• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There is. Its called meter management.

Also, found a way to combo into level 1 with PaRappa on 75% of the cast, hype.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

This, pretty much. I felt the same way early on as well, but you kind of decide early on in the match whether or not you're going for lvl 3s or just multiple lvl 1s and lvl 2s anyway.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Also, found a way to combo into level 1 with PaRappa on 75% of the cast, hype.
This, pretty much. I felt the same way early on as well, but you kind of decide early on in the match whether or not you're going for lvl 3s or just multiple lvl 1s and lvl 2s anyway.
I think he means having another lv 1 or lv 2.

The more I think about it, the more flaws there are to this game. You kind of always know what your opponent is trying to do based on their meter. You pretty much telegraph your next move. I would like to play it to see if I'm right, but, alas, I don't have a PS3.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
when two people know what theyre doing it can be so boring to watch sometimes
Usually its quite the opposite. People who know what theyre doing generally hit confirm into a super, or into big meter gain towards said super, so unlike in games where people DONT know what theyre doing, you wont see people whiffing supers wasting their meter and making it last even longer. Regardless though, in last stock situations, it does get quite defensive, sometimes going 10ish seconds before another hit depending on the MU.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I got a ps3 and this game for Christmas, decided to pick up raiden
Add me if you want:
fpws12

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not really, theres actually a pretty good spread online and I see pretty much every character. The only characters I personally dont see too often are like Heihachi, Dan, Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth, and Radec.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Funny, in all my online matches I ran into quite a few radec and Dan players

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Yeah, maybe a 1v1 tourney/ladder, sounds fun :D

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Thanks Matador! I'm going to try playing some of the people there in 1on1's and see how I do. If any of you guys want to 1v1 feel free to add me (kfaust829). I'm curious to see who is the best among us thus far ;)

I wouldn't mind hosting an online tournament if there is enough interest.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
So YOU'RE kfaust!!

Coolio :p

I get home at 10 EST if anyone is up for some 1v1's

Also I'd love to enter a tournament

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id be down for a 1v1 tournament, and if no one else is willing to host id be happy too, I have experience running online brawl tournaments back when that was big, and also was the main TO for smash in my state for about 2 or so years back when I was more active.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Id be down for a 1v1 tournament, and if no one else is willing to host id be happy too, I have experience running online brawl tournaments back when that was big, and also was the main TO for smash in my state for about 2 or so years back when I was more active.
That's awesome. I've run real life tournaments before but not online ones, so you'd probably be the best person for the job.

I suggest we mention the tournament on the Allstars battle forum. I played against one player there who was quite good.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
edit: nevermind, I found out that neutral circle on Big Daddy's level 2 kills everything.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Some guy messaged me "ur gay" because I did a raiden infinite on him, lulz ensued

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There are no true infinites in this game due to AP Burst, theres a way to get out of everything, even if it means waiting until the game forces it to end. However, lag CAN make some things a hell of a lot harder to get out of than they should be sometimes.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Well, the grab to forward square chain

Thanks to unknown for showing it to me

Guess I shouldn't have said infinite, it was probably just the online lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There are no true infinites in this game due to AP Burst, theres a way to get out of everything, even if it means waiting until the game forces it to end. However, lag CAN make some things a hell of a lot harder to get out of than they should be sometimes.
K Prime said he found a Parappa chaingrab into level 1 super.
Any word on something like that elsewhere? :applejack:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As a PaRappa main, Im 99% sure none of his standard grabs can ever lead into a super in any way. Now, if youre talking about his mic grab, there is a frame perfect mic regrab combo, that can then combo into level 1 on a few characters (and if you cut out the grab you can combo into level 1 on a whole lot more), but you cant get as much ap from a mic regrab combo as you can from any of his standard 155 ap combos, so why go for a 1 frame regrab that makes landing the kill harder and wont give any more ap than a normal combo?

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Ok, let's figure out a good day for an online tourney
I'm free most weekends and during the evenings on weekdays

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Weekends would work best for me.

Yes, Raiden has an infinite chaingrab if looped correctly. However, it only works online. In real life someone can get out of it (or so I've been told). In any case, it's going to be removed in the next patch, so I only use it now if someone trash talks lol.

I've gotten matches against a fair number of the players here, but from the sound of it Matador (who I have yet to play) is probably the strongest player. I'd really like to get some matches from you Matador =) You'll most likely beat me, but I'd enjoy the challenge.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I doubt I'm the best here, but I'm still down to play. I should be available later tonight. You've added me?

PSN: Kmatador77

Top Bottom