• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Play 2 Win] Competitive Community Podcast (SMASH BACKROOM DISCUSSION - EPISODE 12)

RDK

Smash Hero
Phew! We finally finished recording last night, and it's a monster! As soon as I'm done editing it I'll have it uploaded.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
We should propose a shirt design contest for EVO.
4 popped collars may be the pinnacle of cool, but it doesn't shout p2w.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
We should propose a shirt design contest for EVO.
4 popped collars may be the pinnacle of cool, but it doesn't shout p2w.
You could put P2W on each collar, or better yet put "Play" on the first, "2" on the second, "Win" on the third, and then something awesome on the fourth layer. Maybe even a picture.

RDK

Smash Hero
You could put P2W on each collar, or better yet put "Play" on the first, "2" on the second, "Win" on the third, and then something awesome on the fourth layer. Maybe even a picture.
I don't know who this guy is, but I like him.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I'm just a humble listener of your podcast (very very entertaining more than anything). I'm also on the Smash Nexus / P2W joint forums as atenthirtyone. However, I don't post much at all in most forums I visit. =/

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The c box is where its at anyways. This seems like it will be a doozy. If its anything relative to the total time spent recording, it may be one of if not the longest.

RDK

Smash Hero
Episode 6 is finally up! Check the first post for the link.

Have fun listening. It's just under 3 hours! A special treat for you guys since we haven't gotten one out in so long.

Also, I'd like to thank Buzz, SiD, WGWOLVERINE, Kabyk, and Awol for setting aside time to do this. It was definetely a collaboration of efforts, and we all have busy schedules, so thanks guys.

SiD

Smash Master
Yay!

And also, don't forget to mention that this will now become a weekly thing, with a stricter release schedule. After a couple weeks, assuming we can keep it up, we can see about SWF getting us an RSS feed like the did with SMYN.

EDIT: RDK, that link doesn't work.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Rising strike, once i get my new wii ill exchange >_<

And everyone should thank ardee since i can only imagine how tedious editing this behemoth was lol.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
haha, I love the part about when you talk about my snake...Im saving that section so that i can listen to it for insparation!

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
thats weird...i guess i posted in my bros Name....w.e same **** anyways

edit: im guessing next episode is on stages?

RDK

Smash Hero
thats weird...i guess i posted in my bros Name....w.e same **** anyways

edit: im guessing next episode is on stages?
Yeah, and game mechanics, too, since we decided to save them for the next episode.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I think the podcast is better when it RDK, Wolfy, SiD, Kabyk and co., I say that you stick with that group, and have special guest thrown in for good measure...

RDK, Buzz and Wolfy group is OK....just not as good as the other one...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What's this about it being weekly now? If you guys do weekly, you'll blow SMYN out of the water.

Oh, because that's SOOOOOOOOO impressive, considering SMYN ran for 35 straight weeks. From its inception, mind you. And now that we're taking a well-deserved reprieve to make it monthly (which it almost seems was the time gap between Ep. 5.5 and 6 for P2W, no offense guys), "blow[ing] [us] out of the water" just looks really ignorant, to be honest.

I'm sorry, but this whole "rivalry" crap is among the more ridiculous things I've read in the threads here on these forums.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't necessarily see the rivalry either. While an alternative I don't see us being enemies or anything. Nothing beats SMYN's consistency. Chill Youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Neither do I; I can totally understand the existence of P2W as a Brawl podcast. And I've supported you guys on SMYN and agreed to do a segment with RDK for your show.

But the "rivalry" is something that's created that appears totally naive and it's a little bothersome when it's perpetuated into something that isn't really meant to be. Just saying.

bored

Smash Ace
SMYN vs. P2W. You guys should duke it out, straight up "bring it bitch"

Del Money

Smash Champion
Considering the two podcasts focus on mutually exclusive subject matters, there really shouldn't be any need for any sort of "rivalry" or anyone's feeling getting butthurt. The phrase "We do what SMYN don't" should be seen as a quote indicative of that very fact, especially conisdering the P2W podcast actually DOES do what SMYN doesn't. Last time I checked, "Competitive Analysis of Brawl" and "Insights on Brawl Speculation/Revealed Content" are two different things. So there's really no need for the podcasts to be "competing" since it's obviously they're not trying to achieve anything remotely close to the same goal.

RDK

Smash Hero
I respect SMYN and try to work with you guys as much as possible, so let it be clear that I have no beef with you, Youko.

While I can't control what gets posted about us, I'll try and stop most of the rivalry crap, because it is a little childish and there's no reason to think there's a rivalry between us.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
youko is just pissed cause he sucks at smash and that p2w is gonna "blow them out of the water"

the damage is done!

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Geez. Calm down guys. We're all friends here... at least I hope so. And nice work Ardee. It must have taken quite a bit of time editing that monster.

EDIT: I was mentioned by Wolfy! And now I hate you. Thanks for telling everybody who lost to your <insert something offensive> Pikachu.

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
Thanks for mentioning me guys. I guarantee I will be one of the best ROBs in Brawl's existance.

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
Huh. So someone got BEATEN by Hippo... yikes.

EDIT: Wait... Doesn't Wolfy not have a Wii yet?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
WHEN I MOVE IN TO MY APARTMENT, I SWEARZ, I WILL BE A GUEST ON THIS GOD**** PODCAST.

SUNDAY. SUNDAY IS WHEN I GET MY INTERNETZ.

My voice is tooooo sexy.

Smooth Criminal

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
nesking you're just so superior, how do you do it?
and hippo default 3 stocked me twice, there was no way to resist with no wii.
besides brawl is old news, all the cool kids play kaillera now.

Top Bottom