• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK this truly is amazing.

With that we could get a brawl with no banned stages :O

I tried the temple stage <3333

This is so awesome.

i wanted to do this on hanenbow, but the game froze :(. i made it on hyrule castle. i never use it, so what the heck. DL later. i need to know why i can't get almost all stages to work. some stages don't even have model[0]. anyway, DL later.
It may has something to do with the respawm points and / or the respawn point when you die ? They may are below the stage itself. Just a guess. On the other hand temple doesnt have any interactions, Hanonbow has those "birds" flying around and the flowers (movable plattforms) etc.
So idk, I will now try my own first replacement :O
OK not, because I dont have any idea which stage is which xD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Got the Master Hand SSE stage (Vs Bowser) working perfectly for Final Destination! :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwwmtlj4wyy

And here's a special version that keeps FD's lighting and camera. It actually causes quite a noticeable and likable color change. The stage will also change color as if FD has gotten to the golden water part too. It looks awesome. XD Sorry I didn't take any pics though :<

http://www.mediafire.com/?mekqz3lgedj

Pics! I has em! XD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Got the Master Hand SSE stage (Vs Bowser) working perfectly for Final Destination! :3

And here's a special version that keeps FD's lighting and camera. It actually causes quite a noticeable and likable color change. The stage will also change color as if FD has gotten to the golden water part too. It looks awesome. XD Sorry I didn't take any pics though :<

Sadly no Pics, but I'll give them a try :O

But from where did you know that you are using the correct stage ? ^^

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is this the Bowser stage you are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nWfZDXHE4
Sadly no Pics, but I'll give them a try :O

But from where did you know that you are using the correct stage ? ^^
Yup, that's the one. :3

Oh, and I extracted the stage from my ISO, judging by the order the Subspace ones to be in the 4s and up, so I just used BrawlBox and looked at the texture names. This one had 4 titled "masterhand", so it was pretty obvious XD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yup, that's the one. :3

Oh, and I extracted the stage from my ISO, judging by the order the Subspace ones to be in the 4s and up, so I just used BrawlBox and looked at the texture names. This one had 4 titled "masterhand", so it was pretty obvious XD
cheater :p

But yeah looks cool ^^

The edges are better than the original one xD

Only the camera seems to be a bit too low, because the stage is higher than the original FD, you see it when you respawn after death, but somehow nevertheless the ceiling is extremly high, I thought boundaries wont change with that but it seems that I was wrong o.o

Edit: looooool it looks like you can go under the stage but you cant the underside of stage is like a V.
Its soooo cool to recover on that stage with my main xD
(<--- see on the side :p)
And lol at MK side-B recovery on that stage xD

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
How do you tell which stages can be swapped?

It seems a good rule of thumb is that the stage can't have special properties. However, stage swapping with New Pork doesn't work- although I guess it does have the chimera, now that I think about it.

Does anyone know which stages all work? It sounds like the waiting room, temple, and final d all work. However, the waiting room isn't immediately accessible, and the other two I think are fine enough on their own.

It would seem that a lot of stages we dislike cannot be swapped for the very reasons we dislike them... yes?

BTW, has anyone managed to inject a scrolling SSE stage?

GuruKid

Smash Ace

i wanted to do this on hanenbow, but the game froze :(. i made it on hyrule castle. i never use it, so what the heck. DL later. i need to know why i can't get almost all stages to work. some stages don't even have model[0]. anyway, DL later.
Simply...

Amazing.

If this is bug/glitch-free, this and other SSE stages can be seriously made for competitive play.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
If this is bug/glitch-free, this and other SSE stages can be seriously made for competitive play.
It is completely bug/glitch-free it only has relatively wide side-boundaries (ceiling is OK).

DL link:

Edit: LOL too lame <<

The boundries for all the SSE I have tried are gigantic. The stages themselves are gigantic too. They'll need size readjustments if we want em legal in 1v1s but they make good 2v2s and FFA matches.
Sounds good :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

I can't test this now; someone should take comparison videos. That actually sounds cool that we're moving from just plain replacing stages towards replacing the stage model and altering aspects of it. The posts about editing the boundries on the other stages is a good point too. I played the Jungle one on Temple and the Subspace one on the wifi stage and they both seemed to be really wide.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK I have one problem now lol:

Here's the easy ay how.

1. Open two instances of BrawlBox
2. Open the SSE stage you want to play on in one.
3. Open a Brawl Stage you want to replace in the other.(I normally use Wifi Waiting Room)
4. Export the following files from the SSE Stage. ModelData[0], ModelData[100],TextureData[0], SceneData[0], ef_*.pac,Type1[2], Type1[10]
5. Replace the related files with the ones from the SSE stage.
6. Make sure all .pacs are compressed the same way they were originally. effect .pacs in adventure stages aren't compressed, but they are in stages.
7. Save file on your SD card.
The word I marked, I cant find it in Final Destination lol o.O

I only see ModelData[1]...

I'm trying to make the Falcon Flyer possible xD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Updated the Master Hand SSE post with pics this time :3

Edit: Just take the ModelData[0] and replace the 1 and 2 ones with it. That's what I did o.o

Dan_X

Smash Lord
The next RC release, even if only addressing bug fixxes should definately include a handful of these maps! TD is awesome, DK's level over Temple (or any other level) is stunning.... There are so many solid emissary levels that would bode excellently for Brawl+!!!

It'd be even more amazing with the alternate stage loader Dant mentioned.

I would also love if there was a way to add these levels into the level selection, pictures and all. Of course that would mean doing some nice photo shopping but it'd be so cool to select them like any other map. Last time we moved stages replays stopped working. If a coder could figure that out we'd be golden.

This is so exciting, I can't wait to try these stages!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Edit: Just take the ModelData[0] and replace the 1 and 2 ones with it. That's what I did o.o
1.) thx :D

2.) both or only 1 ? :O

I will just try it :psycho:

for all of those getting annoyed with the sandbag on WWR hacks, try this code instead:

New Pork City is now Online Waiting Room:
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B0020
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000
thx alot :D

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
for all of those getting annoyed with the sandbag on WWR hacks, try this code instead:

New Pork City is now Online Waiting Room:
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B0020
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
So, based on what seems to work, I'd guess that this is the list of swappable stages-

Online Waiting Room
Battlefield (?)
Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion (?)
Castle Siege 1 (?)
Castle Siege 2 (?)
Castle Siege 3 (?)
Skyworld (?)
Temple
Yoshi's Island (?)
Corneria (?)

Can anyone confirm or deny the question marked ones?
The downside is, in my opinion, that many of those are the good stages.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK first try didnt work, I think that I also had to rename the ef_falconflyer to ef_stgfinal :p

But 1 thing gives me trouble:

6. Make sure all .pacs are compressed the same way they were originally. effect .pacs in adventure stages aren't compressed, but they are in stages.
I really understand nothing here xD

OK I now replaced both ModelData's and renamed the ef_falconflyer to ef_stgfinal but it still doesnt work, I think its to hard to recreate the Falcon Flyer :S

But it would be awesome o_O

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace

Here's the easy way how.

1. Open two instances of BrawlBox
2. Open the SSE stage you want to play on in one.
3. Open a Brawl Stage you want to replace in the other.(I normally use Wifi Waiting Room)
4. Export the following files from the SSE Stage. ModelData[0], ModelData[100],TextureData[0], SceneData[0], ef_*.pac,Type1[2], Type1[10]
5. Replace the related files with the ones from the SSE stage.
7. Save file on your SD card.
I'm confused. I download BrawlBox, and I open two instances of it. However I have no files that it can read, probably because I've never used it before, and and thus I am stuck.

I downloaded that SSE Bowser Stage.pac that looks like a jungle with four platforms, which hopefully works like everyone has been saying. I've opened that up on Brawl Box successfully, but I don't have a .pac of a standard Brawl stage, nor do I know where to get one.

Is there an easier way to explain the later parts you mentioned, 4+? I understand some of it, but I don't wanna be asking questions all day.

And lastly, do you save the end result .pac, if it's a .pac at the end, in the melee stages section of the SD card as if it were a stage texture?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Not all sse stages are transferrable because not all of them have Model Data [100]. I've mainly seen this in larger stages, such as my green hill zone one (footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9UgkwGpv9k )
Also, anyone else interested in trying to edit the collision data? I opened it in hex editor neo a while ago, and it was a fairly small file iirc.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Rather, forget the list I posted, I think I can't make any conclusions as I don't seem to be able to do any of this.

Hey Vile or Danterion,
Could one of you two post a vid of editing one stage? I think if I saw it once I'd get it.

Also, Vile, if you can do any of the stages, could you replace something into New Pork, and the other hated stages, or are you also having trouble with these?

It seems that this is supposed to be fairly formulaic- take out certain names, replace into certain names, so couldn't a program be written to do this fairly easily, given inclusion of BrawlBox, plus two stages that the use chooses?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
How Epic-er can this get? =D
Speaking of B+, I'm hoping the Backroom will allow these stages to replace Banned and some Counterpick Stages for Competitive use in the future

Quite possibly that after the SSE Stage System has been mastered, that'll be the time it's gonna be implemented

BTW: Does the .pac files replace any other stage properly aside from Wifi?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hmm, Dantarion will be working on a Stage Clone File that could make all Banned Stages into WWR, where different WWRs are Stage swapped with SSE

Did I get it right?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why the eagerness to replace stages? If you have a good clone engine, wouldn't you have these SSE stages while keeping all your old stages too? It might load on top of WiFi Training Room or such, but unlike with characters, you have a pretty good guarantee of only having one stage loaded at a time and that stage remaining the only stage loaded for the entire match (some transforming stages may be interesting) so as long as you can dictate different cases for when to load stuff the first time, you should be solid for all cases.

I mean, I don't really know what people can do, but it's definitely true that if no sacrifice of stages is necessary (including the original WiFi Training Room itself), SSE stages are way more attractive.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
If there'd be a way to move all banned stages on Melee "Tab" and all legal Melee stages to be put into the Brawl "Tab" then that would be as convenient having delivered Pizza

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I can now delete parts of the model, i can port any sse stage to any multiplayer level with leftover brres files.

If anyone wants an MDL0 file that loads no polygons, i will post sometime soon.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
This could probably be our whole agenda on stages:

So you wouldn't mind replacing
75m
Hanenbow
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Summit
Jungle *****
Shadow Moses Island
Green hill zone
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros
Temple
with
-Floating Stadium (shown in video 1, identical to Pokemon Stadium 2 except with no platforms or transformation, also Petey Pirahna's boss area)

-Power Suit Room (Pika/ZSS vs. Dark Samus Clones)

-Area you fight shadow Bowser (as Fox and Diddy)

-Area you fight Wario (has two pretty tall walls, suckier version of Shadow Moses Island in practice)

-Duon boss area (Halberd's deck with no platform or transformation)

-Tabuu boss area (completely flat with no platforms and "worse" ledges)

-Ridley boss area (FD like with "worse" ledges)

-Meta Ridley boss area (just riding the Falcon Flier)
(We should actually debate on "NEW" Stage Legality now XD) (along with names)

On a side note, if you can move legal Melee stages into the Brawl Stage Category that would be great

shanus

Smash Hero
Why the eagerness to replace stages? If you have a good clone engine, wouldn't you have these SSE stages while keeping all your old stages too? It might load on top of WiFi Training Room or such, but unlike with characters, you have a pretty good guarantee of only having one stage loaded at a time and that stage remaining the only stage loaded for the entire match (some transforming stages may be interesting) so as long as you can dictate different cases for when to load stuff the first time, you should be solid for all cases.

I mean, I don't really know what people can do, but it's definitely true that if no sacrifice of stages is necessary (including the original WiFi Training Room itself), SSE stages are way more attractive.
I believe Dantarion is mimicking the method the game uses for stages to load multiple pacs to act as a clone engine over the wifi waiting room stage. He can come in and tell me I'm completely wrong, but this is what he mentioned to me offhand.

With that said, we need some textures made for these stage select screens for the SSS :p

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
BTW: Shanus, If ever this is 100% complete, do you think it's possible to sort Neutral Stages on the Brawl Stage Category and Counterpick Stages on the Melee Stage Category? <--Where you access Big Blue Temple etc...

shanus

Smash Hero
BTW: Shanus, If ever this is 100% complete, do you think it's possible to sort Neutral Stages on the Brawl Stage Category and Counterpick Stages on the Melee Stage Category? <--Where you access Big Blue Temple etc...
The current stage select screen code results in lots of crashes if you try to do significant rearrangements as it messes up the way the replays try to access stages.

bobson

Smash Lord
If deleting model parts and resizing blastlines/camera angles is possible, wouldn't that mean any segment of any of the "exploration" stages in the SSE could be sized to be a regular stage?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
It is the size of a regular stage...

Unless you mean shrink the whole thing down so the length of the whole stage is FD length.

bobson

Smash Lord
I mean like taking a segment out of, say, the desert area, and focusing the camera angles and blastzones on only that segment and none of the rest of the stage.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Stop posting. Glichy. Levels. With. Bad. Cameras.
Also, I almost have a engine for choosing the song for stages based on Wifi Waiting Room.
Haven't gotten alternate .pac's working.

Top Bottom