• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Booking For SNY Coaches/Trains

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
A brief reminded to all those traveling with me, the train LEAVES Euston station at 11:03 am, so be prompt.

Also remember to bring payment for those who booked the tickets. Phi is owed £7.50 by all, and Alpha Dash is owed £4.70.

Not including those mentioned, this includes: Myself, Jude, Prof, Jolteon & The Lust. Obviously Alpha Dash and Phi will have to pay each other. (Or alternatively, Alpha Dash could just give Phi £2.80).

See you all on the tenth.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
How is everyone traveling to Euston? We all live close, so it might be a good idea to travel to Euston in groups.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
How is everyone traveling to Euston? We all live close, so it might be a good idea to travel to Euston in groups.
Anything works really. I plan to take the tube up there, and I imagine Jude and Phi will be staying over the night before, so people are welcome to stay over mine, or at least after I check they should be.

Kone

Smash Master
Getting to the venue information

If you are arriving in Birmingham city centre;

You need to go to Birmingham New Street train station and get a train to Longbridge. Trains leave every ten minutes, take twenty minutes and cost £2.80.

If you arrive at Digbeth coach station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=6.879233,26.279297&ie=UTF8&z=16&layer=c&pw=2

If you arrive at Priory Queensway coch station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...95657&spn=0.006927,0.025663&z=15&layer=c&pw=2

When you get to Longbridge train station​

1. Ring my mobile. If I am available I will come collect you. Drive is only 5 minutes. Please remember that I will be very busy tuesday.

2. Phone for a taxi (do this in advance of arriving at Londbridge. The train from Birmingham city centre is 20 mins so ring before getting train). Try; 0121 476 5252 , 0121 476 5252 and 0121 475 1234 . Remember to get a quote before booking. The venue is only five minutes away so it should be less than £5.

3. Walk. Directions are: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...n=0.006939,0.025663&ie=UTF8&z=13&layer=c&pw=2 Takes 30 mins.

When walking you will eventually come to a small roundabout with a pub on it. Turn right and the venue is there. Look at the website to see how the venue looks from the outside.

Kone

Smash Master
I need people to bring as many of the following as possible. Please appreciate I am doing my very best to put on the best tournament possible for 110 people. Understandbly I need your help aswell.

1. Gamecubes + Wiis. If you have more than on bring them. If each person in the UK brings their own cube/wii we will have enough setups per tv. If not WE DON'T.

2. Copies of melee. Please bring every copy of melee you have and/or your family and friends. More copies we have more than likely we will have enough setups running.

3. Powerpoints. Please bring any size powerpoints you have. 2 plug, 4 plug, 6 plug and 8 plug each. Doesn't matter how long or small they will come in useful. Most people use them in their rooms. If you are taken your setup to SNY you won't need them while your away. SO PLEASE BRING THEM.

4. TVS. Between me and Charles we have around 30 tvs at the moment. Please please please understand that it is paramount that the rest of the community help with this. It really isn't hard to put 2 small tvs in your car if you are getting a lift. Small tvs are fine. PLEASE BRING THEM.

5. Recording setups including handheld cameras/camcorders to get live footage of the tournament.

6. Microphones and amps. More the merrier.

7. Universal remotes. This is a huge must. Huge chances are most tvs don't have a remote. We need universal remotes to sort them out. More we have increases the chance of getting every tv working aswell as how quickly we get them working.

8. Does anyone have a projector screen that they can bring. Think friends/family and work. I have a projector but no screen. Also, any cables we may need for the projector (between setups/laptops etc).

9. Toilet Roll and Bin bags. I am seriously not joking here lol. Venue doesn't supply them. I encourage you to bring your own roll and bin bags you have lying around (give them to me please).

10. Scart Blocks

11. RF cables or ANY CABLE THAT GOES FROM THE BACK OF A CUBE/WII INTO AN AERIAL PORT.

ALSO THINK ABOUT BRINGING/DOING THE FOLLOWING

1. Deoderant
2. Shampoo
3. Towel
4. Toothpaste/Toothbrush
5. Sleeping bag/blanket
6. Pillow
7. Sticky labels on all your stuff
8. Getting my mobile number
9. Walking directions from google maps if you are getting into Longbridge station and I can't get you.
10. Printed bus details and walking directions if you are getting into Birmingham city centre and I can't get you.
11. Alcohol to chill and enjoy evening chatter. Not everyone will be geeking out in the gym hall with smash all night ;)
12. Toilet roll
Getting to the venue information

If you are arriving in Birmingham city centre;

You need to go to Birmingham New Street train station and get a train to Longbridge. Trains leave every ten minutes, take twenty minutes and cost £2.80.

If you arrive at Digbeth coach station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=6.879233,26.279297&ie=UTF8&z=16&layer=c&pw=2

If you arrive at Priory Queensway coch station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...95657&spn=0.006927,0.025663&z=15&layer=c&pw=2

When you get to Longbridge train station​

1. Ring my mobile. If I am available I will come collect you. Drive is only 5 minutes. Please remember that I will be very busy tuesday.

2. Phone for a taxi (do this in advance of arriving at Londbridge. The train from Birmingham city centre is 20 mins so ring before getting train). Try; 0121 476 5252 , 0121 476 5252 and 0121 475 1234 . Remember to get a quote before booking. The venue is only five minutes away so it should be less than £5.

3. Walk. Directions are: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...n=0.006939,0.025663&ie=UTF8&z=13&layer=c&pw=2 Takes 30 mins.

When walking you will eventually come to a small roundabout with a pub on it. Turn right and the venue is there. Look at the website to see how the venue looks from the outside.
My address if anyone needs it: 33 Grange Road, Stourbridge, DY9 7LE.
My mobile is: 07982248134.

Also, for those getting into Longbridge and want a lift from me instead of walking please take note. Alot of people will be doing the same thing. Please be courteous and let me know BEFORE you get there like tell me when you are getting on the train to Longbridge or else you maybe waiting for some time.

Lastly, Brits if you want a lift from Longbridge instead of walking I expect you to bring cubes as part of the deal. If you don't post a valid reason you can walk.

Top Bottom