• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Play 2 Win] Competitive Community Podcast (SMASH BACKROOM DISCUSSION - EPISODE 12)

RDK

Smash Hero
Buzz, Kabyk, Awol and I recorded the first session last night, but had to cut it short because Buzz had class in the morning. This episode is a whopper, and should come out at around 2 hours.

We'll be finishing the next episode tonight, and we might put out a teaser for you guys, so stay tuned.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! I'll be busy this weekend.

Is this the epic Brawl review episode you guys have been talking about?

BTW, I loved the N00bcast. Great to have a second opinion of sorts on the show.

RDK

Smash Hero
Let me mention this before I forget:

A small group from Play 2 Win will possibly be flying out to EVO in August and participating in the Brawl tournament there, so if we do manage to make it, expect some awesome video footage of the matches and whatnot.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Let me mention this before I forget:

A small group from Play 2 Win will possibly be flying out to EVO in August and participating in the Brawl tournament there, so if we do manage to make it, expect some awesome video footage of the matches and whatnot.
If i can raise up the money in time I will definitely be joining you guys...after all how you gonna rep p2w without the best person on that site:laugh:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, I'd listen to the podcast but I don't feel like streaming and I have like 200MB hard drive space left so maybe when I upgrade I'll download em all and listen to them while I Brawl.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
if i could get my stupid premiere 4.0 running i could finish putting all them in video format on youtube, i might take all morning tomorrow and do just that.

RDK

Smash Hero
when are MikeG, Wes, and PC Chris going to be back on?
They really weren't too excited about Brawl in general, even moreso now that we've figured out Brawl is incredibly more technically shallow than Melee was.

They said they'd still do it, but there really wouldn't be much to cover that we already haven't covered. They can talk about their Melee experiences, but again, they're not really in the Brawl scene. I don't think they've even played it yet.

RDK

Smash Hero
I heard a "hella" in that last podcast. Someone is from Nor*Cal!
That would be SiD.

As for the rest of us.....I'm in Michigan, Buzz is in Idaho, Wolfy's in Ohio, and Kabyk and Awol are in New Jersey. We're a pretty stretched group.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
RDK, my BFF Wolf?

They really weren't too excited about Brawl in general, even moreso now that we've figured out Brawl is incredibly more technically shallow than Melee was.

They said they'd still do it, but there really wouldn't be much to cover that we already haven't covered. They can talk about their Melee experiences, but again, they're not really in the Brawl scene. I don't think they've even played it yet.
Dude, listen to this.

Final Round is a multi-platform gaming championship that happens every year, and this year it was in ATL and they had Brawl. There were like 80-90 participants, and the two in the winners finals were Justin Wong and Mike G. HOLY **** RIGHT? Justin ****ING Wong and Bikey Lee. Mike G won, so that could be something you guys could talk about for a long time. ^^

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK, my BFF Wolf?

Dude, listen to this.

Final Round is a multi-platform gaming championship that happens every year, and this year it was in ATL and they had Brawl. There were like 80-90 participants, and the two in the winners finals were Justin Wong and Mike G. HOLY **** RIGHT? Justin ****ING Wong and Bikey Lee. Mike G won, so that could be something you guys could talk about for a long time. ^^
Oh man, I totally forgot about that! We need to have MikeG on to talk about it. Pure win!

P2W takes vegas by force?

Ithinkso.

We could talk about how RDK whooped on all my friends last night. It was fun to watch lol.
I posted those vids in the vids room, BTW.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Wigzeh dude. Didn't know it was you.
lol, lego i just realized it was you *name backwards* haha i thought it was familiar...

btw: did they announce brawl date for europe? i heard yall getting mario kart wii first...

@P2W podcasters: get on at same time and finish episode 6!! (lol, at rdk)

Southheat92

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'll definitely be looking into this podcast. Pardon me for not reading the whole thread, but will this get put on iTunes eventually?

SiD

Smash Master
Hey, I'll definitely be looking into this podcast. Pardon me for not reading the whole thread, but will this get put on iTunes eventually?
Setting up a consistent recording/release schedule for this **** thing is something we need to focus on first.

Southheat92

Smash Rookie
southheat im from ohio too, going to the toledo tournament?
Probably not. My dad isn't too big on the whole competitive gaming aspect and I'm not good enough yet anyway. Once I get better and prove it to myself in some local tournaments I will most likely start traveling for things like that.

bored

Smash Ace
Wow, didn't know this thread existed... Just goes to show my appreciation for P2W.

BTW, RDK doesn't sound like Falco....

RDK

Smash Hero
Buzz said he was going to put them on iTunes, but we all know how reliable he is.

I suppose I'll do it, but I don't have an iPod or a gift card to start my account.

Zune >>>> iPod

Del Money

Smash Champion
...too bad "Competitive Brawl" is an oxymoron. oh well, y'all niggas can continue what you were doing...

Top Bottom