• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's little Tourny Next round stated (Wifi blows)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
hmm im not a huge fan of mirror matches. But i guess it would be a good experience. And a chance to play different pits other then kupo. I just hope i dont play ssj hes too far from me and it lags horribly.

Tag: Negi
FC: 3952-6726-3327
preferably i get set up with matches closes to west coast first, since im in hawaii. If at all possible.
Sorry here is his post I forgot to put his accout name.

kown

Smash Lord
negi"s tag online is different then his SWF account. I think its ryos. Im going on vacation next week so lets try to get this done heh if not you can just drop me.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Yeah negi would be me. lol. Someone took negi i think. So upset. lol. Anyway hit me up on aim next time ur online.

I just noticed that guy who quoted me. And i put the wrong name. Idk why i wrote kupo, it was suppose to say kown. Oh well.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
lets hope not.

On a side not, GO TO SLEEP KOWN It's 12 over here and later for you. I have a tourny in the morning so you need your sleep!!!

Black Pit FTW

Ryos4

Smash Lord
aww but i fight kown before a few times. I was looking foward to seeing other peoples pit. lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Its really more neutral. lol I rather fight other pit players since im here anyway. Im not saying ur bad or good. Just played you before. And brawl is a lil more interesting when u fight new people. Not to mention you will get more out of playing new people.

Felis

Smash Cadet
You know what I hate it when people whine and jhon when they lose. "oh its too laggy" "i should just give up" blah blah blah. "I should quit my character" jhon whine jhon whine. Man people need to grow up and take their loss and stop complaining about how they got outplayed.

Felis: 2
GoldAdmiral: 0

-Felis

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol admiral, im surprised of all ppl to be johning about lag since you live on wifi. But then again, we can john in this thread. Johning can be annoying which is why I dont wifi

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I am not satisfied with this. Lag, and that constant AR use, included that an earthquake happened before our match (California). Regardless, I tried everything i had in my arsenal:
Arrow looping, wingdashing, glideshifting, divebombing, angelic stepping, glide cancelling, arrow rain, and my new Double-angle Arrow looping/rain.
All of that and I had to lose...
I met my limit and may have to give up on Pit now, meaning I may have to resign. Even though I may come back soon, I just cant after this experience.
Keep the win. I give up as of now. There's no point in trying when I cant do nothing to overcome such a simple and common type of opponent, especially if he refuses to understand the great things that each tech especially Arrow Rain has done to me. I will temporaly put my Bow and wings aside. Im sorry Palutena, but i dont think I can go on at my current state. I'll come back... soon, i hope...
You'll be seeing me on the Bowser side more often now.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Looks like it me VS Felis. When is good for you, I should be able to make most times?

@ Admiral: Its a game you win you lose you get better. And again this is wifi it doesn't matter if you win or lose it means nothing. ex. We all know kupo is one of the best Pits we've see and yet he lost his first match. Also you were in the winners so you still have a match to do should I just give it to the other person or are you going to play it?

Felis

Smash Cadet
I am not satisfied with this.
Sucks to be you...
Regardless, I tried everything i had in my arsenal:
Arrow looping, wingdashing, glideshifting, divebombing, angelic stepping, glide cancelling, arrow rain, and my new Double-angle Arrow looping/rain.
All of that and I had to lose...
Well yeah since thats all you did, You need to learn the fundamentals of Pit and not to focus on all the techs. Pit isn't all techs anyway, learn that. oh and arrow rain is useless when was the last time you used it against me and it worked? NEVER!

There's no point in trying when I cant do nothing to overcome such a simple and common type of opponent, especially if he refuses to understand the great things that each tech especially Arrow Rain has done to me.
LOL you called me a simple and common opponent XD. Well all the techs do good things for us but you just abuse them like their is no tomorrow. Some times just dashing is better then angelic stepping and shooting them with 3 arrows is better than trying to loop it. You still need to learn when to use the techs and if you don't you will never become a better player.

I met my limit and may have to give up on Pit now
Maybe you should

-Felis

P.S.
And Corrupt just AIM whenever, I will be back on in a few hours

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
U better be waiting for 1-3 days. I may be weakened, but dont think Im letting this go by easily.
And Arrow Rain Useless!? Soon, you will see the mistake in underestimating such a tech. :mad:
I hate those who diss this tech as well as those dissing Wingdashing.
In the meantime, u better enjoy provoking me while it lasts...

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
I think you're looking at this the wrong way admiral bowser, a loss isn't the end of the road in developing your skills with a character, it's an opportunity. Think over what you did, why you lost, and learn from it. If you do that, you will better yourself with pit. Occasionally everyone has their confidence in a character broken after a loss, but the main thing is to get past that, dust yourself off, and keep fighting. Give up pit if you feel like it, but think it through carefully.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ok, Admiral, Three things. One, it's a game. Don't get too stressed out, just have fun. Second, just because you lost a few matches doesn't mean you suck at Pit. Experience is the wisest teacher. Just get better from your losses. Three, it's wi-fi. EVERYONE SUCKS AT IT. Seriously. This doesn't prove anything. Fate said that before he began that tournament.

kupo15

Smash Hero
We all know kupo is one of the best Pits we've see and yet he lost his first match.
May I add that I was three stocked twice in a row :laugh:

Adm P: Trust me, when I got beat by felis i think it was, I felt like such a noob and that I sucked even though I dont. And your not one either. This is what Wifi does to ppl. WIFI stands for "Why (am) I Fu**** Insane" for playing Wifi.

Its ok that your taking time off. Yourll be better when you come back.

Im sry to say but Felis was on the money with the whole abusing AT's. They compliment Pit and his basic moveset...they dont replace them. Arrow rain doesnt have many uses against a moving, skilled foe. Its too slow and if you want to use it, you need to find the right time. And if you think Arrow Rain is still really good, unfortunately you have to prove it. I had to do that with wingdashing etc also.

Gl adm

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Rouge No your still in you, you have a fight in round 5. I didn't put it up because nothing in round 5 is decided yet don't worry. you fight the winner of Admiral Bowser and Demon

Also are you in admiral Bowser or are you out? I need to know.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Yeah umm what happened to rogue. he only lost once.

Oh and as for the whole giving up on pit thing. So what if u know all the techs and u lose. Maybe u didnt lose based on ur technical play. Maybe u need to work on ur basics more. Ive never played you before but. U may need to work on shieldgrabbing or side stepping, ect. Just work on ur overall gameplay, find your weakness and make it ur strength. If u do give up on pit for a while, it would only be a cycle of getting worse because u stop playing and stop playing because ur getting worse.

Anyway you get more out of losing then u do out of winning.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I refuse to go down, but maybe I was so worked up with me getting material for my combo vid that I didnt realize what was going on. As soon as I recover, I will make sure to be a bit more aggressive... (Id probably lose anyways).

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Guys, Admiral Bowser and I are having some technical issues involving the wi-fi that he uses. Because of the huge amount of lag that he has, I can't get into his room and he can't get into mine on Wi-fi so we can't really verse... What do we do?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya he has some connection problems with some people.... see if one of you can try a friends house (one of his friends would be better) if you can't or what ever then we'll try something else

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrows... That makes me feel like a loser.
As for the match, I will have to reschedule for Friday, considering how my friend isnt here at home today. He's like 50 steps away from my house anyways, and hopefully everything goes well by then. If not, I will most likely resign and give up considering how Im already in a bad position.

kupo15

Smash Hero
you have to realize that arrows alone are not powerful and since your game is 75% arrow rain/looping that isnt going to kill ppl. You need to realize this before moving ahead.

Its like a Pika thinking that QAC will win matches. It wont. It becomes predictable and isn't effective without a solid foundation.

Top Bottom