• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation All-Stars Beta Response

zmx

Smash Lord
round 3

glitches

- the game starts with some characters not moving at all and remain that way until end game ( sometimes they telaport to random places but that's it. they don't participate in fighting)

- when playing as sly, when I died my power bar remianed in the state as if I was still dead ( opaque)

- sly level 3 remained in the game way after the super was over

miner prob

- have to mention losing track of your character and not being able to tell when you reach the next level super hate to beat a dead horse but that's really my only major complaint other then

- stages may be to big resulting in making the characters a little to small
That's something you'll just get used to, who didn't keep losing track of their character when they first played Smash bros? And I'm glad they kept the super meter kind of ambiguous. It rewards players that actually pay attention to all 4 super meters on screen.

The stages are big but you have to remember this isn't brawl. It doesn't reward camping nearly as much. So stages being big isn't a huge issue. You still have to get in and build meter.

Also keep in mind these are just four stages plus I like the size of one of the GoW stage.

The dojo stage doesn't seem big and we don't know how big the other stages and leaked stages will be.

Lastly I've encountered all the glitches you've mentioned.

Edit:

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Short Hopping will probably become even more useful in this game than Smash. This is because your general movement speed on the ground tends to be rather slow so jumping around is much faster and is great for crossups.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
How floaty is it on a scale of 1-5

5 being brawl and 1 being melee

CerebralKing4ev

Smash Rookie
I love this game PSASBR!!! is going to be epicly awesome and can't wait to put my hands on it when it comes out. I especially love all the characters SuperbotEnt already announced,and the classic stages pretty smooth and clear very fun to play in it. With the leak going on seeing Dante= As my DMC's favorite animated swordsman, Crash Bandicoot= cool Classic adventure character ,and MGS Raiden= OMG epic awesomeness!!! ,and i can't wait for more leaks to come by and see what other classic characters,and stages are going to be shown to us very pleased. Ialso want to get my hands on the beta code but im just patiently waiting for it to hit my email inbox ,and so be it for later on if i get it. fingers crossed,and share please thank you...

zmx

Smash Lord
I love this game PSASBR!!! is going to be epicly awesome and can't wait to put my hands on it when it comes out. I especially love all the characters SuperbotEnt already announced,and the classic stages pretty smooth and clear very fun to play in it. With the leak going on seeing Dante= As my DMC's favorite animated swordsman, Crash Bandicoot= cool Classic adventure character ,and MGS Raiden= OMG epic awesomeness!!! ,and i can't wait for more leaks to come by and see what other classic characters,and stages are going to be shown to us very pleased. Ialso want to get my hands on the beta code but im just patiently waiting for it to hit my email inbox ,and so be it for later on if i get it. fingers crossed,and share please thank you...
Don't bet your money on Crash Bandicoot. He's owned by Activision and Activision sucks.

Killer Instinct

Smash Rookie
Wow I'm surprised that the Smash Community praises this game. I thought most of you guys would call this a "cold hearted" smash rip-off. You guys actually like the game so far and gave your honest opinions on the game without raging or swearing. I'm kind of a Sony fan (I played hours and hours of all 3 smash games) and I like how nintendo fans are approaching the game with an open mind.

Killer Instinct

Smash Rookie
So who is your favorite character in he beta so far? And judging by everyone on the internet Sly is basically OP I believe

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sly and Parappa are definitely the "cool" characters for me, but I don't really play with them. Kratos is my guy for now.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How floaty is it on a scale of 1-5

5 being brawl and 1 being melee

Is Parappa's Level 3 glitched? I notice when my opponent uses it that my character sometimes decides he doesn't want to move until he or she is killed.

Down standard attacks are overshadowed by everything else. There's no reason for me to use them ever. To put it into smash perspective, it's like Sony gave everyone Snake's up tilt, MK's forward tilt and Falco's jab, and then gave everyone Jigglypuff's down tilt. Does anyone feel the same way? Battle Royale's "down tilts" all seem useless.

Also a minor thing, but taunts. Each character only has one yeah? Some of them (Sweet Tooth, Parappa and Radac to some extent) are not noticeable at all because they don't do much and they don't make much sound plus because of how wildly the screen moves when people are flying everywhere...

Make them all Sly tier~

YOU ARE NO CHALLENGE
AND
NO
FUN~

Also not sure if it's a glitch, but Sly can execute his taunt while invisible and stay invisible, but he can't go invisible once he uses it.

More to come soon~

zmx

Smash Lord

Is Parappa's Level 3 glitched? I notice when my opponent uses it that my character sometimes decides he doesn't want to move until he or she is killed.

Down standard attacks are overshadowed by everything else. There's no reason for me to use them ever. To put it into smash perspective, it's like Sony gave everyone Snake's up tilt, MK's forward tilt and Falco's jab, and then gave everyone Jigglypuff's down tilt. Does anyone feel the same way? Battle Royale's "down tilts" all seem useless.

Also a minor thing, but taunts. Each character only has one yeah? Some of them (Sweet Tooth, Parappa and Radac to some extent) are not noticeable at all because they don't do much and they don't make much sound plus because of how wildly the screen moves when people are flying everywhere...

Make them all Sly tier~

YOU ARE NO CHALLENGE
AND
NO
FUN~

Also not sure if it's a glitch, but Sly can execute his taunt while invisible and stay invisible, but he can't go invisible once he uses it.

More to come soon~
Incorrect.

Down normals have a lot of usage in this game. You need to do more testing. They open up a lot of room for combo potential.

For Parappa try: square, square, down square

This is much better than the full combo because it opens up room for more better rewarding hits afterwords.

Another different example is Radec's down Triangle. It's a completely different move entirely (grenade) and a solid one at that.

Also, a lot of Level 3s can cause glitches in this build.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Radec's down triangle is broken, lewl

I meant square though.

Can you can square, square, up square? Down square tends to knock people on the ground which annoys me since I can't seem to follow up on it lol. (Might just be me, or maybe it's just harder because there's 3 people attacking me.)

zmx

Smash Lord
Radec's down triangle is broken, lewl

I meant square though.

Can you can square, square, up square? Down square tends to knock people on the ground which annoys me since I can't seem to follow up on it lol. (Might just be me, or maybe it's just harder because there's 3 people attacking me.)
With Parappa? Pretty sure I've done square, square, down square and it launched them a bit upwards allowing room for more combos. I'll check again. Up square should work as well.

Edit:

I just checked. Yeah it depends on timing. It will cause a hard knockdown if you don't follow up but with good timing you can followup.

Either way it's a win win situation. If it causes a hard knockdown that means you get to tech chase. You can definitely followup after hard knockdowns, I do it all the time with Kratos.

So yeah, it's a solid down normal. Definitely not underpowered.

I haven't found any attacks yet that seemed useless at all. In terms of moves (not including Supers) this game seems very balanced.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh, I just meant with characters in general. I've been using Fat Princess and Sly and both of theirs knock opponents on the ground. I wasn't aware that parappa's knocked them up.

zmx

Smash Lord
Well like I said, if they knock them down, that's a really good thing. It allows for tech chases if you can guess which way they'll roll.

Oh and Parappa's knocks them a little up, then down. So you have a small window to do something before the hard knockdown is caused by it.

Edit:

The gameplay is turning out to be tons better than I expected. I'll even go so far and say that when it comes to free for alls, it already has Smash beat.

No running away forever/planking and then only going in for kills. Very smooth wifi and players overall seem to be more intelligent than randoms in basic brawl.

seanze

Smash Rookie
Won the beta on twitter

First time post! After I won a beta code from the twitter contest, I was asked if I could post here with my impressions, so here it goes :)

Pros:
All the characters seemed balance
Good mix between button masher/careful combos
Smooth game play (when it doesn't bug out)
Great music
Insanely fun

Cons:
Characters are too small/stages are too big. It is hard to keep track of my character in all of the chaos.
Need an easier way to tell what super level I'm at. If I look down at the characters AP meters, I usually get hit because I took my eyes off the action.

Glitches:
When Parappa did his level 3 during the end of the quiz in the LBP/Buzz stage, the game froze a bit then zoomed into the background for the rest of the match.
Characters don't respawn sometimes after death (happens randomly)
Characters are unable to move after death (again, at random times)

Suggestions:
While it may be to late to make the stages smaller, what about making the characters just a little bit bigger? Keep everything the same, just make the characters a little larger.
Create an different colored aura around the characters for different leveled supers

Overall, I love this game. At first I wasn't sold on the 'Supers only death', but I quickly got used to it and I have it pre-ordered on Amazon. I don't know if this can beat SSB, but it is definitely the most fun I have had with a fighter since SSB :) Now all they need is Crash!

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Glitches
-Buzz’s Patapon question wasn’t completely shown.
-Two fish can appear at the same time on Sandover Village. Not sure it that was intentional or not.
-I was not able to get AP balls at random times.
-Radec’s lv 3 is way too screwy. When it’s activated, you can’t even see the character during the starup animation. It takes a weird camera angle.
- Also during Radec’s lv 3, one time after activation, everybody else’s meter remained dim, meaning we were considered dead even though we didn’t die. Because of that, we were not able to gain any meter for the rest of the match.
-Sly's Lv 3 is still game-breaking as hell. People are still abusing the glitch.

General Complaints
-I question the reward system for answering Buzz’s questions correctly. It’s hard as hell to stay on the platform with 4 people.
-I fell through the bridge on Sandover Village a lot. Probably because I was Parappa

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
A Buzz question totally just popped up during the score screen.

And my system has frozen three times since yesterday.

zmx

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

Kratos does not build meter too slowly after all. You just have to get good with his combos and followups and good with him in general. I find myself building meter at a very reliable rate now.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Has the supply of beta codes been exhausted? I wanted to give this game a try and list my impressions. I also wanted to see what it looks like on an HDTV setup instead of Youtube vids.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE:

Kratos does not build meter too slowly after all. You just have to get good with his combos and followups and good with him in general. I find myself building meter at a very reliable rate now.
I gotta agree. Plus, with the size of his hitboxes, it's pretty easy to get a "happy birthday" combo when you hit a group of people. That's a ton of meter.

Has the supply of beta codes been exhausted? I wanted to give this game a try and list my impressions. I also wanted to see what it looks like on an HDTV setup instead of Youtube vids.
This game looks great 1080p. I was concerned that this game was too cartoony, but they found a good middle ground to make all characters look pretty good. Fat Princess still looks weird, but whatever.

zmx

Smash Lord
Another bug: With Parappa, one time I used the AP generating jukebox, it twitched and didn't produce any AP.
Hey Dabuz.

I think I played you if your PSN ID is Dabuz something. I'm Blaze19_0x btw.

I'm curious who's your main so far?

Edit:

In fact I'm curious about everyone's mains actually. Lol. Right now I think all the characters seem really balanced. Some supers might be OP, especially some Level 3s. But when it comes to overall standard attacks I don't see anyone pulling ahead.

Edit:

Parappa's level 3 seems to glitch the game the most. It causes everyone to stop moving except Parappa. I actually took advantage of this just now lol, to experiment more with his attacks without anyone attacking me.

I found out that Parappa's and Radec's down throw causes a hard knockdown which means tech chases! Not sure about the others.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
From playing the game so far I feel like Radec and Sly are overpowered compared to the rest of the characters.

Sly's level 1 is far to easy to land on characters and is capable of killing everyone.

Radec I think is the best character out of the 6 characters so far. His keep away game is so strong and he build meter for his level 1 so fast, which is capable of killing 3 characters at once at a far distance. His level is also capable of homing in on people and is easy to set up for your if you land a side O.

The easier it is to land your level 1, kill 3 people, and build meter the better the character is imo and so far those 2 are far better than the rest.

zmx

Smash Lord
From playing the game so far I feel like Radec and Sly are overpowered compared to the rest of the characters.

Sly's level 1 is far to easy to land on characters and is capable of killing everyone.

Radec I think is the best character out of the 6 characters so far. His keep away game is so strong and he build meter for his level 1 so fast, which is capable of killing 3 characters at once at a far distance. His level is also capable of homing in on people and is easy to set up for your if you land a side O.

The easier it is to land your level 1, kill 3 people, and build meter the better the character is imo and so far those 2 are far better than the rest.
I agree about Sly's level 1. However, in general I don't think he's OP. Only his level 1 and 3 arguably.

I disagree regarding Radec's level 1. It's not OP at all considering that if you get hit anytime while doing it, it'll cancel out. Its startup is too slow as well. In a 1 vs 1 situation I can see it being very difficult to land unless you get the side O to land which also is rather slow.

Edit:

I don't know how long you've played the game. I'll admit, I initially thought those 2 were really OP as well but I think you might need to play it a bit more.

As of now when using my main (Kratos) I usually win against them and when I don't, I always feel as it was because I made stupid mistakes/got outplayed. Never because I was facing OP characters.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah ZMX, that's me. If I had to pick a main, it would probably be Parappa, although Fat Princess is really good as well IMO. Radec is definitely my secondary, mostly because he is very troll for FFAs.

zmx

Smash Lord
I see. I'm maining Kratos as of now. He's the character I learned the controls with and I guess he's grown on me. Or maybe I just love how he has a lot of diverse tools.

However, I plan on using everyone to some extent eventually. Right now Parappa I'd say is my secondary.

Edit:

LOL I figured you'd love Radec considering you're an Oli main.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hey, I don't main Radec :x Parappa is cool because he has an amazing rushdown along with hit and run toolset, along with fast moves to punish. Fat Princess screams frame traps galore to me, which is plain godlike.

zmx

Smash Lord
I know what you mean when it comes to Parappa. Parappa's air game kind of reminds me of Wario. He can attack from various angles and cross you up really easily.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah. He also has a lot of safe moves on block. Neutral-O is amazing btw, I already got almost a full bar combo if I can land it, and if I have a bar, it combos into his level 1.

zmx

Smash Lord
Interesting. I always forget about that move for some reason.

What combos have you found useful btw?

I think square, square, down square is a good startup (better than the square infinite) because it launches them slightly into the air allowing for more followups.

zmx

Smash Lord
Cool.

I'll have to try that out. In fact, you should be able to do square neutral X2 before that for even more AP.

Edit:

Just tried out Fat Princess a few times and I already know what you mean by frame traps. She can put seperate big hitboxes on screen (the villagers from FP) while attacking with herself. I can definitely see a ton of potential for inescapable strings because of this.

Link360

Smash Cadet
I think I like this game more than Brawl and I'm not exaggerating, but I've definitely noticed that sometimes it can be annoyingly hard to find a match at points and that something just feels off about Sweet Tooth's Level 1. Hitting with Parappa's Level 1 can also be very shoddy at points, probably just because of the lag though.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice

While I understand where you're coming from, I pretty much disagree. Due to his design, Sly may be a bit too good, but not exactly unfair.

Radec is not the best character in this game. He is solid. His moveset is very ideal for a FFA game, but he is not overpowered.

If I had to make a tier list, here's what it would be:

Sly
Parappa
Kratos
Radec
Fat Princess
Sweet Tooth

The only places I'm solid on is Sly and Parappa. They both have the tools to handle a number of different match types pretty well.

I think I like this game more than Brawl and I'm not exaggerating, but I've definitely noticed that sometimes it can be annoyingly hard to find a match at points and that something just feels off about Sweet Tooth's Level 1. Hitting with Parappa's Level 1 can also be very shoddy at points, probably just because of the lag though.
I already like this game more than Brawl. Can't wait to start doing tourneys for this thing.

zmx

Smash Lord
While I understand where you're coming from, I pretty much disagree. Due to his design, Sly may be a bit too good, but not exactly unfair.

Radec is not the best character in this game. He is solid. His moveset is very ideal for a FFA game, but he is not overpowered.

If I had to make a tier list, here's what it would be:

Sly
Parappa
Kratos
Radec
Fat Princess
Sweet Tooth

The only places I'm solid on is Sly and Parappa. They both have the tools to handle a number of different match types pretty well.

I already like this game more than Brawl. Can't wait to start doing tourneys for this thing.
I think it's way too early to start making tier lists. And as of right now I still maintain that the characters seem too balanced for it to mean much.But yeah, I can't wait for tournys as well. We should setup a tourny for like a week or so after this game comes out.

I think this game rather deserves its own section on this site.

I'm curious. Why do you like this game more than Brawl?

Some things PSASBR already has over Brawl at least for me:

1. No tripping
2. Doesn't reward overtly defensive play.
3. No planking.
4. Fluid combo system.
5. Characters feel relatively balanced. Only a few Supers are arguably overpowered.
6. Representation of several franchises. Most of Brawl's cast has 2-4 characters from the same franchise.
7. Wifi is approximately a million times better already.

Top Bottom