• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This place is beyond dead.

I'm afraid this one's about to be as well. Sony's biggest failure I guess.
Don't post random spam like this. If the thread is not active, either post a new discussion, or don't post at all.

I am pretty happy with the Vita, in that I have played it more than I have played any other handheld before. If the rumors are true, I expect it to really ramp up when the PS4 is released. Now, they are just trying to iron out all the kinks.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
PS4? I thought that was just a rumor at this point. Pretty sure it may be a bit too soon to talk about that.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
That sounds pretty cool. Sadly I have no idea how to make video games, though.
I know, right? Its also such a shame that I don't own a Vita to test anything on.

EDIT: Uhhh, somehow I double posted. No idea how this time. Maybe it was my internet connection.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
ATTENTION DUELISTS.

Walmart, until June 9th is having a Vita promotion. Buy a Vita, get a 50 dollar Walmart Giftcard. So it's pretty much a free game or free memory card.

Alternatively, if you buy the Vita from Walmart online, you get a free travelling case.

Also, another promotion is choose a free game when you purchase a Vita. Uncharted is one of those along with Mod Nation Racers and MLB.

If you want both travelling case and game, it's 280 for the Wifi Vita.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, I just went to Best Buy and played the Vita Gravity Rush demo: all I can say that I want a Vita now.
Too bad I need a new computer more, otherwise I could buy one by September.
Ah, well, at least this will give me more time to see what more the Vita has to offer in the upcoming months.

:phone:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Vita should have Diablo 3. Think about it...
Not gonna happen though. I'm just waiting for a MH game to be announced. Its cool that MH is on 3DS, but it would be even cooler for it to come to Vita.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The closest thing to MH that's been announced for the Vita are Phantasy Star Online II and Soul Sacrifice.
Too bad those won't be out for quite awhile (and PSO2 hasn't been announced for localization).

And I am pretty tempted to go and buy a Vita for Gravity Rush.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got a chance to play Gravity Rush at GS. Seems pretty fun. Really utilizes everything the Vita has to offer. Tilting the system to touch screening for attacks. Though I only played the demo, it got sort of repetitive.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Iunno. Blizzard talks how they want their games to be beyond PC, and tablets/handhelds could easily hold them...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I got a chance to play Gravity Rush at GS. Seems pretty fun. Really utilizes everything the Vita has to offer. Tilting the system to touch screening for attacks. Though I only played the demo, it got sort of repetitive.
For a tutorial, I would say it introduced the basics of the game. No doubt that the full version will take the concept of controlling gravity and do some interesting stuff with it.

I mean, the game looked and felt great, plus the concept was executed well, so it definitely was something that caught my eye.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Gravity Rush is awesome so far, been playing it for a few days now. I'm on chapter 9.
I think it's kind of stupid that I apparently have to get past chapter 17 to actually use the DLC costume I got from my pre-order, whether or not I actually like the outfit (which I kind of don't).

The game flows really well, only possible complaint is that it's pretty hard to die, and there's no real penalty for dying during boss battles because you just start the battle over. There's health restoration items all over the place during boss battles too, and you're basically free to use an entire section of the town you're in to hide out or find stuff to chuck at the boss.
The only other thing I don't like is the sliding mechanic. It just feels wonky and there aren't alternate controls for it. Every time there's been a sliding section, I've just fallen through it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482043

The PSV continues to bomb heavily in Japan this past week, only selling 11,544 units as opposed to 22,638 from last week. (Almost a 50% drop.) It seems that the past "Golden Week" which brought out Persona 4: The Golden and a new White PSV could only boost PSV sales a bit for a week. We're also now entering a 6-week period as to no new retail releases for the handheld.
Welp the Vita sucks it's getting slaughtered by the 3DS preeeeeeeetty hard

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It is getting slaughtered if your original line of thought was that the Vita would sell as much as the 3ds.
No, but I expected it to sell a lot more

Or at least a lot more before they started revealing all the bad things about the system and the fact that it has no games and not even half of its existing games even use the 3G function on the Vita

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
It is because the Vita doesn't have as much dev support as the 3DS does.

It sucks, because devs could do more with a Vita than a 3DS. But that support just isn't there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wouldn't know how much memory each game takes up in terms of save data. I guess you also gotta worry about firmware/game updates and other misc stuff.

Though I do wonder, don't some Vita games have saves built into them? More games should do that if possible.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I mean, that 4GB deal is good for starters, but, like the 360 4GB version, if you play a lot of games, like me, then you'll have to buy a new memory card/hard drive at some point. I see to buy it sooner than later.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sony dropped the ball on the 1.8 firmware update. Sure (some) PSOne classics now work on the Vita, but now memory cards are tied to specific accounts. So if you want to switch to another account but you only have one card, it's mandatory to re-format it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Sony dropped the ball on the 1.8 firmware update. Sure (some) PSOne classics now work on the Vita, but now memory cards are tied to specific accounts. So if you want to switch to another account but you only have one card, it's mandatory to re-format it.
I don't see any problem there. A handheld device is meant to be personal. If you do share the Vita, then you are S.O.L.

But if you're like me, who is the only gamer in my household, then it doesn't even matter.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't see any problem there. A handheld device is meant to be personal. If you do share the Vita, then you are S.O.L.

But if you're like me, who is the only gamer in my household, then it doesn't even matter.

There are games and DLC I have/want from the Japanese PSN, that's the main problem.
If only the Vita used memory sticks, I would be fine. I have three, haha.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
There are games and DLC I have/want from the Japanese PSN, that's the main problem.
If only the Vita used memory sticks, I would be fine. I have three, haha.
But this is Sony we are talking about. It would have been better if they went SD/microSD card, but they need to make more money off of Vita somehow. (Something that is very understandable, especially considering the fact that Sony sells each Vita at a loss.)

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
You guys think the PS Vita is worth the money? I haven't had a PlayStation since the PS2 and the lineup doesn't look super impressive to me. I've been thinking about buying one now or saving more for the Wii U. What do you guys think I should do?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Take a look at its library of games, as well as upcoming releases. The Vita is a solid system, but it doesn't have a lot worth playing imo.

Do some research on it, because it's quite an investment even after its price drop. Plus, you'll also need to purchase memory to go with it, and that's pretty expensive too, depending on what size you go for.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice.

It was just sort of an idea that I considered, never really planned on getting anything over the U.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You guys think the PS Vita is worth the money? I haven't had a PlayStation since the PS2 and the lineup doesn't look super impressive to me. I've been thinking about buying one now or saving more for the Wii U. What do you guys think I should do?
I agree with Lyth. What made Vita worth it to me was, I already had some PSN games I could put on my Vita, I can do remote play on my PS3 (and eventually with a PS4), there were some games I wanted including imports, and now that I have PS+, I have even more games than I can handle since you get a lot of free stuff. Since a lot of this doesn't suit your situation, you should pass, even though I really like my Vita.

Wii U's not in the best situation and suffers from the same problems (among others), so just save up your money and maybe decide around fall at the earliest, imo. There's not a lot of games for either at the moment.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Vita is not worth the money right now. It is one of those systems that is going to be dead until a whole ton of games pops out of nowhere for it. Sony just needs to lead the charge.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so i just found this thread and im quite bored so

the vita is a wonderful little console, but it just doesn't have the exclusive game lineup to make it worthwhile for most people - the best games on there imo (persona 4 golden, disgaea 3, metal gear solid, rayman origins, atelier totori if you like that sort of stuff) are mostly remakes of successful games or playable on other consoles, and the exclusives it does have (gravity rush i guess?) are ok, but not worth busting your wallet for

that said, i love my vita, it is so much more comfortable to hold and play with than any other console i've tried, and i cant recommend it enough for someone who wants to game on the go

in other news, jak & daxter trilogy coming to vita, do i buy it? (i own and have beaten the ps2 editions of all three...)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
NISA announced they're localizing Dangan Ronpa for the Vita early 2014. Everyone with a Vita needs to get it so we can get number 2.​

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'll get a vita if I can get one for an amazing deal, or when Sony drops the price of one. I respect the console, but my 3DS is just way more appealing right now.

I'm waiting for Sony to make some good exclusives and what features that it will have with the PS4.

Top Bottom