• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation All-Stars Beta Response

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Playstation All-Stars Beta Feedback Thread
New update from Sony! View quote below!

If you would like keys for the Playstation All-Stars beta, send me a PM. Below is a list of people who have been given keys. If you receive a beta key you agree to the following two conditions.
  1. You will not livestream the Playstation All-Stars beta
  2. You will post feedback in this thread
  3. You may make Youtube videos
Sony is looking for feedback on the beta for PS All-Stars. I would recommend keeping a notepad next to you as you play and to jot down any thoughts you have. Specifically:

Sony said:
The game code in the beta now several months old--many details have changed already, many bugs eliminated, etc. so the most valuable thing we can get from the playtest really is overall feedback on fun, game systems, online performance, matchmaking, etc. I realize it's easier to comment on smaller details where things are obviously broken, but that's just less valuable to us as we're already very aware and those things changed long ago. Things like the game's core systems, most of the controls, and even overall character notes (though the AP gain and properties of many moves have changed as well) etc--that's where we could really use great feedback from experienced players.
"The most valuable thing we can get from the playtest really is overall
feedback on fun, game systems, online performance, matchmaking, etc."

Playstation All-Star Beta Keys

Special
Chibo (10 Keys) - These beta keys will be distributed through watching his livestream!
  • @seanzeidler
  • @Paw12
  • @eric02942420
  • @djarcatek
  • @L3ff3n
AlphaZealot (X Keys) - These beta keys will be distributed through my twitter!
Winners
  • @macotaco
  • @CEOJebailey
  • @JsmoothX
  • @GSlieden
  • @Zarkoom
  • @Boke18
  • @Phoenix_3_tears
  • @_Lunaxo
  • @Filthierich

Normal
MrEh (3 Keys) - Keys delivered (8/3/2012)
dabuz (3 Keys) - Keys delivered (8/3/2012)
Red Arremer (3 Keys) - Keys delivered (8/3/2012)
gallax (2 Keys) - Keys delivered (8/3/2012)
ScaryLB59 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Infinitysmash (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
GunmasterLombardi (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Jinkwai (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Thrillhouse-vh. (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
theeboredone (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Rykoshet (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Link360 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
soviet prince (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Zook (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
bubbyhoop1 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Twinkie (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/3/2012)
Aerodrome (1 Key) - Key delievered (8/3/2012)
DEHF (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
Seagull Joe (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
Bionic (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
[YRSF] Tin Man (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
TheReflexWonder (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
Vermanubis (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/8/2012)
DRN (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Vex Kasrani (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
God-is-my-rock (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Eternal Phoenix Fire (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Watertails (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Werekill (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
PDOT (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Gears (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Yellowlink (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Red Arremer (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Lazybomber (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
STEM (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Killer Instinct (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Stingers (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Subzero847 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Sqid (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Blacknight99923 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/14/2012)
Teczero (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
Mic_128 (2 Keys) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
Krystedez (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
aisight (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
dtj glyphmoney (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
Gatlin (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
Sky Pirate (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/15/2012)
DalegendarySamus (3 Keys) - Keys delivered (8/15/2012)
Zelink (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
Sables (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
Hylian (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
Kuro~ (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
John2k4 (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
mventre (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/16/2012)
X iLink X (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/23/2012)
Jinkwai (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/23/2012)
Mike G (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/23/2012)
Purdi (1 Key) - Key delivered (8/23/2012)

Link360

Smash Cadet
For some reason I've been getting a lot of freezing during matches and seemingly only when using Parappa as my character.

ADDITION: At the end of matches the winning/losing poses of the characters don't often correlate whatsoever with whoever actually won/lost the match

Sly's ability to control the camera after his Level 3 super is broken, along with the trails of electricity he can create

Lots of teleport-lag as described by the others as well

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
It's fun so far despite a cluster of bugs.

In one match I couldn't pick up AP balls.

In another match I missed with Sweet Tooth's Lv. 1 but I didn't lose the AP.

That's all I have for now...

Link360

Smash Cadet
Radec got stuck swimming on the top of the level (on land) with 10 seconds left on the Jak n Daxter level after another Radec did his super, and the time was frozen.

I have a question.

So one of the conditions of this is that we can't live stream this, but do the restrictions extend to just that? Would it be bad if I made a Youtube video, or took a bunch of pictures?

I'm about to play this, so I'd like to know.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If I activate Kratos's level 1 and someone else activates a level 3, the people I would have hit in the level 1 glitch out, stand there, and are not touchable for the rest of the match until it goes to time. I've actually forced this once (or rather I threw it, expecting someone to use their level 3, and they happened to) so it's not just a one offf.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have a question.

So one of the conditions of this is that we can't live stream this, but do the restrictions extend to just that? Would it be bad if I made a Youtube video, or took a bunch of pictures?

I asked the same thing. lol

Read the ToS?

What features are available offline?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I have a question.

I'm sure pictures and videos would help explain bugs.

Some matches made characters "teleport" across maps constantly. I would be at one spot on the map then someone may be hitting me at a different spot instantly. I guess some people had a poor connection.

I think that is an issue with the system Superbot has for preventing slowdown. Mario Kart Wii used the same kind of thing and had the same issue.

Notes:
-Parappa the Rappa's Level 3 Super freezes the timer and the remaining players in the game indefinitely. Parappa the Rappa can still do whatever he wants, but the other 3 players can't move from their place nor attack. The only way out is to quit out of the game.

-During Sly Cooper's Level 3 Super, you can control the camera like you're supposed to, but when it ends, the game doesn't resume with the regular camera. Sly Cooper is still in control of it, and can aim it wherever he pleases until the game ends.

-Game freezes for a split second when time is up, as opposed to the game ending in slow motion. Don't know if this is because of lag.

I'll be releasing some basic info guides for the newer players to get a head-start on this game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know what caused it, but in a match with Parappas, a third Parappa clone was made onto the left side of the LBP stage. He just stood there. Can't hit him, and he can't hit you. Essentially a "ghost".

I haven't really encountered any other glitches outside the fact that everyone looks "bummed out", even if you win the match lol.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Here's a dump of some notes I took while playing tonight:

-At the end of each match, everybody is nearly always in their losing pose. I did get a few matches where someone who didn't win was in a victory pose, oddly.

-The music dies out at the character select screen after each match. To get it back, I need to go back to the title screen.

-Fat Princess is extremely hindered by not being able to have out multiple minions at a time. I can see problems that would happen were she able to have out as many as she wanted, but the ability to have out a maximum of 3 or so wouldn't break her. At the very least, she should be able to cancel minions into other minions.

-Fat Princess's entrance looks strange; he head is already fat even though her body isn't. It looks very creepy, in a bad way.

-Fat Princess's grounded down triangle attack (the one similar to Bowser's down special) seems useless, as it has a really long charge time and she doesn't rise very far off the ground.

-Fat Princess is really easily knocked out of most of her moves, mainly her level 1 super. It would be nice if she got some super armor on some moves.

-In the Rachet & Clank stage, I had trouble picking up items with Radec. This happened at least twice with a rocket launcher that spawned in the middle of the stage after the dragon appeared.

-I was very skeptical at the meter system at first, but after playing around, it actually works really well for a party game. I'm not so sure how this would carry over to competitive play.

-The music and graphics are impressive.

-The characters felt rather static when they weren't attacking. It would be nice if their standing animations felt more natural.

Link360

Smash Cadet
Anyone else feel Sly is a bit broken/OP?

His Level 1 is seriously broken, there needs to be more of a delay before Murray comes out, and that Level 3 glitch ruins the entire match when it happens.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
pros

-the game is better then I thought and that's saying something

- did I say it is fun :p

flaws

- characters tend to be to small when the map zooms out and makes it hard to see, my cousin even commented on that when he seen me playing without any input from me.

- there needs to be a way to tell you got a level 2 or 3 super without having to look at the bar constantly. Maybe a sound or animation.

glitches

- not sure if it a glitch or from people leaving the match but there was characters in plenty of matches that just stood still and did nothing.

- still images of fighters would appear on screen( mostly pararappa)

- games froze up couple of times toward the end

- super meter was opaque for a little while during a match

- a radek was running to the right none stop, again don't know if glitch or controller problems

- losing animations is put on everyone regardless of who wins

- on the lbp stage the answers did not go to the proper places and just stayed in the corner so no way to answer the question.

- a copy of kratos after a hit stayed laying on the ground while the real kratos kept playing( sorry don't really know how to explain this well)

- when use radek and sly coopers level 3 players will either stand motionless or not spawn back after the kill

weird note:
prob played 20 times and did not get metroplis once :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've also experienced music cutting out on the select screen after your first match. I sort of have not gone back and experimented on this, but does everyone have relatively the same fall and jumping speed?

Been playing as Kratos primarily. He seems like your "all around" guy. A respectable ranged attack that I don't think will work in One on One, but in FFA, it can be a nuisance. His close quarters attacks have some range to them, and you can easily set them into combos by popping your opponent up in the air.

And I dunno if it's cause everyone likes picking the same character sometimes, but zoomed in or not, sweet mother, I always lose track of where I am. They need to figure out a way to make characters easier to identify. Especially if you pick the same one. I like the black Kratos though. That's a good start.

I also feel like SuperBot should add one more win and lose animation. Too many times I have Kratos, Parappa, or whoever do the same losing animation. It especially sucks if a match has 3 Kratos and they are all punching at the screen. I know Kratos has another one, but I think a third animation would help.

Finally, is there a way to do a level 1 super if you have 2 bars filled up?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Anyone else feel Sly is a bit broken/OP?

His Level 1 is seriously broken, there needs to be more of a delay before Murray comes out, and that Level 3 glitch ruins the entire match when it happens.
I agree with the Level 1 being broken. That hippo comes out of nowhere really fast.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Playing on Metropolis as PaRappa, I keep randomly teleporting across the map. I started my Super and just ended up doing it on the other side of the screen, missing all three enemies in what would have gotten me the victory. Unless there is some teleporter on that stage, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned. EDIT: It seems to happen on Sandover Village, but never on Hades or Dreamscape

The insane amount of glitches and bugs in this also make it hard to tell if a move is good or not, as sometimes PaRappa's Up + O doesn't even do anything

Sly's Murray super and Fat Princess's Chicken super collided upon activation and froze the game for a good while (I assume it's about the time of the chicken super)

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
round 2

- the clone glitched happened more often this time with radek as well

- items are difficult to pick up

- music needs a tune up

- hard to keep track of character on screen they seem to teloport to random places as well

- again there needs to be a better way to tell that you earned a new level super without having to keep looking down and losing track of character

the game is fun though and have not lost any hype for this game

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Couple of notes:

Parappa's LV2 can start without him saying "I gotta believe!" and going into that slow motion of him grabbing his skateboard. When that doesn't happen, you really get blindsided and screwed.

Not sure if it's lag, but I'll roll behind someone, he'll miss his attacks but then I will teleport back to where I was and get combo'd.

I had to quit my game a few times, cause I couldn't connect to anyone after multiple tries and getting a network error.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
The beta was really fun, I played 16+ hours over the two days and thought the game was much better than expected.

Things I love about the game:

-Every character feels authentic to their game and fills a different role. I used Parappa and Fat Princess the most because they both feel like fast paced characters that focus on pressuring and trapping their opponents. Radec was also a character I used a lot because his zoning game is strong.
-The pace is a moderate speed.
-Each character feels fun.
-Good balance.
-Super system works well.
-Well executed gameplay ideas + concepts.
-Overall combat is smartly designed.
-Every stage has something to make it memorable.
-The combo system feels intuitive.

Glitches not yet mentioned:
-Every level 3 except fat princess's causes the game to freeze or be unplayable oftentimes.
-If a player is grabbed during the startup of their super, the grab is broken. Not sure if it's actually a glitch, but that needs to be fixed.
-When going to pick up an item, characters oftentimes won't pick up the item.
-Radec's neutral circle (sticky grenade) will stick to two players at once if one of the two players are hit mid-throw.
-Pressing start in game sometimes won't open up the menu. Even when the menu does open up, pressing "quit" will not quit out.

General issues:
-No battle music.
-Rolling has too many invincibility frames on cooldown.
-Many platforms are not fall through.
-Hard to see where your character is or what he is doing sometimes due to the lack of bright colorization and huge stages causing a lot of zoom out.
-A lot of moves and air-ground or ground-air transitions feel awkward and tanky.
-In overtime, it doesn't feel fair to the top two players for everyone to be playing when it's a tiebreaker.
-Alternate costumes need to be more distinct.
-Grabs not giving the initiating player any meter is a really poor idea, the reward for throwing someone and only dropping their meter slightly is not enough to make grabbing a favorable option.
-Online consistently can't find opponents and can be very laggy.

Individual character issues:

Kratos:
-Needs to build meter a bit faster.
-When Kratos does his forward square move and he pulls down the opponent, if they get pulled into the platform, they completely stop.
-An audio or visual cue on his counter during startup and activation would be very cool.
-The hammer shockwave doesn't' slide across the ground on uneven surfaces.

Parappa:
-Hitbox on his level 1 is extremely difficult to make out
-You need to jump in order to turn around with his level 2 super.
-Even if Parappa gets killed, his jukebox (down circle) should remain out on the field, it's almost always low risk-moderate reward when using that move.

Fat Princess:
-Her Neutral-Circle and Side-Circle are too similar, it would be cool to see her side-circle turned into a shoryuken, or anything different than what she has.
-Hitboxes on square moves are bigger than what they appear to be.
-Level 2 is really underpowered, a lot of characters can beat it with their level 1 super, it's also easy to run away from it. I would like to see either an airdash buff or a complete overhaul of this move.

Sweet Tooth:
-Sad to see the reduction of the number of mines he can place on the field down to 1 mine at a time. He isn't a great character IMO so him getting a buff in this department would be good.

Radec:
-Way too much invincibility on his down square (grenade teleport).
-It seems strange that he can only aim most of his guns straight, an option to aim slightly up or down with his weapons would differentiate his projectiles from the characters with lighter projectile focus.

Sly:
-Didn't touch this character much, so no comments.

HexagonalZebra

Smash Rookie

-Level 2 is really underpowered, a lot of characters can beat it with their level 1 super, it's also easy to run away from it. I would like to see either an airdash buff or a complete overhaul of this move.
Sorry but this is completely untrue. Almost everytime I play a Fat Princess, they get their chicken and almost always kill 4 people before finishing the attack.

Her level 2 super lasts WAY too long and is also really easy to obtain. I have played with people who have gotten their level 2 super four times in one match and have played with people who have gotten 5 kills with their level 2 super.

If anything, her level 2 super needs to be nerfed severely, along with Sly's level 1 super (which in my opinion is the most overpowered attack in the beta).

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm dying to get into this beta to try it out and write some notes on it, when U.S PS+ gets it, I'll be sure to post here.

I still remember being #1 most viewed on youtube for a single day when I uploaded videos of Brawl's pre-release JP store demo, lol.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Sorry but this is completely untrue. Almost everytime I play a Fat Princess, they get their chicken and almost always kill 4 people before finishing the attack.

Her level 2 super lasts WAY too long and is also really easy to obtain. I have played with people who have gotten their level 2 super four times in one match and have played with people who have gotten 5 kills with their level 2 super.

If anything, her level 2 super needs to be nerfed severely, along with Sly's level 1 super (which in my opinion is the most overpowered attack in the beta).
Ohai, I remember playing with you quite a bit. I've experienced plenty of matches where someone threw out their super and killed the FP chicken extremely easily. Also had many matches where the chicken doesn't get a kill or gets only one, it really relies on opponents not paying attention to the bar of FP so she can dash in while opponents are still doing something else.

I agree completely with those sentiments on Sly's level 1.

zmx

Smash Lord
Thanks again Chibo for the Beta code (I was one of the ones that got it from the stream last night).

I will have a full report eventually. Right now I'm just learning as much as I can. I've already found out that Kratos has a tech chase. So expect tech chases in the game.

As for glitches, well......sometimes my PS3 will freeze mid/end match, sometimes holograms of the players will stick on the screen while they are still playing, sometimes you'll randomly teleport to the other side.

However, Superbot stated this build was just for testing Wifi, and they've fixed several glitches in the latest build. And I must say, this Wifi is smoother than Brawl has ever been including 1 vs 1s. So kudos to Superbot. Take notes Nintendo.

zmx

Smash Lord
Ohai, I remember playing with you quite a bit. I've experienced plenty of matches where someone threw out their super and killed the FP chicken extremely easily. Also had many matches where the chicken doesn't get a kill or gets only one, it really relies on opponents not paying attention to the bar of FP so she can dash in while opponents are still doing something else.

I agree completely with those sentiments on Sly's level 1.
I agree with this.

I don't think it can hit if you just stay high in the air. You just have to be ready for it as it is admittedly pretty fast.

I will say however that iirc SuperBot did say they nerfed Fat Princess by having her accumulate AP at a slower rate.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Hihi, man these forums have changed.

Most of the glitches I've come across have been mentioned already.

Radec is absurd amounts of fun to play.

Sly is super annoying.

That is all~

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Glitches
-Got the Buzz glitch where the answers aren’t on platforms
-My avatar didn’t show up at all on the win screen.
-The wrong win/lose avatars on the win screen. In fact, a Parappa actually won, started with the winning avatar and turned into a losing avatar at the score screen.
-Got a psuedo ghost glitch after Parapa’s level 3 where people didn’t move but could get hit. I assume disconnects.
-I did Radec’s level 3 in response to Sly’s level 2. After I killed him, he disappeared completely from the game with the exception of his cane that was floating in the air.
-Still getting glitches where I can’t pick up items on multiple stages, mostly on Ratchet’s stage.
-After Sly’s level 3, the game continued with Sly remaining in control of the camera with the blue arrows.
-If something goes wrong during the stage loading screen, I assume you get stuck on that load screen.

General Complaints
-These stages are huge. Probably too big. I assume it’s too late to fix this, but I can’t see matches with Radecs and other gunmen being easy to see. Doesn’t help my current gaming monitor is a dying CRT. Maybe if they increase the general character size or make them glow a certain way?
-Why are the voices so loud? It’s like their 4-8db above everything else.
-Are there wall techs in this game? If not, people who know their wall combos are going to get hella meter. I hope they were calculated in the “infinite avoidance” system.
-Couldn’t find anyone to play with 10am EST. I assume that has more to do with the time than connection issues.

Feel
-Smooth Netcode. I’m using Highspeed. Don’t feel held down by other’s connections.
-Movement feels right.
-Everything feel punishable, which I think is a very good thing. Nothing seems spammable so far.
-Items feel pretty good to me. I have to be more accurate with picking up and using them, but that’s not a bad thing. My favorite are the boots.

Character Balance
-I’m digging the inherent balance every character has. Seems like everybody can rush down and zone to some capacity. Radec is the only character I give that exception to. They made sure you he can’t rush down
-I’m pretty positive Sly is the best character, but he is far from broken. Maybe it’s the fanboy in me, but he feels very fair. I hope he stays the same for the most part.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
There is visual cue on kratos's counter. Plus is makes a sound. Hell, it glows when it's activated.

Despite his great combos, Kratos builds meter pretty terribly.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
round 3

glitches

- the game starts with some characters not moving at all and remain that way until end game ( sometimes they telaport to random places but that's it. they don't participate in fighting)

- when playing as sly, when I died my power bar remianed in the state as if I was still dead ( opaque)

- sly level 3 remained in the game way after the super was over

miner prob

- have to mention losing track of your character and not being able to tell when you reach the next level super hate to beat a dead horse but that's really my only major complaint other then

- stages may be to big resulting in making the characters a little to small

Top Bottom