• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
forward throw into wall -> lvl 1 super

lol exposed
K well im not talking about wall combos lol, just normal ones. If youre talking wall combos, just neutral triangle combos into level 1 lol, and thats as easy as landing a mic grab.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Seriously, I put on the event page for keitaro's smashfest for people to bring their own ps3 controllers, and everyone came expecting someone else to bring one -.- srsly?

:phone:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
This Saturday sounds perfect, I'm off work and have no plans then.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill take sign ups and make a bracket and all that. Ill make a post after a few sign ups compiling all the entrants and the final ruleset. And speaking of the ruleset, Id like opinions on whether it should be stock mode or time. Also, this is what Id say the stage list should be, so if you think anything should be changed, feel free to discuss it and if enough people agree, Ill make changes (and remember it's hazards off):
Starters:
Columbia
Dojo!
San Francisco
Time Station
Practice Small 1
Practice Small 2
Practice Medium 1

Counter Picks:
Franzea
Hades
Metropolis
Sandover Village
Stowaways
Practice Medium 2
Practice Large 1

Banned:
Alden's Tower
Black Rock Stadium
Dreamscape
Invasion
Paris
Practice Large 2

Also, due to the amount of similar stages in this game (like P1, P2, and P3 being effectively the same), I think there should be multiple stage bans in between games, probably 3, how do you guys feel about this?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Stock, time matches encourages being up on points -> run away more.

Especially looking at some of those counter picks, lol

I'll post my opinions on the stage list later, gotta go for now

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Which Counter Picks encourage running away? The only one that really makes me think of running away is Sandover, and with 3 bans, just ban it if you dont wanna go there. :p

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll sign up. I'd vote for stocks for sure. Stagelist looks fine to me.

Edit-It might be a good idea to post about this on the PSA forums. There are some really good players there, and it would be fun to compete against some of the top players in the game thus far.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone got a clue of when the DLC characters will be released? I thought I heard it was January but last thing I want is for them to be rushed.

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey guys btw search on facebook for PlayStation All Star Battle Royale Community! Me and a couple of other players from multiple communities including Alex Valle and Clockwork are in the group and it would be great to get insight from you guys about things that need to be changed and whatnot, also insight on characters, game engine, and more!

Open group feel free to join!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The trophies are with one or two exceptions real easy to get as none of them are grind achievements or super hard.

Why can't more games be like this?

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I have to say though, arcade mode with all te characters felt like a chore :/

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
watch Kat become one of the most used characters online, haha.

anyway, Dabuz(who you may know as that Evil Cole Player on some ClashTournaments vids) made a 1v1 tier list on Gamefaqs.....and I think it's pretty legit. here are his ranks:

Fat Princess
Evil Cole
Raiden

High
Good Cole
Nathan Drake
Toro
Ratchet
Kratos
Sly Cooper

Mid
Sackboy
Parappa
Heihachi
Sir Dan
Sweettooth
Dante
Jak

Low
Nariko
Spike
Big Daddy
Radec

Reasons he gives for their ranks can be found here.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, hes got some good points on some characters, but in the long run I dont really agree with it. While the majority of his placings are pretty close to my opinion, and that of most other players, there are a few positions I personally REALLY dont agree with.

For example:
Fat Princess is too high - Shes good, yes, but the best in the game? No. Top 5, or even Top 3, I can agree with, but her lack of protection in the air and her sub par mobility gives her a poor anti air game, and people will REALLY start to notice it once Kat comes out due to her air centered playstyle.

Sly is too low - His counter alone invalidates almost half the cast, and it also combos into his level 1. While hes not the best combo character, he builds meter while completely denying meter, and any type of projectile is almost always unsafe, meaning you have to get up close, which is REALLY hard due to his insane mobility. Hes easily top 6 or 7 at the least.

Spike is too low - I dont know why it is, but anyone who has never faced a good Spike always thinks hes terrible, then as soon as they play a knowledgeable Spike player, he skyrockets up their list, and thats definitely whats going on here. Spike has an INSANE mid range pressure game, and his block mixup game is arguable best in the entire game. He builds meter like a beast, he has great close up options, TONS of tools, one of the best anti airs in the game, great supers, etc. As someone who mainly plays PaRappa, Nathan, and Spike, I personally think Spike is a better character than PaRappa, just he takes quite a while to master. Also, Spike arguably beats Raiden, which is huge.

Other than that though, I also think Nathan is too low (hes top 2 imo), Toro is a bit too high (like, bottom of high/top of mid), Heihachi is too high (hes bottom 5 imo), and Nariko is too low (shes somewhere in mid/low mid tier imo).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Double post cuz its been like, almost 2 days, I have some more info, and apparently nobody posts here anymore lol.

Patch 1.05 just came out, heres the changes:

Changelist:

Raiden
- Changed reaction on forward throw from crumple to flatten.

Nathan Drake
- Increased start up on cover wall.

Kratos
- Combat grapple recovery time on block and whiff increased.
- Combat grapple homing angle has been decreased.

General
- Network stability improvements.
- 2v2 match summary disconnect fix.
- AP store orbs not always awarded online fix.
- Store button added to main menu.
- Removed ability to chain blind fire to run and gun retreat to eliminate inescapable online loop.
- Fix to ensure all players will be awarded proper titles at the end of the season.
- Fixed belt display on the quick match loading screen.

Also, it doesnt say it in the changelist for some reason, but theres an added animation around the color selection bubble now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im going to call that Kat is going to be beast and Emmett pretty average and mid tier~

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmm. most places have it as being no more than 5 days old. It's not surprising though with the game performing so poorly.
It did fine according to numbers... http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ellers-the-walking-dead-goes-out-with-a-bang/

I don't have to tried the game. Playstation doesn't even have good characthers in the game. Plus they didn't include Crash Bandicoot in this game. :mad:
Lol, just lol.

And the reason Crash isnt in is because of Activision. They own the rights to Crash and wouldnt let SuperBot put him in, same with Spyro. Omar has been saying hed love to have both Crash and/or Spyro in and has been trying to get them in.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom