• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-...ayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-685x511.jpg

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Personally I don't like that name because it's too long. Shorten it to PlayStation Battle Royale.

Also I would like to share my wishlist of characters.
1.Nathan Drake-Confirmed
2.Sweet Tooth-Confirmed
3.Kratos-Confirmed
4.Sly Cooper-Confirmed
5.Parappa-Confirmed
6.Colonel Mael Radec-Confirmed
7.Fat Princess-Confirmed
8.Jak and Daxter-Confirmed
9.Ratchet and Clank-Very likely
10.Cole MacGrath-Great Choice for the game
11.Sackboy-Likely
12.Emmett Graves-Likely
13.Nariko-Female character and another good choice
14.Chimera Hybrid-A villain
15.Sir Daniel Fortesque-Cool choice and has many weapons including his own arm.
16.Scarlett Blake-Another Female character
17.Wander-Very good choice
18.Ico-Cool choice
19.Spike/Spector-Ape Escape rep.
20.Gabe Logan-Syphon Filter, enough said

Third Party:
21.Snake-Very popular PS figure.
22.Cloud-If there was a FF rep, first choice would be Strife
23.Crash-Very Important PS figure. Now owned by Activision but he needs to be in this.
24.Spyro-Same reason as Crash
25.Lara Croft-Personal choice
26.Rayman-Personal Choice
I believe there was a source that said that T-body is Nariko.
and Lara Croft was even more associated with Playstation then Crash in the 90s, so I say she may have a better chance then personal choice.but yeah,since Eidos is owned by Square now....

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
now we get to see what the game looks like....

and the talk on this thread will never stop.

oh,and I'm probably gonna main Drake or Parappa.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-...ayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-685x511.jpg

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Personally I don't like that name because it's too long. Shorten it to PlayStation Battle Royale.

Also I would like to share my wishlist of characters.
Third Party:
21.Snake-Very popular PS figure.
22.Cloud-If there was a FF rep, first choice would be Strife
23.Crash-Very Important PS figure. Now owned by Activision but he needs to be in this.
24.Spyro-Same reason as Crash
25.Lara Croft-Personal choice
26.Rayman-Personal Choice
If Rayman's in the game I'd be SO HAPPY, that I wouldn't care if he gets in Smash4.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
so, crusing the net, going by peoples most requested characters, this is the overall result:

-the most requested modern Sony characters are Sackboy, Ratchet, and Cole.

-the most requested classic Sony character is Dart.

-the Most requested 3rd Parties are Cloud, Snake, and Crash.

with 9 hours left, get to crossing your fingers, folks!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Updated the title and the first post with new info, including scans and other miscellaneous info. Figured I should contribute again since I made the thread in the first place, lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gameplay footage looks very similar to Smash. Then again, I think we all knew that going on. My only concern would be how "competitive" it can be. Would be quite the feat to make it a lesser fighting game than Smash.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If Kevin Butler isn't the boss then I'm not interested. :smirk:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just saw the trailer, it looks pretty good and I'm postive I'll buy it, but until I see more gameplay and mechicanics, it's more or less a Rumble Arena rip-off to me. :p

As for that list of wanted 3rd party characters posted above, same here.

Smady

Smash Master
This game looks terrible right now. The graphics are so bloom-y and brown I can't see a thing, can't tell who the characters are except when squinting at the percentage bars [which look awful too, as an aside]. The stages are great, but all look tiny and the camera is constantly zoomed out to worse than the Warioware level. Radec's a great choice of character, as are Cooper, and Parappa. Sweet Tooth and Kratos... uh yeah, obvious. Fat Princess is a terrible shock choice who looks totally out-of-place. My best hope for her is an interesting minion set but that is probably beyond the developers of this game.

Not exactly inspired by what I've seen of this game. The stages look pretty, but everything else is ugly as sin.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Looks better than Punch Time and TMNT Smash Up, but that isn't saying much.

I?m hating the zoom out though :(

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
This game looks terrible right now. The graphics are so bloom-y and brown I can't see a thing, can't tell who the characters are except when squinting at the percentage bars [which look awful too, as an aside]. The stages are great, but all look tiny and the camera is constantly zoomed out to worse than the Warioware level. Radec's a great choice of character, as are Cooper, and Parappa. Sweet Tooth and Kratos... uh yeah, obvious. Fat Princess is a terrible shock choice who looks totally out-of-place. My best hope for her is an interesting minion set but that is probably beyond the developers of this game.

Not exactly inspired by what I've seen of this game. The stages look pretty, but everything else is ugly as sin.
I agree. It didn't look as exciting as I hoped.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It looks as floaty as Brawl thus decreasing the chances of it having a decent tourney scene.

Still expect it to sell 2 million+ worldwide

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Looks better than Punch Time and TMNT Smash Up, but that isn't saying much.
I wouldn't even take it there. TMNT had better animations and flow to it, and while it was floaty, it focused on the ground game much more than air. It also had a good amount of options for evasive maneuvers, which we're not seeing (or hearing about) here.

This game looks floatier than Brawl and even more air-centric. Not a good combination.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Honestly, I was excited for this at first, but now that I've taken a second look at this... not so much now. Not even the idea of Jak, Nathan Drake, Snake and James Bond being in the game is even exciting me :/

I mean, I still like the whole idea behind Sly Cooper turning invisible instead of blocking, I still like Radec and Parappa, and the stages look cool, but everything else is just kinda blehhhhhhhh

Unless E3 impresses me, I guess I'll just stick to Tekken Tag 2 for my fighting game fix

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You know one thing I noticed. The characters are way too small. How are they suppose to punch when I can't see their fist?

SpookyLupe

Smash Rookie
I was worried/hoping this game was going to be at least a little competitive.

http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-preview-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-226561.phtml
One stage, Dreamscape, looks like it came straight out of LittleBigPlanet, complete with stage creation pop-up menus in the background, randomly selecting platform pieces for you and your opponents to overcome. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the screens in the back of the stage become a backdrop for a Buzz! quiz show, with Buzz coming out to ask random trivia questions. In one fight we were asked, "Which Sony handheld was released in 2011." The text from the four multiple choice answers fly over each fighter, and it seems you're supposed to attack the correct answer. It's strange, but it works, and makes for some really wacky fights.
Wow that's worse than the worst assist trophies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
here's something worth mentioning: the battle system(build up meter and kill everyone with a finisher) is based on the combat system of Thrill Kill-what would have been the first 4 player fighting game if EA didn't cancel it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the whole supers-needed-to-kill thing. Too early to judge though, so I'll just wait. I'll still get the game, just for the sake of getting it anyway.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We also have to remember that the people giving input into this game have made competitive fighters before. While I know they are going for a party atmosphere, I would honestly be a bit dumbfounded if they didn't manage to incorporate some sort of competitive edge to it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^they are taking imput actually.

on Pual gale ther was a section where you could submit character and stage ideas(yours truly did one too!). probably by going on Superbot's site you can submit ideas for the gameplay.

also, don't forget that these vids only show timed matches, so we don't know all the modes yet.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
You KNOW Ratchet and Clank are in this if they have Metropolis. Same with Jak--I noticed a Lurker Shark in that village level. Too bad Qwark won't be in the fight however.

About the LBP stage, I think it would be better off if that Buzz! thing was its own level.

sfkingalpha

Smash Rookie
The game doesn't look very good right now.
I want it to be good though. We only get a new smash every 15 years.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
wow....

I just got through rewatching the vids, and unless they nerf Parappa's Lv. 3, he may be the most broken character in the game.

I'll post why later

EDIT: my Gamefaqs post summing up the vid:

GT gave a basic nutshell of how every character played in these vids:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729632
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729630

here is what they said in a nutsell:

Sly:he is the only character that doesn't block-instead, he enters Stealth mode, which still makes him be able to be hit, but can steal meter when he uses attacks. he's also the only one that can super jump and has a playstyle revolving around teleporting and playing keepaway.

Parappa: this one has me worried. they essentially think Parappa may be broken as hell, so much so, that some of the editors felt he needed to be nerfed real bad.. he has a move that allows him to build meter(but the opponents can steal it thankfully), and his Lv.1 and 2 supers have him attacking fools on his skateboard. where the problem comes is his Lv.3, where they said he enters a Rap session and when it ends it kills everyone on the screen. THE SUPER COVERS THE ENTIRE SCREEN AND IS UNBLOCKABLE. HOLY F***. you gotta believe this guy will be used a lot when the game comes out.

Kratos: they said he was an all-around character,kinda like mario. his moves had good range, but were laggy, so he isn't OP. the easiest one to use.

Mael Raedic they said this guy is all about range. he has a Sniper attack with powerful knockback that can wall bounce and allow him to setup with Grenades. they say he is like a mix between Link and Snake.

Sweet Tooth: the opposite-his projectiles are designed for poking, so he can use his Brutal close range attacks.his Lv. 3 may give people Landmaster nightmares.

Fat Princess: the odd character, they said that her main moveset revolves around summoning minions for her attacks. they also said the direction determines where the minion appears,meaning she can use traps and setups. her Lv.3 is great, but they said her Lv.1 is all you should bother with.

it's also worth noting that in the tournament they held, almost everyone used Parappa and one dude used Kratos. (aka the match was PvPvPvK).

so,what are your thoghts so far?
Edit again:thisis my 1,000th post. neat!

Jonas

Smash Champion
It's probably better to just spam his super lvls 1 and 2. And yeah, you can spam them. He has a move that generates free super bar pick-ups, and opponents can't really pick them up close because the move simultaneously stuns people who get close.

Nerf pls

Top Bottom