• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play' N ' Trade Fort Lauderdale Monthly #2 (Feb 7th)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
zp has more tvs alot more. nah dont be gay and make the day 7th cuz if its not on the 7th alot of melee players play brawl too so ull have more attendance. making it the 7th will only make the melee player that play brawl go to the melee tourney instead since brawl always have tourneys. but if its on a different day ull get melee players that play brawl too to come and have alot more attendance. dont be a ****.
If there is going to be enough TV's at ZP, then maybe there could be a brawl and melee tournament. I'll just let the tournament hosts decide.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he shows up whenever he likes :3 he may not see it but hes a pro at this game. smart as ****.

oh and make this tourney perhaps march 14th? or even end of feb?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
he shows up whenever he likes :3 he may not see it but hes a pro at this game. smart as ****.

oh and make this tourney perhaps march 14th? or even end of feb?
Am I the only person here that actually works on the **** weekends?

Whatever happened to making a set schedule for this monthly tournament? It would make it so much easier to attend.

Sorry if it seems like I'm whining, I'm just pissed that you changed it to March 7th. Now since I won't be able to make it to the next monthly tournament.

Coffee™

I need it....
Am I the only person here that actually works on the **** weekends?

Whatever happened to making a set schedule for this monthly tournament? It would make it so much easier to attend.

Sorry if it seems like I'm whining, I'm just pissed that you changed it to March 7th. Now since I won't be able to make it to the next monthly tournament.
Dude, no date was ever made official. If you read my previous posts you will see that I said the next one will probably be March 7th. This is obviously assuming there were no other tournies on that day. I never confirmed that it actually was on March 7th. If there was another tourney already mentioned for that date there isn't much sense in placing it on that date. I still have to talk to the store manager about it but I will most likely make a thread for the next one with the official date and everything else on Friday. Chances are it will most likely be on the 14th provided that Melee tourney is on the 7th.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ill def go if its not the same date as the melee tourney. hasnt been a melee tourney in over a month.

edit. making it the 14th is an even worst idea. thats when melee gigs will happen. its the biggest melee tourney so making it tha day makes attendance even lower.

Coffee™

I need it....
I'll make the new thread tomorrow or tonight. Just gotta confirm some stuff with the manager.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Lee, when's your next tournament?

I'm done with brawl. The only times I show up to tournaments at all is if my cousin or Lambchops drags me along.

Thanks man, but I dont think I'm a pro at this game at all. Maybe if I actually put effort but who knows? Gotta ask Lambchops that.:p

-lee-

DFEAR

Smash Hero
xD he is the god of smash after all :3.

@tourney being the 8th :\ i can never do anything on sundays. perhaps make it end of feb?

Coffee™

I need it....
OK so....I talked to the store manager and he says he doesn't want to run any tournaments on Sundays and he has other tournies scheduled for the rest of the Saturdays in February.

Linguini has his Melee tourney on the 7th and Gigabits is the 14th so what I'm going to have to do is end up hosting this on the 21st of March. I don't see any other tournies for this date so yea this is pretty much when the next one is going to be.

On another note I want to do a low tier tourney in addition to normal singles. So I'm considering doing that instead of doubles. Doesn't seem like much of a loss since we only got a 8 team turnout for doubles anyway and low tiers could be pretty interesting.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Dude, no date was ever made official. If you read my previous posts you will see that I said the next one will probably be March 7th. This is obviously assuming there were no other tournies on that day. I never confirmed that it actually was on March 7th. If there was another tourney already mentioned for that date there isn't much sense in placing it on that date. I still have to talk to the store manager about it but I will most likely make a thread for the next one with the official date and everything else on Friday. Chances are it will most likely be on the 14th provided that Melee tourney is on the 7th.
Alright, I can understand that. I just think it would be a good idea to do it monthly on the same day of the week, whether it would be the first week of the month or the last week of the month, etc.

OK so....I talked to the store manager and he says he doesn't want to run any tournaments on Sundays and he has other tournies scheduled for the rest of the Saturdays in February.

Linguini has his Melee tourney on the 7th and Gigabits is the 14th so what I'm going to have to do is end up hosting this on the 21st of March. I don't see any other tournies for this date so yea this is pretty much when the next one is going to be.

On another note I want to do a low tier tourney in addition to normal singles. So I'm considering doing that instead of doubles. Doesn't seem like much of a loss since we only got a 8 team turnout for doubles anyway and low tiers could be pretty interesting.
Okay, so the 21st of March? Is this the official date now? I can see if I can change my days for work so I can make it to this. Singles and low tier tournament sounds great.

Coffee™

I need it....
Alright, I can understand that. I just think it would be a good idea to do it monthly on the same day of the week, whether it would be the first week of the month or the last week of the month, etc.
I wanted to but there were already tournies set to those dates. Any tournies after the March one should fall on a set date though.

Refer to this thread from now on. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955

Top Bottom