• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Booking For SNY Coaches/Trains

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok so I said I was going to do this thread STRAIGHT after GT3 happened just so we can get an idea of who's going where at what time.

I think we need to have a general idea of who from the UK is coming to this since everyone who is has not booked yet.
On the website so far there are 30 UK people who have booked and about 8/10 of them who are likely to make their own way up there so I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS BOOKING AND WANTS TO COME TO GIVE US AN IDEA OF HOW WE CAN LAY IT OUT

I WILL NOT BE BOOKING FOR EVERYONE, I PROB WON'T EVEN BE BOOKING MYSELF BEFORE PEOPLE THINK THIS

I think it would be easier if everyone goes on different coaches with their crew as everyone wouldn't be able to go on one.....as in

OOC + few others
Dave Gays + few others
Tesco Crew + few others
HSAM + few others

Or maybe depdning on how much can go on we can combine some of the crews

According to kone we have to book off of www.megabus.com or www.nationalexpress.com and the sooner we book them they cheaper they will be and we should be looking to arrive from 9am tuesday and leave late thursday

Can someone start off by stating who they know will be travelling up their via this please so a list can be made please and it will be edited until we got the set amount we can start booking in groups in :)

The list will be edited as more people say they are coming

List
Professor Pro
The Lust
Alpha Dash
Gantz (has not paid yet)
Retroking
JJlinyard
JJfox
Takoyaki
Y42?
Clockmire
Craiigg
Tamoo

Add your name on if you are coming through this.
Ask for your name to be removed if you are not or no someone who is not.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ohhh ok....Well I took you off the list then.

Can you or someonelse help me plan to book for everyonelse since i'm still not 100% sure how the whole thing worksbut I wanted to make a thread to help organize the whole thing since Charles said he wasn't gonna do it and I knew no-one else would.....

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Just all book for the same coach, or get someone to book for everyone.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
if someone would just decide a good coach time.

we could all just book that specific coach

/

or people paying the said person through paypal or whichever to book the coach for all of us and print the ticket

that would be fine with me

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Dave's Gays = Just me. Mike can't make it and Hugo is in Japan. And you-know-who isn't in the crew anymore.

When does the tournament registration etc. start? I know it's international crews first so I'm assuming that sign-ups won't be under time pressure a.k.a everybody can turn up early/mid afternoon?

I'm probably going to book a coach for 10 or so.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
I mean when at what time on the first day of the tournament are Kone/Fuzzy collecting money from people.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Spoke to Kone.....

The actual first event won't be starting till late because some Europeans flights are booked to get there 5pm and the first day is more settling in than anythingelse.

So plan to get there before 4 at least

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so at least there are enough coaches in the day to get everybody there on time.

We need to find out where the coaches stop in Birmingham and how everybody's going to get to the venue. I think I looked up some buses and one goes kind of near if I remember. Ask kone? He has a better idea of bus routes and stuff than anyone else.

Kone

Smash Master
You would think that clockmire lol but ive only lived in the Birmingham area for less than a month (from Newcaslte just moved down here for the lass).

In my opinion just book the coach to the first option on nationalexpress.com 'BIRMINGHAM'. There is an option to go to Bearwood which is closer to the venue (like halfway between city centre and venue) but has less transport links. Im 'guessing' it may be more difficult than going from the city centre.

I believe you can get a bus or train that go near to the venue then theres a small walk.

Venue opens 9am tuesday. Ill be using first few hours to sort the venue out and specifically the gym hall will be out of bounds till its sorted aswell as kitchen. However, bedrooms and lounges be available. If I were you guys aim to get to venue for like 11-3?

Ill register and take payments for singles and doubles around 5pm. Start international crews around 6ish. Crews shouldn't take long as there will only be 7 crews competing in a single elimination bracket which is only 6 matches :)

We have the venue till 7pm thursday. Best bet would be to book maybe a late coach back. Im aiming to get everything wrapped up by 5pm at the latest to give me two hours to sort venue out.

When Kate gets up ill get her to help me sort out local birmingham travel i.e. how to get from brum city centre to the venue. I thought google maps had a public transport option but I can't find it?

This maybe useful though; http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/. Venue address is; Bilberry Hill Centre, Rose Hill, Lickey,
Birmingham, West Midlands,
United Kingdom, B45 8RT.

Look into going from Birmingham city centre to above post code/street address. National express coaches go into digbeth coach station which is in the city centre and won't be far from where you will need to take the bus to the venue.

I think there is also a trains tation near the venue but a further walk. Will check that out.

Ill have a definitive list of options by tonight ^^ if Kate wasn't so hungover it'd be now lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Dave's Gays = Just me. Mike can't make it and Hugo is in Japan. And you-know-who isn't in the crew anymore.

When does the tournament registration etc. start? I know it's international crews first so I'm assuming that sign-ups won't be under time pressure a.k.a everybody can turn up early/mid afternoon?

I'm probably going to book a coach for 10 or so.
maybe we should just call him you know who like voldemort

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Londoners- any1 wanna take the train? currently researching train tickets n stuff but atm its seems 2 be alot cheaper if we do it in a group of 10+ its says we get a 70% discount

Reason for train - travel is quicker n it gets u closer 2 the venue so the taxi across is cheaper (distance frm station 2.1miles).
There is also a shop for food + drink, comfortable seats + electricity n we all knw wat we can do wit that lol =] on the train

Prices so far - £14 return if booked sooner if not booked as a group this excludes discounts
Journey time - 2h01m, 1 change at birmingham new street n then ur at longbridge station.
Time of travel - 10:43 frm london euston

return time - 7:13pm earliest then 15/20mins. Any earlier and it gets more expensive

so if ur interested just comment quoting "WANNA TRAIN ON THE TRAIN LONDON MASSIVE" lol dnt ask y its was random

Kone

Smash Master
Go to Londbridge or Barnt Green train station. Its about a 40 minute walk from there (or you could catch a taxi). I may pick you up aswell.

j3ly

Smash Champion
for £5 travel tickets... We need 10:

Pms
king ndj
j3ly
unreal
d.a

arriving at 12 midday

king can set up some kind of paypal for this but we need 5 more confirmed!! ill call some people about this 2mo

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Prof: All 4 members of ooc would take up those train spaces, it's return right?

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
for £5 travel tickets... We need 10:

Pms
king ndj
j3ly
unreal
d.a

arriving at 12 midday

king can set up some kind of paypal for this but we need 5 more confirmed!! ill call some people about this 2mo
where the **** is deathgazer? or his he gonna short hop lazer his way there???:confused:

if we were to do this it would need 2 be soon n it would be done through paypal into pms account

j3ly

Smash Champion
deathgazuh goin from mk.

LET ME PROVIDE SOME INSPIRATION:

THERE WILL BE SMASH WITH A 60hz SETUP ALL THE WAY THERE!!

interested:

j3ly confirmed
king confirmed
pms confirmed
unreal confirmed
da confirmed
jonna dark confirmed as jammin with tesco crew
edwin good as jus bring bankcard to mine at some point
JJL + 4 not confirmed

we need a minimum of 10 people so we can get return tickets for less than £5 so get back to tesco crew!

j3ly

Smash Champion
in person will be kl, ill give the moneh to sean. all we are waiting for is jonas confirmation with his and 3 other pal-pal confirmations

please we want this done by the end of today!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
deathgazuh goin from mk.

LET ME PROVIDE SOME INSPIRATION:

THERE WILL BE SMASH WITH A 60hz SETUP ALL THE WAY THERE!!

interested:

j3ly confirmed
king confirmed
pms confirmed
unreal confirmed
da confirmed
jonna dark confirmed as jammin with tesco crew
edwin good as jus bring bankcard to mine at some point
JJL + 4 not confirmed

we need a minimum of 10 people so we can get return tickets for less than £5 so get back to tesco crew!
Didn't you see the post from me before saying that OOC would like 4 spaces since our spaces have seen to have not appeared on this list and be taken up by others :confused:..... ^^^^^^^^ lol

Kone

Smash Master
Just try get another ten people sorted prof. I am sure there must be twenty londoners going? just form two groups.

Ill have to get you guys a taxi number sorted from the train station to the venue. Otherwise its a forty minute walk. I am sure itll cost like a quid each.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
im so confused now

just someone take this money and book for me loool

in person will be kl, ill give the moneh to sean. all we are waiting for is jonas confirmation with his and 3 other pal-pal confirmations
ok

please we want this done by the end of today!!
should i come to yours today then and give you the money

Didn't you see the post from me before saying that OOC would like 4 spaces since our spaces have seen to have not appeared on this list and be taken up by others :confused:..... ^^^^^^^^ lol
for me i dont really matter who i go with or who is booking

i just want to be booked lol

and it will be wayyyy cheap in a bigger group

every day these prices rise lol

someone xD

gm jack

Smash Lord
Me and mitsuki may be interested. I'll just need to call her. What station do the trains leave from and at what time?

EDIT. We're just checking prices to get into london. If mitsuki confirms for me, I'll pay tomorrow.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Cool i think sean setup a palpal, ill post a link later 2night

I payin for 4 of em, seans payin foe 2, deathgazer, edwin and u 2 - that makes 10 accessable and pesterable bookings and attains us a 70% discount!

Kone

Smash Master
Pms
king ndj
unreal
d.a

The above four havent registered or paid for the tournament yet. Theres only a week left to register and only 10 beds left.

Get registered please.

Top Bottom