• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizza Mafia - Over! Who lived happily ever after in the land of Tito's refrigerator?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree with Soup. People have legitimately admitted that the discussion they've been trying to present has been mainly for the sake of talking ... but when smarg shows up with some "real" talk poeple expect her to answer these question and have issues with her "aggressive" wording [which I don't see is the case anyway].

:059:

@jtb

Ryker had this same attitude as sk in dissidia and won so I'm salty about that myself.
Still reading through but if y'all keep comparing play from one game to play in another, you're gonna get nowhere. Metas aren't really a solid tell because they can change from one game to another.

Who the hell do you think we are etc

Ryker, I've played three games with you. One (ongoing) I was doc and trying to hide in the background. One (Rusty Guillotine) I was scum. One (Dissidia) I was pretty darned active.

Policy lynching on false premises? Not cool. Vote: Aggressive Mediation
Currently WashedLaundry talking since Broto's working on Role PMs for another game, but this post just screams of OMGUS. I haven't played in any of those games but reading into this, it sounds like you were active in 1/3. How'd you play in that sole game when active?

Policy lynches aren't conducted simply for inactive players, etc.

I like that JTB and J are getting discussion going for the town. I don't see how that's a bad thing, even if Gheb doesn't like one of the questions J asked.

Agressive Mediation, do you really want Smarg lynched? I'm assuming not, but just in case.
I don't think Broto intentionally did but after:

Smarg, why did you mention Soupa as a policy lynch? Makes me think you're trying to re-direct the pressure.
I'm totally advocating her as our best route for the moment.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Look at these two quotes

Ryker, I've played three games with you. One (ongoing) I was doc and trying to hide in the background. One (Rusty Guillotine) I was scum. One (Dissidia) I was pretty darned active.

Policy lynching on false premises? Not cool. Vote: Aggressive Mediation
Also, soup's in this game. Do you really think I'm the best player to policy lynch?
Laundry has a good point that Smarg was only active in one of those games. The hydra stated that they were voting Smarg, one of the reasons being that she wasn't the most active. Your defense pretty much confirms that you were inactive in 2 of the 3 games that you've played with him. Then you vote the hydra for "Policy lynching on false premises," when they're actually right according to your defense.

Then you try to re-direct pressure to Soupa because he was anti town in one game. You didn't even give the reasons for why Soupa would be a better policy lynch than you until we had to ask for them later. I really don't like this. Not one bit.

I mentioned Soup because he was so distracting and overwhelmingly anti-town in Dissidia.

J, I didn't answer your question because it was stupid and WIFOMy. I have little control over whether I'm nk'd or not early in the game; what on earth do you hope to gain from my answer?

Look at the bolded words. Sure, stupid isn't normally really a word used to attack someone or to come off as agressive, but when paired with "What on earth" afterwards, it came off as a little bit on the aggressive side to me, which is why I asked, Gheb. Was just wondering, and I don't consider her scummy for this.

Gheb what do you mean "expect her to answer these questions"? She's in the game and she said odd things (like suggesting soup as a policy lynch over herself), so we questioned her. Plus she skipped over a question J asked without reasons (at the time J had to ask again).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb what do you mean "expect her to answer these questions"? She's in the game and she said odd things (like suggesting soup as a policy lynch over herself), so we questioned her.
What exactly is odd about that? If somebody wants to lynch you for "policy" then I'm sure you'd also name other people if you think it's not warranted. Be a bit more considerate here - how would you react if you were confronted in such a manner?

Plus she skipped over a question J asked without reasons (at the time J had to ask again).
I think it was a pretty useless question to be honest. That's what I meant with "expecting these questions to be answered". Why is she supposed to answer stuff that's part of discussion most of us agreed to not lead anywhere when others can freely admit to just ask them for the hell of it? That's a double standard in my book and I wouldn't hold that against her when you don't treat others the same way.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, I didn't answer your question because it was stupid and WIFOMy. I have little control over whether I'm nk'd or not early in the game; what on earth do you hope to gain from my answer?
You didn't even....I mean what are you.....huh? o_O I think you got majorly confused my dear.

He asked you who town should look out for the most though...?
^^This this this.

@ People that have played with Smarg(I don't think I've played a full game with her): Does she normally have this... aggressive (almost to the point where she seems to be attacking) playstyle with her word choice and such?
Yes she does have a little bark to her posts but that's pri much it. =3

JTB, he asked me whether I was going to die early like I always do. I am sick to death of being the n1 nk, the day 1 mislynch, so on and so forth. It's annoying, and my irritation is coming through in my posts.
:facepalm: No. Not even close to what I was getting at. And damn girl with the hostility.

He asked another question at the end of his post (that was directed at you). JTB is correct.
Once again ^THIS

again, I'm not sure that's a question that should be answered. I certainly have an opinion on who the stronger players are, but that's not something I want scum to know.
.............what? It was just a simple question and now you are openly saying that you plan to hold some things back you believe in just cuz? Me no like.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think it was a pretty useless question to be honest. That's what I meant with "expecting these questions to be answered". Why is she supposed to answer stuff that's part of discussion most of us agreed to not lead anywhere when others can freely admit to just ask them for the hell of it? That's a double standard in my book and I wouldn't hold that against her when you don't treat others the same way.

I plan on treating others the same way when they do ignore my questions however she is blatantly admitting a bad reason to ignore it AND the way she is acting too is off to me w.r.t. the question. The question was a simple one meaning who she would think we should look at for or put into a better term, 'Who are strong players in her mind." How is that a bad question to start off with? (Don't go into why, it's rhetorical)

I'm more focused on the way she is reacting to the question, not the question itself. That's what I am having a problem with Gheb.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
I am not going to hand scum an illustrated list of The Best Players in D-Games. I disagree, it IS a bad question to start off with, if only because it points out the easy mislynch targets (the people not on the list) and the people to nk first.

Joey, I never said I was lurking/inactive, except for Bingo, which I'm not going to discuss further (watch J have a problem with that too). My point was, lurking can be strategic sometimes, and when it isn't, I'm not inactive.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
also, I'm leaving the house now, so don't expect any more responses for a couple of hours.

Evil Soup

Smash Rookie
Joey, I like what you are getting at but usage of words should not be that high of a scumtell, you shouldn't analyze on certain words, you should analyze on the sentence or the message at hand.

I agree that smarg is using a tad redirection however I will step in and say she is just being satrical with My mention, I was terrible in that game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
But I don't see a problem with her reaction either.

And this is what I want. ^^ Disagreement.

I am not going to hand scum an illustrated list of The Best Players in D-Games. I disagree, it IS a bad question to start off with, if only because it points out the easy mislynch targets (the people not on the list) and the people to nk first.

Joey, I never said I was lurking/inactive, except for Bingo, which I'm not going to discuss further (watch J have a problem with that too). My point was, lurking can be strategic sometimes, and when it isn't, I'm not inactive.
How in the hell do you get such a radical opinion off a simple question Smarg. It's almost conspiracy theory that everything you say is gonna be taken as gold and the mafia are gonna listen to EXACTLY what you say regardless of their own opinions or what they think of other peoples opinions.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Joey, I like what you are getting at but usage of words should not be that high of a scumtell, you shouldn't analyze on certain words, you should analyze on the sentence or the message at hand.

I agree that smarg is using a tad redirection however I will step in and say she is just being satrical with My mention, I was terrible in that game.
ES, Gheb's side or Joey's side?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I also wanna say, Smarg's activity isn't indicitive of whether she could be scum or town. From my exp. with her at least.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That's just one game though. There were three games used against her, two of which she was inactive.

I don't think Smarg is scummy for her post that came off aggressive. I think she's scummy for her defense and her re-direction. I wouldn't suggest a different policy lynch if one person wanted to policy lynch me. I don't understand why anyone would, honestly. To me it feels that she's really not trying to scum hunt through re-directing the pressure applied to her.

The Great Kamina has faith in his fellow townies. Soup shall prove his worth in time. You however, you ambigous beast human *******, may die in your filth!

Unvote Vote: Smargaret

I also wanna say, Smarg's activity isn't indicitive of whether she could be scum or town. From my exp. with her at least.
Did I ever say it was? The Unstoppable Kamina doesn't care at all about your activity, but that reaction is more than enough to stabilize my vote.

Laundry can be Simon, J can be Yoko, Joey can be Kitan and I'll even go out on a limb and say Gheb can be Viral as he is starting out counter to my cause.

Soup, I was going to say you could be my Simon, but your post looks waaaaaay to non-commital and is against everything I see my Soup standing for. I expect that from DH, not you. Your bold statements are supposed to be helped my DH's timid nature, not stopped completely. I will not stand for such behavior. Get off the fence and show me my Soup! Be my Rossieu!

It's over for you, Smargaret.

Who the hell do you think we are?!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Neither? Was there ever a side to begin with?
No. :) It was simply a question to see if you would do something silly which you did.

That's just one game though. There were three games used against her, two of which she was inactive.

I don't think Smarg is scummy for her post that came off aggressive. I think she's scummy for her defense and her re-direction. I wouldn't suggest a different policy lynch if one person wanted to policy lynch me. I don't understand why anyone would, honestly. To me it feels that she's really not trying to scum hunt through re-directing the pressure applied to her.
To be fair though Joey, how can anyone scum-hunt yet? How do you expect her to scum-hunt when the majority of what is going on now is centered on how people think of her? Is she supposed to scum-hunt on herself? Also you asked if she is an agressive poster and now you are saying that she isn't that aggressive? Why? Also I could see some reasons like pride or just not wanting to die to suggest a different policy lynch, basically it's a matter of who it is. Smarg is very pro-self from games I have seen with her in which she likes to survive. Nothing wrong with that since she still tries to play to her wincon but sometimes it can get in the way.

Joey, you are gonna continue on Smargy aren't you?

To be fair though Joey, how can anyone scum-hunt yet? How do you expect her to scum-hunt when the majority of what is going on now is centered on how people think of her? Is she supposed to scum-hunt on herself? Also you asked if she is an agressive poster and now you are saying that she isn't that aggressive? Why? Also I could see some reasons like pride or just not wanting to die to suggest a different policy lynch, basically it's a matter of who it is. Smarg is very pro-self from games I have seen with her in which she likes to survive. Nothing wrong with that since she still tries to play to her wincon but sometimes it can get in the way.
Tch! Yoko, you're smarter than that! Don't even suggest that there isn't ample information for me to dismantle the entire scum team from this point!

Who the hell do you think I am?!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Nabe's going to shoot you Ryker lol.

I honestly don't plan on staying on her. Plus I never said she wasn't an aggressive poster, I just said that the post came off as aggressive. While I feel that she could be an aggressive poster, which is why I asked, her other posts really haven't seemed aggressive like that one.

Sure, it's early, but she could atleast TRY to scum hunt. Ask some questions to players that are inactive, comment on the argument that happened before her post, stuff like that. Yet she didn't. She just gave a lousy defense and tried to throw the pressure off of her.

I don't have reason NOT to continue on Smarg right now, so I will. Until something more scummy happens, I'm fine with where I am.

This hydra... what a fun game this will be.

Maybe because you're right, Yoko.

Gheb, get on this wagon, it's good stuff.

Unvote Vote Smargaret

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gheb's not gonna agree to this and call us silly for going along with this~

T-B, I see you viewing, can you please voice your opinion on the situation?

And why the ef am I the woman again? ;_;

T-block

B2B TST
unvote

Not sure that I like this wagon on smarg.

How in the hell do you get such a radical opinion off a simple question Smarg. It's almost conspiracy theory that everything you say is gonna be taken as gold and the mafia are gonna listen to EXACTLY what you say regardless of their own opinions or what they think of other peoples opinions.
Pretty aggressive post. She already gave her reason for not answering the question, but you push against that reason. Whether I think the reason is valid is irrelevant... here it feels like you are looking to discredit smarg instead of to pressure her.

Somebody give me some meta on J. Is he usually really friendly in mafia games? Does his attitude/tone tend to change when a lot when pressuring someone?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Why... L-4 =/= Name claim or role claim or anything. That just means make a better defense... Explain what you were trying to get across with that statement, Evil Soup

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Somebody give me some meta on J. Is he usually really friendly in mafia games? Does his attitude/tone tend to change when a lot when pressuring someone?
Oh I am dieing for someone to answer this question. =3c

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I wouldn't consider J "friendly" in mafia games to be exact. He seems to be really... hmm.. aggressive? Like he seems pissed half the time honestly. That's just from what I remember, though xD! I don't think he gets any less pissed when he is pressuring people ._.

T-block

B2B TST
However, smarg does stand out to me, not because of her unwillingness to answer J's question, but because she has not (to my knowledge - correct me if I'm wrong) acknowledged the accusations of redirection. The redirection itself is not scummy in my eyes - in my opinion it came at the end of RVS. Her focus on the question, to which she probably feels she has a solid defense, instead of the redirection is what's bothering me.

Gheb's not gonna agree to this and call us silly for going along with this~

T-B, I see you viewing, can you please voice your opinion on the situation?

And why the ef am I the woman again? ;_;
She's the closest to a main character after Simon and Kamina. That's obviously why. You need to watch that anime ASAP before it gets spoiled to badly.

Unvote Vote Smargaret

unvote

Not sure that I like this wagon on smarg.

Pretty aggressive post. She already gave her reason for not answering the question, but you push against that reason. Whether I think the reason is valid is irrelevant... here it feels like you are looking to discredit smarg instead of to pressure her.

Meta be damned is a pretty good strategy, bro.

What's wrong with being aggressive? What's the reason on Smargaret?

I'm perfectly happy with lynching her.

I've heard you're pretty much a baller. Why the shady post?

Unvote Vote Smargaret

Evil Soup

Smash Rookie
@J and Joey

Nameclaim is safer, I'm stating if she were pushed to l1 to do so instead of role.

I also answered that question you are looking for an Answer to.

I do not really like this wagon myself, but I digress.

Top Bottom