• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play' N ' Trade Fort Lauderdale Monthly #2 (Feb 7th)

Coffee™

I need it....
On a side note, do you know where I could buy an SD card? To install the Homebrew channel that is so I can install the music and inf. replay hacks.
There's a Circuit City and CompUsa like a 5 min walk from the PnT. You can get one there for a pretty good price.

Coffee™

I need it....
Master Raven I just checked at the store and they actually don't have any extra Wii component cables =/

Master Raven

Smash Master
Just the standard AV cables it comes with. I play it on a small CRT TV. My parents have like a 32" HDTV downstairs but the one time I tested my Wii on it, it was pretty laggy. I've heard component cables fix the lag but I haven't actually bought any yet.

Coffee™

I need it....
Well you bring it and try it with the AV cables. There isn't really any lag on these tvs. There is a small bit of button lag but it's fairly insignificant.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Do you have a list of people who will be going? Just wondering since it would give us an estimate of how long singles would run 'cause my dad's gonna take me to this most likely since my parents most likely won't want Nick Riddle to drive me there himself until next time once they know him enough by then (even if I invited him over to my place this week they wanna consider next time lol), so I don't know if I'll be able to stay long enough for doubles.

Coffee™

I need it....
No, I don't have a confirmed list of attendees but based on the posts in this thread and the amount of people that have already come to pre-register I would estimate 30-40.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I have Wii component cables. I also have the regular AV cables, with a Gamebridge to record games. I'll bring both I guess.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
im getting my allowence tommorow i might come this shall be fun

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
WOOT!
going to my first tourney in less than a week now!
I really hope i place well, as far as I can see im the only yoshi main going to this

also...there is tv lag 0_o....i never knew lol

Linguini

Smash Master
dreadz, i got that kush , ill smoke you out son.
you down after singles?

****ing drug free brawl players, melee players are so much cooler lol.

o and can you hook it up with a ride since im kinda on the way?

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
dreadz, i got that kush , ill smoke you out son.
you down after singles?

****ing drug free brawl players, melee players are so much cooler lol.

o and can you hook it up with a ride since im kinda on the way?
lol dont tempt me.
im tryna keep my p!ss clean cuz i still gotta find a job..
yea jus shoot me like $3 on da gas tank :O

Coffee™

I need it....
I want to push to get this tournament to be the first saturday of every month. Everyone cool with that?

Coffee™

I need it....
Yea. Thing is the store is changing owners so I have to see what the new owner is going to allow me to do, but if I get my way the tourney will be starting at 1 with registrations at 12 from now on.

Also I still kinda need you're guys opinions on if this should be bi-weekly instead of monthly or not

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm feeling monthly. I don't think everyone can be able to afford to drive to Fort Lauderdale twice a month to play in these tournies, specifically people like me who live an hour from there (I live in Miami). Don't get me wrong it'd be cool playing these a couple times per month but I think a monthly would be better to make it easier on people outside of Fort Lauderdale.

Coffee™

I need it....
Sounds cool then. I don't want attendance to drop if I do bi-weeklies so I if people can only do monthlies thats fine :p

MR I need to play you in some friendlies there on sat when I get the chance. I need the MK pratice:dizzy:

Top Bottom