• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizza Mafia - Over! Who lived happily ever after in the land of Tito's refrigerator?

T-Block is a ninja. Liked his last post a hell of a lot more.

Unvote Vote Smargaret

@Soup - Look at your Role PM. Look at the sample role PM. What the hell is a nameclaim going to do in any situation. "Oh ****! Canadian Bacon is a scummy claim!"

Unvote Vote Smargaret

Who the hell do you think I am?!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Okay ES. Thanks.

T-Block: don't get me wrong, J is a very nice person. that's why he said that. If that was something really relevant about this game, then yes. I would be shocked.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I wouldn't consider J "friendly" in mafia games to be exact. He seems to be really... hmm.. aggressive? Like he seems pissed half the time honestly. That's just from what I remember, though xD! I don't think he gets any less pissed when he is pressuring people ._.
Pissy? ;_; I try and be friendly but sometimes to get what you want you have to be forceful >.>

@J: Now that you have my opinion, what are your thoughts on what I've said? Did you have a read on me before my posts? What about after?
o_O? Now this is a new one.

Well from what you have said it seems like you are going back and forth on your reado n smarg to the point where you don't know if she is scummy or towny based on the reaction you have seen. I didn't have a read on you before your posts and now I still don't. I find it odd that you are asking my individual opinion on you so early. It seems off to say the least.

T-block

B2B TST
Meta be damned is a pretty good strategy, bro.
Forgive the ignorance - are you saying I shouldn't rely so much on meta?

What's wrong with being aggressive? What's the reason on Smargaret?

I'm perfectly happy with lynching her.
Nothing wrong with being aggressive... just seemed a little strange from what I'd seen of J so far. Maybe I just had an inaccurate picture of him from his initial posts here, hence the request for meta information. Moreover, that post seemed less like pressure and more like an attempt to discredit smarg.

If you could, would you end the day right now with her lynch then?

I've heard you're pretty much a baller. Why the shady post?
Elaborate on both fronts please. What have you heard about me, and how is my post shady?

T-block

B2B TST
o_O? Now this is a new one.

Well from what you have said it seems like you are going back and forth on your reado n smarg to the point where you don't know if she is scummy or towny based on the reaction you have seen. I didn't have a read on you before your posts and now I still don't. I find it odd that you are asking my individual opinion on you so early. It seems off to say the least.
I don't know if you saw my post on the matter. smarg is slightly leaning scum for me at the moment, but not because she refused to answer the question. I never said I wasn't sure if she was towny or scummy.

I can elaborate on why I asked you that question if you want, but I don't feel the need to at the moment. I will eventually though.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
J: From what I see, it seems that you're really friendly early game, but the later we get into the game, the more PO'd you get.

Make sure to explain why you decided to wait when you do answer, T-block!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kay yea I am liking T-block more and more and gonna say town for now.

Oh Joey, you mean I go from care-free, happy-go-lucky to serious and getting stuff done when it matters? Then yes that is true. ^^

Forgive the ignorance - are you saying I shouldn't rely so much on meta?

Nothing wrong with being aggressive... just seemed a little strange from what I'd seen of J so far. Maybe I just had an inaccurate picture of him from his initial posts here, hence the request for meta information. Moreover, that post seemed less like pressure and more like an attempt to discredit smarg.

If you could, would you end the day right now with her lynch then?

Elaborate on both fronts please. What have you heard about me, and how is my post shady?
Meta has it's place. You're reaching there though. Especially depending on someone else's take on it.

If I could, no. If deadline was in an hour, yes.

Heard you're pretty legit.

Your post looked less like an honest post and more like an offhand comment meant to hurt the credibility of a wagon on the scummiest person this phase.

Kay yea I am liking T-block more and more and gonna say town for now.
Me too. Cool fella.

Unvote Vote Smargaret

Joey, you're waaaaay to happy all the time.

Evil Soup

Smash Rookie
@AM

K.

@tblock

J is usually happy and the meta stands, I just haven't seen any AtE so that is one thing.

Joey, how would you resond in smargs situation, would you be agressive also?

T-block

B2B TST
Meta has it's place. You're reaching there though. Especially depending on someone else's take on it.

If I could, no. If deadline was in an hour, yes.

Heard you're pretty legit.

Your post looked less like an honest post and more like an offhand comment meant to hurt the credibility of a wagon on the scummiest person this phase.
Fair point on meta.

Gheb and ES both made posts that could be considered as hurting the credibility of the wagon, yet you didn't respond to those in this way?

Evil Soup

Smash Rookie
So there you go Joey, you just answered one of your own questions, and now the only thing you have left on smarg is redirction on me but you can go ahead and play with that.

@AA

I was very sincere.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
6. Asdioh - =3c Hello person who always finds me scummy unless he is hiding behind me. What are you going to do D1?
Silly J, I neither hide behind you nor always find you scummy... unless you act scummy, which as of page 3, you haven't.

So you're looking good so far, as I catch up to the activity that always happens when I'm at work but not when I'm actually home to play!

I'll tell you what I'll do D1 (aside from find and lynch scum) after I read the rest of the stuff that's happened and see if there's anything significant.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Silly J, I neither hide behind you nor always find you scummy... unless you act scummy, which as of page 3, you haven't.

So you're looking good so far, as I catch up to the activity that always happens when I'm at work but not when I'm actually home to play!

I'll tell you what I'll do D1 (aside from find and lynch scum) after I read the rest of the stuff that's happened and see if there's anything significant.
You hide behind me in UPick 1 ._. in fact the entire scum-team did since I suck at reading n00bs.

Also you're home now, let's play. ^^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@ People that have played with Smarg(I don't think I've played a full game with her): Does she normally have this... aggressive (almost to the point where she seems to be attacking) playstyle with her word choice and such?
Thus far, I'm thinking she's town. The accusations against her ring all too familiar a la Bingo Mafia.

I like that JTB and J are getting discussion going for the town. I don't see how that's a bad thing, even if Gheb doesn't like one of the questions J asked.

Agressive Mediation, do you really want Smarg lynched? I'm assuming not, but just in case.

Smarg, why did you mention Soupa as a policy lynch? Makes me think you're trying to re-direct the pressure.

There ya go.
See? It's that word "redirection" being used against her... again.

Still reading through but if y'all keep comparing play from one game to play in another, you're gonna get nowhere. Metas aren't really a solid tell because they can change from one game to another.
wait...

The Great Kamina cannot stand to watch these shenanigans. Let RVS begone. We lynch Smarg for being the most inactive from my experience. The reward for keeping her around isn't stellar either. Real men speak with their votes!

Vote Smargeret

unvote
Vote: Aggressive Mediation

I am not going to hand scum an illustrated list of The Best Players in D-Games. I disagree, it IS a bad question to start off with, if only because it points out the easy mislynch targets (the people not on the list) and the people to nk first.

Joey, I never said I was lurking/inactive, except for Bingo, which I'm not going to discuss further (watch J have a problem with that too). My point was, lurking can be strategic sometimes, and when it isn't, I'm not inactive.
I think her first line is debatable, on whether it could hurt/help to point it out. I can see either side, and I can see her not wanting to give a list. Pretty much a null-tell here.

Also agreed that the "you are an inactive player" argument used against her is pretty crappy, based off of only three games, when, like she says, being 'inactive' can be helpful to her faction.

Joey, I like what you are getting at but usage of words should not be that high of a scumtell, you shouldn't analyze on certain words, you should analyze on the sentence or the message at hand.

I agree that smarg is using a tad redirection however I will step in and say she is just being satrical with My mention, I was terrible in that game.
Soup, the last time I saw you use the phrase "usage of words" you were saying it was a scumtell for someone.

unvote

Not sure that I like this wagon on smarg.

Pretty aggressive post. She already gave her reason for not answering the question, but you push against that reason. Whether I think the reason is valid is irrelevant... here it feels like you are looking to discredit smarg instead of to pressure her.

Somebody give me some meta on J. Is he usually really friendly in mafia games? Does his attitude/tone tend to change when a lot when pressuring someone?
I like T-Block thus far.

As for meta on J? He's a very important player. The trick is: do the exact opposite of what he says. :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So there you go Joey, you just answered one of your own questions, and now the only thing you have left on smarg is redirction on me but you can go ahead and play with that.

@AA

I was very sincere.
What in the world is this post?

FoS: Evil Soup

Oh yea, I started using FoS's more since I joined another site. They actually do work for something apparantly.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I hat you Asdioh. Very mucho :c
Hey, at least you give town a clear-cut road to victory.
All I do is somehow kill activity :urg:

And gosh, you're saying I 'hide behind you' because in my first game ever you were pretty much willing to bet that I was town, so I just let you do what you wanted? :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
But you make it sound as if I am always wrong when I'm not. D=

Anyways what do you think of Evil Soup/Joey/Gheb? Who looks the worse out of them in your eyes? Make a list listing them from scummiest to towniest atm.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Asdioh you shouldn't always play based on meta. From the looks of it, that's exactly what you're doing. Redirecting pressure from yourself shouldn't be a good thing just because she did it in one game before where she had a PR.

No @ ES. I never called Smarg scum for aggressive play.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-3

7/13 to lynch.

Aggressive Mediation [3]: Evil Soup, smargaret, Asdioh
smargaret [3]: J, Joey, Aggressive Mediation
Evil Soup [2]: JTB, Gheb
JTB [1]: Joey
T-block [1]: July
Joey [1]: Asdioh

Evil Soup > Aggressive Mediation
J > July > smargaret
Aggressive Mediation > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret
Roxy
Glyph
Asdioh > Joey > Aggressive Mediation
smargaret > Aggressive Mediation
JTB > Evil Soup
July > T-block
Terywj
T-block > Evil Soup > Unvote
Gheb_01 > J > Evil Soup
ゼニガメ (Joey) > JTB > Smargaret

July

Smash Apprentice
9. July - Heya Dear, I wonder if I will please me with your posts like you usual do or will I end up trying to use the vote I have on you now for real. Why do you think I choose you for my RVS vote?
Hi hi J, I will be posting as always, and I figure your vote was on me for the sake of randomness, and I was the most recent person to post.

because we think alike, and despite the AtE i agree with most of your points.
I've definitely heard this somewhere else before...

Evil Soup, do you think you'll have a solid read on J by the end of Day 1?

I mentioned Soup because he was so distracting and overwhelmingly anti-town in Dissidia.

J, I didn't answer your question because it was stupid and WIFOMy. I have little control over whether I'm nk'd or not early in the game; what on earth do you hope to gain from my answer?
This response is really strange, especially because it doesn't directly relate to the question J asked. However, also not seeing much motivation for why scum Smarg not to just answer the question, since clearly it has brought her quite a lot of heat.

@ People that have played with Smarg(I don't think I've played a full game with her): Does she normally have this... aggressive (almost to the point where she seems to be attacking) playstyle with her word choice and such?
Smarg's playstyle can be aggressive, and I admittedly have a very hard time reading her because of it.

unvote

Not sure that I like this wagon on smarg.

Pretty aggressive post. She already gave her reason for not answering the question, but you push against that reason. Whether I think the reason is valid is irrelevant... here it feels like you are looking to discredit smarg instead of to pressure her.

Somebody give me some meta on J. Is he usually really friendly in mafia games? Does his attitude/tone tend to change when a lot when pressuring someone?
Meta for J is difficult, J is usually friendly AND aggressive at different points in the game. Honestly with you want to look at actions in this game above anything else; playstyle and meta can get really distracting.

As for the Smarg wagon, overall it seems sincere. My personal concern is that I know I interpret scum Smarg and town Smarg both as scummy, so I am not convinced from Smarg's actions so far that she is scum. My deeper concern is that I dislike a wagon gaining momentum so quickly this early in the game because it is easy for scum to jump on that.

I really question the sincerity of this post:

Nabe's going to shoot you Ryker lol.

I honestly don't plan on staying on her. Plus I never said she wasn't an aggressive poster, I just said that the post came off as aggressive. While I feel that she could be an aggressive poster, which is why I asked, her other posts really haven't seemed aggressive like that one.

Sure, it's early, but she could atleast TRY to scum hunt. Ask some questions to players that are inactive, comment on the argument that happened before her post, stuff like that. Yet she didn't. She just gave a lousy defense and tried to throw the pressure off of her.

I don't have reason NOT to continue on Smarg right now, so I will. Until something more scummy happens, I'm fine with where I am.

This hydra... what a fun game this will be.
Unvote
Vote: Joey

Joey, why do you say that you do not plan to stay on Smarg? How can you already know that?

As for the second part, it sounds to me like you are content to vote Smarg for now because she is considered the scummiest player and will remain there until someone else is considered scummier; basically this sounds like you plan to wagon hop. Please explain what you meant by that second bolded part.

Thus far, I'm thinking she's town. The accusations against her ring all too familiar a la Bingo Mafia.

See? It's that word "redirection" being used against her... again.

wait...

unvote
Vote: Aggressive Mediation

I think her first line is debatable, on whether it could hurt/help to point it out. I can see either side, and I can see her not wanting to give a list. Pretty much a null-tell here.

Also agreed that the "you are an inactive player" argument used against her is pretty crappy, based off of only three games, when, like she says, being 'inactive' can be helpful to her faction.

Soup, the last time I saw you use the phrase "usage of words" you were saying it was a scumtell for someone.

I like T-Block thus far.

As for meta on J? He's a very important player. The trick is: do the exact opposite of what he says. :D
Who the hell do you think I am?! This post doesn't hold water.

1.) Meta has it's place. If you want to call out a hydra for a contradiction, do it off of this, not what you quoted.
2.) What Kamina the wise proposed was a policy lynch, not a meta tell. Inactivity is verifiable.
3.) I have since let you in on the fact that I don't care about inactivity. No one here is trying to lynch Smargaret because of inactivity. You're trying to make sure this lynch doesn't go through by MAKING **** UP.

You will claim that you were joking about J, but you're still trying to discredit him.

Unvote Vote: Asdioh

Foolish amatuer scum, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Asdioh you shouldn't always play based on meta. From the looks of it, that's exactly what you're doing. Redirecting pressure from yourself shouldn't be a good thing just because she did it in one game before where she had a PR.

No @ ES. I never called Smarg scum for aggressive play.
Whoa whoa wait. I just re-read Asdioh's post after this post cuz I didn't think this could be true but then I look at the points he makes and it is true they are based off of meta.

Smarg - Meta
Evil Soup - Meta
Agressive Meditation - Meta
J - Meta

You try and discredit Joey by saying Smarg meta seems to be the same about an on-going game in which she flipped town. Discredits the arguement based on meta.

ES - tries to discredit them based on a previous statement made in another game. Based on Meta of soupa side.

AM - Tries to use the meta arguement AGAINST AM in which he tries to point them out as hypocrites from using meta. This is just weird and involved meta.

J - tries to discredit however in a very joking tone that I am strong but always wrong.

Asdioh, why did you primarily focus around meta to respond to things?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Wow. I have two comments:

1. I did address the accusations of redirecting, saying that it was perfectly valid to point out that there are better PL candidates if you're going off of damage to your faction. I'm too lazy to go back and look up which post exactly.

2. AM, wtf? Do you have a posting restriction or something?

Also, whoever asked me to nameclaim, you realize there are three votes on me, right? What purpose is my nameclaiming supposed to serve? (translation: not gonna do it).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ryker I hate you I hate you I hate you.

In reality I love you bro but good god quit being me! ;_;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm with Ryker, Asdioh you got your activity when you are home but are you really happy?

Unvote
Vote: Asdioh

Wow. I have two comments:

1. I did address the accusations of redirecting, saying that it was perfectly valid to point out that there are better PL candidates if you're going off of damage to your faction. I'm too lazy to go back and look up which post exactly.

2. AM, wtf? Do you have a posting restriction or something?

Also, whoever asked me to nameclaim, you realize there are three votes on me, right? What purpose is my nameclaiming supposed to serve? (translation: not gonna do it).
No, they do not. They wish they do but they really don't.
The amazing Kamina approves of this post. The last game AM played in was offsite and involved numerous math puns.

Ryker I hate you I hate you I hate you.

In reality I love you bro but good god quit being me! ;_;
Hey, let's make a QT so we can do sneaky stuff and blindside the scum!

Unvote Vote Asdioh

T-block

B2B TST
I looked through your posts and couldn't find it - do you mind digging it up for me?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sure that sounds fun. I got the QT already ready and everything.

I'll send it to you via PM.

@mod - I love you for your vote count.

The manly Kamina must go and host the manliest mafia game on SWF. ROLE PMS GOING OUT!

Until then I'll leave you with this:

Unvote Vote Asdioh

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Unvote
Vote: Joey

Joey, why do you say that you do not plan to stay on Smarg? How can you already know that?

As for the second part, it sounds to me like you are content to vote Smarg for now because she is considered the scummiest player and will remain there until someone else is considered scummier; basically this sounds like you plan to wagon hop. Please explain what you meant by that second bolded part.
Because it's the beginning of day one and my thoughts may change later on. Smarg is the scummiest person (with asdioh now) at this time, but between now and our deadline, that could change very easily. Plus I was asked if I was going to.

I'm willing to vote smarg, yes. She's the most scummy, and a vote at L-5 is decent pressure. My vote will remain there until I think someone is more scummy than her. Your assumption of me wagon hopping because of this isn't backed up now, since I've only had one serious vote this whole game, so I can't defend against it until I do or do not wagon hop. I don't plan on doing it though, if that's what you want for a defense for now.

I'm willing to apply pressure to Smarg until someone else deserves it more. That's basically what I meant.

Top Bottom