• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Booking For SNY Coaches/Trains

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Reading threads at 2am is never a good way to inform oneself.

What are the travel arrangements made so far & who can fit 3 members of team Phi into their travel plan? (probably 4 members once I Joe realizes I won't allow him to live the rest of his life without attending SNY)

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
**** looks like I just missed out on a sweet deal. Anyone else doing another? If not I gotta book myself a coach

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Yo are there another 10 people to go to SNY that wanna try and get an offer like the last atm i got:

JJlinyard
JJFox
Y42?
Takoyaki

need 6 more......

if not i kinda need a lil help boking these coach tickets anyways lol

Kone

Smash Master
Just go to www.nationalexpress.com or www.megabus.com and book tickets with a debit card. Do it personally for or for a group if you know youll get the money back. Put in london to birmingham, no other birmingham stop (ie the first one). Reg is 5pm tuesday so you want to get in plenty of time before that. Remember youll need to get a 30 min bus from the city centre to the venue.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
kone, megabus came up with a coach to 'Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC' at the earliest of 13.00 arrival. Is this like within a place able to make it to the venue??

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
WE NEED 3 LONDONERS OR PEOPLE TRAVELLING UP TO THIS TOURNAMENT TO GIVE US £5 TO GET A TRAIN WITH RETURN TO THIS EVENT.

Soooo who needs to get a train to here and can come along with this deal???

Kone

Smash Master
Just to remind people that getting the train is the best option as you are going direct to venue and its fast. Coach means getting into brum then getting abus to the venue from there.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
WE NEED 3 LONDONERS OR PEOPLE TRAVELLING UP TO THIS TOURNAMENT TO GIVE US £5 TO GET A TRAIN WITH RETURN TO THIS EVENT.

Soooo who needs to get a train to here and can come along with this deal???
£5 for a return ticket???
Yes please.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
j3ly can u sort out the tickets sorry 2 push this on u now but im way 2 busy atm wit the house n the whole moving thing really sorry was looking round at the train thing again 2day n the bigger the group is the more the discount will b but u need 2 ring the train ppls coz the journey gets split in 2 coz there is no direct train u will hve 2 ring 2 train companies

btw ur more likely 2 get the discount if u have 10+ e.g. about 15 people so if u do set up a pay pal since we r all likely 2 travel 2gether just get a list of people n book the tickets

the numbers are
Group Travel Office: 0870 010 4490
Virgin Trains: 08445 565 622
London Midlands Trains: 08448 110 133
additional train numbers if u need it http://www.bestvaluefares.co.uk/contact-toc-list.aspx

really sorry people 4 the inconvenience

Kone

Smash Master
King you and pms havent registered for SNY. You NEED to do it today as registration is closing :/

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
I had a chat with Alpha Dash, and he says he'd be willing to book the tickets if everyone just gave their money to him.

so who's part of the travel group?

Wiggum
Phi
Jude
Prof
Alpha Dash
The Lust
Bishkin

Anyone else needs adding to this list?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I had a chat with Alpha Dash, and he says he'd be willing to book the tickets if everyone just gave their money to him.

so who's part of the travel group?

Wiggum
Phi
Jude
Prof
Alpha Dash
The Lust
Bishkin

Anyone else needs adding to this list?
Soooo what exactly is the deal in terms of how much is it and where does it take us and what time do we have to be where and when and where to we go from the stop and stuff.....

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Soooo what exactly is the deal in terms of how much is it and where does it take us and what time do we have to be where and when and where to we go from the stop and stuff.....
Basically, there's a wasp in my room, and I'm not sure whether it killed itself by flying into my light bulb or if i have to squash it some how

Sooooo...I'll call the group travel office tomorrow evening, and preferably by then you could give me a few more names to add to the list to increase our chances of getting a discount, sound good?

I've got an interview at 12:40 tomorrow, so providing all wasps are dead by that point, I'll be looking up the travel details etc thereafter.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
bit last minute but can I go along with you guys on the train?

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
bit last minute but can I go along with you guys on the train?
Prof - loool Yeahhhh you are veryyyy lucky, and yeah you might be able to, have to speak to Wiggum about it but we haven't booked yet cos we are waiting for JJlinayard to reply as him as his crew are ESSENTIAL for getting more then 10 people and getting the cheap deal thingy.

Wiggum is out at the moment but hopefully we can sort that out.

You should come to Wiggums 2day btw, he told me to tell you that.....think you can make it???

Kone

Smash Master
Wiggum make sure people book the stuff we sorted tonight that price on the first leg of your journey won't stay like that for long!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Prof - loool Yeahhhh you are veryyyy lucky, and yeah you might be able to, have to speak to Wiggum about it but we haven't booked yet cos we are waiting for JJlinayard to reply as him as his crew are ESSENTIAL for getting more then 10 people and getting the cheap deal thingy.

Wiggum is out at the moment but hopefully we can sort that out.

You should come to Wiggums 2day btw, he told me to tell you that.....think you can make it???
lol if you told me earlier than today that he was hosting I would have come but I was out all day ._.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol It was kinda a on the spot thing, but it was good that you didn't cos I actually had to leave his at like 4pm, i'm not there now....

But seriously the UK needs to get in some last day training stuff on.

I have to play Fuzzy or Edwin soonish since I need high level preparation, no offence to others.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lol It was kinda a on the spot thing, but it was good that you didn't cos I actually had to leave his at like 4pm, i'm not there now....

But seriously the UK needs to get in some last day training stuff on.

I have to play Fuzzy or Edwin soonish since I need high level preparation, no offence to others.
anytime anytime you know the drill lol

yeah, training loads for this, going to lc on sat then gm jack's on sunday.
your the most active player your always out and about good stuff man

Retroking2000

Smash Master
as far as i knew it was meant to be booked on a coach / mega bus / train with 10 people to get a discount .

at the time im not sure but the price would have been £5 return ( not 100%)

but i dont know what the price is i will talk to adam so we can arrange this unless its already been done and i dont know about it.

loool we might not even end up going loool scary thought huh ?

i understand your urgency seeing as this is the only method for JD

i will talk to him right away about this

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
That £5 return via train has gone now...........
If you go on Chitern railways, theres one at like
Monday 9th
Depart 9:50 Arrive : 11.49 £5
Depart 12:50 Arrive : 14.49 £7.50
Depart 12:50 Arrive : 15.02 £7.50

On London Midlands site:
Depart 12:54 Arrive : 15:16 £6.00
Depart 12:50 Arrive : 14.49 £7.50
Depart 12:50 Arrive : 15.02 £7.50

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah they need to book them asap. Check www.megabus.com there are some £5 virgin train (one way) tickets on there from london euston to birminghan new street (although people will need to take a bus from there to the venue).

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
u cld just jump on a train frm new street 2 longbridge then walk it or get in a cab its a 2.4 mile walk frm that station

the train frm new street 2 longbridge cost £2.80 if brought on the day so if u get 2 new street u can buy that then walk which is about 30mins or try n take a bus hvent looked at all the travel option

the only reason the tickets never got booked on time is i had 2 deal wit movin houses in the middle of all of this n then tonnes of random **** happen

Kone

Smash Master
King thats the best bet dont know why I didn't think of that lol. Train from new street to longbridge then either a 30 min walk, jump in taxi or call me for a lift. I know that there are buses but it is worth it for the distance. May aswell taxi it for similar price but alot quicker.

Top Bottom