• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't bother arguing with SmashChu as he pretty much went through an entire thread bashing this game solely because it hasn't sold as well as a Smash Bros. game.

Anywho, I tried this game at a GameStop a while back and thought it was pretty good even though I have no interest in buying a PS3 or Vita plus I don't know anyone who owns them either. Kratos was a good character but for some reason I had a very had time with Jak as it felt like I had trouble making attacks hit or something. But that was just from one playthrough so I probably don't know how to use him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Jak is pretty lackluster atm, and I personally would say hes top of low tier atm.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Personally I really like this game, I really do. The main issue that I have it with though is the lack of a pop out compared to something like Super Smash Bros. The colors are pretty dark and not very interesting, the roster is a bit lackluster, the music is eh. It doesn't give me the same feel as Super Smash would.

I'm mostly a Raiden/Cole user though and I think they are pretty cool.

Personally even with it's flaws, I cannot wait for Kat to come out (Personally because I loved the hell out of Gravity Rush)

Also...I hope Laharl from Disgaea gets in as DLC ; A ; I remember an article long ago saying that NIS was extremely interested in Playstation all stars

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Don't bother arguing with SmashChu as he pretty much went through an entire thread bashing this game solely because it hasn't sold as well as a Smash Bros. game.

Anywho, I tried this game at a GameStop a while back and thought it was pretty good even though I have no interest in buying a PS3 or Vita plus I don't know anyone who owns them either. Kratos was a good character but for some reason I had a very had time with Jak as it felt like I had trouble making attacks hit or something. But that was just from one playthrough so I probably don't know how to use him.
Jak's has incredibly subpar kill moves.

From what i've seen, most top Jak's just save up for a level 3 and go berserk, or get a level two and let it rip when alot of ****s going on.

Calling it right now.
Kat's gonna be awesome in this game.

Her mobility from the trailer looks insane~

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ownership has gone over to Santa Monica, so no, its not the end. Im still pissed off at Sony thought for being such senseless *******s.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Since nobody else seemed to have posted it yet

Kat/Emmet update is on the 12th this month

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Trailers aren't release dates >_<

and yes, I know the dates are in the videos, but I still felt like the date itself should be posted for those who don't wanna look through the trailer

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Patch 1.07 is out now, new minions, some balancing stuff, new Dante artwork, the rival stage from story mode is now selectable, etc.

Kat/Emmett/Fearless are coming as soon as the Playstation Store Updates.

No official patch notes as of yet, though Ill either edit that into this post or post later as soon as theyre up.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Kat's looking downright amazing for 1 v 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduQP5wnJiQ

You can confirm this off of damn near everything.
It doesn't even have to be the air vortex btw. Ground vortex to debri throw works as well.

On top of that, she can combo off of damn near everything! It feels like every approach of hers has solid pay off.

Having alot of fun with her 8 way dash too. So far I found dashing to the ground and grabbing to be an incredibly effective strategy. The fact that it grabs from both sides is pretty amusing~ <3 Mixing it up with her aerial side square makes for a decent approach.

I wanna see how she'll do in teams as people get good as her.

Unfortunately it's look like her level 2 super is easily dodge-able and not worth the AP. =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So Ive been using mostly Kat, and shes pretty beastly. Far too many people are blowing her out of proportion though (although online shes really stupid), and while she is really amazing, shes not unbeatable or god tier like everyone is saying, and Id say FP is still a bit better since FP has no bad match ups and Kat has 1 or 2 against Ratchet and Cole (although due to the online glitch with her double jump, she probably beats Ratchet online while she loses to him offline). Id probably say Kat is second best in the game atm offline, but with her online glitches probably the best (sometimes her debris becomes invisible, meaning your opponent cant see it coming, and also she can double jump through a lot of things online, like double jumping out of Ratchets level 1).

Offline Id say top 5 goes:
1. Fat Princess
2. Kat
3. Evil Cole
4. Nathan Drake
5. Sly

And online switch FP and Kat.

And as for Emmett, insane keepaway game, and Id say hes a solid High Tier. If you want me to continue on with that list for Emmett Id say:
6. Ratchet
7. Cole
8. Emmett
9. Kratos
10. Raiden
11. Nariko

And that rounds out High Tier.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I love how Emmet can understand what she is saying lol

Also Kat is probably the reason why I'm even still playing this game. She is just too much fun.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yewa, i quit sackboy now that he is worthless (lol, had a prediction that he would either be the best or the worst character in the game when i first tried him out, and that was when i just had tested the lv 1 and 2 in 1.0. Now he is kinda the worst due to his combos are broken and his bnb is gone, and lv 3 in more then one way.

Tried Kat and i think she is fun, and a character i see some interesting potencial to really outplay opponents with and with some cool techniqes she can be a solid character as long as airdodge actually has some invis at all.

Anyone know a good source for getting info on this game? Noticed a really good technique with kat that has with her movement to do. Fullscreen airdash.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sackboy isnt anywhere near worthless, hes a solid Mid Tier character. His combos still work, they just are more tight timing wise (although his main BnB did lose 5 ap, but thats not a huge deal), Sackboy has multiple ways to combo into his level 1 (jetpack, stun pad, and even up throw although his throw has a 1/3 chance of failing), his level 2 is effectively inescapable and is one of the best super counters in the game, and his level 3 is still unarguably the best in the game. Hes still a fantastic anti zoner, and outside of Sly who hard counters him, he doesnt have any awful match ups, in fact he gives 2 top tiers (ECole and Nathan) a hard time, and at least goes even with them, which the majority of the cast would LOVE to do. Sackboy also places very consistently and well in tournaments, with a Sackboy player taking both 4th and 7th in the last big tournament (I actually had to play that 4th place Sackboy in Loser's Semis and won 2-1) so Im not seeing how Sackboy is 'worthless' when hes able to place that well.

And Kat is REALLY good, and online is even better due to her safety, quickness, mix ups, and pokes all being even harder to deal with in lag, and the fact that her list of glitches is REALLY hard to deal with. Offline though, her problems are almost completely fixed and Id say shes better balanced (still arguably the best though). Due to her online glitches and lag abuse though, shes almost comparable to Meta Knight online unfortunately :/

And Id suggest going to Playstation Allstars Arena and visiting the forums there if you want to go somewhere with dedicated players with discussion, strategies, etc, and if you want to get into online tournaments which top players frequent, then Id suggest going to Pasta Stadium as well; they have weeklies for both singles and doubles that are open to anyone with an account.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Compared to before when Sackboy were a few tiers above what Metaknight is in brawl, he is muuuch worse now, before he had 3 kills guarantied (if you failed direcly, you could build meter during the lv3 to get the last kill anyway when they popped out of bubble).
He is and was predictable due to shortrange moves but it worked since his supers were effective (lv 2 is amazing though), and i guess he can work in teams still.

Kat however has good stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0ZMpah6kM and has no reason to be predictable^^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, okay, fine, if youre comparing current Sackboy to WAY more OP than MK Sackboy, then yes, he was pretty nerfed. Regardless though, hes still good and his level 3 is still a guaranteed 3 kills if you use it correctly.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I kinda get the feeling Chu. with the exception of his cameo in the Michael commercial, I don't see much point of him being here.

at least his moveset sounds fun(has a kinda Link-like vibe to it, from what I hear.)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Spyro & Crash

Hello,

I know the title was a little misleading. We’re contacting you guys on behalf of the Playstation All-Stars community. We’ve started a Twitter campaign aimed at Activision, Sony Santa Monica, and Seth Killian of Sony Santa Monica. We’ve so far racked up 250+ tweets and we’re only on day 3. The word on the movement has been spreading pretty fast. We need a bigger push to make a real impression on Activision and Sony Santa Monica. We’re asking that you help us push the campaign to get the most requested characters into this game. Please urge readers to tweet @AtviAssist (Activision Support) who is forwarding all tweets to the correct parties at Activision, @SonySantaMonica the studio now in charge of the game, and @SethKillian the man in charge of all things DLC for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. We’ve received plenty of replies from Activision Support, along with an odd reply from Sony Santa Monica simply stating ”We love our fans.” when someone tweeted them about Playstation All-Stars. Thank you for your time and please relay the message and help the cause, it’s our only chance to make a difference and turn this game around.

Sincerely, The Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Community

(This is the email from the PlayStation All-Stars board that we're spreading to people.)

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Really bummed this game is pretty much done now, it has some much more potential in characters than Smash does. (Considering ya'know, Sony dumps tons of third parties in this).

Hearing Abe was canned is heartbreaking, I loved Oddworld.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Abe wasnt necesarily cancelled as he was never really confirmed. and for all we know he'll be coming out in the next batch of DLC stuff.

Top Bottom