• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizza Mafia - Over! Who lived happily ever after in the land of Tito's refrigerator?

Evil Soup

Smash Rookie
@J

Joey said he did not have a scumread on smarg for being agressive, but the reason for his vote on smarg is that.

He said he was being too aggressive as one point but redirection as another, and he made a meta question on this.

I asked him if he would be agressive in that situation smarg was in, and he said yes, so My main argument is still that this wagon is ******** and made off of petty crap, but I digress for its the beginning of the game, which is why I stayed that you could go play around with that.

@asdioh
I've learned a lot from my Mistakes.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No. I posted clearly when I talked about her being aggressive that I did NOT think she was scum because of it. It was in my post against her with her 3 quotes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh snap, thought I killed activity but luckily, I was wrong!
But you make it sound as if I am always wrong when I'm not. D=

Anyways what do you think of Evil Soup/Joey/Gheb? Who looks the worse out of them in your eyes? Make a list listing them from scummiest to towniest atm.
OK J, I guess you're right sometimes maybe :p

Let's see... first I'll say that due to how short a time the game's been going on for, I don't have a super strong read on anyone yet. I've already said I thought Smarg was towny and that I didn't really like the reasoning for the bandwagon on her. Also, not gonna list them in the order you asked, I'll just say what I think about them.

Anyway, Evil Soup thus far is ... hard to get a strong opinion on. He said some derpy things early on (wrt Gheb and JTB) but I don't know what to make of it.

Joey? My RVS vote on him was somewhat serious, with the whole possibly buddying Smarg thing, but after the game started, he has done the opposite of think that Smarg was town. Is he scum? I don't know, looks like he's trying to scumhunt so far, even if I disagree with his opinion.

Gheb hasn't done much yet this game. I'm not getting the "faketown" vibe I got from him in Dissidia, when he was scum, but like I said, it's early.

Asdioh you shouldn't always play based on meta. From the looks of it, that's exactly what you're doing. Redirecting pressure from yourself shouldn't be a good thing just because she did it in one game before where she had a PR.

No @ ES. I never called Smarg scum for aggressive play.
I never said it was a good thing, I'm just saying that I don't see it like you seem to.

1.) Meta has it's place. If you want to call out a hydra for a contradiction, do it off of this, not what you quoted.
2.) What Kamina the wise proposed was a policy lynch, not a meta tell. Inactivity is verifiable.
3.) I have since let you in on the fact that I don't care about inactivity. No one here is trying to lynch Smargaret because of inactivity. You're trying to make sure this lynch doesn't go through by MAKING **** UP.
1. responding below
2. inactivity is part of meta. Someone could be inactive because they don't have strong reads in a certain game, or they're trying to stay low, etc.
3. ok I guess? It's like less than 12 hours in on D1, it's not like the lynch is going through anytime soon lol

Whoa whoa wait. I just re-read Asdioh's post after this post cuz I didn't think this could be true but then I look at the points he makes and it is true they are based off of meta.

Smarg - Meta
Evil Soup - Meta
Agressive Meditation - Meta
J - Meta

You try and discredit Joey by saying Smarg meta seems to be the same about an on-going game in which she flipped town. Discredits the arguement based on meta.

ES - tries to discredit them based on a previous statement made in another game. Based on Meta of soupa side.

AM - Tries to use the meta arguement AGAINST AM in which he tries to point them out as hypocrites from using meta. This is just weird and involved meta.

J - tries to discredit however in a very joking tone that I am strong but always wrong.

Asdioh, why did you primarily focus around meta to respond to things?
Question: is not the statement "meta is bad" opinion? AM just said above "meta has its place." I am using some meta because I have played with many of these players before, and even though meta can obviously change game-to-game, it is still likely to be useful in getting reads. Also, there's not much else to go on at this point.

Trying to defend Smarg with meta. Waiting for his reasons, though.
So you think Smarg+Asdioh?
Dear god I wouldn't be that stupid, give me more credit than that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Evil Soup is more town than scum personally. I feel that he's trying to help the town.

Asdioh, you basicly said "NO" to the whole wagon because she redirected pressure as doctor in another game. That's what I got from it anyways. Is that not meta?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
T-Block, I'm sorry, you're correct and I did not actually post it. I was thinking it, though.

I could see Asdioh-scum trying to derail a wagon on me to get me on his side, and the meta argument does suck. AM, am I correct that you proposed a PL on me as a reaction test?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Asdioh, you basicly said "NO" to the whole wagon because she redirected pressure as doctor in another game. That's what I got from it anyways. Is that not meta?
Sure, that's part of it.
But I wouldn't call it redirecting when someone has ONE RVS "policy" VOTE ON THEM and they counter said policy vote with what they think would be a better policy vote. ...which I happen to agree with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
All I see from you Asdioh is Metametametameta.

Saying there is nothing much else to go on is a load of BS. You are trying to cop out and not really respond. You also cop out and say defiantly that you will not list the people in a certain order but do not state why. Why will you not list them? What do you have to lose besides just not doing as asked to help town?

I can do it since you have refused to done so.

Joey - Null-maybe town.
ES - Meh, I am seeing a bit more of a scummy side then a town side.
Gheb - I like him so far, he's a town read atm.

Your picks are

Joey = IDK
ES = IDK
Gheb = IDK

Why did I pick those three? They are all very active posters besides myself, have stated opinions on things, and lead to gateways of discussion which you have actively avoided and shut down and therefore are trying not to answer me.

Also can I ask why you are still trying to discredit me? It's not helping your case. ^^ Makes me wanna lynch you more. Also quit discrediting AM as well cuz it's like discrediting me.

Die scum die.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's redirecting because she was being looked at and pressured, and she suggested ES as a target instead. That's exactly what she did. It's really scummy no matter which way you look at it. Do you agree with redirecting pressure, Asdioh?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also if we are playing by meta since there is nothing to go on....

I think this is scumAsdioh meta again because so far this is certainly not townAsdioh. =D

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Hey J, you're not posting in pink. When you're town, I always see you posting in pink. Since you're posting yellow, you must be scum, right?

And I forgot to do this in the last post - had to copy/paste to go back and look for the post that does not exist, and it got cut out -

Unvote
Vote: Asdioh

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's Len Kagamine.

And Smargy is this better? I also explained what I do with my font colours.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Len <3! No keep on posting in yellow! :O!

Gonna keep my vote on Smarg for now. Feeling eh on Asdioh at the moment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Someone should tighten Asdioh's noose even more.

and lol of course I'll continue posting in yellow.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Revenge! I saw that quick edit!

I'll re-read Asdioh before I go to bed tonight and place my vote for the night. Will be V/LA until 8:30-9 PM EST tomorrow. :p.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
July, I want your thoughts on Asdioh/Evil Soup. Also 2 scum-picks and two town-picks.

Express your opinion on my 253.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You also cop out and say defiantly that you will not list the people in a certain order but do not state why. Why will you not list them? What do you have to lose besides just not doing as asked to help town?
Joey = IDK
ES = IDK
Gheb = IDK
You just answered your own question? I don't have a strong enough read on any of them to list them like that. I already said that. I would probably vote for Joey right now if I had to choose between the three of them, but I'm not able to give exact quotes or anything to say why I think he's scummier, it's just the tiniest of vibes.

Why did I pick those three? They are all very active posters besides myself, have stated opinions on things, and lead to gateways of discussion which you have actively avoided and shut down and therefore are trying not to answer me.
Yeah, they've had a lot of posts. If I weren't at work, I would have participated in that discussion and developed a stronger opinion of them first hand. It's harder for me to take stances on people when I come back to find a few pages of talk that I don't find all that telling, when I wasn't in the middle of it all.

Also can I ask why you are still trying to discredit me? It's not helping your case. ^^ Makes me wanna lynch you more. Also quit discrediting AM as well cuz it's like discrediting me.

Die scum die.
ok... how am I discrediting either of you? Besides the obvious joking with you, all I did was point out how AM was being hypocritical and voted for him. I've said nothing about the actual players being... not credible, or whatever.

So just for the record, you think I'm scum because.... why, again? Some nonsense about using meta, not having a strong opinion on a few players that didn't stick out to me, and what else?

@AM: in response to my vote, you OMGUS'd without hesitation and mentioned that you were a hydra as part of your defense.

1.) Meta has it's place. If you want to call out a hydra for a contradiction, do it off of this, not what you quoted.
Can you elaborate on this whole point more for me, please? What exactly am I supposed to call out a hydra on?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-4

7/13 to lynch.

Asdioh [3]: J, Aggressive Mediation, smargaret
Evil Soup [2]: JTB, Gheb
Aggressive Mediation [2]: Evil Soup, Asdioh
smargaret [1]: Joey
Joey [1]: July

Evil Soup > Aggressive Mediation
J > July > smargaret > Asdioh
Aggressive Mediation > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > smargaret > Asdioh > Asdioh > Asdioh
Roxy
Glyph
Asdioh > Joey > Aggressive Mediation
smargaret > Aggressive Mediation > Asdioh
JTB > Evil Soup
July > T-block > Joey
Terywj
T-block > Evil Soup > Unvote
Gheb_01 > J > Evil Soup
ゼニガメ (Joey) > JTB > Smargaret

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ah to be back in a mafia game is so thrilling after like a 2 week break <3.

You just answered your own question? I don't have a strong enough read on any of them to list them like that. I already said that. I would probably vote for Joey right now if I had to choose between the three of them, but I'm not able to give exact quotes or anything to say why I think he's scummier, it's just the tiniest of vibes.
Nononono I did not just answer my own question. I didn't ask if your read was strong enough I asked you to list them and you said no. You just did so without saying and it's bugging me as to why you did that. Wth do you mean you don't have quotes or anything to pick and choose from to paint Joey as scum because there are definite posts that you could see as scumJoey because I see them myself. What do you mean vibes? That just sounds like a bunch of bull to skate around the fact of calling someone scummy and not leaving a trace.

Asdioh said:
Yeah, they've had a lot of posts. If I weren't at work, I would have participated in that discussion and developed a stronger opinion of them first hand. It's harder for me to take stances on people when I come back to find a few pages of talk that I don't find all that telling, when I wasn't in the middle of it all.
Way to cop out.....you can still express an opinion on someone by reading. Have you ever replaced into a game? If you did so and used that excuse to not have a read on anyone you would be lynched super quick. There is info and you just are shrugging away at it which I don't like at all.

Asdioh said:
ok... how am I discrediting either of you? Besides the obvious joking with you, all I did was point out how AM was being hypocritical and voted for him. I've said nothing about the actual players being... not credible, or whatever.
AM wasn't being hypocritical but you were trying to twist his words to make it seem they were being hypocritical which is discrediting them and their arguement. You continue to discredit them in this post as well a but more down. The thing is, is that you are continuing the joke to stress the point that I am not believeable regardless of what I may be which can paint someone in a bad light and make certain people not trust that person anymore. Why continue it besides to "joke" and make me look worse? What do you gain from doing so?

Asdioh said:
So just for the record, you think I'm scum because.... why, again? Some nonsense about using meta, not having a strong opinion on a few players that didn't stick out to me, and what else?
Wow you need to go back and read. Please do then get back to me cuz why I think you are scum should be pretty obvious at this point. Don't strawman me! haha~ ^^

Asdioh said:
@AM: in response to my vote, you OMGUS'd without hesitation and mentioned that you were a hydra as part of your defense.

Can you elaborate on this whole point more for me, please? What exactly am I supposed to call out a hydra on?
You are discrediting the entire thing AM had to say about you to simple OMGUS which is just not true at all. Once again, you are strawmanning the main point of the arguement to the easiest sense in which you can attack it. Why? Go back and actually look at why they are calling you out as scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nah, I still think you're town.

Though so far, you're proving me right about the "do the opposite of what J says" thing. :bee:
Once again you are only doing this to be annoying with the joking. Drop it or you will die <3

Also good to know that scum thinks I'm town. ^^ At least you aren't OMGUS'ing me cuz then I'd get an even bigger laugh out of it. =3c

Re-reading now. I'll pay special attention to Asdioh. Gimme a sec.
Thank you very much in advanced.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@ People that have played with Smarg(I don't think I've played a full game with her): Does she normally have this... aggressive (almost to the point where she seems to be attacking) playstyle with her word choice and such?
*then I talk about meta*

*EVERYONE'S ON MY *** *

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wow I am behind a bit, readin' ahora

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh goodie Glyph can catch up and maybe be a hero...

or will he be a villain? *le gasp*

T-block

B2B TST
You kinda stole some of what I was gonna say, J =\

Do I get to first for once?!

Vote: Joey

^ because I didn't like this OBVIOUS SCUM TRYING TO BUDDY TOWN
Here's the RVS vote.

Let's see... first I'll say that due to how short a time the game's been going on for, I don't have a super strong read on anyone yet. I've already said I thought Smarg was towny and that I didn't really like the reasoning for the bandwagon on her. Also, not gonna list them in the order you asked, I'll just say what I think about them.
Says he just read the whole thread, but couldn't find much information. I just re-read myself, and I found tons. He's being non-committal, refusing to take stances. I don't buy that he couldn't get enough of a read.

Joey? My RVS vote on him was somewhat serious, with the whole possibly buddying Smarg thing, but after the game started, he has done the opposite of think that Smarg was town. Is he scum? I don't know, looks like he's trying to scumhunt so far, even if I disagree with his opinion.
This bothers me - RVS vote being "somewhat" serious? The RVS vote was clearly a joke in my eyes. To me, this feels like he is trying to "clear" the pressure off him by showing that he took a stance early, which happens to align with one of his scum "picks" (quotes because he isn't solid on it at all). Scum read from this.

He doesn't say much about the other two players.

Asdioh has been forced to answer the question by J - he can't really get away with not answering at this point. He says Joey, but qualifies his choice as being based on "the tiniest of vibes". More being non-commital.

This might be an inappropriate question to ask at this point, but I assume someone would bring up meta if Asdioh is known for playing like this as town, right? =P

Hi guys, Aniki's busy so you get the little bro. Currently reading through, this caught my eye.

I wouldn't consider J "friendly" in mafia games to be exact. He seems to be really... hmm.. aggressive? Like he seems pissed half the time honestly. That's just from what I remember, though xD! I don't think he gets any less pissed when he is pressuring people ._.
STOP. USING. META. TELLS.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
T-Block, you think Asdioh is scum at this point.

You can vote him now with us and we can be bros with AM. <3

Also this isn't how Asdioh plays as town AT ALL.

T-block

B2B TST
I forgot to say it's interesting that his Joey pick lines up with his RVS vote. Whether he picked according to who happened to receive his RVS vote, or whether the RVS vote and his pick are caused by the same thing is unclear, but I do think it is one of those. I am definitely not expressing my thoughts on this very well, but hopefully someone knows what I'm trying to say.

I do think Asdioh is leaning scum, J. Why are you so eager to get me to vote him though?

@AM: I specifically requested that information - don't jump on Joey for giving it please.

Top Bottom