls come out...that or Uncharted 3.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
How the hell does choosing to make Snake look like himself from MGS1/2 over Old Snake have anything to do with poor textures? Brawl has some awesomely detailed models if you haven't noticed. Take a look at Mario, Link or even Ice Climbers.
It's model-wise that can be a problem. Ness and Lucas' big head?

Old Snake would of been good for Brawl. You know, MGS4 was getting released a bit later after Brawl...
MGS1/Twin Snakes Snake would of been good as well I guess.

----------------

To tell you the truth... I don't really like the idea of Raiden taking becoming main character. I just favor Snake more. According to CarlitonSp1 Raiden was first added in MGS2 in order to "attract" Japanesse woman interests, since they knew Snake was getting old. Then they went over the limit and made Snake age rapidly and they turned Raiden into what everyone called gay into badassary.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Anywaaaay...

I just finished Yakuza 4, and it was freaking GODLIKE. If you're a fan of the series at all, do yourself a favour and play this game. It's way more serious than Yakuza 3 though, just to warn you.

finalark

SNORLAX
Anywaaaay...

I just finished Yakuza 4, and it was freaking GODLIKE. If you're a fan of the series at all, do yourself a favour and play this game. It's way more serious than Yakuza 3 though, just to warn you.
Yakuza 4 is on my lengthy list of games to be sure to play. Honestly, I was kind of turned away from it by negative review scores but I'm willing to give it a chance.

It's model-wise that can be a problem. Ness and Lucas' big head?
NES also had that in Melee. Plus it fits the style of the Mother games fairly well.

To tell you the truth... I don't really like the idea of Raiden taking becoming main character. I just favor Snake more. According to CarlitonSp1 Raiden was first added in MGS2 in order to "attract" Japanesse woman interests, since they knew Snake was getting old. Then they went over the limit and made Snake age rapidly and they turned Raiden into what everyone called gay into badassary.
Most of us don't like the idea of Raiden become a main character. Given that he was meant to be a big "**** you" to the players (depending entirely on how you interpreted MGS2, of course) initially. There's a reason why they went back to Snake in MGS3 (although they're different characters Naked and Solid act exactly the same).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't buy the whole so women can be attracted, because Snake is getting old. Isn't the target audience us guys? How many women even play MGS?

It was one of Kojima's worst moves if not his worst. However, he did do a good job in bouncing back and making Raiden a cool supporting character in MGS4.

I think a spin off game of Raiden would be even more alluring if he had been a support character in MGS2. It would give more incentive to learn about him and what not.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's intense.

If you can find a used controller, that's your cheapest bet. Though, you can usually find new ones without rumble cheaper, I think. Otherwise they're all pretty much the same price.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
GameStop has Sixaxis controllers on their website for ~$13. I'll probably wind up buying one of those and a protective casing so I don't tear it apart.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My hands are cut up enough. I'm not digging through the trash to take pictures. It was along the seam that wraps around the top and bottom of the controller. The piece between the R1 and R2 buttons shot out, and the charge port partially gave way. Needless to say, yes, I was mad.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Jesus man what the hell got you so angry?

I swear to God I feel like doing that to my controller as well everytime, but there's restraint O_O

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
MvC3? :p I know Serris plays that a lot. I suck too much at FG to rate at it. =(

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Ryu is right. I was having a bad day on top of the game's match-making system making me its ***** six times in a row. Needless to say, the controller is now broken.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Can we stop dwelling on my anger management issues and focus on things like inFamous 2, pretty please? I'm probably putting the money down on the Hero Edition when I get the chance.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
inFamous 2 looks promising, I just hope it does what inFamous set it up for.

I never thought Cole was predicted to become a demigod for China. (lolTroll..)

just6586

Smash Rookie
In the Wii thread, I saw someone mention that all consoles are due to get a price cut soon. Anyone have any idea how much the PS3 price might be cut? Also, is there any chance ever of them re-introducing backwards compatibility; I really don't want to have to part with my PS2 games :(.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You can get a used 80 GB model for $300. It uses software emulation, though. If you want guaranteed compatibility with your library, you're better off with a 60, but it's $50 more. I managed to snag a 60 for $350.84 with a one-year replacement plan. If you want more capacity, you can always hook up an external hard drive or just flat-out replace the one in the PS3.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You're better off going with a Slim and a PS2, honestly.

I have a backwards compatible PS3, and for the most part, it works fine, but it will come across the occasional glitch trying to run a PS2 game. Plus, a Slim won't overheat as much as a Phat, it takes up waaay less space, and you're far less likely to get a YLOD.

Top Bottom